Page 244 of 264 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

The Bears signed Willie Young to a 3 year deal... Any Lions fans able to tell me anything about him? I honestly hadn't heard all that much of him until free agency started.

Really? The Bears? Ugh...

Willie Young is a good, young player (though he's done some stupid things at times), and the Bears signed him for a good price. I wish Detroit could have kept him, but they have their problems with Suh's contract, and they still have Ansah, Taylor, and Jones, so it's not that big of a deal. He was just a backup DE for us.
    3DS Friend Code: 2208-6124-8748
    Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Duosion. Feel free to add me if you want.

I love it how the Patriots are so concerned about their money, and who to let go from the roster ect...So they go ahead and sign Darrelle Revis lol. I didn't see the contract details, but i'm sure Revis will be getting paid a crap ton of money. He will help their secondary out though. The Patriots secondary needs all the help they can get.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 13th March 2014 at 9:40 PM.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Really? The Bears? Ugh...

Willie Young is a good, young player (though he's done some stupid things at times), and the Bears signed him for a good price. I wish Detroit could have kept him, but they have their problems with Suh's contract, and they still have Ansah, Taylor, and Jones, so it's not that big of a deal. He was just a backup DE for us.
    Good to hear. I had been hearing people say he was expected to get signed to a similar contract as the one Everson Griffen got, (Something ridiculous like $8M/year, the Vikes seriously overpaid him.) so didn't think we had any shot at signing him after we had grabbed Lamarr Houston. Was very surprised when I saw we got him for $3M/year. And yeah, I saw Suh's contract the other day - that's a huge amount of money for a QB, let alone a defensive tackle!

Got Revis Island coming to New England! I'll take him over Talib for sure. But now we have a Wilfork dilemma and the fact that our offense is anemic without any solid WR, especially since Edelman hasn't resigned

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

It's a shame Revis didn't come back to the Jets, and him going to the Pats only makes my Revis jersey more worthless lol.

I'm happy that the Jets signed Eric Decker though, he's a major upgrade over the receivers they had last year. Geno could use as many weapons as possible, the defense should be fine next season even without Cromartie.

The other day the Browns released Weeden and Jason Campbell, 2 of their QBs.

I'm hoping that they can draft Manziel. Doing so could offset the questionable head coaching hire (I still think it should have been Tressel).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Hello loyal subjects, i've returned. Gotta say, despite Lance Moore getting cut (honestly not that surprised given the lack of effort) and Darren Sproles getting traded to the Eagles, i feel better about this upcoming Saints team. Never liked Jonathan Vilma because i thought he was overrated and didn't deserve the praise he got, that and he's a crooked player imho. Hopefully the new additions on defense will help us out. Though it wasn't the best defensive outing in the latter half of the season, the Saints greatly improved a stagnant defense. Hopefully that remains constant.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

The Lions resigned Brandon Pettigrew. How many times do you think he dropped the pen before he signed the contract? In all seriousness though he is a pretty good blocker. He's had his good moments. Hopefully this upcoming season he's more consistent catching the ball.
    Last edited by NintendoFan82; 16th March 2014 at 8:04 AM.

1693 1038 1902

Really sad about Ware leaving but I guess it was bound to happen. At least the Cowboys have a little bit of cap room now.
    It's been a long time since the Cowboys have gone after big FAs. Last big FA signing I remember was Brandon Carr.
    I'm pretty livid about Hatcher leaving. Especially to a division rival. Why he's moving back to a system where he was mediocre is beyond me though.

I love the eagles getting sproles so much. It is basically a no lose thing aince it was just one of two 5th round picks anyway and it can only help the offense and mccoy. If we can draft well for defense, then it's going to turn out really well.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I love the eagles getting sproles so much. It is basically a no lose thing aince it was just one of two 5th round picks anyway and it can only help the offense and mccoy. If we can draft well for defense, then it's going to turn out really well.
    ^Sproles REALLY fits into their system too. He will relieve some of the work load McCoy had.

I'm just waiting for the draft to come along now.

This is actually College Football related. I'll be going down to Ann Arbor on April 5th to the Michigan Football Spring game. I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice being back at the Big House. Also, i've been hearing a rumor that one of Alabamas centers wants to transfer to Michigan. I hope this happens. The players name is Chad Lindsay, and he's a very experienced center. That's a position Michigan was hurting at last year. If this rumor is indeed true I imagine coach Nussmeier being at Michigan has a lot to do win it.

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    This is actually College Football related. I'll be going down to Ann Arbor on April 5th to the Michigan Football Spring game. I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice being back at the Big House. Also, i've been hearing a rumor that one of Alabamas centers wants to transfer to Michigan. I hope this happens. The players name is Chad Lindsay, and he's a very experienced center. That's a position Michigan was hurting at last year. If this rumor is indeed true I imagine coach Nussmeier being at Michigan has a lot to do win it.
    He's not the best center out there (primarily plays guard), but he's probably better than what Michigan could get.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

I actually found a pretty fascinating article about the raiders, should anyone want to read it. (Yes, I did use the words "fascinating" and "raiders" in the same sentence) Oakland is a confusing mess right now, almost mirroring the Edmonton oilers. Will be a miracle to see any of the front-house people still employed there in the near future.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2014/0...onfusing-mess/
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    He's not the best center out there (primarily plays guard), but he's probably better than what Michigan could get.
    Yeah, center is a position Michigan is bad at. Michigans whole offensive line is bad in general. The players just need to be coached better so they can actually develop into good offensive lineman. Chad Lindsay isn't an All American, but he's better than what Michigan has now, I agree.

1693 1038 1902

Needless to say, I'm shocked that the Saints of all teams landed Jarius Byrd. When free agency started, they almost didn't have a penny to spend, then all of a sudden they land the most sought after free agent of the year. With him and Kenny Vaccaro in the backfield, along with Keenan Lewis, the Saints seem to be working towards their own version of Seattle's secondary.

As for Sproles, I don't really care about the whole situation. He was been on a steady decline since joining the Saints in 2011. They simply moved him when he still had some kind of value instead of keeping him for too long, being paid too much to only see limited amount of time on the field like the Saints have a history of doing (Will Smith, Roman Harper, Jonathan Vilma). His wife however, needs a lesson in class.

Payton looks to be completely retooling the offense towards a more smashmouth style of football that the NFC has shifted to in order to keep up with the Seattles and the San Fransicos of the world. With Mark Ingram, Kyhri Robinson, and Peirre Thomas in the backfield, it looks like he wants some maulers and bruisers running the rock with Brees still slinging it all over the field. Sproles was more of finesse player that while he can win you games in the regular season, when it comes post season time against more physical defenses he essentially gets shut down.
    Last edited by deathseer; 21st March 2014 at 4:48 AM.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Checked nfl.com for the first time in a week, apparently a lot of amazing -bleep- happened:

Oakland acquires QB Matt Schaub for a 6th round pick: to all those who read the article I posted earlier, this trade makes perfect sense for oakland. To all those who didn't, this makes absolutely no sense for oakland. In either case, this trade makes absolutely no sense. Schaub joins a team who has an abundance of aging (please don't say statues, for the love of god please don't say statues) statues (damn!) and enough bad quarterbacks to start a league, assuming they didn't already release Trent Edwards. I whole-heartedly expect Schaub to get sacked to oblivion in oakland, which should actually benefit him as it'll take focus off the fact that he's only an average quarterback.

Jets sign QB Michael Vick to a 1 year/5 Million Dollar Contract: I truly am torn about this one. While I do hate men horribly abusing animals, I do like stories of redemption. With this signing, the jets have an interesting Tim Thomas/Tuuka Rask sort of thing at quarterback (one old/high-octane guy and a youthful pocket passer) which could make for a pretty interesting dynamic in a division consisting of two horrible teams and one average team right now. If the jets can acquire some decent WR's, we could easily see them win the division. If they can't, then we could easily see an NFC-east situation only with the winner of the division being 7-9.

Jets release QB Mark Sanchez: after five years of highlight/blooper reel footage, the jets have finally released Sanchez. Many think he'll sign with St. Louis, as with Kellen Clemens' signing in San Diego they have all of Brady Quinn (yuck) and rookie Austin Davis as backup quarterbacks. Article is here, you be the judge: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...r-mark-sanchez
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D

Sanchez's career is over no doubt. I didn't like that he got more time than Tebow in 2012. I never liked Sanchez, dating back to his time at USC (I'm a Notre Dame fan).
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Sanchez's career is over no doubt. I didn't like that he got more time than Tebow in 2012. I never liked Sanchez, dating back to his time at USC (I'm a Notre Dame fan).
    Yeah, apparently the eagles have "a lot of interest" in sanchez now. On one hand, it makes total sense with the eagles already getting lucky on having one amazing rookie QB and not wanting to risk it again with Barkley. On the other hand, I am starting to get incredibly sick of it. The flyers are a horrible pennsylvania NHL franchise, the 76ers are a horrible pennsylvania NBA franchise, and the steelers are a horrible pennsylvania NFL franchise. When it comes to sports teams, haven't we seen enough embarrassing crap there? Have Sanchez join the Raiders, or even the Dolphins. Let him deliver poor results for a franchise that realistically has no shot of making the playoffs next year.

Be careful what you say about PA. I have a few friends from there on here.

In other news, the Raiders are looking at adding Richie Incognito. You may remember he was the one who was racist towards John Martin on the Dolphins.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    Yeah, apparently the eagles have "a lot of interest" in sanchez now. On one hand, it makes total sense with the eagles already getting lucky on having one amazing rookie QB and not wanting to risk it again with Barkley. On the other hand, I am starting to get incredibly sick of it. The flyers are a horrible pennsylvania NHL franchise, the 76ers are a horrible pennsylvania NBA franchise, and the steelers are a horrible pennsylvania NFL franchise. When it comes to sports teams, haven't we seen enough embarrassing crap there? Have Sanchez join the Raiders, or even the Dolphins. Let him deliver poor results for a franchise that realistically has no shot of making the playoffs next year.
    Lol what, how are the Steelers horrible? They are actually one of the best franchises IMO. One of the most successful and win a reputable fan base. Mind you, I support the Lions...I know what a horrible NFL franchise can be at times.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Well, today the Chicago district of the National Labor Relations Board ruled that Northwestern football players qualify as employees of the university and can unionize. Thoughts anyone?

1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    Well, today the Chicago district of the National Labor Relations Board ruled that Northwestern football players qualify as employees of the university and can unionize. Thoughts anyone?
    Good for collegiate football players, bad for everyone else. With this ruling, we can easily see sports like lacrosse/soccer/curling go unfunded by schools as the schools themselves will be unable to finance all of these sports. On the other hand, this is pretty groundbreaking, as with baseball and basketball already unionized we are essentially seeing the framework for what could be a national sports union catering to every sport, which in turn would see the quality of said sports significantly increase from what it is at now.

The Bears signed Jared Allen and it looks like it's all coming together now... we still have some major holes to fill in MLB, 3-Tech DT, OLB, SS.... but with decent drafting they should be hidden well enough. If we are able to grab Aaron Donald in the first round I'll be ecstatic, our D-Line will be set and we should at least have an average defense at that point, which judging by last year's offense is all we'll need. Very happy with how our offseason has gone so far and looking forward to seeing how far we can go this year.

Page 244 of 264 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast