Page 210 of 265 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 6611

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    So the Suck-aneers won today. They still have to face the 49ers and Saints. They won't win those games that's for sure.
    Any given Sunday.

Also, these bowl games suck. Still watching the Rose Bowl and whatever Michigan's in, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Any given Sunday.

Also, these bowl games suck. Still watching the Rose Bowl and whatever Michigan's in, though.
    He doesn't even really care about the bucs losing. just that he thinks it will somehow hurt my feelings.
    Alright, enough of the peanut gallery, on to something real.

Something else I have been thinking about is Auburn ran for over 300 yards against a Saban defense. FSU is going to have major issues stopping that run game

Close game in New Orleans right now.

Speaking of New Orleans, Tulane accepted an invite to the New Orleans Bowl which will be played in their home stadium, although it won't be their home stadium anymore after this season.

Other teams practically playing an extra home game for bowl season include Texas, going to their second straight Alamo Bowl, North Texas, playing in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, and Rutgers, playing in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Back to the NFL, I have faith that the Panthers can pull one out over the Saints. They are my pick to win the NFC South for a reason - Cam Newton is getting better, plus it's their turn (ATL, NO, and TB have 3 NFC South titles each, CAR only 2)
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I imagine that the Florida State Seminoles would be the champions this season, they are much better offensively.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Amethyst View Post
    I imagine that the Florida State Seminoles would be the champions this season, they are much better offensively.
    Not really. Malhzan is one of the best offensive minds in the sport today. Auburn is much better in another area, running the football as I already said. Everyone is all enamored with FSU breezing through the ACC this year. want to know what that schedule amounted to? #61st ranked schedule in the nation. That is not much better than OSU's pitiful schedule.

Again, Auburn ran for 300+ yards on Bama, and almost 500 on the #2 defense in the SEC (Mizzou). FSU will get its points, but Auburn is going to run FSU into the ground in the end. Auburn has also played a MUCH tougher schedule than FSU, so they are battle tested.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 9th December 2013 at 3:52 AM.

Unfortunately, my Seattle Seahawks lost their rematch against the San Franciso 49ers today. A mere two-point margin which ended 49ers: 19, Seahawks: 17.

Right after they kicked the stuffing out of the New Orleans Saints, too.

However, next week my Seattle Seahawks face the New York Giants, and seeing as the Giants have a 5-8 record (compared to my Seahawks 11-2 record) and that they lost today to the San Diego Chargers of all teams, hopefully that will be a good sign of possible make-up next Sunday.
    Last edited by jaybird; 9th December 2013 at 4:09 AM.
    "That man won't quit as long as he can still draw breath, none of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control for even a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and to show you how powerful I really am."

Well, Mike Tomlin got a bit more of a "reward" after he intentionally tried to trip up a baltimore punt-returner last week. Steelers punt returner was 1 foot (not measurement, actual foot) off of winning the game.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

NFL Karma at its finest.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Number nine you might want to just stop making predictions. "Looking Better" Cam with 89 yards in the 4th qtr.

Oh and someone doesn't win the division because "it's their turn"
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 9th December 2013 at 5:17 AM.

Carolina is getting beat up by the Saints right now 31-13. With the time that's remaining I don't think Carolina can pull a comeback. As far as bowl games go I saw that Michigans gonna play Kansas State in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl. Some of my MSU buddies on Facebook were making fun of Michigan going to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl....Then I told them "remember when MSU was in that bowl game last season"

Once I said that they all shut up. MSU loses a lot of their defense after this season, and I don't think Narduzzi will be there forever. MSU won't be as good next season. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they will be terrible, but they won't be going to the Rose Bowl. They lose too much on defense. If MSU's defense wasn't good this season they wouldn't of won the Big 10. That defense was so dang good it helped them in every game this season.

The MSU offense wasn't spectacular but they did enough to make it to the Rose Bowl and win the Big 10, but it was the defense that was really the backbone of this MSU team.

I remember the 1997 Michigan Wolverines were the same way. The offense was pretty vanilla, but the defense was stellar. That Michigan team won the National Championship though lol.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 9th December 2013 at 5:23 AM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    That defense was so dang good it helped them in every game this season.

I don't think it should be any kind of knock on MSU. remember UF's offense in 2006 wasn't so good and they won it based on defense

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    I don't think it should be any kind of knock on MSU. remember UF's offense in 2006 wasn't so good and they won it based on defense
    Yeah it's most definitely not a knock. Defense wins championships. I remember that UF team, I was cheering for them in that game! They busted the Bucknuts i'll never forget that game. I rememember when Ted Ginn Jr scored on the opening kick off, then after that UF was all over Ohio.

Michigans 1997 national title season was the same way as well. The defense was stellar, the offense was pretty vanilla. It really helped having a guy named Charles Woodson as well lol. That Michigan defense was insanely good.

1693 1038 1902

Yeah it's most definitely not a knock. Defense wins championships. I remember that UF team, I was cheering for them in that game! They busted the Bucknuts i'll never forget that game. I rememember when Ted Ginn Jr scored on the opening kick off, then after that UF was all over Ohio.

Michigans 1997 national title season was the same way as well. The defense was stellar, the offense was pretty vanilla. It really helped having a guy named Charles Woodson as well lol. That Michigan defense was insanely good.
    what I remember just as much as the game was everyone poo pooing UF before that game talking about how Michigan deserved a rematch and UF had no business on the same field as OSU. The months leading up to that game taught me to pretty much ignore hype machines when they go into overdrive....much like FSU will have this year.

Michigan shared the 1997 title with Nebraska (who is also now in the Big Ten) in case you didn't know. The Huskers are the last non-SEC team to beat an SEC team in a national title game. That was the last season before the BCS came.

Now that the playoff is coming next year, starting next year the highest-ranked mid-major conference champion will go to one of the "access bowls" that make up the playoff system - these conferences being the American, MAC, MW, Sun Belt, and C-USA.

I want your honest opinion - which is the better conference from next year forward - the American, which used to be the Big East, or the MW?
    -----

Nebraska (who is also now in the Big Ten) in case you didn't know.
    NO WAY. We never saw the media blaring it 24-7 during the conference realignments.

what I remember just as much as the game was everyone poo pooing UF before that game talking about how Michigan deserved a rematch and UF had no business on the same field as OSU. The months leading up to that game taught me to pretty much ignore hype machines when they go into overdrive....much like FSU will have this year.
    I'm gonna clear the air lol. While other Michigan fans were whining and crying I was not one of them. I know your not saying I was, i'm just saying...I wasn't one of the cry babies haha.

The way I see it, Michigan lost to Ohio that season....They didn't deserve a rematch. Florida won the SEC so they deserved to be in the title game.

Michigan shared the 1997 title with Nebraska (who is also now in the Big Ten) in case you didn't know. The Huskers are the last non-SEC team to beat an SEC team in a national title game. That was the last season before the BCS came.

Now that the playoff is coming next year, starting next year the highest-ranked mid-major conference champion will go to one of the "access bowls" that make up the playoff system - these conferences being the American, MAC, MW, Sun Belt, and C-USA.

I want your honest opinion - which is the better conference from next year forward - the American, which used to be the Big East, or the MW?
    I know Michigan shared the title with Nebraska. That still pisses me off to this day! I was very young back then, but I remember bits and pieces of that season while I was young. Michigan should've just played Nebraska for all the marbles now that I look back at it. Michigans defense would've held their own against Nebraskas option offense. It would've been a good game IMO. The way I see it, Michigan finished #1 in the main poll. I could careless about the coaches poll and what the coaches think lol. Nebraska spanked a great Tennessee team that season i'll defiently give them props on that, but they wouldn't of spanked Michigan. People also knock on Washington State. Sure, Tennessee is a better team than Washington State, but Washington State is no slouch either. At the time Ryan Leaf was a beast of a college quarterback. Nowadays we laugh at the name Ryan Leaf because he is one of the biggest busts in the NFL IF NOT the biggest bust of all time.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 9th December 2013 at 5:50 AM.

1693 1038 1902

I'm gonna clear the air lol. While other Michigan fans were whining and crying I was not one of them. I know your not saying I was, i'm just saying...I wasn't one of the cry babies haha.

The way I see it, Michigan lost to Ohio that season....They didn't deserve a rematch. Florida won the SEC so they deserved to be in the title game.
    One of the best parts was watching Herby completely forget professional journalism and pretty much root for his alma mater leading up to the game

One of the best parts was watching Herby completely forget professional journalism and pretty much root for his alma mater leading up to the game

Yup that's Kirk Herbstreit for ya.

Lou Holtz is actually worse I think! Lou predicts Notre Dame to win the national championship every season.....

1693 1038 1902

An interesting fact about this year's SEC title game: Missouri is in the East despite several other West Division schools being located further east. That set up actually makes my stomach queasy, so the SEC should add two more Eastern Time Zone schools to remedy this. I heard NC State and Virginia Tech being tossed around for potential SEC expansion. It would have to wait until after the ACC's grant of rights expires.

Of course, the ACC could soon expand to 16 for football, by adding Cincy and UConn, which would allow a clean geographic divisional split for football (8 schools north of NC, 8 south of VA). Cincy is actually playing an ACC school in a bowl game this year - UNC in the Belk Bowl.

EDIT: Speaking of Lou Holtz, I wish he never left ND, we'd probably have 3-5 more national titles if that were the case.
    -----

Speaking of Lou Holtz, I wish he never left ND, we'd probably have 3-5 more national titles if that were the case.
    Thats right, I forgot you are a notre dame fan too. I have trouble keeping up with all your bandwagons.

PS: you are wrong here.

I don't hate Lou Holtz so don't take it the wrong way....but he's just too bias lol. He was a good coach, but he needs to stop being so bias in the media. This goes out to Desmond Howard, and any other Michigan alums that are college football analysts as well! Stay non bias folks. For the most part Desmond seems pretty non bias actually.

1693 1038 1902

I don't hate Lou Holtz so don't take it the wrong way....but he's just too bias lol. He was a good coach, but he needs to stop being so bias in the media. This goes out to Desmond Howard, and any other Michigan alums that are college football analysts as well! Stay non bias folks. For the most part Desmond seems pretty non bias actually.
    Desmond is on FSU's jock every year <_< remember "EJ Manuel for Heisman" last year? I don't hate any of the talking heads, just have to know when they are probably going to let their bias show and take those parts with a grain of salt.

Desmond is on FSU's jock every year <_< remember "EJ Manuel for Heisman" last year? I don't hate any of the talking heads, just have to know when they are probably going to let their bias show and take those parts with a grain of salt.
    Yeah I remember that. There's a lot of people on FSU's jockstrap every year especially this season. If FSU actually played a better schedule i'd be impressed. I honestly don't care who wins the title game this season. Auburn has played better teams all season, Auburn has beaten better teams than FSU in my opinion. I think it should be a good game but i'll honestly take Auburn even though I don't care who wins lol.

And before anyone calls me a "undercover SEC fan" i'm just gonna say that's all a load of BS. I'm a realist when it comes to sports predictions. I try to be non bias believe it or not. I don't care for the SEC, and i'm definitely not a fan of any SEC schools. Just because I think Auburn will win though, doesn't mean i'm a fan of Auburn or the SEC. I've already had a few Big 10 fans call me a SEC fan. I just think Auburn is the better squad.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 9th December 2013 at 6:06 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Chip kelly probably deserves coach of the year right now. Yea, the chiefs have two more wins and won head to head, but they also had 6 pro bowlers from last year and the number one pick. The eagles overall had much more to overcome as a team, and chip has really out coached most this season after the first few games.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Chip kelly probably deserves coach of the year right now. Yea, the chiefs have two more wins and won head to head, but they also had 6 pro bowlers from last year and the number one pick. The eagles overall had much more to overcome as a team, and chip has really out coached most this season after the first few games.
    Didn't the chiefs nearly go winless last year though? Tough choice between ried and kelly

Page 210 of 265 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260 ... LastLast