Page 227 of 263 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 6569

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Well the Packers are off to a bad start. If they lose, McCarthy should be canned. I'd like to see Steve Spurrier come and replace him.
    Holy

No

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

For the 40th time, if McCarthy gets fired (which he won't), I'd be glad to see the Lions take him off your hands, and that's with Whisenhunt supposedly being the frontrunner for the job right now.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

Well the Packers are off to a bad start. If they lose, McCarthy should be canned. I'd like to see Steve Spurrier come and replace him.
    I really hope you're not always this stupid. There are probably 10-15 teams, maybe more, that would LOVE to have a guy like McCarthy.

Just... stop talking about football. Please.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

AHHHH

PACKERS LOST FIRE MCCARTHY

GUYS

FIRE MCCARTHY

c

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Well this has been a really depressing weekend for me. I used to like phil dawson when he was a brown. Now i hate his guts. This should do it for mccarthy. Go Carolina. I just wonder sometimes, why bother staying alive?

Edit: strike 2 ebevan. 1 more and you are off my friend list,
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Well this has been a really depressing weekend for me. I used to like phil dawson when he was a brown. Now i hate his guts. This should do it for mccarthy. Go Carolina. I just wonder sometimes, why bother staying alive?
    McCarthy will NOT be fired.

You're talking about football making you question being alive.

What

edit:
    Edit: strike 2 ebevan. 1 more and you are off my friend list,
    Wait lolwut? Do you have these guys on your friend list at gunpoint with strikes?
    Last edited by MosuGoji; 6th January 2014 at 2:01 AM.

Questions will definitely be asked about the defense though. They had a chance too - Hyde should have made that interception and they completely let Kaepernick loose in that 3rd and long.

Ah well, SF was just better. They kept putting pressure on Rodgers (and Rodgers being Rodgers is what bailed GB out), their safeties and corners were no match for SF's receivers, and Kaepernick had plenty of time to make throws or just scramble if necessary. Too bad for Rodgers.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

It's always so easy to call for a coach's job after they lose. Rex Ryan went from a coach who should be fired (in the preseason) to a coach who needed an extension (after being 5-4) to a coach who needed to be fired (when they were 6-8) to a coach who deserved another year (finishing 8-8).

The Packers didn't get it done. Their defense played pretty well all things considered, but they couldn't stop Kaepernick when he decided to run. This weekend had 4 great games. I hope next week has games that are this good.

Packers-Niners was a pretty good game. I thought that Green Bay played very well, better than I expected them to, and in the end they lost to a team that was just better. No shame in that. And with San Francisco winning, I'm now 4-0 in my picks for this weekend.

I finished 3-1, but the one I lost still works out for my team, so I'm okay with that.

Adjusted round 2 picks:

Patriots over Colts (no change)
    Chargers over Broncos (no change)
    Seahawks over Saints
    49ers over Panther

By the way, the NFC West has officially kept two streaks alive: Ever since realignment in 2001, the NFC West is the only division in football that has BOTH had a team in the second round of the playoffs AND had a team win a playoff game every single year.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

If the 49ers couldn't beat Carolina at home, there's no way they'll do it on the road.

Also, the Packers are now 3-5 in home postseason games since the Texans began play. God I wish the Texans never existed. (Take that Russell W.!)
    -----

God I wish the Texans never existed. (Take that Russell W.!)
    I...I'm so hurt....

I..think I'll go cry in the corner...

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW. View Post
    McCarthy will NOT be fired.

You're talking about football making you question being alive.

What

edit:

Wait lolwut? Do you have these guys on your friend list at gunpoint with strikes?
    I honestly had no idea I even had 1 "strike" to begin with. Actually I had no idea he was even on my friends list.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Guys, seriously, grow up. Debating about sports and disagreeing is one thing, but don't go actually attacking other posters here. It really makes the whole thread feel bitter, angry, immature, and inhospitable. Don't call each other names or make threats about friends lists or other off-topic crap like that; it ruins the thread. Be mature and talk about football. Keep that crap to VMs/PMs.

On-topic: I worry that the Panthers are going to be overconfident, and they did only beat SF by 1 point. The 49ers are on a hot streak, and they are the more experienced team. I think they take it.
    Last edited by Sid87; 6th January 2014 at 2:41 AM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I'm sorry, I just don't appreciate being criticized for wanting McCarthy fired. To have that on top a an Ohio State loss this weekend really hurts.

PS tomorrow is Jameis Winston's birthday. I hope he has a better birthday than I did.
    -----

It's not that you want McCarthy fired. It's fine to have that opinion.

It's just that you keep saying that over and over and over again week after week. We get it. You don't like McCarthy. There's no need to keep posting about it.

I'm sorry the state of Ohio had a bad week sports-wise, but it happens every now and then to every city/state/whatever, whether it's Ohio or Michigan/Detroit or even the cities that win a lot, like New York and Boston. Just move past it. There will be better weeks.
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    I'm sorry the state of Ohio had a bad week sports-wise, but it happens every now and then to any area. Just move past it. There will be better weeks.
    Try Texas.

Of course the 49ers are the first team from the Sun Belt that plays home games outdoors to win a postseason game in GB.

Thankfully next time the Packers play the 49ers, the 49ers' home stadium will be hosting the Super Bowl that season. It's a proven fact that teams whose stadiums host a given Super Bowl usually struggle that year and miss the playoffs. So the 49ers (and the Raiders, for that matter) are very likely to fall victim to Super Bowl Host Syndrome.

As for my picks to play in this year's Super Bowl, I'm going with Seattle over New England.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 6th January 2014 at 3:04 AM.
    -----

I'm sorry, I just don't appreciate being criticized for wanting McCarthy fired. To have that on top a an Ohio State loss this weekend really hurts.

PS tomorrow is Jameis Winston's birthday. I hope he has a better birthday than I did.
    Don't take it personally, I just don't like when fan's first reaction to a loss is "fire the coach" as if anyone could do the job better. I also haven't had as bad of a weekend sports wise as you have obviously. Sure, the Knicks lost a heart breaker in Houston, but I'm used to that by now.

For what it's worth, I still think Stanford, the best college football team in CA right now, can beat the 49ers. And I think FSU can beat either of the NFL teams in Florida. If Auburn cannot stop Jameis Winston, what makes the Bucs, Dolphins, and Jaguars think they can?
    -----

For what it's worth, I still think Stanford, the best college football team in CA right now, can beat the 49ers.
    The 49ers were in the SUPER BOWL last year. I don't think Stanford would even SCORE against them.

And I think FSU can beat either of the NFL teams in Florida.
    Miami and Tampa would kick FSU's ***.

If Auburn cannot stop Jameis Winston, what makes the Bucs, Dolphins, and Jaguars think they can?
    Because, despite them all sucking, they're all leagues better than ANY college team.

I'll make my playoff picks now, since I'll actually bother to watch next week.
    Saints beat Seahawks
    Panthers beat San Fran
    The Pats beat the Colts
    Chargers beat Broncos.

Then Chargers beat Patriots, Saints beat Panthers, and Chargers win the superbowl. Suddenly Rivers is considered "elite" again. I know I'll be wrong, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellW. View Post
    Try Texas.
    I was referring to sports in general, not just football. Texas still has the Rangers, Texas A&M, and three good basketball teams.

Michigan pretty much just has the Tigers and the MSU teams. Everybody else sucks either due to youth and inexperience or bad coaching.

For what it's worth, I still think Stanford, the best college football team in CA right now, can beat the 49ers. And I think FSU can beat either of the NFL teams in Florida. If Auburn cannot stop Jameis Winston, what makes the Bucs, Dolphins, and Jaguars think they can?
    There is a world of difference between NCAA coaching and NFL coaching, and no team in the NCAA could stand up to a team in the NFL. Even a team like Houston would blow FSU out of the water.

It's not Mike McCarthy's fault the Packers were without Aaron Rodgers for most of the season. As a Lions fan I would love to have Mike McCarthy as the new Lions head coach.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Except that's not true whatsoever. People were making this claim about the early season Jaguars and whether teams like Bama (when they were ranked #1 [due to SEC overhype]) could beat them, and all the analysts emphatically said "Absolutely not."

Read this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...abama-who-wins

I think simulations ran by one guy had it like an average of 40-10 or something with Jacksonville beating Alabama.

LOL, the 49ers would score 45+ and limit 10- against the best college teams (FSU/Auburn/MSU). I wouldn't be surprised if the score was 63-9.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Page 227 of 263 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast