Page 31 of 256 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 6380

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

  1. #751
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Yes, because I wanted a Colts-Eagles Super Bowl, just like every year. Every year, I make a logical and illogical choice. My illogical choice is always Colts Vs. Eagles because they're my two favorite. However, this year, my illogical and logical choices were the same because I thought both would be contenders. After Peyton Manning got hurt, I knew I was screwed. I just didn't anticipate for the Eagles to be this bad.
    Those are my two favorite teams also, so this season is kind of disappointing.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon2 View Post
    DId the yankees win?
    1. This is the NCAFF/NFL thread. Therefore, that question does not belong here.
    2. There is an MLB thread. Ask all MLB related questions there.
    3. You could've just Googled it...
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon2 View Post
    DId the yankees win?
    No, they lost a while ago.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Time to cheer for the Flyers Philadelphia fans because the Eagles aren't going to the playoffs. They're done this year.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Its TEBOW TIME!!! In Denver. Lol that place goes nuts whenever he comes on the field.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bears319 View Post
    Its TEBOW TIME!!! In Denver. Lol that place goes nuts whenever he comes on the field.
    If Denver had a defense they might have won that game. Bad day for irrational Tebow haters though :P

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    ^ Nope. It's the Tebow lovers that think that they know more than the coaches that are irrational.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    ^ Nope. It's the Tebow lovers that think that they know more than the coaches that are irrational.
    I saw a team that went no-where today with Kyle Pad-my-stats-when-the-game-is-out-of-reach Orton. yet when Tebow came in, they very nearly came back and won that game. It was pretty clear that Tebow inspires the players around him.

    Obviously the coaches thought more of Tebow than Orton when they benched Orton in the middle of the game

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    You saw a team that nearly made a come back but didn't. Orton is an okay QB and is much more prepared than Tebow. Get your bias out of the way. It's fine if the coaches put Tebow in but to claim Tebow is better than Orton is silly. Regardless, the team sucks either way.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    You saw a team that nearly made a come back but didn't. Orton is an okay QB and is much more prepared than Tebow. Get your bias out of the way. It's fine if the coaches put Tebow in but to claim Tebow is better than Orton is silly. Regardless, the team sucks either way.
    Much more prepared? A "much more prepared' QB should not be benched at halftime because he sucked so bad. you don't have to be bias to see that. Sure he has more experience, but that is about it.

    and judging by the responses of the fans (chanting Tebow even at the end of a loss) and things like this:

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=195926&page=2

    Elway may be lynched by angry broncos fans if Orton starts in the next game
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 10th October 2011 at 1:01 AM.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Much more prepared? A "much more prepared' QB should not be benched at halftime because he sucked so bad. you don't have to be bias to see that. Sure he has more experience, but that is about it.
    Prepared as in ready to be an NFL QB. Really, Tebow can have some success early on but he will be figured out by defenses and it doesn't help that his mechanics aren't even all there yet.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Just saw Dungy on Football Night say that the Tim Tebow era in Denver should start now.

    But Dungy doesn't know anything about football does he?

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Just watched Adam Schefter admit on ESPN that the Broncos have given the media something to drool over and debate for the next two weeks. You do realize how this stuff works right?

    Edit: Also, is Dungy is on the Broncos coaching staff? Nope. As I said the Broncos coaching staff can put him in if they want but Tebow right now is the better QB.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 10th October 2011 at 1:21 AM.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Broncos rally behind Tim Tebow, but Chargers win 29-24

    By Mike Klis
    The Denver Post

    All the first half did was prove the fans were correct in believing Broncos head coach John Fox had stayed too long with quarterback Kyle Orton.

    For much of the second half Sunday, fans were shown why Fox hesitated before calling on the alternative.


    But with seemingly no hope of victory and time running down in the fourth quarter? That's when this "Tebow Thing" turned into Tebow Magic. The San Diego Chargers held on for a 29-24 victory at Sports Authority Field at Mile High but not before the Bolts were nearly shocked by the electricity of a Tebow-led Broncos rally.

    For better or worse, the Broncos are on Tebow Time.

    As a passer Tebow clearly needs to get better. As a quarterback, forgive the Broncos' faithful if they know there is worse.

    It's been said before, but maybe Fox and Broncos' football operations boss John Elway need to hear it again: Once you go Tebow, you can't go back. Tebow finished up the miserable 2010 season with three encouraging, if rough performances.

    The Broncos were set to give him the ball from the start this season but a trade that would have sent Orton to the Miami Dolphins on the eve of training camp fell through over contract details.

    Then, when training camp opened, it became apparent Tebow badly missed the offseason instruction he would have ordinarily received had the labor lockout not cancelled minicamps and Organized Team Activities.

    It was decided, rather quickly, that Tebow was not ready. On the Broncos went with Orton, who played well in the preseason but the suffocating Tebow controversy seemed to gradually eat at his confidence. Orton's play was getting worse. He threw three interceptions, including a crucial pick six in a 49-23 blowout loss at Green Bay last week and had an awful 21.0 passer rating at halftime Sunday.

    With the Chargers ahead 23-10 at halftime and the home crowd booing, Fox made the switch. Orton was benched and Tebow was the Broncos' quarterback for the first time since last year's season-ending game against the Chargers. Initially, Tebow had some tough luck as he just missed completing downfield passes to an acrobatic Brandon Lloyd and diving Eric Decker. Then, Tebow started throwing poorly on some passes he should have hit.

    And then Tebow showed there is more to playing quarterback than passing. Down 26-10 with 8:54 remaining and the ball near midfield, the Broncos got back in the game the old-fashioned way. Running back Willis McGahee got 28 of his 125 yards — his third 100-yard rushing performance in four games — on the first play. Tebow took it from there, rushing for 11 yards to the Chargers' 12 yard line, and then running it in from there.

    McGahee then ran in a two-point conversion and even though at that point Tebow was 1 of 5 passing for zero yards, the Broncos had closed the score to 26-18.

    Tebow electrified the crowd and in turn the fans energized the defense. Broncos defensive end Robert Ayers stripped Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers of the ball just before he was about to throw, giving the Broncos the ball at the San Diego 41 with 4:38 remaining. Tebow and McGahee combined for 13 yards on two carries. And then Tebow came through with his first meaningful completion — a screen pass to Knowshon Moreno, who charged ahead for a 28-yard touchdown reception down the right sideline.
    There was bedlam again at Mile High as the Broncos had closed to within 26-24 with 3:19 remaining.

    But, after Denver blew a timeout getting lined up for the 2-point conversion, Tebow's well-thrown fade pattern to Lloyd was batted away.

    San Diego quarterback Phillip Rivers managed to take nearly three minutes off the clock on the Chargers' next drive, eating up the Broncos' timeouts along the way, before settling for what wound up becoming a game-deciding field goal. The field goal by Nick Novak was crucial because even though Tebow had just 24 seconds remaining and 80 yards to go, he completed two long passes to the Chargers' 30. Tebow downed the ball with one second remaining, allowing one last play. Tebow scrambled around as time expired and threw the ball to the right corner of the end zone, where the pass was knocked down.

    The Broncos had lost. But as the fans left for the exits, they chanted: "Tebow! Tebow!"

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    For much of the second half Sunday, fans were shown why Fox hesitated before calling on the alternative.
    Initially, Tebow had some tough luck as he just missed completing downfield passes to an acrobatic Brandon Lloyd and diving Eric Decker. Then, Tebow started throwing poorly on some passes he should have hit.
    at that point Tebow was 1 of 5 passing for zero yards,
    Thanks for making my argument for me.

    Also, his rushing plays: you realize he'll basically end up like Vick if he continues doing that? And you realize that this is a passing league where you win by passing the ball right? Inefficient passing will not win you a Super Bowl or even playoff games.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  16. #766
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Chargers now 4-1 woohoo!

    Pokemon X Round 2


  17. #767
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    And then Tebow came through with his first meaningful completion — a screen pass to Knowshon Moreno, who charged ahead for a 28-yard touchdown reception down the right sideline.
    ------------
    Nice job ignoring the parts of the article that did not help your argument too.
    Point is, the guy is in his second year, he has his good plays, and young mistakes, just as any QB would. The difference is, his flaws are correctable. The intangibles he brings are not teachable however. It was clear that there was another level of energy in that stadium, and that team when he was in.

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  18. #768
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    And then Tebow came through with his first meaningful completion — a screen pass to Knowshon Moreno, who charged ahead for a 28-yard touchdown reception down the right sideline.
    ------------
    Nice job ignoring the parts of the article that did not help your argument too.
    I didn't since it hurts your argument if anything else. He completed 40% of his passes while he was in. Wow. I'm sorry for leaving that detail out.

    Point is, the guy is in his second year, he has his good plays, and young mistakes, just as any QB would. The difference is, his flaws are correctable. The intangibles he brings are not teachable however. It was clear that there was another level of energy in that stadium, and that team when he was in.
    So, you admit that he's not a better QB than Orton is right now? That's what you're saying.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  19. #769
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Broncos aren't winning with Orton, are they? Their expectations of doing anything meaningful this season are low anyway, so they might as well throw Tebow in there to see what he can do.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  20. #770
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    So, you admit that he's not a better QB than Orton is right now? That's what you're saying.

    Ummm....no, and I don't see how you got that out of my post. The team looked lethargic when Orton was in. From watching the game, it appears that the team does not believe in orton

    Broncos aren't making the playoffs anyways, and Orton seems to be regressing, so WTH would you not put in your 1st round draft pick and see what you have in him?

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

  21. #771
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Broncos aren't winning with Orton, are they? Their expectations of doing anything meaningful this season are low anyway, so they might as well throw Tebow in there to see what he can do.
    As I said, I don't care if they put him in. My point was that Tebow isn't better than Orton is right now:

    It's fine if the coaches put Tebow in but to claim Tebow is better than Orton is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Ummm....no, and I don't see how you got that out of my post. The team looked lethargic when Orton was in.
    Point is, the guy is in his second year, he has his good plays, and young mistakes, just as any QB would. The difference is, his flaws are correctable.
    You admit right here that he has flaws and is only in his second year. He's a poor passer and tries to make plays as though he was still playing in college. He is still trying to rework his mechanics of that of a NFL QB. Those are really big flaws if you ask anyone.

    Broncos aren't making the playoffs anyways, and Orton seems to be regressing, so WTH would you not put in your 1st round draft pick and see what you have in him?
    What. It's quite clear that you didn't even understand my original point to begin with.

    It's fine if the coaches put Tebow in but to claim Tebow is better than Orton is silly.

    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

  22. #772
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Broncos aren't winning with Orton, are they? Their expectations of doing anything meaningful this season are low anyway, so they might as well throw Tebow in there to see what he can do.
    That is exactly how this conversation should end. The broncos aren't expected to do much this year anyways. I know the season is still kind of early but there is already huge doubt about the season. Put Tebow in and see what he can do, if that don't work, put in the guy that hasn't said anything ( Brady Quinn) and give him a chance.

  23. #773
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Impel Down
    Posts
    3,001

    Default

    Man, Drew Brees just has that clutch gene. I seriously thought that Carolina was gonna squeak away with that win, but I guess Drew had other plans. Not a nice win, but a win nonetheless.

    Can't until tomorrow morning for 1st and 10. Skip Bayless is gonna go off the wall after that Denver game.
    My deviantArt




    U mad bro?

  24. #774
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    As I said, I don't care if they put him in. My point was that Tebow isn't better than Orton is right now:
    As of right now, I guess you're right, but maybe if he plays more often, he might improve, who knows.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  25. #775
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    As of right now, I guess you're right, but maybe if he plays more often, he might improve, who knows.
    The problem is, John Fox is the coach. he is not one to develop young QBs. The Fox hiring was stupid for Denver

    "What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Page 31 of 256 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •