Page 28 of 264 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Tha manning fumble was great in the cardinals game. Also the Lions beating the cowboys made my day!
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Dalton is going to be a good one
    Definitely. He looks a bit rocky at times, but we're only four weeks into the season and I'm starting to see improvement. He'll be solid as he gains some experience.
    SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SINCE I HAVEN'T BEEN ON SPPF FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS

Last.fm|Twitter

Dalton is gonna play like Chad Henne later on, which is good for the bengals.

Pokemon X Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Manly Blissey View Post
    Pretty awesome that my Bengals took out the (formerly) undefeated Bills. I'm pretty sure this is a sign of the Apocalypse.
    Or is it a sign of the apocalypse that a Bills loss is viewed as a sign of the apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprintking View Post
    Or is it a sign of the apocalypse that a Bills loss is viewed as a sign of the apocalypse?
    Calm down, buddy. I didn't mean it literally—it was just a hyperbole to describe how surprising it was that the Bills, a pretty solid team, lost to the Bengals, a sub-par team.
    SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SINCE I HAVEN'T BEEN ON SPPF FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS

Last.fm|Twitter

Really! That was a crap call that was a fuble. Cruz slipped and let the ball go.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Calm down, buddy. I didn't mean it literally—it was just a hyperbole to describe how surprising it was that the Bills, a pretty solid team, lost to the Bengals, a sub-par team.
    Hey now, it was all in jest, and a good win for the Bengals.

Aaron Rodgers did it big today.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Aaron Rodgers did it big today.
    Best quarterback in the NFL right now. Biased, but hard to argue otherwise.

Matthew Stafford is playing excellent also, don't count him ount ^-^

I remember when I had Arian Foster as my starting RB in my 20 team Fantasy Football league. I had a WR-QB team, so I took Arian in the 7th round or so, and it payed off

Pokemon X Round 2

Hey now, it was all in jest, and a good win for the Bengals.
    Haha. No worries, man. It was all in good humor on my side as well. And indeed it was. I'm glad it was them that stopped Buffalo's momentum.

Best quarterback in the NFL right now. Biased, but hard to argue otherwise.
    Agreed. The guy has talent, but he also has a bad attitude, which makes him unappealing to me.

Last.fm|Twitter

Wild cards that I'm betting on now are Detroit and Buffalo.

Pokemon X Round 2

Matthew Stafford is playing excellent also, don't count him ount ^-^
    This is probably because I know too many obnoxious, bandwagon Lions fans, but it really annoys me when people try to call him an elite quarterback. He has far too small of a sample size to put him at the same level as Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and others.

Agreed. The guy has talent, but he also has a bad attitude, which makes him unappealing to me.
    How so? I've never heard this used against him.

???

Are we talking about the same person?

I have claimed Giratina

This is probably because I know too many obnoxious, bandwagon Lions fans, but it really annoys me when people try to call him an elite quarterback. He has far too small of a sample size to put him at the same level as Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and others.
    I'm not putting him there - he's still young. But right now - he's playing as if he were elite. Of course he has a beast weapon in Calvin Johnson, and an awesome defense to back him up but the Packers in all have Rodgers, Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Finley, and everyone else.

Pokemon X Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    Wild cards that I'm betting on now are Detroit and Buffalo.
    You're joking?

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I don't think Buffalo would be that big of a stretch. Who else is looking better? If they can split with the Jets, they'll be in pretty good position to get one. The AFC isn't looking that strong this year, and I could see them getting in along with SD/Oakland, if the Jets and Steelers can't get back on track.

I honestly think Buffalo is getting overblown hype. They've mostly won their games on amazing comebacks. It's going to get old and predictable some time. They obviously didn't play well enough to beat Cincinnati, one of the worst teams. I just don't see Buffalo going to the playoffs.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Buffalo looked great against the Raiders... but they're the Raiders, so that should be taken with a grain of salt. Personally, I think Buffalo has a decent season (by their standards) at 7-9. But that's certainly not enough to get into the playoffs. (Unless, of course, you are the Seattle Seahawks.)
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I don't think Buffalo would be that big of a stretch. Who else is looking better? If they can split with the Jets, they'll be in pretty good position to get one. The AFC isn't looking that strong this year, and I could see them getting in along with SD/Oakland, if the Jets and Steelers can't get back on track.
    The Steelers are a veteran team that I believe can get back on the right track. I don't like making playoff predictions this early into a season but I see the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Raiders, and Chargers. Let's keep a look out on the Titans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    They've mostly won their games on amazing comebacks.
    Exactly. Let's look past the fact that they came back from doube digit deficits to that they were down in the first place as well as their upcoming games. Let's not forget that once upon a time the Broncos were 6-0.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 4th October 2011 at 1:31 AM.

The Lions will eventually find out that they can't keep playing from behind. If they're up against high scoring offenses in the NFC like the Packers and Saints they won't have the luxury of catching up because they'll fall too far behind. Outscoring Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees is a tall order for anyone.

So while they are the darling team that has put their losing ways behind, people are just actively ignoring that they are getting behind 20 pts a game against mediocre and average teams. If you get burned by the Packers or Saints like that, you aren't going to catch up.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Did anyone see the Ravens last night? 3 touchdowns on fumbles, and it won a fantasy game for me.
    Due to my very annoyingly long name, I will accept anything along the likes of pokemonmaster, pokemaster, pokemaster30, P3.0, 3.0, etc.

Spoiler:- Records:

I'm back!

^ People watch Jets' games?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    The Lions will eventually find out that they can't keep playing from behind. If they're up against high scoring offenses in the NFC like the Packers and Saints they won't have the luxury of catching up because they'll fall too far behind. Outscoring Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees is a tall order for anyone.

So while they are the darling team that has put their losing ways behind, people are just actively ignoring that they are getting behind 20 pts a game against mediocre and average teams. If you get burned by the Packers or Saints like that, you aren't going to catch up.
    The Lions probably aren't going to do that much if they get into the playoffs this year with the way they're playing. Plus, Stafford could always get injured again.

Also, lmao at Madonna headlining the half time show.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 4th October 2011 at 2:24 AM.

What I've been thinking all year long. Coming back from 20 against the Vikings shouldn't be seen as an amazing comeback, when in reality, THEY WERE DOWN 20 TO THE VIKINGS, a fact lost on the analysts.

On the topic of the Steelers, I think their playoff hopes hinge on Big Ben's health. If his foot injury becomes something serious, and if they don't learn to protect him, they're done. 2 ugly losses and an even uglier win against the Colts don't have me sold.

Page 28 of 264 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast