Page 201 of 264 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Take every little record and throw it out the window when these two teams play. All in all though Ohio State will most likely win. I just hope Michigan puts up a fight at least. If Michigan actually pulls off the upset that would be freaking great....
    I got the same feeling about UF/FSU.

Its more likely that FSU blows them out, but in a rivalry game, anything can happen. in 79 a 0 win Florida team very nearly beat #5 FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    5. Denver. Though the Broncos still control their own destiny. P.S. How does a team this good not protect a 24 point halftime lead?
    I hate to be that homer guy who takes offense to every slight sent his team's way, but to be fair, going into the game, they were down two starters in the secondary, their starting tight end, and a head coach (and remember that they've been one of, if not the best, second-half teams in the NFL with John Fox and Manning). Before the game was done, they had lost their other two secondary starters, their most-used defensive tackle, and eventually their best running back. Against one of the best quarterbacks ever at home, along with extraordinarily sloppy play swinging from one side to the other at the half, that is how a 20-plus point lead gets lost. Obviously, that doesn't change the outcome, but that's basically it; it's not really a question of talent, imo

Jordan Lynch broke his own record for most rushing yards in a game by a qb.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I hate to be that homer guy who takes offense to every slight sent his team's way, but to be fair, going into the game, they were down two starters in the secondary, their starting tight end, and a head coach (and remember that they've been one of, if not the best, second-half teams in the NFL with John Fox and Manning). Before the game was done, they had lost their other two secondary starters, their most-used defensive tackle, and eventually their best running back. Against one of the best quarterbacks ever at home, along with extraordinarily sloppy play swinging from one side to the other at the half, that is how a 20-plus point lead gets lost. Obviously, that doesn't change the outcome, but that's basically it; it's not really a question of talent, imo
    All this is true but the Patriots are just as banged up, including losing their two premier run stoppers in Mayo and Wilfork for the entire season.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Not even bothering to watch the Lions today. I'd rather not get angry around my family if they lose.

And I honestly don't care if they lose. It's a win-win situation, as far as I'm concerned. If the Lions win, they (most likely) win the NFC North and go the playoffs, and I don't care if they lose in the first round again. If they lose, (most likely) their season is over, and (most likely) this coaching staff is gone. Who knows? Maybe somebody else will be able to take them farther a la Pete Carroll with the Seahawks or Jim Harbaugh with the Niners.

I think the Packers should trade all their defensive players to Denver for all their defensive players. This Packers defense has yet to force a punt today, while the Lions have forced 2.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Because Denver is stupid enough to do that.

Don't worry. The Lions always find creative ways to lose, even if they dominate the team they're playing. The Pack are still in this.

I'm telling you the Packers would be winning if Tim Tebow were QB. It's Peyton Manning's fault he doesn't have a job. I'm hoping Peyton gets at least a season-ending injury on Sunday. That would be nice karma.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 28th November 2013 at 8:47 PM.
    -----

The Packers would be winning if Aaron Rodgers wasn't hurt. And hoping someone gets injured is rather classless.

After today I'm done watching the NFL this season. I don't care if Rodgers comes back. The Packers' worst month in years will end up being too much for them to overcome. McCarthy will be gone after the season. I'm already starting to hope we can bring back Mike Holmgren as our coach.

Of course this isn't the first time Reggie Bush got on my nerves. He did that a lot while at USC (I'm a Notre Dame fan in case you did not know).
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 28th November 2013 at 9:29 PM.
    -----

McCarthy won't be gone after this season, and they're not going to bring back Holmgren as coach. It's not his fault the Packers are so banged up. You can't coach the injuries out of players.

That said, I'm glad the Lions won big (for once), but I still think they lose to Philly next week.

Take away those turnovers and the Lions drop even more points on the Packers! A wins a win though, i'll take a 40-10 win any day! Especially over the Packers.

If the Packers weren't banged up with injuries I think they win that game, most likely easily....

McCarthy doesn't deserve to be fired. If his whole team was healthy with Aaron Rodgers, they would be doing way better this season.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 29th November 2013 at 1:27 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

well given the fact that Green Bay suffered its worst Thanksgiving defeat ever that certainly is grounds for firing the head coach
    -----

Thanksgiving games for the Packers are a small sample size, and it's not McCarthy's fault that the team is so banged up. It's like the Lions last year. They weren't a bad team, they were just really banged up, especially the WR core. Like I said, you can't coach the injuries out of people.

Well the fact remains that out of the 4 coaches of my top 4 favorite football teams (Browns, Packers, Notre Dame, Ohio State), Urban Meyer of OSU is the only one I'm satisfied with at the moment. OSU is still in the national title hunt, Notre Dame has regressed from last year, the Browns never do good and you know what's going on with GB.
    -----

The Lions are merely about average - certainly not Super Bowl contender, UM sucks, and MSU is good (but will probably become a Big Ten bottom feeder next year, when Pat Narduzzi leaves to go coach a contender - just watch, it'll happen), and I'm satisfied with all three coaches. *shrug*

Maybe I've just lowered my standards or something, though.

Ole Miss QB just fumbled the ball 5 yards from the goal line in OT lol.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I see number nine is still the only packers fan on the planet who wants the coach to be fired and can't see the extenuating circumstances for the slump this year. Say it with me one more time. "THEY LOST ONE OF THE BEST QUATERBACKS IN THE WORLD"

NO coach would have had them at a better record at this point. and hoping for someone to get injured says a lot about you as a fan. i think taking your own advice and stepping away from football for a while would be a good idea. You take a game way too seriously. Look at how my teams (gators and bucs) are doing this year. You see me screaming about it and calling for heads and people to get injured?

PS: OSU is not in the title hunt unless Alabama or FSU loses. If things stay as is and both those teams win out, OSU is left out of the championship, and rightly so.

^ Weren't you calling for the UF coach to be fired a few days ago?

Watched the end of the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game. Unfortunate that Pittsburgh couldn't complete the comeback, it was a pretty good game. Hope Le'Veon Bell will be alright, that hit he took looked nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    ^ Weren't you calling for the UF coach to be fired a few days ago?

Watched the end of the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game. Unfortunate that Pittsburgh couldn't complete the comeback, it was a pretty good game. Hope Le'Veon Bell will be alright, that hit he took looked nasty.
    Losing to an FCS team will make you say strange things. No i'm not happy with muschamp, yeah I've said he should go. however I'm not screaming about it with nearly every other post. I don't have an issue with saying a coach needs to go when he actually deserves it. Up till that GSU loss, i was saying give him another year because of the injuries... but there is no excuse for losing to an FCS team.

They've GOT to suspend Mike Tomlin, right?

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    They've GOT to suspend Mike Tomlin, right?
    Well, no, not really. I haven't familiarized myself with the rules entirely, but it makes sense that all that will come is a fine. Had he faced the other way, maybe, but if you see the replay. He notices last second and accidently steps onto the field to juke farther out of bounds. I mean, I don't even think he deserves a fine, but rules are rules.
    Signiture Underconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I'm telling you the Packers would be winning if Tim Tebow were QB. It's Peyton Manning's fault he doesn't have a job. I'm hoping Peyton gets at least a season-ending injury on Sunday. That would be nice karma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    well given the fact that Green Bay suffered its worst Thanksgiving defeat ever that certainly is grounds for firing the head coach
    I still haven't figured out if youre just trolling or have just fallen off your rocker completely.

Tebow sucks at quarterback and the Packers would probably do worse with tebow at QB.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

I'm afraid it's neither. I say this stuff because I care about my team. You (Blue Porygon) would be calling for Belichick's head if the Patriots were doing bad.

EDIT: Just took a look at Bama's 2014 non-conference schedule. All 4 opponents are garbage. Bama needs to schedule tougher non-conference foes - like OK State, Clemson, Ohio State, and Stanford.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 30th November 2013 at 4:14 AM.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Qmaz246 View Post
    Well, no, not really. I haven't familiarized myself with the rules entirely, but it makes sense that all that will come is a fine. Had he faced the other way, maybe, but if you see the replay. He notices last second and accidently steps onto the field to juke farther out of bounds. I mean, I don't even think he deserves a fine, but rules are rules.
    He knew exactly what he was doing and where he was. He was staring right at the Jumbotron; you can't tell me a head coach of an NFL football team ever just looks completely away from his team's plays and, what, stands there and daydreams? He intentionally put himself in the field of play and impacted action on the field. If he only gets a fine, that is an absolute nothing punishment, and does nothing to discourage other coaches and their staff from doing similar tactics to try to alter the course of a game.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Page 201 of 264 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast