Page 202 of 256 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 6376

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I'm afraid it's neither. I say this stuff because I care about my team. You (Blue Porygon) would be calling for Belichick's head if the Patriots were doing bad.

EDIT: Just took a look at Bama's 2014 non-conference schedule. All 4 opponents are garbage. Bama needs to schedule tougher non-conference foes - like OK State, Clemson, Ohio State, and Stanford.
    If the Patriots were doing bad because their future HOF QB was out, i would most certainly not call for Belichicks head. Its hard to recover from that kind of loss.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Again: Do you honestly think the Lions would be doing any good if Calvin Johnson was out?

Because your case is similar. And if you think the Lions would be fine without Calvin Johnson, then you're delusional. Because they wouldn't be.

Anyway, now we know what Michigan has to do to win. They need to pretend they're playing OSU every week. Why didn't they play the way they did today in every game they've played since MSU?

I swear to God, the NFC West has gone from the loser division to the hardest division to win. Heck, even the Rams are hard to beat! Ask the Colts and the Bears who beat them. Sure, the Bears and the Colts are having problems right now, but I can say with certainty that the Rams are good, even when they are bad.

Speaking of NFC West, how about those Cardinals? Winners of 4 straight games in a row, the latest being the Colts. San Francisco needs to get it's game up and going, because with their sub-par playing, their Wild Card spot is no longer guaranteed with Arizona knocking.

Speaking of Wild Cards, don't forget the Carolina Panthers! With the Panthers being only one game behind the dreaded Saints, the Saints cannot afford to lose to the Seahawks this week. The results would be a problem for the Saints, who would lose their likely first-round bye in the playoffs. Let's not get delusional, Lions fans. You're not getting a bye. While the Saints would likely easily defeat their opponent in the playoffs, they may get injured players, and there's always the chance of losing.

Remorph's Projected Playoff Spots:
    NFC
    1. Seahawks
    2. Saints
    3. Eagles
    4. Lions
    5. Panthers
    6. Cardinals

AFC
    1. Broncos
    2. Patriots
    3. Bengals
    4. Colts
    5. Chiefs
    6. Chargers

Side note: I don't see the Ravens continuing their winning streak. They barely beat the Jets, who are an absolute train wreck. I also don't see Kansas City winning the other game against the Broncos. Anyone who even considers this is delusional, or a Chiefs fan.

That's about all I have to say on short notice. I can make comments on every NFL team later today, if anyone cares to hear about them.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Well OSU barely won, now it's up to Auburn.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Clemson or Michigan State needs to win in order to keep the SEC championship streak alive.

If either of FSU/OSU lose, Auburn OR Missouri will be in the national championship game. I think Auburn can win but I'm not sure about Missouri.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

The streak is very close to being over.

This is turning out to be a good day for me. OSU winning and Bama losing proves me right.
    -----

Oh my god... that Alabama/Auburn game though.

It's always nice to see Alabama lose. I don't really have anything against them, they are just so good that it's nice seeing them lose a game.

Some people are hilarious.....

If Michigan would've won the game on that 2 point conversion everyone would be saying Hoke is a genius. Just shut the heck up. He made a decision and stuck with it. Michigan wasn't going to stop Ohio in overtime, and our QB was on one leg, oh and our kicker was in street clothes. It was the right decision. The guys played tough. They gave everything they had.

Play calling was spot on today. If Michigan would've spreaded the field on teams all season, MSU would be their only loss. Instead, Borges wanted to run a straight up pro style offense with a quarterback that's just not suited for it. Devin Gardner is better in the spread. Michigan showed today you can move the ball on the Ohio defense at will if you spread the field 4 wide.

As far as that "brawl" goes, that happened earlier in the game, i'm not surprised it happened. Theres always fighting in Michigan/Ohio games. The O$U player that flipped off the fans as he was leaving because he was ejected can go rot in a sack for all I care. What a piece of crap.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 1st December 2013 at 6:17 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Oh my god... that Alabama/Auburn game though.

It's always nice to see Alabama lose. I don't really have anything against them, they are just so good that it's nice seeing them lose a game.
    Yea, that was arguably the greatest finish in College Football history, up there with the best. Auburn definitely deserved the win, no doubt about it.

I've heard that people are threatening Saban and Bama players on Twitter. Sure they lost but that doesn't mean you have to threaten them. At least they freaking tried and had a good game. This just reminds me so much of all the old people yelling for no reason at High School football games. This stuff is crazy but no where near as crazy as Soccer fans.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I've heard that people are threatening Saban and Bama players on Twitter. Sure they lost but that doesn't mean you have to threaten them. At least they freaking tried and had a good game. This just reminds me so much of all the old people yelling for no reason at High School football games. This stuff is crazy but no where near as crazy as Soccer fans.
    Soccer fans actually go through with their threats lol.

And don't even get me started on the parents who yell and curse at the referees/umpires at football/baseball games. Those people are annoying.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    The streak is very close to being over.

This is turning out to be a good day for me. OSU winning and Bama losing proves me right.
    Not so fast. I think it may be a very bad day for you. Auburn is going to move to #3. They just beat the #1 team and will have to beat another top 10 team. That stretch alone is far tougher than any of the cupcake schedule OSU played. Plus they played all year in a far tougher conference. Especially with the poor showing OSU had against a mediocre Michigan team, look for Auburn to jump OSU to #2 if they win they SEC championship.

Take off your homer glasses for a few minutes are look at the schedules the two have played, then tell me again OSU deserves to be in over Auburn if Auburn beats Mizzou. OSU hasn't even played a top 10 team this season. Auburn will have beaten 2 back to back.

PS: I think Mich State beats OSU
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 1st December 2013 at 9:23 PM.

Wait, I thought Bama fans were bored with winning? lol

Don't worry about what people say on Twitter, it doesn't mean anything.

bama fans are spoiled. I'm not surprised they would be attacking their coach now

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Some people are hilarious.....

If Michigan would've won the game on that 2 point conversion everyone would be saying Hoke is a genius. Just shut the heck up. He made a decision and stuck with it. Michigan wasn't going to stop Ohio in overtime, and our QB was on one leg, oh and our kicker was in street clothes. It was the right decision. The guys played tough. They gave everything they had.

Play calling was spot on today. If Michigan would've spreaded the field on teams all season, MSU would be their only loss. Instead, Borges wanted to run a straight up pro style offense with a quarterback that's just not suited for it. Devin Gardner is better in the spread. Michigan showed today you can move the ball on the Ohio defense at will if you spread the field 4 wide.

As far as that "brawl" goes, that happened earlier in the game, i'm not surprised it happened. Theres always fighting in Michigan/Ohio games. The O$U player that flipped off the fans as he was leaving because he was ejected can go rot in a sack for all I care. What a piece of crap.

Go Blue forever! I was at the game yesterday...still heartbroken. Classic game, shame it didn't go our way.

Yeah, it's always going to be debated whether we should have gone for two. But it would be too much to expect another fumble or interception because our defense had no chance of stopping Braxton or Carlos Hyde from overtime field range.

I don't know what's going to happen next year, but Borges and Hoke have to realize they need to run an offense that works with the players we got, and not force something. If that Michigan team showed up all season, we'd be 11-1 or 10-2. All I can say is that Hoke and Borges saved themselves, or at least kept their job security a lot more tighter than it was before game. But they need to beat OSU at the Horseshoe next year...
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    bama fans are spoiled. I'm not surprised they would be attacking their coach now
    Neither am I, but their threats are empty. It's not a big deal, unless something bad happens a la that one year where the Vancouver Canucks lost in the Stanley Cup finals.

And thank you Minny.

It's great for the Eagles to come up with a win. Hopefully Philly won't turn on then if the do bad next week against Detroit.
    Signiture Underconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by Qmaz246 View Post
    It's great for the Eagles to come up with a win. Hopefully Philly won't turn on then if the do bad next week against Detroit.
    If that same Lions defense on Thanksgiving appears, then Eagles might have a tough time. Hopefully Lions win...but knowing the Lions, they'll scare us fans right until they barely squeak into the playoffs.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    No it's not Bama fans that are spoiled. It's those hardcore football fans(No matter what team they go for) that are spoiled. They'll go crazy over the stupidest thing. I've seen old people get mad over my high school's football team kicking a field goal instead of going for the 2 even though they were ahead by 20 points >_>

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

No it's not Bama fans that are spoiled. It's those hardcore football fans(No matter what team they go for) that are spoiled. They'll go crazy over the stupidest thing. I've seen old people get mad over my high school's football team kicking a field goal instead of going for the 2 even though they were ahead by 20 points >_>
    I know that feeling. All my teams having such a bad year has kind of given me a needed slice of humble pie

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    If that same Lions defense on Thanksgiving appears, then Eagles might have a tough time. Hopefully Lions win...but knowing the Lions, they'll scare us fans right until they barely squeak into the playoffs.
    Well, hopefully the defense can't stop, or interfere with Nick Foles.

Well the Browns are pretty much done after today. Hopefully we get rid of Chud after the season and we make a push to get Jim Tressel to be our coach. I'm also hoping we get to draft Johnny Manziel next year so we can build towards an eventual Super Bowl championship. Passing on Big Ben and letting him go to Pittsburgh was perhaps the biggest draft mistake in team history and Chud is the worst HC hire in team history.
    -----

If the Lions play lately is anything to go by, they'll be the ones turning over the ball a lot. They remind me of the Packers in the early Brett Favre days lol.

The Broncos are set for the playoffs this year, 4-0 in the division and in First place, might even get a first week bye. Knock on wood though, anything could happen. Personally, if be happy for the Eagles to make the playoffs. First real rebuilding season.

Seattle Seahawks vs. New Orleans Saints tomorrow night.

Hope we win.
    "That man won't quit as long as he can still draw breath, none of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control for even a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and to show you how powerful I really am."

Page 202 of 256 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast