Page 30 of 264 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

^ Oh ****.

Great owner in his younger days. Too bad he really dropped the ball more recently though. I wonder who'll be the next owner and if he/she/they will be able to right the Raiders' ship .

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Im sorry for all the Raiders fans......
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

Jets are taking superbowl 46 with or without sanchez's help

Florida looks awful

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Notre Dame taking it easy against a high school team this week. T-minus 14 days until we beat Southern Cal...

RIP Al Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Florida looks awful
    Told ya you should have waited until October to judge how good UF is

I have claimed Giratina

Texas got steamrolled by OU, but personally I think they were ranked too high, theyll get better tho. What in the world happened to FSU? seminoles just completly disappeared off the map; nebraska just tied against OSU 27-27 while Im typin this. really fun game!!

Florida State University was ranked too high far too soon. That's what happens with preseason polls though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Bears319 View Post
    Texas got steamrolled by OU, but personally I think they were ranked too high, theyll get better tho. What in the world happened to FSU? seminoles just completly disappeared off the map; nebraska just tied against OSU 27-27 while Im typin this. really fun game!!
    Its FSU. They are probably the best team in the country at not living up to the hype. Can't even beat Wake Forest.

EJ Manuel Heisman candidate??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

and how about the vaunted defense?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Its FSU. They are probably the best team in the country at not living up to the hype. Can't even beat Wake Forest.

EJ Manuel Heisman candidate??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

and how about the vaunted defense?
    Why would you think they're better than Bama/LSU/OU on paper?

Although ranking them #5 or whatever did stick out to me as overrated.

I have claimed Giratina

I'd like for them to ctualy keep their commitent to the Big East. Then again this in NCAA football we're discussing where commitment doesn't seem to matter.
    To be fair, the BE has gone under a big change since they agreed to join.

What a disappointing year for Florida football. UF, FSU, and Miami were all very overrated, not to mention the Dolphins look like the frontrunner for Andrew Luck. Heck, even my UCF is vastly underachieving.

Glad to see Nebraska pull that out. Ohio State is more or less a lost cause at this point, so I need Nebraska to keep winning for UW's title hopes' sake.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

Missouri loses again. Oh well, at least they made it close (it was 24 - 3, then they scored 14 more so they only lost by 7).
    Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Raiders owner Al Davis dies.
    Sort of weird they haven't said why yet.

Even though Davis has done many strange things recently, I still have respect for him for want he did to create the modern NFL. For those of you who don't know, Davis was the leader of the AFL back when the NFL and and AFL were separate. He was a big part in getting the two leagues to merge, thus creating the NFL with the AFC and NFC as it currently is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Florida State University was ranked too high far too soon. That's what happens with preseason polls though.
    That's why I wish they wouldn't officially rank anyone until about halfway through the season (like the official BCS ranking does).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprintking View Post
    Glad to see Nebraska pull that out. Ohio State is more or less a lost cause at this point, so I need Nebraska to keep winning for UW's title hopes' sake.
    It crossed my mind that, should OSU keep losing, they could have a losing season, something that never seemed possible to me before.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I hate Cowboys fans. In week 3, they won and they had no problem with Romo. Then in week 4, they lose and they think the Cowboys should get rid of him. Not to mention some of them are just stupid. The other day I heard two idiots on the radio talking about how Drew Brees should play for the Cowboys so his son would be proud that he played for a "great" team like the Cowboys instead of the Saints. Seriously, the Saints are better than the Cowboys, but even if they weren't, I would just be proud my dad made it in the NFL. The worst part is that all the people who called into the show agreed with them.

Sometimes I hate where I live.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze
    Notre Dame taking it easy against a high school team this week. T-minus 14 days until we beat Southern Cal...
    Humbug.

@crystalzapdos: I hate where you live too. There, we have something in common.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

That's what happens when you play for one of the most known franchises in the world( only Manchester united is ahead of the cowboys) the pressures and expectations are sooo high. I've lived in Texas and football is EVERYTHING only behind God and if you don't live up to expectations they'll crucify you for it. Besides you're only goods as your last game. That's the rollercoaster that is Tony romo.

Oh my God. The Eagles are worse than I thought.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    I hate Cowboys fans. In week 3, they won and they had no problem with Romo. Then in week 4, they lose and they think the Cowboys should get rid of him. Not to mention some of them are just stupid. The other day I heard two idiots on the radio talking about how Drew Brees should play for the Cowboys so his son would be proud that he played for a "great" team like the Cowboys instead of the Saints. Seriously, the Saints are better than the Cowboys, but even if they weren't, I would just be proud my dad made it in the NFL. The worst part is that all the people who called into the show agreed with them.

Sometimes I hate where I live.
    Drew Brees in Dallas? The Cowboys a great team?

Whatever these guys are smoking, I'd like to know where they got it from.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

All I have to say is whoever that guy who went offsides in the Eagles game is a fucking idiot.

**** yeah Steelers Win 38-17 over Tennesse
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

Another loss... and we play the damn Redskins next week, well at least I don have school tomorrow. I still have faith in Philly though the Patriots started 1-3 ten years ago and they still won the Super Bowl the eagles can comeback I hope.

I'm ashamed to call myself an Eagles fan right now. Between the several turnovers and that bit on the 4th down earlier, or the fact that - just for a little while - it looked like we could have made a comback, I don't what I hate more about that game.

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    I'm ashamed to call myself an Eagles fan right now. Between the several turnovers and that bit on the 4th down earlier, or the fact that - just for a little while - it looked like we could have made a comback, I don't what I hate more about that game.
    Hey it's not over yet give them time, I have a feeling they'll turn it around they just need to learn how to play some damn defense. I thought they'd win that game though I got a little excited in the beginning of the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    All I have to say is whoever that guy who went offsides in the Eagles game is a fucking idiot.
    You mean Jaqua Parker? RAGE!!!!!!

With the Colts and Eagles both losing, my two favorite teams are a combined 1-9... lesson learned. NEVER make your two favorite teams your Super Bowl picks EVER AGAIN!
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    With the Colts and Eagles both losing, my two favorite teams are a combined 1-9... lesson learned. NEVER make your two favorite teams your Super Bowl picks EVER AGAIN!
    You picked the Colts to go to the Super Bowl this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    You picked the Colts to go to the Super Bowl this year?
    Yes, because I wanted a Colts-Eagles Super Bowl, just like every year. Every year, I make a logical and illogical choice. My illogical choice is always Colts Vs. Eagles because they're my two favorite. However, this year, my illogical and logical choices were the same because I thought both would be contenders. After Peyton Manning got hurt, I knew I was screwed. I just didn't anticipate for the Eagles to be this bad.

DId the yankees win?

Page 30 of 264 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast