Page 32 of 260 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Hopefully the Lions will win. GB just came back

Pokemon X Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    The problem is, John Fox is the coach. he is not one to develop young QBs. The Fox hiring was stupid for Denver
    Once again, you bias rears its ugly head. You now automatically think that the John Fox hiring was stupid, just to defend Tebow, a quarterback from Florida. I really wish you could at least TRY to filter all the Florida lovin' coming from you just for a bit, so you can see Rebecca's point.

Personally, I think Tebow is overhyped. Sure, he was a great college QB. But that doesn't mean that he'll be great in the pros. You wanna know some great college quarterbacks? Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell. (etc.) How'd they do in the pros? Perhaps a better comparison for Tebow is running quarterbacks. Antwan Randle El, Brad Smith, and Pat White were all good running quarterbacks in college. They ended up as wide receivers in the NFL. And even running quarterbacks that make it to the NFL as quarterbacks, like Vince Young and Eric Couch, generally don't do well.

Plus, Tebow's accuracy is shoddy at best. Last season, Tebow's completion percentage was 50%. This year, it's around 40%. That's atrocious for a starting quarterback in the NFL. One of the reasons why his accuracy is so bad was that he ran the ball so much in college. Sure, it helped Florida win two National Championships, but running quarterbacks usually have no success in the NFL, with the exception of a few.

In fact, this running tendency has actually carried over into the pros for Tebow. Last year, he had more rushing touchdowns than passing touchdowns. That is not the formula for a great NFL quarterback. Michael Vick only became a bonafide superstar last year because he learned to be a better pocket passer.

Not to mention that his throwing mechanics are despicable. Once again, it may have worked in college, but you can't get away with that in the pros. His release isn't fast enough, and that's going to cost him when he needs to get the ball off during the blitz.

The one thing that I will give Tebow is that he's a good leader. He knows how to motivate the people around him almost as well as a Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. But there's a huge difference between Tebow and a Brees/Manning. Tebow can't throw the ball accurately. If he would learn to not run the ball so much, or fix his mechanics, he could be decent. But even that's a stretch.

People are kidding themselves if they think that Tebow is the quarterback of the future for the Broncos' franchise. I think that he would be much better suited as a slot receiver because of his size. (6'3" 236 lbs.) His speed would be below average, but I'm pretty sure that he'd be a good route runner.

In conclusion, you have to stop showing so much bias if people are going to take you seriously. Personally, I like Tim Tebow. But I'm realistic with my expectations for him as an NFL quarterback. He has done nothing to blow anyone away so far, and until he does, the above will be my opinion.

*rant over*
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I think there's an actual basis for his John Fox statement. Neither Fox nor Elway chose Tebow and McDaniels isn't there anymore so it's probably bad luck on Tebow's part to be there. He also has that frst round stigma. I really think he can be a successful QB with some hard work but it's just an opinion so it's whatever.

I feel silly for overreacting over a simple disagreement and I apologize to TheWatersGreatGuardian for it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Nice try Falcons

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Nice try Falcons
    Yea, they looked good and I thought they had a chance... but then the Packers turned into the Packers and came back.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Saints are sitting pretty atop the NFC South now. Maybe next time Atlanta.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Hmmm, Chiefs win today. I thought we might be heading for a repeat of the first two weeks when the Colts jumped out to 17-0. That TD catch by Bowe was pretty wild.

I was thinking, after the game. The Chiefs records is 2-3. You know whose record is also 2-3?

The Jets.

If you would've told me the Chiefs and Jets would've had to same record after what I saw after week 2, I would've thought you were totally insane.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Finally, a win that means something. I know we had the advantage according to the spread, but I've seen a ton of people choosing the Titans over us. It feels good to have an annihilating win.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Wow! I was a little scared last night, but the Packers pulled through! I hope that Chad Clifton is ok! I hope that the others are healthy soon!

This had been an exciting week or football so far! I hope that the game tonight is good too! I'm surprised that the Colts have been doing so bad, same with the Falcons . I know that Peyton Manning is injured, but they still haven't won yet? They're relying on him a little to much then, I would say! I'm not sure what is up with the Falcons .

I think that it's a little too early for Super Bowl predictions, so I'll make mine later!

I'll have to check my Fantasy Football Teams on www.nfl.com soon!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Steelers looking good, we need to keep the momentum
    San Fran 4-1 :O
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

I can't tell you how much easier it is to watch the Pack with Rodgers than with Favre. The guy just doesn't make bad decisions, and I actually give Atlanta credit for their defensive play Sunday night. Although it's clear now they were more than just a piece away from the Super Bowl, they gave us a run for our money and it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they were able to sneak into the playoffs at 10-6.

Since we seem to have a few Philly fans in here, I ask you this: Where will the Eagles be selecting in the 2012 NFL draft? Top 5? Top 10? The team is a mess at this point, and I just don't see them being able to salvage anything more than 8-8 at this point. Remember, they still have both Dallas and Washington twice, as well as the Jets and the Pats. Right now I'd see them somewhere in the 10th-15th pick range.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

Tebow is officially the starter for the Broncos for their next game according to ESPN. Not bothered by the move. It is basically going to be a home game for him anyway with Miami celebrating a Florida national championship. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprintking View Post
    Since we seem to have a few Philly fans in here, I ask you this: Where will the Eagles be selecting in the 2012 NFL draft? Top 5? Top 10? The team is a mess at this point, and I just don't see them being able to salvage anything more than 8-8 at this point. Remember, they still have both Dallas and Washington twice, as well as the Jets and the Pats. Right now I'd see them somewhere in the 10th-15th pick range.
    If they beat the Redskins on Sunday, I think they would be able to get 9-10 wins. If they do beat Washington, it would mean that they have worked out their defensive problems.

I don't really see anything wrong with the Eagles' offense, and Vick just had a few problems against the Bills, which hopefully won't happen again. The main problem is the run defense, and if they can fix the defense, they should win a lot more games.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    If they do beat Washington, it would mean that they have worked out their defensive problems.
    What the hell is this? The Redskins are 22nd in points, 15th in total yards, and 19th in total pass yards. That 8th ranking in rush yards isn't legitimate. They ran against the 21st rank Giants, 19th rank Cardinals, and 32nd rank Rams. The game against the 1st ranks Cowboys? Less than 100 yards rushing. All it would mean is they beat an over-achieving team.

So I'm part of a movement to troll the College GameDay Facebook page to try to get them to go to South Bend for the ND-U$C game next weekend...

I have claimed Giratina

Derrick Mason dealt to the Texans, Kerley showed his worth

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePorygon View Post
    Derrick Mason dealt to the Texans, Kerley showed his worth
    This coming the day after Rex Ryan said that he could still help the team... and then they trade him away for a conditional 7th round pick. Anyone else confused by this?

Quite a critical game for my Bucs coming up, about as much as they get this season, anyway. Would be nice if they at least stay in the game this time, unlike their blowout against the 49'ers.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    This coming the day after Rex Ryan said that he could still help the team... and then they trade him away for a conditional 7th round pick. Anyone else confused by this?
    He did it to send a message to the players. Holmes didn't get that message.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post...t-invites-five

Big East set to expand, inviting Boise State and Air Force in football, as well as Houston, SMU, and my UCF Knights in all sports. If all of them come in, the buyout for current teams would be doubled to $10 million.

Every indication so far is that UCF is all aboard, which I certainly approve of, mainly because we'll be joining in all sports. If this was purely a debate between BE football and the proposed CUSA/MWC merger, it would be more of a toss-up, but the exposure BE basketball gets is enough for me. The idea of a 22 team football conference is a bit ridiculous to me, and I don't see the practicality of it. I realize I pretty much wrote off the Big East when Syracuse and Pitt left, but I never considered Boise being brought in. Don't like the Broncos one bit, but they're the best football product available for the BE, and will definitely help with national perception. Them, coupled with three top 25 capable teams and a service academy is making the best out of an awful situation.

Now, if WVU/Louisville leave for the Big 12, or UCONN/Rutgers to the ACC, this will be really be for nothing, but the Big East's AQ status is through 2013, and in all likelihood will be there through 2015 due to a 2 year grace period in their contract. It has been said BSU, UCF, and AFA could join as early as next year, giving them possibly 3 years in an AQ conference, which I see as a good enough reason to give it a chance, as a UCF fan.

They didn't invite Navy? SMH. Makes more sense than the AFA.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    They didn't invite Navy? SMH. Makes more sense than the AFA.
    An earlier update said they were to receive a football bid, but Andy Katz didn't mention them, instead saying SMU and Houston were getting in.

The earlier story:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post...-plans-invites

When do the Packers and Lions play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thedehydrator View Post
    When do the Packers and Lions play?
    Soon i think, hit it up on www.nfl.com
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

Thanksgiving IIRC.

EDIT: Yep. Also Packers have to travel to San Diego after their bye and host the slightly resurgent Bucs. Lions have to host the 4-1 49ers and Falcons (still a dangerous team) in the next two weeks.
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 15th October 2011 at 8:58 PM.

I have claimed Giratina

Page 32 of 260 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast