Page 196 of 256 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 6383

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

And the Lions are getting blown out by the Steelers.

And the streak of not winning in Heinz Field continues.

Seriously, how do you let a team with that offense score nearly 40 points against you?

This one's on the coaches, too. Seriously, Tomlin outcoached Schwartz big time.

Well, the Eagles managed to win, but that was a truly awful fourth quarter performance. No reason why a 24-0 lead at the start of the fourth should have come down to a point where the Redskins have a legitimate shot at tying the game. Played good ball for three-fourths of the game, but they seemed to have forgotten that it's not over until it's over.

Tampa's been playing great, too.

Bet they beat the LOLions after they had that pitiful performance. The NFC North is pathetic this year.

Again, the Texans lose. 2-8. Yaaaaaay.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    Meyer is finally feeling the downside of scheduling a punch of pansies in addition to their already pathetic conference schedule
    It's a good thing Meyer didn't schedule these games, then - every OOC game except Florida A&M was on there since before Tressel was fired.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    It's a good thing Meyer didn't schedule these games, then - every OOC game except Florida A&M was on there since before Tressel was fired.
    My bad on that then. So the higher ups just want to make sure they have the easiest path year in and year out. Don't gripe too much if the teams ahead don't lose and OSU is left out of the championship as they should be then. OSU's conference stinks and they still schedule nobody teams.

We needed the playoffs this year. not next. Hopefully that will put an end to teams slithering into the championship game on the back of an incredibly weak schedule. its why I'm really not impressed at all with OSU's unbeaten streak-they haven't beaten anyone worth mentioning. I know you are probably going to try and put lipstick on a pig here, but there is really no defending OSU's schedule unless you have some pretty thick homer glasses
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 17th November 2013 at 9:55 PM.

It's really interesting to me how OSU actually gets good OOC teams on the schedule as soon as the playoff starts.

(More infuriating that none of those OOC teams are in the SEC. Even Vanderbilt went through the pretense of wanting a home-and-home, why not anyone else?)

My bad on that then. So the higher ups just want to make sure they have the easiest path year in and year out.
    Meyer functionally could not schedule anyone better - switching out the games that close to the season means we're forced to schedule the Miami (OH)s and SMUs instead of the Buffalos and SDSUs. At least the midmajors they're going up against are still in conference title contention.

I'm not going to pretend they deserve national title consideration this season, but they're certainly not overrated for where they currently stand.
    Last edited by John Madden; 17th November 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    last.fm
    facebook

If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I do think they are overrated for the schedule they play. They are staying highly ranked purely on merit of being undefeated, but notice how no one is talking about them in the championship game. if they lose anywhere, they should drop into the teens in ranking.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 17th November 2013 at 10:46 PM.

That fake punt call changed the game. How can the Lions be that good in the second quarter and that bad in the second half? Oh wait......

IT'S THE LIONS!

Typical Lions smh, and as far as the NFC North goes the whole division is a dumpster fire this season.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Bucs are playing well but I see the lions winning next week

The Packers are one of the best teams in the NFC with Aaron Rodgers, and the Lions aren't a bad team - just an average one. I had them going about 8-8 or 9-7 and finishing second or third in the North before this season started, so I guess that's why I'm so frustrated. With all this talk of them being first in the North and with that easy schedule coming up, I guess I subconsciously thought they'd cruise to a 13-3 season, because I know a good team like the Saints or Seahawks probably would. Right now, I'm thinking 11-5 or 10-6 is more likely, with losses to Philly and maybe Baltimore or someone.
    But it's as I said earlier. The Lions are nowhere near being as good as the Saints or Seahawks and probably never will be.

The NFC East is a dumpster fire. The NFC North just has a lot of bad injuries right now. Without said injuries, it's not a bad division, just not a particularly amazing one, either.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW. View Post
    Again, the Texans lose. 2-8. Yaaaaaay.
    Why are they so crappy this year?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I do think they are overrated for the schedule they play.
    Unfortunately for your opinion, the computers that actually factor in strength of schedule largely don't.

(And if they drop a game this season it's going to be in three weeks, in which case they drop to #10 at worst.)

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Why are they so crappy this year?
    It's the curse of Wade Phillips.
    last.fm
    facebook

Hey look the Bears actually won! With the Lions' loss that means we're only one game back in the north, though I highly doubt we win the division regardless. Our defense was trying really hard to screw it up but a win is a win, on to St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    Unfortunately for your opinion, the computers that actually factor in strength of schedule largely don't.
    OSU has the 62nd ranked schedule, flawed computers aside, that is really bad

OSU fans are going to have to root for an SEC team in Florida, because if they do not take down FSU, OSU is left out as they rightfully should be. heck they may be left out even with an FSU loss with Baylor if that team goes undefeated.

The only way OSU goes to the championship game is if Bama or FSU loses, and I think they'll still need a Baylor loss even then

the point of all this (other than my obvious dislike of FSU and OSU) is that we will likely have multiple undefeated teams, more than 2. and a few of these teams have schedules that make them undeserving of a berth in the championship. We NEED that playoff.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 17th November 2013 at 11:48 PM.

I think the Packers need to fire McCarthy. We should not be losing this much and especially not to a victim of Super Bowl Host Syndrome. Also we need to sign Tebow. He deserves a shot at being a starter. It's Peyton Manning's fault he doesn't have a job (as a result of that, GO CHIEFS!).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Fire McCarthy. You are kidding right? You do know they are without Aaron Rodgers. Right?

No Aaron Rodgers is not an excuse. At least not a good one.
    -----

Hrm. I HATE the 49ers and generally like the Saints a great deal. But it'd probably be BETTER for Seattle if SF wins this game. I am sad at having to want SF to win.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    The Packers are one of the best teams in the NFC with Aaron Rodgers, and the Lions aren't a bad team - just an average one. I had them going about 8-8 or 9-7 and finishing second or third in the North before this season started, so I guess that's why I'm so frustrated. With all this talk of them being first in the North and with that easy schedule coming up, I guess I subconsciously thought they'd cruise to a 13-3 season, because I know a good team like the Saints or Seahawks probably would. Right now, I'm thinking 11-5 or 10-6 is more likely, with losses to Philly and maybe Baltimore or someone.
    But it's as I said earlier. The Lions are nowhere near being as good as the Saints or Seahawks and probably never will be.

The NFC East is a dumpster fire. The NFC North just has a lot of bad injuries right now. Without said injuries, it's not a bad division, just not a particularly amazing one, either.
    The Lions are average at best I agree with you.

I figured the Lions would win today. I figured the Lions would win 9 or 10 games this season. Maybe I did take it to far with my "dumpster fire" comment, because when the Packers do have Aaron Rodgers they are the best team in the NFC. The Bears aren't a bad team either they just have a bad case of the injury bug right now. Kudos to them never giving up today in that game against Baltimore. Nice win for the Bears.

I'm just frustrated and annoyed over this Lions loss....I'll get over it.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    No Aaron Rodgers is not an excuse. At least not a good one.
    Losing one of the best QBs in the world and relying on a back up you never planned on using is a very good excuse for more losses than usual. Let me put it this way, you are probably the only one in the country wanting McCarthy fired right now. Most aren't indulging in gross overreaction.

Just think a little before you post, thats all.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 18th November 2013 at 12:52 AM.

Well, Detroit's out of the Top Ten next week. I think I have a pretty good idea who is going to enter in their place, and I think they might be met by as much skepticism as when I was the first guy to get sold on Carolina.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Then again, the same thing that's bogging down Green Bay is the same thing that bogged down the Yankees this year. Why do all the injuries have to happen to my teams?

As for the Browns, maybe not considering Jim Tressel for the head coach job wasn't such a hot idea after all.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Then again, the same thing that's bogging down Green Bay is the same thing that bogged down the Yankees this year. Why do all the injuries have to happen to my teams?.
    Wait I thought McCarthy should be fired and injuries weren't an excuse for more losses than usual this season?

its not just your teams with injuries this year. The bucs are down to their third string back, and my gators probably have more major injuries than any team ever.

The NFL should just be a flag football league since you can't touch the quarterback anymore. What a joke!

1693 1038 1902

Page 196 of 256 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast