Page 65 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 6371

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Chargers' time was 2006-07, back when LT was the leading rusher in the league and before Shawne Merriman slid off. I'm not sold that Norv Turner can win without tallent.

And I'm pretty sure the Colts are losing on purpose now to secure the #1 pick. There seems to be zero motivation there; pretty much every game they just go belly-up
    There is no motivation there, their management is about as terrible as it gets now. Idk if they're PURPOSELY losing, but they surely arent trying to make things any better :/. I mean, dare i say it, but being a colts fan it's kinda hard to miss the fact that they just stopped caring after manning was sure to not play. They should at LEAST have 1 win judging by some of the teams they've played and how close some of their games were if they actually tried to improve and fix things, but obviously that isn't happening

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    There is no motivation there, their management is about as terrible as it gets now. Idk if they're PURPOSELY losing, but they surely arent trying to make things any better :/. I mean, dare i say it, but being a colts fan it's kinda hard to miss the fact that they just stopped caring after manning was sure to not play. They should at LEAST have 1 win judging by some of the teams they've played and how close some of their games were if they actually tried to improve and fix things, but obviously that isn't happening
    Yes, i totally agree. They should at least win against someone in their last 3 games ( Titans, Texans, Jaguars )
    They are most likely to win against the Titans, if not the Jaguars.
    My point is, the colts are trying their best, they should at least win one game.

I am a New York Giant fan (I Live in New York)
    I have to say tonights game can really help us in getting into the playoffs

Winning 13-9. To KC.

Well.... a win is a win, I guess.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Man. Saints are having a monster game again. Looking pretty good right now.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Wow, the Giants got destroyed. At least the Cowboys are first in the NFC East right now, and I really hope Ware somehow manages to break Bruce Smith's single season sack record, then he'll truly be the beast of the NFC East.

Nice game by the Saints. That offense looked amazing to watch. Seems like they score whenever they want to.

Got another primetime game against Detroit coming with the added bonus of being a home game. Hoping we get the same kind of output against them too.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

The Saints won't need the same kind of output since Suh won't be paying. They should win handily.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

My home team, the Giants......i cannot belive the season is slipping away.....but i still have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by takbir10 View Post
    My home team, the Giants......i cannot belive the season is slipping away.....but i still have faith.
    The Cowboys have an easier schedule coming up, but that includes two games against the Giants. If the Giants can beat them twice, they have a good shot at winning the division.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Watch out Packers fans. The Saints are A-MAZ-ING!

They're one of the few teams better than Pittsburgh right now *And you know coming from me that's HUGE praise!*

Speaking of which the Top Five teams to me now are: *In order*

Green Bay *Durr*
    New Orleans *Sweet Buddha they're amazing!*
    Baltimore *Oh how it pains me to type this...*
    Pittsburgh *Little shakey but still*
    New England *Tom Brady is playing like... well.. Tom Brady finnally!*
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    The Cowboys have an easier schedule coming up, but that includes two games against the Giants. If the Giants can beat them twice, they have a good shot at winning the division.
    It's the NFL. When you think you have everything figured out, it finds a way to flip itself upside-down. Who knows, the Giants could wind up handing Green Bay their first loss and the Cowboys could lose to Arizona.

That Arizona game is going to be a close one, especially when it comes to special teams seeing as how the Cards have Patrick Peterson who is essentially Devin Hester Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack29 View Post
    Watch out Packers fans. The Saints are A-MAZ-ING!
    Been there, done that on national television

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I jinxed myself, i should start doing that more.
    Apparantly today they released their defensive coordinator and signed Mike Murphy as the fill in. Also, Painter is going to see his wonderful bench again as they're starting Orlvosky this week. Granted, they're going to need a lot more to beat the patriots, but at least it might be 63-14 instead of 70-7 lol
    Last edited by Bestgamepearl; 29th November 2011 at 11:12 PM.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Been there, done that on national television
    Your point is moot bro. Week 1 is a different ballgame than January. Call me when/if the Pack beat New Orleans. Take the '07 Pats, '04 Steelers or '10 Falcons for example: Don't count your eggs before they hatch.
    My Pokemon

It's ok bro. We were in your situation in '05. What happened next? SB XL. Heck weren't y'all in this hole in '08? I wouldn't lose any sleep whatsoever.
    My Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    ^Things are getting worse and worse for the Giants. Here's why:

If the Cowboys can beat the Cardinals this coming Sunday and Green Bay beats the Giants, That will put the Giants two games back from the Cowboys. This makes the upcoming game (Giants @ Cowboys) a pseudo-elimination game for the Giants. (because chances are the Giants will probably not catch up to the Cowboys if they lose to them, as they will have obtained 7 losses already at this point, the Cowboys would have 9 wins.) Basically, if the Giants get to 7 losses and the Cowboys get to 10 wins the Cowboys will clinch the division.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post

If the Cowboys can beat the Cardinals this coming Sunday and Green Bay beats the Giants, That will put the Giants two games back from the Cowboys. This makes the upcoming game (Giants @ Cowboys) a pseudo-elimination game for the Giants. (because chances are the Giants will probably not catch up to the Cowboys if they lose to them, as they will have obtained 7 losses already at this point, the Cowboys would have 9 wins.) Basically, if the Giants get to 7 losses and the Cowboys get to 10 wins the Cowboys will clinch the division.
    I agree. If the Giants even lose one game to the Cowboys, they are probably done. The Cowboys can beat every team they face from now on (they might have trouble against New York and Philly), but the Giants schedule is slightly harder.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

I'm basically one of the biggest Giant fans in my school.

I've watched as much as every game as I possibly could (only missing parts of games due to my real-life baseball games), and once the Giants beat the Patriots in Foxborough the season should have been a joyride from there. After beating New England, Giants should have had all the confidence in the world and cruised (or, to word it more quirkily, "Cruz'ed") to an easy playoff spot.

Unfortunately, as Giant history shows, the Giants always beat the teams they shouldn't and lose to teams they should crush. That's basically a good summation for the season.

With their backs against the wall and Green Bay taking it easy, I believe the Giants will get this win as long as the team decides to get angry and show up and NOT look like their aunt just died on the sidelines like they usually do.

(I actually cried myself to sleep last night because of that horrible loss. Ugh. :/)

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    (I actually cried myself to sleep last night because of that horrible loss. Ugh. :/)
    Reminds me of the aftermath of SB45. Nearly cried myself. Forunatly my gramps *a die-hard cheesehead* didn't lay it on me hard. Now we just joke about it.
    My Pokemon

Post Wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post

Yes, but then again the Dallas can loose and NY can win, and then the Game would most likely determine who wins the division, and then there is the other games so.......yeah, anything can happen.

Wait but its the Packers, so we lost.But that doesn't mean the cowboys cant lose

Giants still have a shot, albeit small. They play Dallas twice and if they win twice they own the tiebreaker, provided they don't lose any other games other than against the Packers.

Most people have the idea that Romo and the 'Boys will choke in December/January like they usually do, although history says that the second half of the season is usually not the Giants strong suit.

So if that holds true, the Giants could still get in.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Yes, but then again the Dallas can loose and NY can win, and then the Game would most likely determine who wins the division, and then there is the other games so.......yeah, anything can happen.
    Wait but its the Packers, so we lost.But that doesn't mean the cowboys cant lose
    Stop Double Posting.
    And chances are, the Giants will lose this upcoming game. If the Giants want a sure fire way into getting in the playoffs, they should win out.
    If they lose against the Packers and the Cowboys win, this makes life harder for the Giants, as they would almost HAVE to sweep the Cowboys inorder to get some sort of lead.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Giants still have a shot, albeit small. They play Dallas twice and if they win twice they own the tiebreaker, provided they don't lose any other games other than against the Packers.

Most people have the idea that Romo and the 'Boys will choke in December/January like they usually do, although history says that the second half of the season is usually not the Giants strong suit.

So if that holds true, the Giants could still get in.
    I agree, small.

The Cowboys haven't choked yet (although they showed signs of it Thanksgiving, lucky they withheld that). If the Cowboys can play smart football, they are near unbeatable I believe (considering the mass amount of talent on both sides of the ball they have compared to the rest of the teams in the NFC East)
    oopsie

No doubt that Dallas has talent, but as last year proved, they sometimes don't play to that level. They are notorious for believing that all they have to do is show up and they win just cause "Hey, We're the Cowboys". It never is a lock with them and I think that their division will come down to the wire.

But, if the Giants hit 7 losses they are done. So right now it's the Cowboy's division to lose.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Page 65 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast