Page 219 of 264 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    God I can't wait for this season to be over. That interception pretty much ends Green Bay's chances. Good luck finding a new job in this economy McCarthy.
    They nearly made the playoffs WITHOUT aaron rodgers and you are still on about wanting McCarthy fired. Lets just humor your insanity for a moment and say they do fire him....some team would pick him up within a week

Well the Packers are back in it. Maybe I was too hasty.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Well the Packers are back in it. Maybe I was too hasty.
    Ya think? Lets just say i wish some of your other bandwagons such as OSU and the Yankees ran their programs in your style of unthinking knee jerk reactions. I'd never have to here about them winning anything again
    Last edited by Lugia's Chosen; 23rd December 2013 at 1:27 AM.

well Flynn just fumbled our playoff chances away, it's time to start thinking draft and new coach now
    -----

well Flynn just fumbled our playoff chances away, it's time to start thinking draft and new coach now
    You just never learn do you?

^ And again, we'll gladly take McCarthy off your hands, since you hate him so much.

Don't worry, Detroit lost, too. Good. Now Jim Schwartz and his clown posse can get out of our city, and the Fords can hire us a REAL coaching staff and a QB coach for Stafford.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    ^ And again, we'll gladly take McCarthy off your hands, since you hate him so much.
    We saw him first

God I can't wait for this season to be over. That interception pretty much ends Green Bay's chances. Good luck finding a new job in this economy McCarthy.

MCCARTHY

IS NOT

GOING TO BE FIRED

*Ahem*

Anyways, Texans lose this one as well. Of course, there was no doubt that they would, but man, that first half.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Not only that, Green Bay gets swept by the entire state of PA (they already lost to Philly). I'm gonna root for the Bears tonight so Green Bay can avoid losing another nationally televised game to Chicago next week.

As an aside, Green Bay would have won if they had signed Tebow.
    -----

As an aside, Green Bay would have won if they had signed Tebow.
    As much as I like Tebow as a person, they would not have. His development has been irreparably stunted i'm afraid.

Not to mention my other team blew a 10-point lead against the Jets. And THEY have to face Pittsburgh next week. Things are not looking good for Cleveland's chances of matching last year's record. However, a loss could help us get Johnny Manziel if he declares. Hopefully Chud will be fired too and he gets replaced by Jim Tressel, a proven winner in Ohio.
    -----

I'm going to play devil's advocate here on the McCarthy issue...

The injury to Aaron Rodgers has REALLY exposed just how bad the Packers are as a team, and McCarthy has shown no ability to cope without him. The defense and the offensibe lines are awful. They've got to be in the bottom ten each among every team in the NFL. They have a decent running game now and an elite receiving corps, but they're all a bit exposed without the stud QB leading them. McCarthy's blown through several quarterbacks since Rodgers went down before finally settling on Matt Flynn, who... uhhh... really stinks. I mean, the guy he had sitting immediately behind Rodgers in case of emergency was Seneca Wallace. I know not everyone can have a Pro Bowler at backup QB, but having Seneca Wallace be one injury away from being The Guy is a terrible decision to begin with.

Rodgers is a fantastic, MVP player who is able to disguise a lot of the Packers' woes. But make no mistake, this is nowhere near a good TEAM, and a lot of that does reside on McCarthy's shoulders. Just because he's lucky enough to [normally] have an All Pro quarterback who can scrape 11 or 12 wins out of this team shouldn't really excuse the fact that he's woefully incapable of coaxing any production out of his offensive line or defense.

Now, do I think McCarthy is going to be fired? No, there's literally no chance at all that he will be. I am 100% certain he coaches the Green Bay Packers next year. So I don't think PF#9 is right. But I can see an argument to be made that he's not really that good of a coach. Not saying it is a GREAT argument, but it's at least worth discussion.
    Last edited by Sid87; 23rd December 2013 at 1:56 AM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Don't worry, Detroit lost, too. Good. Now Jim Schwartz and his clown posse can get out of our city, and the Fords can hire us a REAL coaching staff and a QB coach for Stafford.
    The fact that the Lions got eliminated from the playoffs in this manner was downright humiliating. Literally just had to win one or two games and they managed to bungle that up. Seriously, Lions were just truly spectacular in how they managed to knock themselves out of the playoffs. They really are world class champions in finding ways to lose.

I think Schwartz is gone...he HAS to be gone. I would thank him for turning the program over, but I can't believe any professional coaching staff could miss this type of opportunity.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Arizona's win today guarantees a 10-win team will miss the playoffs this year. With so many such teams missing out since 2003, I think it's time to expand the playoffs to 16 teams (8 per conference). The NFL could make a lot more money this way. To offset the decreased difficulty of making the playoffs, the NFL should schedule just division games in each of the last 3 weeks of the regular season (to give teams more incentive for winning in those weeks). Also, eliminating first-round byes could be beneficial. Teams have been undone by byes in the past. The Colts never won a game after a first-round bye until 2009. The Packers were severely undone by a bye 2 years ago.

While it does increase the chances of a team with a losing record getting into the playoffs, that is a necessary drawback. Besides, a 7-9 Seahawks team beat the defending champs 3 years ago. And while they didn't have a losing record, the Giants (who beat the aforementioned Packers) won the Super Bowl with just a 9-7 record 2 years ago.
    -----

If the Packers are so bereft of talent outside of Rodgers, wouldn't that fall on GB's GM for bad draft picks and free agent signings, as well as bad scouting on their part? It's not McCarthy's fault he has nothing to work with.

I think Schwartz is gone...he HAS to be gone. I would thank him for turning the program over, but I can't believe any professional coaching staff could miss this type of opportunity.
    I don't just want Schwartz gone. I want ALL of them gone. They need to rebuild this coaching staff from the ground up, because if they can't make the playoffs when it's been literally gifted to them, then they never will.

They have the talent to compete with the upper echelon of the NFL. It's just being squandered away by pitiful coaching.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 23rd December 2013 at 2:05 AM.

Not to mention my other team blew a 10-point lead against the Jets. And THEY have to face Pittsburgh next week. Things are not looking good for Cleveland's chances of matching last year's record. However, a loss could help us get Johnny Manziel if he declares. Hopefully Chud will be fired too and he gets replaced by Jim Tressel, a proven winner in Ohio.
    OTHER team? Who else are you a bandwagon fan of? Sorry, I lose track of your multitude of "plan Bs"

My other team is Cleveland, naturally since I live near there. They aren't my 1st favorites though due to the constant losing.
    -----

My other team is Cleveland, naturally since I live near there. They aren't my 1st favorites though due to the constant losing.
    That is the definition of a bandwagoner. I don't jump ship for another team because the bucs suck do I?

That's your choice. And also, I'm pretty much right about this season being Carolina's turn to win the NFC South. Only one game needs to go their way next week.
    -----

That's your choice. And also, I'm pretty much right about this season being Carolina's turn to win the NFC South. Only one game needs to go their way next week.
    Doesn't change the fact that it makes you a fickle fan who won't stick with his home team through hard times

Um go Bears or shall I say DA BEARS
    3DS FC: 5300-9437-2684
    Claim a Pokemon- Zekrom owner
    We are Fearless

If the Packers are so bereft of talent outside of Rodgers, wouldn't that fall on GB's GM for bad draft picks and free agent signings, as well as bad scouting on their part? It's not McCarthy's fault he has nothing to work with.

I don't just want Schwartz gone. I want ALL of them gone. They need to rebuild this coaching staff from the ground up, because if they can't make the playoffs when it's been literally gifted to them, then they never will.

They have the talent to compete with the upper echelon of the NFL. It's just being squandered away by pitiful coaching.
    I wasn't watching the game but I read they had two timeouts left from the 25 with 23 seconds left and decided to let the clock run out. All I have to say is that "you play to win the game!"

Hopefully the Fords don't just keep the staff for monetary issues and do what's best for the team - which is to axe them all. Fans should not be treated to this product.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    The way the Lions managed to choke this season when the division title was all but gift wrapped to them just makes me not want to follow football for the rest of this year. I'll be rooting for Brady and the Patriots and Alex Smith and Kansas City in the playoffs.
    Yeah go Patriots! They probably wont go far with all these injuries but theyre doing a solid job.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Well, I am okay with keeping Mayhew. It's not his fault Schwartz and co. can't coach, and he's done more good than bad for the Lions imo.

But yeah. Everybody else needs to go. They've served their purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePorygon View Post
    Yeah go Patriots! They probably wont go far with all these injuries but theyre doing a solid job.
    Shame they lost Gronk. I'm mostly rooting for Tom Brady (Go Blue!). I wouldn't mind the Chiefs winning the SB because Alex Smith is an absolute class act.

Page 219 of 264 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast