Page 213 of 260 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 6492

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Apparently Lovie Smith is the new front-runner for the vacant Texans coaching position, which has me pretty damn excited. Yes, the texans are literally the worst team in the league right now (they have two less wins than the jag-offs right now), but considering the fact that he basically made the bears' problems unnoticed when he was there, you have to think he'll be able to do the same with a team who is basically the 2008 bears (minus a decent quarterback). At the very least, this'll give us two reasons to get excited for texas football, the other of course being the successes and failures of quarterback-impersonator and supercuts client Tony Romo.
    ~Currently own: X and Y (4597-0364-2569), current 6th gen OU record: 199W/44L/6D-, UU record: 31W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, RU supporter, and steam enthusiast.

Right, to move away from Detroit, since they're such a huge dumpster fire and all and forever will be until the team gets sold...

Apparently, Winston's winning the Heisman, Jay Cutler's starting (thank you Bears ), and there's much ado about nothing regarding RGIII getting benched.

Yeah, it does look like Winston is most likely gonna win the "offensive mvp trophy"

Oooops, I meant to say Heisman trophy....

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Yeah, it does look like Winston is most likely gonna win the "offensive mvp trophy"

Oooops, I meant to say Heisman trophy....
    He has bigger issues. Anyone catch the victim's statements today? this case is about to pick up again, and get messier

well San Diego won last night

Kansas City still has a shot at winning the AFC West
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Lugia's Chosen View Post
    He has bigger issues. Anyone catch the victim's statements today? this case is about to pick up again, and get messier
    I haven't heard anything, but if it picks back up again I won't be surprised. I'm guessing if Winston don't win the offensive mvp trophy (Heisman) because of all this, Johnny Football will....Yawn.

But yeah, Winston has bigger issues to worry about by the sounds of it.

1693 1038 1902

you know what would be really nice? If it snowed during the Orange Bowl. OSU is used to playing in snowy weather, Clemson is not.

I'm watching an FCS playoff game where it is snowing heavily. Snow is a welcome part of football up here in the North. The Packers do particularly well when the white stuff comes down.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    you know what would be really nice? If it snowed during the Orange Bowl. OSU is used to playing in snowy weather, Clemson is not.

I'm watching an FCS playoff game where it is snowing heavily. Snow is a welcome part of football up here in the North. The Packers do particularly well when the white stuff comes down.
    When I went to the Michigan/Nebraska game this season I didn't have one problem sitting in the cold. That's football weather up here. I actually enjoy colder weather when it comes to football, and snow makes the game more interesting I think.

1693 1038 1902

Well it's official. The Alamo Bowl will be Mack Brown's final game as Texas head coach. Due to the proximity of the UT campus to San Antonio, I expect that everyone involved with the staging of the game will treat this as another home game for Texas. A really nice way to go out, by winning one for your fans in San Antonio.

If Urban Meyer ever retires, I'd like to see him go out as the coach of the national champions, with Ohio State winning the championship and the game being played at First Energy Stadium in Cleveland, in front of many OSU fans.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 15th December 2013 at 1:55 AM.
    -----

If Urban Meyer ever retires, I'd like to see him go out as the coach of the national champions, with Ohio State winning the championship and the game being played at First Energy Stadium in Cleveland, in front of many OSU fans.
    excuse me while I try to stop laughing.

This year was OSU's best change for a long time to come. With the new playoffs there will be no more backing into the title game because of a pathetic schedule....and we all saw what happened when they had to play a real team this year.

Sucks don't it bandwagoner

Ohio State's gonna start playing tougher non-conference schedules in the coming years. They'll no longer play any FCS teams, or any MAC teams after a few more years. Trust me on this one. Not to mention the Big Ten is going to a nine-game conference schedule, which means one fewer non-conference game. By the turn of the decade, OSU will rarely play non-power conference teams.
    -----

Ohio State's gonna start playing tougher non-conference schedules in the coming years. They'll no longer play any FCS teams, or any MAC teams after a few more years. Trust me on this one. Not to mention the Big Ten is going to a nine-game conference schedule, which means one fewer non-conference game. By the turn of the decade, OSU will rarely play non-power conference teams.
    So they'll be playing an extra Big-10 cupcake team per season.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Oh the Big Ten will get better too.
    -----

osu pulled a good ol' Ohio choke against Michigan st
    Gotta love Honey Senpai

Oh the Big Ten will get better too.
    you hope. The Little 10 has been a joke of an overhyped conference for a while now (joke started by OSU in 2006)You picked the wrong bandwagon. Honestly I'm kind of surprised you didn't become a florida fan that night with how fair-weathered you are. haha

and I don't think you want them not playing cupcakes. Remember what happened when they finally played a real team this year? I believe the last image I saw of that game was a depressed looking Meyer eating Pizza in the hallway. I don't think meyer could take the stress of playing a tougher schedule. he already ran from it once.

for your viewing pleasure: https://twitter.com/DaPatBrennan/sta...691392/photo/1
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 15th December 2013 at 3:07 AM.

and I don't think you want them not playing cupcakes. Remember what happened when they finally played a real team this year? I believe the last image I saw of that game was a depressed looking Meyer eating Pizza in the hallway.
    It's just one game. Ohio State will learn from their mistakes.

Now it's time to start talking about who will replace Mack Brown.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 15th December 2013 at 3:09 AM.
    -----

It's just one game. Ohio State will learn from their mistakes.
    Yep, just one game that RUINED THEIR CHANCES AT A TITLE. Hahaha. they sure haven't learned much from their other big game chokes.
    OSU should be grateful that they aren't playing FSU or Auburn. They would have gotten embarrassed. Bama, Auburn, FSU, heck most of the top 10 is a better team than Ohio State this season.
    Delusion sure didn't take long to set in did it? This is what I love about OSU fans, especially bandwagon OSU fans.

One thing is for sure, the Rays are no longer the only TB area team to have a real rivalry with a Boston team, thanks to NHL realignment (props to Bettman for trying to cash in on the MLB rivalry), but that's for another thread, the NHL thread that I will start in a second.

Back to football.

Jameis Winston won the Heisman. He better not let me down on 1/6.

Ed Orgeron would be a nice fit for the Texas HC position. If he could do good at USC I'm sure Texas can contend under him.
    -----

Jameis Winston won the Heisman. He better not let me down on 1/6.

Ed Orgeron would be a nice fit for the Texas HC position. If he could do good at USC I'm sure Texas can contend under him.
    Or what, you going to go on another whiny tirade like you did when OSU lost?

cheering for a guy that got away with rape because you don't like the sec. Thats pretty low. You take sports WAY too seriously.

I loved how some of the winners behind him weren't even clapping. They know the kid is slime. That trophy was soiled tonight.

Here is some more on the dirtbag you are cheering for: For weeks it has been rumored that Jameis Winston engaged in group sex with male teammates and others. FSU DE Chris Casher's statement to law enforcement which was released yesterday as part of the TPD investigation files supports the claims.
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 15th December 2013 at 3:28 AM.

Or what, you going to go on another whiny tirade like you did when OSU lost?
    I ought to be ashamed of myself for that. I'm done being childish. I'm a grown man and I need to start acting like it.

Also, I don't like rooting for a rapist any more than you do. I just want a non-SEC team to win for once. This will be the only time I root for Winston.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 15th December 2013 at 3:43 AM.
    -----

I ought to be ashamed of myself for that. I'm done being childish. I'm a grown man and I need to start acting like it.

Also, I don't like rooting for a rapist any more than you do. I just want a non-SEC team to win for once. This will be the only time I root for Winston.
    first part, props to you, about time.

second part, you still have more to learn. Sports is never a reason to cheer for someone like winston. I'd suggest just ignoring this year's championship if it is going to make you cheer for a rapist.

I respect Mack Brown for who he is. He was a great coach at Texas. I so badly want to be at that Alamo Bowl. I'm a fan of neither team, so I'd be a neutral observer. So this year's Alamo Bowl theme should be "Farewell to Mack Brown", especially given the home field advantage Texas will have. I have a feeling Longhorn Network will devote an entire day's worth of programming on the day of the Alamo Bowl to Brown. LHN broadcast last year's Alamo Bowl so I think they'll do it again this year, and end the broadcast with fans saying goodbye to Brown.
    -----

Here is some more on the dirtbag you are cheering for: For weeks it has been rumored that Jameis Winston engaged in group sex with male teammates and others. FSU DE Chris Casher's statement to law enforcement which was released yesterday as part of the TPD investigation files supports the claims.
    I usually completely ignore it when you guys are making this thread toxically inhospitable with your childish back-and-forth name-calling and petulant fighting over who cheers for what college football teams/conferences, but I saw this and had to respond.

I haven't been following the Winston trial enough to make an educated opinion, but from what I HAVE seen, it does seem likely he is at least somewhat guilty. So I am not trending at all in the direction of supporting Winston whatsoever because he's likely a violent criminal...

But what does it matter if he has consensual group sex with male teammates? That's not a crime. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are accusing him of.
    Last edited by Sid87; 15th December 2013 at 4:02 AM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    But what does it matter if he has consensual group sex with male teammates?
    Not going to touch that out of the debate forum. I have my reasons for thinking orgies are wrong, but I'll leave it at that

Well, I just thought of a good way for ESPN to conclude its broadcast of the Alamo Bowl. If Texas wins, ESPN should show a montage of some of the greatest moments of the Mack Brown era at Texas, set to "Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue. Such a montage would be too beautiful for words.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 15th December 2013 at 4:11 AM.
    -----

Page 213 of 260 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast