Page 29 of 256 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Good win for my Bucs on monday night. Even though it was against a manningless colts, I loved how they iced it. Give the ball to blount and freeman and pound it.

BLOUNT FORCED TRAUMA
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 4th October 2011 at 6:10 AM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sprintking View Post
    On the topic of the Steelers, I think their playoff hopes hinge on Big Ben's health. If his foot injury becomes something serious, and if they don't learn to protect him, they're done. 2 ugly losses and an even uglier win against the Colts don't have me sold.
    I agree. If I remember correctly, they have some new offensive starters and they haven't been protecting him that well though it's been said that he'll be starting hi in the next game. They really have to get their rushing game going if they want to have a chance at keep their QB upright.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Good win for my Bucs on monday night. Even though it was against a manningless colts, I loved how they iced it. Give the ball to blount and freeman and pound it.

BLOUNT FORCED TRAUMA
    People have been saying that the Buccaneers weren't that impressive in their win last night against the Colts. What's your take on this?

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I agree. If I remember correctly, they have some new offensive starters and they haven't been protecting him that well though it's been said that he'll be starting hi in the next game. They really have to get their rushing game going if they want to have a chance at keep their QB upright.

People have been saying that the Buccaneers weren't that impressive in their win last night against the Colts. What's your take on this?
    Spotlight was big for them, most of the players on that team have never been on Monday night football before. Sure they aren't a perfect team, but they seem to be growing. Blount will be a monster, Freeman just needs to mature.

The score of the game last night was not indicative of how the bucs dominated that game. they were marching up and down the field all night, and the 2 long TDs for the colts both could have been called back.

The Bucs just looked like a team that was playing not to lose. To lose to the Manning-less Colts is just an embarrassment, and no team wants that honor. They won games against losing teams last year and still haven't proved they are ready to take that next step. Sure they beat Atlanta, but that doesn't hold that much weight when they get manhandled on opening day by the Bears and take one down to the wire against the Sea-Chickens of all teams.

Still not sold on them and I say the Saints stay atop the division and get the #2 Seed. Packers/Saints rematch in the Championship Game.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I was so happy when the Eagles went up 23-3 on Sunday...
    But they lost.

I was so happy when the Colts went up 10-0 yesterday...
    But they lost.

My two favorite teams are a combined 1-7. It's a great day to be me, XD.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

At the four game mark, should be a good time to make predictions.

NFC North.

Packers 14-2-They might slip up and lose 1 to Detroit, and 1 to Chicago. Way they're playing though I don't see who can stop them offensively.

Lions 10-6- Beating the Chiefs, and the Vikings isn't a big deal. Tampa and Dallas are both good teams though. They still have the Saints on their schedule, and have to face the Packers twice. Its one thing to let the Vikes, and Cowboys score 20 points in the first half and storm back for the win, but New Orleans and Green-bay will turn that 20 into 70, you cannot come back against those teams. Even Chicago has that capability.

Bears 8-8- Really letting their fans down, to be fair the schedule has been anything but easy New Orleans, Green-Bay, and Atlanta? Its amazing that their .500, a win over detroit could show the League that they're not playing for a wild card spot.

Vikings 6-10- Rebuiliding year its expected, lets see if this ponder kid is up for the task of leading an NFL team, and then decide whether or not to spend the teams high draft choice on a QB.

NFC South

New Orleans 12-4- A loss to the Packers is nothing to be ashamed of, they should win the division with Atlanta having a down year.

Atlanta 11-5- A win over the Packers in Georgia (god forbid) will send the league a huge message, but its probably not happening, if Atlanta can stay competitive next week they won't have too much to worry about.

Tampa Bay 6-10- Wow this was an over hyped team.

Carolina 5-11- Yeah Newton's great they still need to win though.

NFC East

Giants 10-6- Not looking to be the competitive division people thought it was, shouldn't be too hard to win for New York.

Dallas 7-9- Not an easy schedule ahead of them

Redskins 6-10

Eagles 5-11- Really the 49ers?

NFC West

49ers 8-8- Alex Smith looks like he is adequate now that he has a good coach, most complete team in the division.

Arizona 7-9- Kevin Kolb still hasn't lead this team to a win since they beat the Panthers.

Rams 5-11- Injuries, and a tough schedule aren't a good combo.

Seahawks 4-12 really think they're just waiting to draft luck, the team went out and got everything this offseason except a QB.

NFC Playoff Picture

1. Packers 14-2

2. Saints 12-4

3. Giants 10-6

4. 49ers 8-8

5. Falcons 11-5

6. Lions 10-6

Wild-Card weekend.

Giants over Lions (the Lions haven't played football in January since the 90s, and they certainly haven't played it in Jersey.)

Falcons over 49ers (obvious, although I think the 9ers might put up a fight)

Divisional.

Packers over Falcons (Matty Ice? How about the frozen tundra, in january, Green-bay eat sleeps and breathes football, first home playoff game since 07 for this town will not result in a loss)

Saints over Giants (Drew Brees is having another MVP caliber year, might be too much for the injury riddled Giants)

Championship

Packers over Saints The game is played in Lambeau, if it were in New Orleans my vote would change in a heartbeat.

AFC North (I shouldn't have to justify myself for this division)

1. Ravens 13-3

2. Steelers 7-9

3. Browns 7-9

4. Bengals 6-10

AFC South

1. Texans 10-6- This is the year Houston, if its not now then your team is cursed.

2. Titans 10-6- Playing really well could even steal it from Houston. Beating the Ravens put em on the map.

3. Jaguars 6-10- Run game is too good for them to get last.

4. Indianapolis 5-11- I really hope they don't draft luck, it wouldn't be fair.

AFC East

New England-12-4- if it takes Brady throwing 4 picks for them to lose a game by 2 points I like their chances.

Buffalo 9-7- Could cause some trouble, if they didn't have to go against the Jets D twice they'd have the wildcard

Jets 8-8- Defense wins championships, but only if the offense scores some points, which they can't seem to do. Luckily Buffalo and New England have really weak defenses, chances are they could still compete, as of now it looks bad.

Miami 4-12- If they draft luck they'll be instant competitors, its looking to go that way.

AFC west

Chargers 11-5- the infamous 10 game win streak may not be needed, they're already 3-1. Schedule only gets easier from here.

Raiders 7-9

Chiefs- 6-10- they might get better but they have no run game

Broncos 3-9- Andrew Luck, playing for John Elway? Who else has an erection?

AFC Playoff picture

1. Baltimore

2. New England.

3. San Diego

4. Houston

5. Tennessee

6. Buffalo

Wildcard weekend.

San Diego Over Buffalo- Buffalo is a really young team, and Rivers is starving for some postseason success.

Tennessee over Houston- Hasselback seems to have forgotten that its not 2004 anymore, Brett Favres immortality clearly has rubbed off on his former backup, I'm going upset.

Baltimore over Tennessee Immortality won't save from the Baltimore D

San Diego over New England- Its really close, but Rivers should be hot around this time.

San Diego over Baltimore- Two great defenses, 1 of them is the better offense.

Superbown XLVI Packers v.s Chargers.

You heard it here first folks..

Agree with the above, except I got Saints/Patriots SuperBowl.

If not for the Colston fumble, I'm thinking that New Orleans wins that game. My guess is that the Packers don't want to see the Saints again if it came that close. Aaron Rodgers was good, but he scraped away with that win. Saints holding them to one offensive touchdown in the entire second half is something I'm happy about.

Getting into shootout with the Saints is hard to do, and if Brees has a clean game, he is as hard to beat as Brady.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Bucs will be a better team with last year, only with less wins..if that makes any sense :P

Their schedule is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Agree with the above, except I got Saints/Patriots SuperBowl.

If not for the Colston fumble, I'm thinking that New Orleans wins that game. My guess is that the Packers don't want to see the Saints again if it came that close. Aaron Rodgers was good, but he scraped away with that win. Saints holding them to one offensive touchdown in the entire second half is something I'm happy about.

Getting into shootout with the Saints is hard to do, and if Brees has a clean game, he is as hard to beat as Brady.
    Hmm, Im willing to bet the conference goes down to New Orleans and Green-bay, who wins it is anyones guess I picked Green-bay because favorable schedule leads me to believe they'll get top seed, and they're hard to beat in Lambeu. As for the AFC, new England seems to still be the favorite but Baltimore is making some noise, they have the best D the NFL has seen in 5 years. And the Chargers are 3-1 BEFORE their trademark double digit win streak.

Bucs will be a better team with last year, only with less wins..if that makes any sense :P

It makes total sense, last year their schedule was very easy, I see them bein more competitive next year than this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Hmm, Im willing to bet the conference goes down to New Orleans and Green-bay, who wins it is anyones guess I picked Green-bay because favorable schedule leads me to believe they'll get top seed, and they're hard to beat in Lambeu. As for the AFC, new England seems to still be the favorite but Baltimore is making some noise, they have the best D the NFL has seen in 5 years. And the Chargers are 3-1 BEFORE their trademark double digit win streak.

It makes total sense, last year their schedule was very easy, I see them bein more competitive next year than this one.
    I think the Bucs surprise some teams this year. I could see 8-8

NOOO!!!

I've been hearing lots of talk about Missouri leaving the Big 12. As I've stated before, I hate all the realignment, but Missouri talking about it makes it 10x worse. If we leave I feel like we're the betrayers. And I don't get what's so great about moving; I can see us only getting worse we switch.

Hopefully, it's all a bunch crap like the talk of the move to the Big 10 a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprintking View Post
    ...the Badgers get a huge win.
    Wooo, yeah, go not Nebraska. I thought the way they left the Big 12 was pretty lame, so I'll be rooting against them from now on. I didn't except them to win in Wisconsin, and losing the way the did was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    I was so happy when the Eagles went up 23-3 on Sunday...
    But they lost.

I was so happy when the Colts went up 10-0 yesterday...
    But they lost.

My two favorite teams are a combined 1-7. It's a great day to be me, XD.
    Same, except replace Eagles with (hometown) Chiefs.
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 5th October 2011 at 11:36 PM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Of course it makes sense. Last year, their schedule was cake, with 9 out of their 10 wins coming against teams who finished with a record of .500 or worse. They have a tougher schedule this year, and that's why their record will be worse.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Luckily, my Lions, Jets, and Chargers and faring out well right now.

Pokemon X Round 2

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/dal...eam-2011-10-05

I don't even know how. They don't even win.

Edit: There are reports stating that the Big 12 is going to invite TCU. Trying to save themselves it seems.

Edit 2: http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/...-big-12-invite
    Last edited by Vernikova; 6th October 2011 at 8:39 PM.

Just saw on ESPN that the Nick Fairley is finally going to make his Lions debut. Personally, I thought he was overhyped in college for only one good season of play, but I guess we'll see. I hope I'm wrong, because it would be fun to see Suh and Fairley play together at a high level.

This is a sad year to be a colts fan...almost embarrassing...Now they have a average-ish offense (going with how painter is playing, since we can all agree collins did far FAR worse and was the stupidest move that franchise ever made) and the only reason they won games is their offense made up for their defense, now they cant...Shame
    So yea, with the fact that i think we can all assume my colts arent making it to the playoffs, I really dont know who to pull for on AFC. I pretty much hate most of the AFC, they just all strike me as douches, or most of them. I like a lot of the NFC teams and they seem to be doing pretty good this year, although Saints are probably my 2nd favorite team or close to it (ah that was a good super bowl, colts vs. saints). If i don't pull for the saints it'll be for peyton's little brother and his giants. Also, it seems like the NFL is a lot more of an even playing feel this year, teams are actually out there and capable of having a 50% shot at winning a game (unless you're the colts, cardinals, steelers, dolphins, or eagles, probably like 2 more but i cant think of the others off the top of my head). It's a pretty interesting year so far and it's only week 5 this weekend. Oh for anyone who cares no i don't live in the South lol, i actually live in PA right between Philly, Pitt, and Baltimore, but i dont like the eagles, hate steelers, and iffy towards Ravens, so no i'm not a local favorite person wewt
    Edit:I also just saw Manning was cleared to be allowed on the sidelines this weekend so at least he's making some improvement, too late to change anything but at least he's doing better D:
    Last edited by Bestgamepearl; 7th October 2011 at 3:58 AM.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    Edit:I also just saw Manning was cleared to be allowed on the sidelines this weekend so at least he's making some improvement, too late to change anything but at least he's doing better D:
    Do you, as a Colts fan, believe that the Colts should intentionally lose games for Andrew Luck in the draft if it gets to that point later in the season where the team isn't going to even be decent?

