Page 197 of 263 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 6572

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Arizona is in the playoff hunt! Celebrations abound! ^-^ San Fran lost! Hopefully, Carolina loses too, so AZ gets the wildcard berth..

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    The NFL should just be a flag football league since you can't touch the quarterback anymore. What a joke!
    Pretty much. Mind as well put non contact jerseys on them

McCarthy should be fired? Come on man...

Even if Rodgers were playing, and they lost, he still shouldn't be fired. What is it with fans thinking it's the coach's fault all the time? If the players just do their job, the coach is a genius.

All right! My Seattle Seahawks beat the Minnesota Vikings today, 41-20.

Next week is a Bye week, and on December 2nd, Seattle Seahawks play the New Orleans Saints.
    "That man won't quit as long as he can still draw breath, none of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control for even a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and to show you how powerful I really am."

Broncos up on the Chiefs 10-7 so far. I still have a feeling the Broncos win when it's all said and done. If the Chiefs do win though I will give them credit where it's due.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    The Packers are one of the best teams in the NFC with Aaron Rodgers, and the Lions aren't a bad team - just an average one. I had them going about 8-8 or 9-7 and finishing second or third in the North before this season started, so I guess that's why I'm so frustrated. With all this talk of them being first in the North and with that easy schedule coming up, I guess I subconsciously thought they'd cruise to a 13-3 season, because I know a good team like the Saints or Seahawks probably would. Right now, I'm thinking 11-5 or 10-6 is more likely, with losses to Philly and maybe Baltimore or someone.
    But it's as I said earlier. The Lions are nowhere near being as good as the Saints or Seahawks and probably never will be.

The NFC East is a dumpster fire. The NFC North just has a lot of bad injuries right now. Without said injuries, it's not a bad division, just not a particularly amazing one, either.
    Odds weren't good today... Steelers are still technically in the hunt, so they had to win today and it was in their favor at home. If there was a game the Lions were going to lose, it was this one, but going 11-5 still is realistic for them (which is definitely enough to win 1st in the NFC)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The bucs suddenly aren't a pushover anymore. I don;t think the game next week will be easy for the lions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    The bucs suddenly aren't a pushover anymore. I don;t think the game next week will be easy for the lions.
    Just a page ago you said the Lions would win XD

Eh, whatever... anything can happen I guess
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Shame on me for thinking the Jets would break their streak of win one/lose one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Just a page ago you said the Lions would win XD

Eh, whatever... anything can happen I guess
    I didn't say the bucs would win. I still think the Lions ultimately win, but its not going to be an easy game

Odds weren't good today... Steelers are still technically in the hunt, so they had to win today and it was in their favor at home. If there was a game the Lions were going to lose, it was this one, but going 11-5 still is realistic for them (which is definitely enough to win 1st in the NFC)
    Meh. It really is a good example of "It doesn't matter who you play, it's when you play them." If the Lions were like the Bears and got lucky to get the Steelers early in the year, I have no doubt in my mind they would have won, since the Steelers were so riddled with injuries early in the year.

That's why I'm a little wary of the Bucs. If the Lions were playing them earlier, I think they would have won. But now now. Now, the Bucs have some momentum.

But I've calmed down now, and now, they have to do the same thing I said they needed to do after they lost to the Cards in Week 2. They lost a game they should have won, now they need to win a game they shouldn't (Philly, Baltimore maybe?).

you are probably the only one in the country wanting McCarthy fired right now.
    No he's not, trust me. Some of these cheese heads are nuts.

I don't care if your team is GB or the Jags or even Denver. There are always going to be at least a few people that want to fire the coach.

Oh, it won't be. No game is ever "easy" for the Lions.

But still... The Bucs beat two garbage teams at home. Next week, they'll be playing a playoff team on the road. I may be a little wary of them, because they have some momentum, but that's the only reason I'm wary of them.

I'm not saying anything is guaranteed, but the odds should heavily be in the Lions' favor.

Since it's a home game, and I feel the Lions are the better team i'll pick the Lions....but you never know....

Also the Chiefs lost. The Chiefs just don't have a great defense, and this was there first real good opponent all season. I know some people expected a ugly blowout...well I figured the Chiefs would lose by a touchdown or 2 at least. I was pretty much spot on.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 18th November 2013 at 6:29 AM.

1693 1038 1902

I didn't say the bucs would win. I still think the Lions ultimately win, but its not going to be an easy game
    Sorry... I misunderstood. No win is ever easy, although some teams make it look easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Meh. It really is a good example of "It doesn't matter who you play, it's when you play them." If the Lions were like the Bears and got lucky to get the Steelers early in the year, I have no doubt in my mind they would have won, since the Steelers were so riddled with injuries early in the year.

That's why I'm a little wary of the Bucs. If the Lions were playing them earlier, I think they would have won. But now now. Now, the Bucs have some momentum.

But I've calmed down now, and now, they have to do the same thing I said they needed to do after they lost to the Cards in Week 2. They lost a game they should have won, now they need to win a game they shouldn't (Philly, Baltimore maybe?).
    4 of the last 5 games at home... gotta like the Lion's chances. There's always gonna be those games you should win but don't, but your bound to only lose those on occasions. Today it was a mixture of bad everything and playing in weather that they almost never play in (yeah, that's hardly an excuse). Lets just say it was more the Lion's playing bad then the Steeler's somehow finding form.

What the heck did the Panthers do to get so good anyway? It just seems like they went from being mediocre to elite out of nowhere, and I hate it when teams do that.

Then again, I'm probably just a jealous Lions fan.

Where is that Panthers guy again? The guy is a wizard I tell ya.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

The Panthers defense has improved massively lettme tell ya

I'm impressed with the way the Panthers have gotten better on defense. This win over the Pats is definitely a signature win.

1693 1038 1902

That was a great game, im surprised the Pats didnt ger torched even more with their beaten and broken defense.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Quick Top Ten w/o any analysis because I'm getting ready for work (I'll edit comments in later):

1) Denver - Beat the Chiefs just like everyone knew they would. The gam stats were surprisingly close, but Denver won by double-digits and always seemed to be in control.

2) Seattle (More like 1A) - Okung, Giacomini, and Harvin are back. Now prepare to see the power of a fully armed and operational Seahawks team.

3) New Orleans - They won based on on a disputed call, but unfortunately that happens a lot in the NFL. They still looked impressive in crunch time.

4) Carolina - Another win with an officiating asterisk (though not as egregious as the Saints' win because the call here wasn't as bad). Again, they controlled most of the game and looked great.

5) Indianapolis - Back on track after regaining control in a game that looked like it could have been a Rams repeat early on.

6) New England - No team slides up-and-down these rankings like the Patriots. Capable of beating anyone, but has the ability to just look "meh", too.

7) Kansas City - They competed with Denver, but they never passed the eye test. They just didn't LOOK like a threat because the offense is so middling.

8 ) Cincinnati - Back on track after dominating a divisional foe.

9) San Francisco - May have lost to a REALLY good team and a bad call, but still... what happened to the 49ers?

10) Philadelphia - Imagine if Foles had played every game this year. This team could be in much better position than they currently are. Now they can even win at home.
    Last edited by Sid87; 19th November 2013 at 12:59 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

The eagles are going to be like the patriots of 2001-2002. They were 5-5, brady came in and started dominating, and the defense stepped up. Foles will stay hot and shock the whole nfc.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Might be time for FSU fans to start squirming. I think their hero is going to become a zero shortly. DNA has linked him to his accuser

a lot of this sounds like a massive cover up too. I think FSU may be in trouble as a football program after all is said and done.

Might be time for FSU fans to start squirming. I think their hero is going to become a zero shortly. DNA has linked him to his accuser

a lot of this sounds like a massive cover up too. I think FSU may be in trouble as a football program after all is said and done.
    Yea, and this makes jonny manziel look a lot better now. All he "possibly" did was sell a few signed things he had, which is harmless compared to what is going on here. This should.lock.up his second heisman
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Honestly I think this is a disgruntled former girlfriend who is trying to get revenge on a winning sports player.

Could or could not be but it's highly plausible that this is true. We'll know soon enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Honestly I think this is a disgruntled former girlfriend who is trying to get revenge on a winning sports player.

Could or could not be but it's highly plausible that this is true. We'll know soon enough though.
    I strongly disagree, and quite frankly I think this is a disgusting opinion. See I have a major issue with so many people trying to put this on the victim who was possibly SEXUALLY ASSAULTED
    They found his DNA in her underwear. She immediately went to the cops, and from there apparently the detective tried to discourage her from proceeding by saying something along the lines of "This is a big football town and you will be miserable if you accuse him"

Rather than the disgruntled ex card you just played, I am going to say its more likely that there is a cover up in Tallahassee trying to protect their star player. Its just football, a game, but I wouldn't underestimate the lengths a success starved big name program will go to to win

Lets look at how this story has changed: So he goes from never being there and never knowing the girl to saying it was consensual sex. Personally, I think Jameis is in some deep you know what, and I hope this girl gets justice if he did rape her
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 21st November 2013 at 10:12 PM.

I strongly disagree, and quite frankly I think this is a disgusting opinion. See I have a major issue with so many people trying to put this on the victim who was possibly SEXUALLY ASSAULTED
    They found his DNA in her underwear. She immediately went to the cops, and from there apparently the detective tried to discourage her from proceeding by saying something along the lines of "This is a big football town and you will be miserable if you accuse him"

Rather than the disgruntled ex card you just played, I am going to say its more likely that there is a cover up in Tallahassee trying to protect their star player. Its just football, a game, but I wouldn't underestimate the lengths a success starved big name program will go to to win

Lets look at how this story has changed: So he goes from never being there and never knowing the girl to saying it was consensual sex. Personally, I think Jameis is in some deep you know what, and I hope this girl gets justice if he did rape her
    For one, if she was raped then he should face the full consequences.
    It is entirely possible that Jameis Winston and this woman were engaged in consensual intercourse at the time. Considering that this event happened nearly a year ago and she did not immediately press charges also raises some suspicion. The timing of the situation is too coincidental to not bring up this hypothetical event.

(adding to this, considering she was intoxicated, she cannot give consent to sexual activity, thus if Winston engaged in lewd acts with her while she was intoxicated, it WOULD be sexual assault/rape, chargeable. Which also seems likely at this point. )

Go ahead and pigeon hole me if you wish I am merely bringing up a situation that happens all too often to the famous.
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 22nd November 2013 at 12:58 AM.

Page 197 of 263 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast