Page 205 of 260 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 6483

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    Since everyone here is so obsessed with college football, I thought I'd share something I posted elsewhere:

If Auburn makes it in over OSU, then the BCS is the sham we all know it to be.

If Ohio St and Florida St both finish unbeaten, then they have to play for the title. This shouldn't even be up for discussion, but the awesome thing about how [crappy] the BCS is, is that it is a discussion.

As someone who hates college football and their silly way of crowning a champion, I am getting a kick out of this. The BCS either puts an inferior team (OSU) in the title game, or they prove their whole system is a biased joke by putting a team with a flaw on their record there.
    I can't wait for the 2014 championship stuff they'll do. Whatever it is, it's an improvement.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    They basically admitted that the system is flawed when they set a four team playoff that starts next year. If this was next season already, we would get to see those three teams, and then alabama all get a chance.
    Exactly. At least the guy can see OSU is an inferior team. Take a look at this article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...state/3799051/

I was generous with OSU's SOS last time. Its 66th. Not 52nd. I don't care that they are undefeated, they are not one of the two best teams in the country and if NIU or another non power conference team had the same schedule they would be out of the top 5. The only ranked team they have played to this point is a Wisconsin team struggling to stay in the top 25.

and we all know the BCS is a sham most of the time. But since it is gone next year, why not start early and get it right this year? Auburn clearly deserves it more than OSU.

I can't wait for the playoff system. The current BCS system is flawed in my opinion.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Yep. Really I don't think FSU or OSU are the best teams in the country because of their ridiculously easy schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I can't wait for the playoff system. The current BCS system is flawed in my opinion.
    I wish it was implemented better.
    4 teams just isn't enough. An ideal system would be to have 1 team from each conference and a few "at large" bids thrown in.

Hopefully they'll expand it after the first year.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    The earliest they can expand it is 2026.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    The earliest they can expand it is 2026.
    Are you kidding me?
    That's ridiculous.
    oopsie

Texans are losing by a fair margin.

What's new?

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I wish it was implemented better.
    4 teams just isn't enough. An ideal system would be to have 1 team from each conference and a few "at large" bids thrown in.

Yeah I agree. I would like to see more than just four teams, but it will have to do for the time being I guess. Hopefully the playoffs expand eventually.

1693 1038 1902

Texans lose again. Heading for that first pick.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW. View Post
    Texans lose again. Heading for that first pick.

Any team that loses twice to the jacksonville jag-offs in 4 weeks deserves not to make the playoffs.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Thanks. I honestly had no idea and I obviously needed to be reminded that my team sucks.

Anyways, Gary Kubiak was fired. Now we might have a shot at 3-13 or 4-12 if we're really lucky.

I was expecting Kubiak having to retire for medical reasons. He had a leave of absence earlier in the year.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Thanks. I honestly had no idea and I obviously needed to be reminded that my team sucks.

Anyways, Gary Kubiak was fired. Now we might have a shot at 3-13 or 4-12 if we're really lucky.

I'm personally surprised that he got fired. Yes, the team does have a horrid record (currently on pace to match kansas city's from last season), but can you really blame him? Schaub's been one of the most inaccurate quarterbacks of this season, many of the running games in general are underperforming this season (looking at you, washington), and the defense which was once considered top-10 in the nfl has surrendered, correct me if I'm wrong, 20 points or more in all but one game this season? Houston had ample opportunity to win a division consisting of indianapolis (a bad team that somehow has a winning record), tennesee (a .500 team that lacks their franchise qb), and jacksonville (I could go on a rant, calling them the "jacksonville jag-offs", but I'll save that for later). Instead, their offense AND defense crapped the bed and rather than blame the players the management found it simpler to fire a guy two weeks after he suffered a major heart attack. Way to go guys, that'll get you into the playoffs.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

I really didn't get all that excited when Kubes was fired, I felt kinda bad for the guy. Sure, he's not doing all that great, but the guy just had a stroke.

The defense allowed only two games to be under twenty points, against KC and Jacksonville, two teams not all that hot on offense. Schaub was just horrid at the start, and Keenum hasn't been all that good of late. Andre Johnson is seriously having his talent wasted on this team, and while I wish it wouldn't happen, if we don't start winning soon, he'll play to the end of the contract and then he'll just leave, flat out.

The running game this season is not the one the Texans are known for, however, that can be credited due to Arian's injury and Ben's injury, as well.

Well everyone favorite BCS buster got exposed big time tonight by Bowling Green

Boise State headcoach Chris Peterson is leaving Boise State to go coach Washington. I just read a article about the move.

1693 1038 1902

The Texans are thinking about David Shaw as head coach.

The Texans are thinking about David Shaw as head coach.
    I guess he's trying to join the "Successful transition from (PAC-10/12) college football coach to NFL coach" club.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Which might actually work for once. Shaw's a really good coach, and Stanford was basically a near mirror of the Texans a year ago: Good offense, Great defense.

Looks like Auburn and Missouri said "**** DEFENSE"

Could also be that both offenses are having a really hot night.

and Auburn puts up nearly 60 points on a pretty good defense. They have beaten #1 and #5 back to back. 4 wins over ranked teams. To OSU's one, maybe two.

Get it right BCS. Auburn. Title game.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 8th December 2013 at 2:09 AM.

I'm...having a really tough time watching this Pac-12 game. On one hand, I love Stanford, and on the other, my dad went to ASU and loves ASU, so I do too. Stanford's winning, so yay.

:/

I'm a Michigan State fan for today only.

Go MSU!

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'm a Michigan State fan for today only.

Go MSU!
    Same. they need to win tonight and leave no doubt for the flawed BCS.

Page 205 of 260 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255 ... LastLast