Do you, as a Colts fan, believe that the Colts should intentionally lose games for Andrew Luck in the draft if it gets to that point later in the season where the team isn't going to even be decent?
    Well, i don't want them going 0-16 or anything lol, but there's no point in putting manning back in for the last 4 games of the year when he'll probably be able to play or so if there's no reward other than winning their last 4 games. The only time i'd say go ahead and try to win is if they're somehow in playoff contention, but at 0-4 and they havent even hit the hardest part of their schedule, i don't see it happening unless we see Curtis Painter's innner Peyton Manning. The only good thing about the colts IS their offense, but the thing was that their offense always made up for their defense's crapiness just because their offense was soooo strong, and it was made JUST for peyton. Now they're only doing average on offense with Painter who relatively used to the offense, and it's going to take a little more than average to make up for such a shitty defense that the Colt's have. I think at this point it's just a good idea to keep painter in and grind it out for the rest of the year, and then not even put peyton in. Peyton needs his rest, and for him to risk getting injured just to say HA WE WON OUR LOST FOUR GAMES isn't worth it. Plus, i don't see it being worth getting another QB, Curtis Painter isn't doing too horribly and he hasn't even got that much practice, with time he won't be that bad of a backup so if anything they need to find someone who actually knows how to play defense other than Freeney and Mathis, because they're the only two people worth a crap on the Colts defense.
    Last edited by Bestgamepearl; 7th October 2011 at 4:55 AM.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

So they say TCU will accept the invite to the Big 12. All I need now is for Missouri to stay and Boise State to come in and I'll get what I want.
    I heard that also. I don't get why he couldn't stand on the sidelines before. It's not like standing there is going to put extra stress on his neck.
    I'm a Colts fan as well, but I've never cared for the tactic of throwing games to get a higher draft pick.

Actually, I guess I should clarify. I'm a Peyton fan, and since he's on the Colts I'm, by default, a Colts fan. Whenever he's done there I probably won't care about them as much, although it's not like I'm going to hate them.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Steelers Vs. Titans
    I Think my boys pull out
    Titans 17-20 Steelers
    Thoughts?
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!!
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

they need to find someone who actually knows how to play defense other than Freeney and Mathis, because they're the only two people worth a crap on the Colts defense.
    Totally. Its amazing how the Colts haven't been able to get any good defensive prospects since I believe that teir defense is what is causing them to lose games.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    So they say TCU will accept the invite to the Big 12.
    I kind of hope they vote no. The Big 12 didn't want them before and they already agreed to go to the Big East.

Actually, I guess I should clarify. I'm a Peyton fan, and since he's on the Colts I'm, by default, a Colts fan. Whenever he's done there I probably won't care about them as much, although it's not like I'm going to hate them.
    Well then, I guess I shouldn't ask you the question sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack29 View Post
    Titans 17-20 Steelers
    Thoughts?
    They certainly need the win to say the least.

...they already agreed to go to the Big East.
    Yeah, what about that? I would've figured they couldn't just change their mind the year before, but I've never heard anything about them being restricted from doing it.
    Well then, I guess I shouldn't ask you the question sir.
    lol, sir. That sounds weird :P

But honestly, I always try to be as unbiased as possible. Even if it were the Chiefs (my hometown team) I wouldn't want them to do it, just because it's lame, and a flukey thing to do (even though Cassel hasn't been looking that good and a new QB might be welcome).
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack29 View Post
    Steelers Vs. Titans
    Titans 17-20 Steelers
    Thoughts?
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!!
    I was hoping they were playing at Tennessee. I would've said, "Hmm... perhaps Pittsburgh can steel a win on the road".

But they're not.

So I won't say it.

:P
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 8th October 2011 at 2:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Yeah, what about that? I would've figured they couldn't just change their mind the year before, but I've never heard anything about them being restricted from doing it.
    I'd like for them to ctualy keep their commitent to the Big East. Then again this in NCAA football we're discussing where commitment doesn't seem to matter.

But honestly, I always try to be as unbiased as possible. Even if it were the Chiefs (my hometown team) I wouldn't want them to do it, just because it's lame, and a flukey thing to do (even though Cassel hasn't been looking that good and a new QB might be welcome).
    If I had a team to root for and they were bad I'd probably be hoing that they lose games. Then again, the Dolphins would probably be worse either way.

Saints/Panthers has 42-17 New Orleans written all over it. Cam throws 2 or 3 picks and doesn't scratch 350.

I say the Titans continue their momentum and knock off the aging Steelers in a close game. That "Steel Curtain" isn't looking as scary at it used to and ol' Big Ben has been playing horrible as of late.

Expecting the Pats to blow out the Jets. Somewhere in the area of 35-7. The Jets have been abysmal on both sides of the ball and to beat the Pats you either shut Brady down or outscore them, and the Jets don't look capable of either at all.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Raiders owner Al Davis dies.

Source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/O...is-dies-100811

Page 29 of 256 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast