Page 200 of 264 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Oh, I'm not saying the Bucs didn't do their part. They're MUCH better than what their record suggests and have mostly been unlucky, as I said earlier.

Stafford constantly over/underthrowing his targets and pretty much all the receivers (Megatron included) having stone hands certainly helped the Bucs, though.

Also, Matt Flynn is starting for the Packers. He destroyed the Lions the last time he played against them. Then again, the Lions didn't have a defense in 2011, so you never know. We'll see.

I think the Lions defense can hold their own against Flynn this time around, or at least I hope....Who knows.

The Pats and Broncos are going to overtime. Should be interesting!

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

It's weird to think the seahawks might have been under the radar pretty much the whole season, even as being by record the best team in the league. Next Monday will be a huge test for them, but if they win it pretty much locks up home field advantage and I don't see them losing anyone at home, espcially if the weather is bad. They are set for a super bowl run.
    Last edited by yuoke; 25th November 2013 at 3:12 PM.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I don't think home victories are so automatic for Seattle. Especially not against a team like the Saints. Now, with Seattle home history and the Saints road history, the game certainly LOOKS to be in Seattle's favor, but I sure won't say I can't see them losing. The Saints are probably the second best team in the league (assuming Seattle is #1).

Either way, a great matchup that I'm sure I'll be fretting and screaming at my TV over. This SEEMS like it's the Seahawks' year, and I just want a Superbowl more than anything in sports ever right now.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

They certainly aren't automatic, just look at the bucs game

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    They certainly aren't automatic, just look at the bucs game
    That really doesn't look as bad right now. The buccs are probably playing as well as any team can be with that kind of record, especially on defense.

I'm not even a seahawks fan, but other than tampa, they have doninated at home, and the only two really bad road games they had other than that were indy and houston, and indy was healthy and playing great then. I just don't see them not getting to the super bowl if they hold on to homefield, and that is basically a lock if they beat the saints because they already also beat carolina.
    Last edited by yuoke; 25th November 2013 at 6:34 PM.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    That sorta reminds me of what happened to the chiefs. They had a string of "meh-ey" seasons, then had a horrible season, then acquired a decent quarterback, and are now considered an over-rated team due to having 9wins vs sh'tty opponents and 2 losses vs quality opponents (yes, san diego is considered quality to me, or more accurately "under-rated" ).
    The Chiefs had a coaching change, too, and did just about everything right this offseason. It wasn't just getting a decent QB.

Who knows? Maybe the Lions need a coaching change, too. I think a lot of Lions fans look at teams KC and San Francisco and Seattle and think Reid, Harbaugh, and Carroll are 100% responsible for turning them into contenders and think the same thing would happen to the Lions if Schwartz was fired. I don't necessarily believe that, but if they miss the playoffs with the schedule they have now, then I'll be calling for his head.

But you are right, they do need to get better. Along with what you said, their CBs have got to be the worst in the entire NFL, other teams are exploiting the heck out of that, and it seems like there's nothing they can do about it.

So either way, it's a win-win situation for me right now. If the Lions make the playoffs, then that's good no matter what, even if they lose in the first round again. If they miss the playoffs, then Schwartz most likely gets fired, and hopefully they'll do better under someone else.

Oh, Harbaugh and Carroll were godsends to San Fran and Seattle. I know Carroll GUTTED the team he took over and rebuilt it from the ground-up. He took a team that was pretty miserable for a two year stretch and built them into a top-flight team in, what, 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Oh, Harbaugh and Carroll were godsends to San Fran and Seattle. I know Carroll GUTTED the team he took over and rebuilt it from the ground-up. He took a team that was pretty miserable for a two year stretch and built them into a top-flight team in, what, 3 years?
    Chip kelly might be doing the same thing as we speak, and him being yet another big name head coach originally from the pac-12.

Named Admiral Sentret

Damn Brady. 3 fumbles to open the game and then down 24-0 at halftime. Helluva win for the Patriots. Brady slings it just as well as anyone in the cold.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Chip Kelly was another common suggestion to replace Schwartz as HC of the Lions. A lot of Lions fans think he would have made their offense literally unstoppable.

Now, I mostly see Gruden (Jon or Jay), Dungy, Jimmie Johnson, and a few others thrown around. Yeah, right. No coach worth his salt wants to coach the Lions because of their history, I know that much. If they get a new coach, it'll just be some nobody with no coaching experience.

Week 14 of Top 25 picks:
    14 NIU over W. Michigan
    13 Oregon over Oregon State
    16 Fresno State over SJSU
    17 LSU over Arkansas
    19 UCF over S. Florida
    1 Bama over 4 Auburn
    2 FSU over UF
    Michigan over Ohio State (upset pick of the week)
    5 Mizzou over 21 A&M (Also an upset pick in my mind)
    10 S. Carolina over 6 Clemson
    8 Stanford over 25 Notre Dame
    9 Baylor over TCU
    11 MSU over Minnesota
    Arizona over 12 Arizona State
    15 Wisconsin over Penn State
    22 UCLA over 23 USC
    24 Duke over UNC (Duke in the top 25...this season has been topsy turvy)

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Meh, I think Michigan is going to get its doors blown off

I'm going to be a super homer and say Florida does the unthinkable. I can dream

I have no facts to back this up

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Michigan over Ohio State (upset pick of the week)
    LOL Not happening.

The only way it happens is if every starter on OSU gets injured or somehow can't play. Then maybe, MAYBE Michigan has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Chip Kelly was another common suggestion to replace Schwartz as HC of the Lions. A lot of Lions fans think he would have made their offense literally unstoppable.

Now, I mostly see Gruden (Jon or Jay), Dungy, Jimmie Johnson, and a few others thrown around. Yeah, right. No coach worth his salt wants to coach the Lions because of their history, I know that much. If they get a new coach, it'll just be some nobody with no coaching experience.
    ...that is assuming rob ryan doesn't get their HC job. I'm actually surprised that people aren't lining up to want to coach the team. Think about it: you're literally applying for the one job in which if you succeed, you're deemed a hero wheras if you fail, you can blame it on the team and NOONE will question you.

In other news, the broncos lost for the 2nd time this year, and in very stereotypical fashion. They had a solid lead going into half time vs one of Peyton Manning's old rivals, then channeled their inner cowboys and blew it to only lose in OT. Yes, it came on a flukey play and yes, it doesn't change the overall playoff picture but it's still pretty horrible. Denver is winning meaningless games and losing meaningful ones. In order for people (namely me) to start taking them seriously, they have to win these ones.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Well the KC game was pretty meaningful

Griffin just isn't the same anymore after his disaster of an injury. Redskins are pretty much out of the playoff picture after tonight.
    I'm going to be a super homer and say Florida does the unthinkable. I can dream

I have no facts to back this up
    oh the sweet honey that is irony
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 26th November 2013 at 5:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Griffin just isn't the same anymore after his disaster of an injury. Redskins are pretty much out of the playoff picture after tonight.
    There are just so many mediocre to s***ty (really that bypassed the censor before I edited?) NFL teams this year.

The entire NFC East, NFC North, AFC South, most of the AFC North (except the Bengals), the Raiders, the Chargers, the Rams, the Jets, the Dolphins, the Bills, the Falcons, and the Buccaneers.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Hopefully my crappy team can embarrass a few more teams this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    There are just so many mediocre to s***ty (really that bypassed the censor before I edited?) NFL teams this year.

The entire NFC East, NFC North, AFC South, most of the AFC North (except the Bengals), the Raiders, the Chargers, the Rams, the Jets, the Dolphins, the Bills, the Falcons, and the Buccaneers.
    Either the playing field is fairly level with everyone or there's just a lot of mediocrity (inclined to believe you and the latter lol)

Honestly the Redskins did this to themselves, Griffin would be having a stellar year if it wasn't for his injury. Shanahan seriously should have pulled Griffin sooner last year. A playoff appearance or your franchise QB's health (with many division titles and maybe a super bowl berth/win or two in his future)?

Hopefully my crappy team can embarrass a few more teams this year.
    Losing to the Bucs might actually be worse than BEING the Bucs.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Losing to the Bucs might actually be worse than BEING the Bucs.
    Well look how they have played the past month. Very nearly beat a team that never loses at home, and since then, 3 straight. I actually like the direction the bucs are headed now.

Michigans gonna have to play the best mistake free game they have played all season, and Al Borges will have to call the best game he ever has. I doubt any of that happens but you never know. Ohio State is the better team on paper, but this is a wounded Wolverines team with their backs against the wall. Anything can happen in this rivalry. For example, Ohio State was hot garbage in 2011 and look how close they kept it with Michigan. Michigan was the better team on paper that season. We can even go all the way back to the early 90's. Seven win, eight win Michigan teams were ruining Ohio States undefeated seasons. Ohio State was the better team on paper during those years that they were undefeated.

I'm not saying Michigan will win this Saturday, but anything can happen in this rivalry.

Take every little record and throw it out the window when these two teams play. All in all though Ohio State will most likely win. I just hope Michigan puts up a fight at least. If Michigan actually pulls off the upset that would be freaking great....
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 26th November 2013 at 7:35 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Weekly Top Ten

1. Seattle. The game this week will determine who deserves the #1 spot for probably the rest of the season, as Seattle plays...

2. New Orleans. ...the other best team in the NFL.

3. Carolina. Red-hot right now with 7 in a row.

4. New England. A team this good can even overcome a 24 point halftime deficit. They officially put themselves in position to be the #1 seed in the AFC by beating Denver.

5. Denver. Though the Broncos still control their own destiny. P.S. How does a team this good not protect a 24 point halftime lead?

6. San Francisco. Dominating bad teams like they should, but struggling mightily with the good ones. Really a difficult team to figure out.

7. Kansas City. The supposedly stifling defense just got rolled-up on. Injuries could put the brakes on their promising season.

8. Cincinnati. They were on a bye, so I wasn't reminded just how schizophrenic they are.

9. Arizona. Very quietly has put together a 4-game winning streak when no one's been watching. Destroying the Colts and owning a W over the Panthers means they are for real.

10. Philadelphia. I'd feel bad dropping them after their Bye, so I let the Colts fall past them and kept Dallas behind them.

Shanahan needs to give Kirk Cousins a chance.

Page 200 of 264 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast