Page 204 of 260 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 6490

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Well even if you think Tampa and Pittsburgh are better than their records (I don't), I didn't have Detroit in the Top Ten the last two weeks, and I'm not about to add them in just because they beat up some dregs. The NFC North is shaping up to be the worst division in the NFL since the Eagles and Cowboys are both hitting their strides, so being #1 in that division isn't really impressing me.

I actually like the Lions, though, as far as teams go. I like Jim Schwartz because, really, anybody who wants to punch out Jim Harbaugh is A-OK with me. Generally I cheer for Detroit most weeks, so I'm not trying to insult them.
    One of those dregs happened to beat the lions

^ If you mean the Packers in Week 5, they were playing in Green Bay without Megatron, and Aaron Rodgers hadn't gotten injured yet. There was no way the Lions were winning that one.

I honestly don't think the NFC North is that bad on paper, just injury-riddled. If Aaron Rodgers wasn't hurt, they'd be running away with the division, and the Lions would likely be heading for the 7-9/8-8/9-7 record that the experts thought they would finish before the season began. Which isn't bad, per se, just average. But yeah. The Bears and Vikings are both pretty bad this year.

Believe me, I don't think the Lions belong in the upper echelon of the NFL until they beat a few good teams (and maybe have a good offseason). Just the way you worded that irked me a little bit. It's like the Tigers from a couple years ago (in baseball). I saw a lot of people who were like, "Oh, the Tigers aren't that great, they're just beating up on AL Central cupcakes, they'd get killed if they were in a REAL division." This is basically no different, and I've read enough of that logic for a lifetime. That's all. I apologize for being a homer, though.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 3rd December 2013 at 11:22 PM.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...cleared-return

Well McCarthy's fate seems to be sealed. I heard Ed Orgeron wanted a head coaching job. Maybe he can coach the Packers once they fire McCarthy once this season's over.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I haven't been on this thread for a few weeks and you insisting that McCarthy is going to be fired is already annoying.

And it's also not true.

At all.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW. View Post
    I haven't been on this thread for a few weeks and you insisting that McCarthy is going to be fired is already annoying.

And it's also not true.

At all.
    I wouldn't be talking if I were you. The Texans are doing even worse right now. They currently have the worst record in the league. So Kubiak might be gone too.
    -----

No **** Kubiak'll be gone, he's been doing awful for almost all of the time he's been in Houston. McCarthy has done a damn fine job in Green Bay and the Packers management would have to be full of idiots and dunkasses to fire him.

If they do, however, I'll be ecstatic if the Texans pick him up.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

McCarthy isn't getting fired, but the loss of his MVP-level QB exposed a lot of problems...
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Well even if you think Tampa and Pittsburgh are better than their records (I don't), I didn't have Detroit in the Top Ten the last two weeks, and I'm not about to add them in just because they beat up some dregs. The NFC North is shaping up to be the worst division in the NFL since the Eagles and Cowboys are both hitting their strides, so being #1 in that division isn't really impressing me.

I actually like the Lions, though, as far as teams go. I like Jim Schwartz because, really, anybody who wants to punch out Jim Harbaugh is A-OK with me. Generally I cheer for Detroit most weeks, so I'm not trying to insult them.
    AFC sout is pretty awful too. Indy, who has struggled a lot the last month, and the other three teams just are just really bad.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

AFC South is the worst division. There's really no doubt.

Seattle Seahawks beat the New Orleans Saints last night with an astounding 34-7.

Next Sunday, Seattle Seahawks rematch the San Francisco 49ers.
    "That man won't quit as long as he can still draw breath, none of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control for even a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and to show you how powerful I really am."

Yeah, that game last night was over at halftime. Saints never stood a chance.

Since the Seahawks are the only NFL team in their region, they should become the Cascadia Seahawks to take advantage of the greater region. Nice marketing move IMO, the Patriots have done well marketing themselves as a regional team (and that's not just due to how good Tom Brady is).
    -----

I have given up ALL hope for the Texans.

Just wait, they'll probably lose their next four games, trade off Schaub thinking Keenum is their "qb of the future", then proceed to lose 16 straight the following season for the worst losing streak in nfl history (current shared by the detroit lions at 27 games).
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

At least we'll get some good picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I wouldn't be talking if I were you. The Texans are doing even worse right now.
    Quit crying. Seriously. He can't help it that his team is losing. Don't insult him over what he cannot control. Oh, look! Ha! The GB team sucks without Aaron Rogers! That's no insult. That's foolishness. Also, McCarthy won't get fired. No way on earth. What are you thinking?

I'm a nice guy, but I don't put up with garbage like that...

You have my support, Russel W.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Nah, I don't need support, but thanks anyways. I really don't hold insults from people all that high.

Anyways, I'm in support of FSU for the BCS championship. Not too big a fan of the other choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    Quit crying. Seriously. He can't help it that his team is losing. Don't insult him over what he cannot control. Oh, look! Ha! The GB team sucks without Aaron Rogers! That's no insult. That's foolishness. Also, McCarthy won't get fired. No way on earth. What are you thinking?

I'm a nice guy, but I don't put up with garbage like that...

You have my support, Russel W.

This just shows how important Aaron Rodgers, or any team for that matter, needs a well rounded QB. And hey, the Packers offense is doing terrible because it is put together around Aaron Rodgers, that's not McCarthy's fault. It's hard to adjust to a new QB.
    Signiture Underconstruction

I was thinking that if the bcs rankings hold up, I wonder how FSU will reapond to when evan spencer said they would wipe the floor with them. I went to high school with him so I was surprised he talked some trash there, but I could see it becoming bulletin board stuff.

Named Admiral Sentret

Since everyone here is so obsessed with college football, I thought I'd share something I posted elsewhere:

If Auburn makes it in over OSU, then the BCS is the sham we all know it to be.

If Ohio St and Florida St both finish unbeaten, then they have to play for the title. This shouldn't even be up for discussion, but the awesome thing about how [crappy] the BCS is, is that it is a discussion.

As someone who hates college football and their silly way of crowning a champion, I am getting a kick out of this. The BCS either puts an inferior team (OSU) in the title game, or they prove their whole system is a biased joke by putting a team with a flaw on their record there.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

You didn't mention the possibility of Auburn making it into the title game if OSU loses to Michigan State, assuming Auburn wins the SEC championship.

What happens then?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Qmaz246 View Post
    This just shows how important Aaron Rodgers, or any team for that matter, needs a well rounded QB. And hey, the Packers offense is doing terrible because it is put together around Aaron Rodgers, that's not McCarthy's fault. It's hard to adjust to a new QB.
    I understand the importance of a strong, well-rounded QB to make a team great (really, I do. I'm a Browns fan), but isn't much of the GB offence at the moment full of secondary players because everyone was injured in the beginning of the year? I haven't been keeping up to date with GB much, but it seemed they were struggling because of that even before Aaron Rodgers was injured.
    Last edited by SugarFreeJazz; 4th December 2013 at 4:17 PM.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    You didn't mention the possibility of Auburn making it into the title game if OSU loses to Michigan State, assuming Auburn wins the SEC championship.

What happens then?
    That's almost as bad because then you've got one unbeaten (FSU) and probably a dozen one-loss teams, so it still shows how silly and arbitrary and pointless the BCS is. But I really hope Ohio St goes unbeaten because that will make even more squirming because the title game is obvious, but there'll be SO MUCH hemming and hawing and hand-wringing.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Since everyone here is so obsessed with college football, I thought I'd share something I posted elsewhere:

If Auburn makes it in over OSU, then the BCS is the sham we all know it to be.

If Ohio St and Florida St both finish unbeaten, then they have to play for the title. This shouldn't even be up for discussion, but the awesome thing about how [crappy] the BCS is, is that it is a discussion.

As someone who hates college football and their silly way of crowning a champion, I am getting a kick out of this. The BCS either puts an inferior team (OSU) in the title game, or they prove their whole system is a biased joke by putting a team with a flaw on their record there.
    They basically admitted that the system is flawed when they set a four team playoff that starts next year. If this was next season already, we would get to see those three teams, and then alabama all get a chance.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    I understand the importance of a strong, well-rounded QB to make a team great (really, I do. I'm a Browns fan), but isn't much of the GB offence at the moment full of secondary players because everyone was injured in the beginning of the year? I haven't been keeping up to date with GB much, but it seemed they were struggling because of that even before Aaron Rodgers was injured.
    Yeah, the injury bug always seems to hit them the most.

I really want to say that I think the Texans will win, but I just don't see them doing it. I say they lose their 11th straight.

Yeah, the injury bug always seems to hit them the most.

I really want to say that I think the Texans will win, but I just don't see them doing it. I say they lose their 11th straight.
    The injury bug hits every team very hard. It has also hit denver, KC, and New england pretty rough, but they arent making excuses.

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 204 of 260 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast