Page 207 of 264 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

  1. #5151
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Msu saved Ohio from embarrassment once again on the Big stage.
    Correction - this WAS the big stage
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  2. #5152
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Correction - this WAS the big stage
    Big stage as in "National Title game" is what I meant....Lol

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  3. #5153
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Because I want the SEC streak to end. 3 of the SEC's titles in the streak have come at the expense of my favorite teams, including last year.
    Are you a bandwagoner or what? At the expense of your 3 favorite teams? Who are your 3 favorite teams?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  4. #5154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Because I want the SEC streak to end. 3 of the SEC's titles in the streak have come at the expense of my favorite teams, including last year.
    A sports reason is not a very good reason too root for a rapist. just sayin....priorities bud

    and ebeaven he is as bandwagon as it gets. to my count, he is a packers fan (wants McCarthy fired right now) Yankees fan, Ohio state fan....that doesn't cover 3 teams though. Maybe some other back up teams when one of his choices goes down?

    PS: The "Big Stage" is NOT the big 10 championship.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 8th December 2013 at 6:21 AM.

  5. #5155
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Are you a bandwagoner or what? At the expense of your 3 favorite teams? Who are your 3 favorite teams?
    Actually, my top 2 teams are OSU and ND. OSU lost the first two in the SEC streak, and you know what happened to ND last year.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  6. #5156
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Ok.

    But having 2 favorite teams in college football is just... ugh. I guess you could say you have a favorite then you like to "pull for" other teams.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  7. #5157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Actually, my top 2 teams are OSU and ND. OSU lost the first two in the SEC streak, and you know what happened to ND last year.
    so there we go. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Packers, Yankees. LOL

  8. #5158
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    so there we go. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Packers, Yankees. LOL
    It must be nice having a team every year that could possibly win a championship. Only 1 of my favorite sports teams has even played for a championship since the Cowboys last Super Bowl.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  9. #5159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    It must be nice having a team every year that could possibly win a championship. Only 1 of my favorite sports teams has even played for a championship since the Cowboys last Super Bowl.
    I know right? Pick all the easy teams root for and you have a better chance at at least one of them winning.

    bet none of them are even his home team

  10. #5160
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    But having 2 favorite teams in college football is just... ugh. I guess you could say you have a favorite then you like to "pull for" other teams.
    Nothing wrong with rooting for two teams, unless both teams happen to suck at the same time. Way I see it, Michigan is mediocre at best, and MSU is a good team. So, I'm much happier than I would be if I just rooted for Michigan.
    But I have other reasons for rooting for both, kind of the opposite of why Pikachu Fan rejects the Cleveland teams.

    And anyway, I have no reason to pick one team over the other. I didn't graduate from either school. Neither did my parents. I don't live in either city. Why should I have to pick one over the other?

    Don't care who wins the BCS championship. I'm just going to watch the Rose Bowl and whatever crappy bowl game Michigan ends up (Gator Bowl vs. Georgia, most likely).

    so there we go. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Packers, Yankees. LOL
    Something I've been wondering for awhile. Urban Meyer was successful at Florida, right? Why not root for him to do well in OSU? Is it just because you don't like OSU or what?

  11. #5161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Something I've been wondering for awhile. Urban Meyer was successful at Florida, right? Why not root for him to do well in OSU? Is it just because you don't like OSU or what?
    I am grateful for what he did here. I am not cool with how he left the program in a state of chaos and immediately took up another coaching job. So its twofold, I dislike OSU, and meyer for how he left.

  12. #5162
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Pikachu Fan rejects the Cleveland teams.
    Not necessarily, they're just not my #1 teams in their respective sports.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  13. #5163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Not necessarily, they're just not my #1 teams in their respective sports.
    and they aren't close to winning a championship amiright?

  14. #5164
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    I am grateful for what he did here. I am not cool with how he left the program in a state of chaos and immediately took up another coaching job. So its twofold, I dislike OSU, and meyer for how he left.
    I know this guy that lives in Florida and he hates FSU and Urban Meyer (because of the same thing you said), so he would've been PISSED if Ohio State would've won tonight.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  15. #5165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I know this guy that lives in Florida and he hates FSU and Urban Meyer (because of the same thing you said), so he would've been PISSED if Ohio State would've won tonight.
    You sure it wasn't me?

  16. #5166
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    You sure it wasn't me?
    If you're a 50-something year old Air Force veteran living near Orlando then probably yes. :P
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  17. #5167
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Not necessarily, they're just not my #1 teams in their respective sports.
    Didn't you say you wished Cleveland would get rid of their sports teams and become like Las Vegas or something?

    Because I believe in the opposite with Detroit.

  18. #5168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    If you're a 50-something year old Air Force veteran living near Orlando then probably yes. :P
    haha, nope. only 24. I like how he thinks though

  19. #5169
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    One thing is for sure. I feel really bad for the Sugar Bowl. They wanted so much to have the actual SEC champion this year instead of a runner up like they had to host 6 out of the last seven years, and MSU ruined that for them. I wouldn't be surprised if many Sugar Bowl employees resigned out of protest.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  20. #5170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if many Sugar Bowl employees resigned out of protest.
    You really believe this???? Wow. Give me a break. People are going to QUIT THEIR JOBS because a sports team won and played for the championship instead of a bowl. You've got to be kidding.

  21. #5171
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,042

    Default

    This thread is very entertaining right now but it's midnight and I've had a busy day. Going to bed. Will continue the fun an exciting conversation tomorrow!
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  22. #5172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    This thread is very entertaining right now but it's midnight and I've had a busy day. Going to bed. Will continue the fun an exciting conversation tomorrow!
    Same here. Will be very sweet dreams tonight

  23. #5173
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The Enchanted Forest
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    You really believe this???? Wow. Give me a break. People are going to QUIT THEIR JOBS because a sports team won and played for the championship instead of a bowl. You've got to be kidding.
    Comments like that are why I de-friended you.

    And Golden Latias, yes I did say I wanted Cleveland to rid themselves of their sports teams, doesn't mean I don't like them.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

  24. #5174
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Starling City
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Lions vs Eagles later. Should be interesting. Let's see if Nick Foles will throw his 1st interception of the season....

    I'll give Foles credit were it's due though, he has come in and really lifted this Eagles team. Just imagine if the Eagles started Foles at the start of the season.

    My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

  25. #5175
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,583

    Default

    ^ I said it before, and I'll say it again. Streaks don't last forever. Foles isn't going to continue never having interceptions. Not saying it'll happen against the Lions, though.

    I actually think Philly wins, but the Lions win out after that. 10-6 will win the division.

    Pikachu Fan: When I say "reject," I didn't mean you don't like them, just that you don't root for them. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that point.

Page 207 of 264 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •