Page 209 of 260 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 6476

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

If the Lions make the playoffs keep the current staff, but if the Lions blow it they could fire the current staff, BUT finding a coach that's worth a crap (as you said Golden Latias) will be hard. I don't know...The Lions might just have to settle with Schwartz regardless.

Honestly, if the Lions make the playoffs this season, and can do the same next season that would be great. It would show that the Lions are taking steps forward in the right direction. If the Lions make the playoffs this season, and miss the playoffs next season that's taking a step back IMO.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 8th December 2013 at 10:48 PM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Well the Browns are proving why they aren't my primary NFL team.
    Because they don't win enough for you?

always nice to have a couple of back ups to bandwagon with

The Packers won today fire McCarthy!

EDIT: I'm being sarcastic btw if nobody could tell

1693 1038 1902

Hopefully after the season Chud will be fired and we'll make a push towards hiring Jim Tressell as our coach. That's what we should have done in the first place. At least our chances of getting Johnny Manziel should he enter the draft are getting better.

(to above post)
    The Packers may have won but there are still 3 games left. We'll see how things go in the next three weeks.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Argh, I couldn't watch the Eagles game so I had to settle for watching the Redskins get blown out.

Oh well, checking the score just made the rest of my day. These past few months I've been kind of on the fence about the Eagles, waiting to see if they could win the big, important games. Between last week and this one, they've proven that they can. With the Cowboys matching the Eagles' record (assuming they win on Monday, that is) in addition to having the tiebreaker advantage, these December games are really all must-win.

From what I'm hearing, though, it doesn't sound like Foles had that great a game. It seems like it was McCoy and the running game in general, plus a Lions collapse, that was more responsible for the win. If that's true, he should do better next week. The Vikings are currently 3-9-1 and Philly actually has a chance at the playoffs provided they're able to keep the momentum going, so there's really no reason for them to be losing next week.

Now I just need for the Bears to beat Dallas tomorrow...
    Last edited by charizardfan; 8th December 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Hopefully after the season Chud will be fired and we'll make a push towards hiring Jim Tressell as our coach. That's what we should have done in the first place. At least our chances of getting Johnny Manziel should he enter the draft are getting better.
    bad seasons are always on the coach.

This is your logic right?

Pretty short sighted. I still can't believe you want McCarthy fired because of Green Bay's first bad season in a LONG time. A season where they lost Aaron Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    The Packers won today fire McCarthy!

EDIT: I'm being sarcastic btw if nobody could tell
    I like your sarcasm.

And the Patriots salvaged a win after a terrible showing in the first 58 minutes of the game. Impressively not impressive

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

That's the logic of a lot of Lions fans from last year, from what I've seen. Heck, everything the Lions do wrong is Schwartz's fault, it seems.

But when they do something right, it's the players, and Schwartz had nothing to do with it.

The Titans are up on the Broncos right now 14-10. I'm also looking forward to the Panthers vs. Saints tonight.

1693 1038 1902

And I'll be cheering for the Saints to win that one. If the Lions win the North, that means they'll be playing the 5th ranked team instead of the 6th ranked one. And I'd rather not play the Panthers, home field advantage or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    That's the logic of a lot of Lions fans from last year, from what I've seen. Heck, everything the Lions do wrong is Schwartz's fault, it seems.

But when they do something right, it's the players, and Schwartz had nothing to do with it.

While many Lion fans do blame Schwartz for everything, I never once said everything is Schwartz fault. Btw, I know your not accusing me, i'm just clarifying making sure you know that I don't think everything is Schwartz's fault. I may come off like that in my posts, but I know for a fact Schwartz isn't to blame for everything. If Stafford throws a INT that's Matts fault. The defense giving up 200 rushing yards to McCoy today is the defenses fault. The Lions fumbling the ball 6 times in the first 18 minutes isn't Schwartz fault.

Game planning is all on the coaching staff, and it's the players job to execute the plays. If the Lions do something right both parties (coaches, and players) should be credited. Give the coach credit for calling a great play, and give the players credit for executing the play well.

EDIT: Titans up 21-10 on the Broncos after a 28 yard touchdown run by Shonn Greene
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 8th December 2013 at 11:24 PM.

1693 1038 1902

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the fans on my Lions blog lol. They seem to think you can coach the bad luck and interceptions and penalties out of players, and since Jim Schwartz hasn't done that, even the interceptions and penalties are, by extension, his fault. They never give him credit for anything, even if he does do something right, and seem to think having Jon Gruden or Tony Dungy replace him is completely realistic, because the media totally LOVES Staff and Megatron and would love to coach them.

/vomit

^ I figured as so. I'm not surprised that you have to deal with those kind of Lion fans. I'm still laughing at one of my friends. Anytime the Lions lose he posts on Facebook that he will stop watching the Lions, but here he is every Sunday on Facebook complaining about Schwartz, and the Lions.

Honestly, it's like, if you are so upset with this team then quit watching them for good....I've told him that many times.

I know I get frustrated over Lions football, but at the end of the day i'll always watch them.

#Lions forever

1693 1038 1902

He might as well just cheer for the Ravens, Giants, and Minny to beat them so Schwartz gets fired. Just like all these idiots on my blog. In my opinion, anyone who does that isn't a real fan.
    Honestly, I don't have to deal with them. I just like the blog for news and more detailed analyses lol.

On another note, Denver's FG kicker kicked an NFL record. Wow.

I'm real jealous of Denver's PK. He made it from 64 when Cundiff couldn't from 58. And it seems like the Titans defense is making no attempt to hurt Peyton.
    -----

49ers up on the Seahawks 16 - 14, Second Half just started & the defenses have been rock solid.

Jets win a game, and don't look terrible doing it. It's too bad their season ended last week against the Dolphins. If this team can just give me an 8-8 season, with Geno and the defense looking good, I'll take it.

Seahawks couldn't clinch this week, losing to SF, 19 - 17.

So the Suck-aneers won today. They still have to face the 49ers and Saints. They won't win those games that's for sure.
    -----

delete. double posted my post for some reason

So the Suck-aneers won today. They still have to face the 49ers and Saints. They won't win those games that's for sure.
    I think its just hilarious that you are ragging on a 4-9 team just because of me. Rather flattering that I mean that much to you really. Do you honestly think its going to hurt my feelings or something?

I would put you on ignore because you really bring no logic whatsoever with your posts, but you've been great entertainment lately
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 9th December 2013 at 3:01 AM.

BOWL GAMES have been announced.

BCSNCG: FSU-Auburn
    Orange: Clemson vs. Ohio State (since Ohio State is playing a real team they should lose that one as well)
    Sugar: Alabama vs. Oklahoma (my god this is going to be a slaughter)
    Fiesta: Baylor vs. UCF (LOL)
    Rose Bowl: Michigan State vs. Stanford
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    BOWL GAMES have been announced.

BCSNCG: FSU-Auburn
    Orange: Clemson vs. Ohio State (since Ohio State is playing a real team they should lose that one as well)
    Sugar: Alabama vs. Oklahoma (my god this is going to be a slaughter)
    Fiesta: Baylor vs. UCF (LOL)
    Rose Bowl: Michigan State vs. Stanford
    I think OSU will lose that because they will come into the game on a let down from crapping away a shot at the title game. I would not be surprised to see Bama lose either for that same reason

Oh, good god. UCF is gonna get crushed. Oklahoma will be slaughtered. OSU's probably gonna lose this, and I'm leaning to FSU for the BCS.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW. View Post
    Oh, good god. UCF is gonna get crushed. Oklahoma will be slaughtered. OSU's probably gonna lose this, and I'm leaning to FSU for the BCS.
    I think Auburn is going to run FSU's defense into the ground. FSU was praying for Ohio State.

Page 209 of 260 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast