Page 199 of 264 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

  1. #4951
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    262

    Default

    The Lions screwed up again. The collapse has begun. It'd be nice if the Bears could actually take advantage of the Lions' losses, though, this sucks.

  2. #4952
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Welp, season's over. Lions will go 6-10, but you know what? Good. Then they can fire Schwartz and get someone competent to coach them. Fire Mayhew while they're at it and make Xanders their GM. Maybe that will do this dumpster fire of a team some good.

    And while we're at it, maybe consider cutting Stafford and drafting a new QB. Stafford is too streaky and will never be elite.

    Why do all the teams in the state of Michigan have to be complete and utter crap?

  3. #4953
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mikasa (Ha get it? :3)
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Welp, season's over. Lions will go 6-10, but you know what? Good. Then they can fire Schwartz and get someone competent to coach them. Fire Mayhew while they're at it and make Xanders their GM. Maybe that will do this dumpster fire of a team some good.

    And while we're at it, maybe consider cutting Stafford and drafting a new QB. Stafford is too streaky and will never be elite.

    Why do all the teams in the state of Michigan have to be complete and utter crap?
    Considering the Bears' defense is terrible, and Green Bay sucks without Rodgers the Lions might still make the playoffs at 6-10. That or Minnesota makes an end of season push to win the division! The NFC North got destroyed by injuries/bad luck this year. Also, I'd love to see Detroit cut Stafford, you don't need to be elite to win, throwing away a good QB because he isn't elite would be silly.
    Last edited by HoboJak; 24th November 2013 at 10:27 PM.

  4. #4954
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    If the Lions lose to GB, then GB owns the tie breaker. They'll make the playoffs instead of the Lions.

    Which is fine. Then the Lions can make some coaching changes and have an easier schedule and maybe contend next year. As it is right now, the Lions are an overrated garbage team.

    I'm actually kind of hoping the Lions lose on Turkey Day now.

  5. #4955
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Well the Packers managed to squeeze out a tie.

    I think it's time the NFL adopt the OT rules used by the NCAA. Sooner or later the NFL needs to admit their system is flawed. Some of the greatest college games went into OT - like the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, the best birthday present I ever received.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  6. #4956
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    On the field, and on the sidelines the Lions are just too inconsistent to ever be a champion. The Bucs aren't as bad as their record suggests a lot of their losses were close, but this is a game the Lions should've won. Jim Schwartz better be gone after this season.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  7. #4957
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    If they make the playoffs, I don't hope Schwartz is gone, and he probably won't be. People say that in five years, he should have made the Lions a contender, but bear in mind he was given the 0-16 team to work with - a team with zero talent outside of Megatron. Not even Bill Belichick could have turned the 0-16 Lions into a contender in five years imo.

    But if the Lions miss the playoffs - and I'm starting to think they will, because there's no way they make it in via wildcard - then I want him gone, but I'm not holding my breath for someone better, because nobody worth his salt wants to coach the Lions, no matter what people may say about them wanting Gruden or Dungy to do so.

  8. #4958
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    If the Lions miss the playoffs this should be the final straw for Schwartz, but they will keep him around most likely. That 0-16 season was a while back ago now...No coach could've fixed that mess which is true. I think the only thing that is saving his hind is the fact the Lions made a playoff appearance in 2011....

    I'll take back some of what I said. If the Lions do make the playoffs let him stay for another season. Let's see if he can coach this team to another playoff berth next season.

    If he fails to lead them to the playoffs this season, and next season (if he's still there) I think it's time that the organization really considers firing him....
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 24th November 2013 at 11:48 PM.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  9. #4959
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    If they make the playoffs, I don't hope Schwartz is gone, and he probably won't be. People say that in five years, he should have made the Lions a contender, but bear in mind he was given the 0-16 team to work with - a team with zero talent outside of Megatron. Not even Bill Belichick could have turned the 0-16 Lions into a contender in five years imo.

    But if the Lions miss the playoffs - and I'm starting to think they will, because there's no way they make it in via wildcard - then I want him gone, but I'm not holding my breath for someone better, because nobody worth his salt wants to coach the Lions, no matter what people may say about them wanting Gruden or Dungy to do so.
    That sorta reminds me of what happened to the chiefs. They had a string of "meh-ey" seasons, then had a horrible season, then acquired a decent quarterback, and are now considered an over-rated team due to having 9wins vs sh'tty opponents and 2 losses vs quality opponents (yes, san diego is considered quality to me, or more accurately "under-rated" ). The problem with Detroit right now though isn't their coaching, it's their imbalance at offense. They have a semi-decent quarterback (stafford may not be good, but he does throw for a decent amount of passing yards despite being surrounded by crap), but aside from Calvin Johnson they don't really have anybody worth throwing to. Also, with their running game consisting of "Mr. Meh" Reggie Bush, they basically have to rely on Stafford and Stafford only to get them out of jams. What they need to do is either draft or trade for 2 decent WR's and preferably a TE. Until then, the only thing that differentiates them from the Vikings is a better QB and an easier schedule.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:


  10. #4960

    Default

    Come on, Texans. The damned JAGUARS.

    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

  11. #4961
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Geno Smith has looked horrible these last two weeks. It'll be like Mark Sanchez all over again, he'll stink it up the rest of the regular season and every week people will say he should be benched, but Rex will never bench him. This season has already been more than I expected, but I'll be happy if they at least stay in contention for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by Puma Italia; 25th November 2013 at 3:32 AM.

  12. #4962
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Not going to even laugh at Florida losing that game this week. That's really, really rough. Everyone should thank LSU this week though, we knocked down Johnny Heisman again . Finished 16-3 on the week in picks, wasn't surprised by Baylor losing, Oregon surprised the hell out of me, and i really thought that UCLA was better than Arizona State, but apparently not. Apparently we're in the running for the Cotton Bowl this year which makes me pretty happy given the outcome of this season. Hopefully we beat Arkansas (should be very doable). Would like a crack at Texas / Baylor. Biggest question now though is who wins the Heisman. In my mind you would give it to McCarron, he's only lost twice and has 3 National Championships (if you count his redshirt year). I'd be more willing to give it to him over Winston assuming Winston does get charged with rape, regardless of guilt/innocence, the fact that he's tied to something like that doesn't satisfy the "integrity" criteria of the Heisman trophy. Then again, Johnny Manziel to name a contemporary example, winning it shows that the integrity requirement outlined in the award's description has little meaning.

    718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

  13. #4963
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Geno Smith has looked horrible these last two weeks. It'll be like Mark Sanchez all over again, he'll stink it up the rest of the regular season and every week people will say he should be benched, but Rex will never bench him. This season has already been more than I expected, but I'll be happy if they at least stay in contention for the rest of the year.
    Are you surprised though? Coming into this season, Geno Smith had arguably the most difficult task imaginable: lead a team known for its stellar defense into the playoffs as a rookie, despite playing for a NCAA team known for its hyper-offense and having literally no talented WR's/TE's. If they can finish with a better record than the giants, then I'll be impressed. Until then, the Jets will be the 4th biggest laughing stock in New York City (Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, and A-Rod being my top 3).
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:


  14. #4964
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    You've even predicted a bama loss to an FCS team this year if I am not mistaken. No one takes you seriously when you talk about the SEC anymore.
    considering the nonsense you spew about the conference I'd think the same thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    Zeno, I'd take Manziel over petty every day. There is a reason he is the best. Pretty much NO ONE has been able to stop Manziel this season. he is even better than last year. So i do not think that is a very valid point to rely on if you say bama's defense will struggle.

    FLORIDA FLORIDA FLORIDA SEC FLORIDA FLORIDA FLORIDA SEC BAMA IS GREAT BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE SEC NOBODY TAKES YOU SERIOUSLY IF YOU TALK BAD ABOUT THE SEC FLORIDA IS SO BAD BUT THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE SEC FLORIDA FLORIDA SEC FOOTBALL I KNOW MORE THAN YOU CLEARLY BECAUSE I ROOT FOR FLORIDA

    My point is everyone gets all enamored with these high scoring offenses...until they run into a defense that can contain them. Bama looked shaky on D early in the season, now they look unstoppable. I don't think anyone will beat them, and if they do they certainly won't "Floor them." Another thing everyone is forgetting is Saban, the best coach in CFB with 2 months to prepare, a full season of tape on baylor's offense, AND a championship QB leading his team. Good luck "flooring" that baylor.
    Bama has underperformed against mundane SEC competition. And they will surely have a tough game against Auburn.

    Oh and by the way, Manziel just got flat out shut down by LSU. Oh and by the way, he also got hampered by Auburn's defense. Clearly you do not watch enough SEC football, a conference you are so vehemently obsessed with.

  15. #4965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Well I can handle the Browns losing all the time. But the Packers? There's absolutely no excuse for this, McCarthy needs to be fired. 2 years ago we won 15 games. The year before that we won the Super Bowl. Now we are having our worst November in years. However, nothing lasts forever, even cold November pain.
    This obviously is all McCarthy's fault. not having 3 or 4 QBs starting in the past few weeks because they suddenly lost one of the best QB's in the world. FIRE MCCARTHY!!!!


    and zeno, LSU and Auburn are obviously mundane teams....whoops they aren't. Very little of what I "spew" about the sec has been "nonsense." I think people are just so tired of the sec winning that they start seeing red when someone talks about the SEC. For the record, I hate Bama, and would really rather them not keep winning. I just happen to be able to see through that hate to recognize they are a very good team. The only reason I would root for them in the championship this season is if it was FSU or OSU in the game considering I dislike those more.


    your editing of my post is rather pathetic because I have never even implied Florida is better than ANYONE this season (except for early in the year when they weren't decimated by injuries and bad coaching). I know they suck and I certainly don't think I am better than anyone because UF is in the SEC and I root for them. On good years, I do, but to imply that I think my rooting for a 4-7 team makes me better than everyone is just petty and ignorant.

    For that edit I think I am going to put you on ignore for a while since you obviously can't have a civil conversation without stooping to childish crud such as that. Check your own post and past posts next time before calling someone's else's post nonsense.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 25th November 2013 at 4:55 AM.

  16. #4966
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Wow, the Panthers won their 7th game in a row

    The Cardinals hammered the Colts

    The Lions stink

    Kansas City lost their 2nd straight game

    The Houston Texans have been a dumpster fire this season. Even Andre Johnson came out and said "they suck"

    A lot has happened today. The Pats just scored, but the Broncos are still up 24-21

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  17. #4967
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Well this Patriots-Broncos game just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

    Patriots just took a 4 point lead after being down 24-0.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  18. #4968

    Default

    I'm in north carolina right now and can't see any games...but I see my Bucs have won 3 in a row. Guess I was right about that not being an easy game for the lions

    The more I see the more i think the bucs should keep Glennon. He looks better with every start

  19. #4969
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    If the Broncos lose it's their own fault. Blowing a 24-0 lead is ridiculous. I really don't care who wins btw, just sayin...

    However, least the game is pretty interesting now.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  20. #4970

    Default

    Peyton against Brady is just bad juju for whatever team Peyton is on :P

  21. #4971
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Don't rub it in. The Jags are the only team in the NFL I'm convinced would be an "easy win" for the Lions. They're just not a team that's capable of going in, playing a full 60 minutes, and blowing an inferior team out of the water. Not yet, at least.
    I still think the Lions are a better team than the Bucs overall. They outplayed the Bucs, but nobody can win when they commit six (!) turnovers. It's a miracle the Lions only lost by three points.

    However, I DO think they're overdue for one of those games where everything just goes right for them, and they win big. Last game where that happened was last year against the Jags. Who knows? Maybe Thursday will be that game.

    Yeah, I'm still upset, but no more doomer and gloomer crap. After all, only two years ago, they won five in a row with an inferior team and an equally soft schedule. There's nothing convincing me they can't win 4 of their last 5 or even win out.

  22. #4972

    Default

    of course the lions are a better team than the bucs this season. but they weren't today. I'm not rubbing it in, got no hate for the lions. But maybe some of those turnovers were the result of a defense that has been very good over the last month? the bucs were the better team today, and it got them the win.

  23. #4973
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Gotta take care of that football if you wanna win. The Lions should feel fortunate they only lost by 3.

    I know i'm pretty upset about the loss today, but who knows. Maybe the Lions can come out with a victory this Thursday. I know, I know, the Lions don't do so hot at Lambeau, but you never know. Some games the Lions play great football, then other games they just collapse. You never know what your gonna get with this team.

    Earlier I said that the Lions stink. That may of been to harsh, but this team is most certainly overrated. If Calvin Johnson didn't even play on this team their record would be worse most likely.

    I'm just gonna hope and pray for a playoff berth....This Thursday is a BIG game.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  24. #4974

    Default

    Lions win thursday against a Rodgersless Packers. Pretty sure.

    If they don't turn it over a bunch again.

  25. #4975
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    ^ That is another reason why I think the Lions could have a chance. The Packers are bad without Rodgers. Unless you ask the other guy that has been posting on this thread....

    According to him everything is McCarthy's fault....

    If the Lions wanna win though they can't turn the ball over at all.....

    Btw, the Broncos just made it 31-31. This has been a dang good game!

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Page 199 of 264 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •