Page 67 of 264 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 6600

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    But you're also proud because of the Cardinals.
    Good point, we are the champions in that sport
    But still, can't win em all it seems
    Last edited by ShadowKyogre443; 2nd December 2011 at 11:08 PM.

Happy birthday to Aaron Rodgers, that guy is beast, he will break Tom Brady's record this seaseon (50 TD passes)

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    *God

And yes, the Seahawks win was predictable. It just seemed right, given their other defeats of the Giants and Ravens this year. The Eagles have simply given up haha. I hate those jerks.

And I just want to say this: The Giants will beat the Green Bay Packers. That is all.
    The Eagles are done, though. There's no way that they'll win the NFC East division since the Cowboys and Giants had better records to reach the treasure, plus the Falcons, Bears, Lions, Giants (again), and Seahawks (probably, but their chance is slim) had a better record to reach a wild card spot. Better luck next year, Eagles.

Look back a few pages for an explanation of why it is ignorant to make fun of the Eagles for being a "dream team."
    No, it's not ignorant to make fun of the Eagles for being a "dream team". Just because they're a "dream team", doesn't mean that they'll always win back to back games. Besides, people have the right to make fun of a team. It doesn't count as being "ignorant" to make fun of the Eagles when other people make fun of other team like the Eagles. JFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchan View Post
    No, it's not ignorant to make fun of the Eagles for being a "dream team". Just because they're a "dream team", doesn't mean that they'll always win back to back games. Besides, people have the right to make fun of a team. It doesn't count as being "ignorant" to make fun of the Eagles when other people make fun of other team like the Eagles. JFC.
    ... What? The Eagles are not a dream team, that label was given to them by back up quarterback Vince Young, who really didn't have the authority to speak for the entire team.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

... What? The Eagles are not a dream team, that label was given to them by back up quarterback Vince Young, who really didn't have the authority to speak for the entire team.
    Oh, sorry, I thought you were defending team. It's just that some Eagles fans considered them as a "Dream Team", still. Non-Eagles fans like me only used the term to mock the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchan View Post
    Oh, sorry, I thought you were defending team. It's just that some Eagles fans considered them as a "Dream Team", still. Non-Eagles fans like me only used the term to mock the team.
    I am an Eagles fan, but I'm also an Eagles fan who can face reality. The Eagles do suck right now, but they were never considered a dream team. Vince Young was the one who used that label, and then the media started to hype the Eagles up based on a back up QB's comments, which doesn't make sense to me.

I am an Eagles fan, but I'm also an Eagles fan who can face reality. The Eagles do suck right now, but they were never considered a dream team. Vince Young was the one who used that label, and then the media started to hype the Eagles up based on a back up QB's comments, which doesn't make sense to me.
    Yeah, you got to be careful what you're saying to hype up the media, though. Too much media hype and your team is done (not always to some teams).

The Eagles are a great team, IMO. They would've had a decent or better record if they didn't hype up the media. But like I said, they'll have better luck next year, as long as the media doesn't ride their coattails.

Quote Originally Posted by takbir10 View Post
    Happy birthday to Aaron Rodgers, that guy is beast, he will break Tom Brady's record this seaseon (50 TD passes)
    Statistically, he has to put up just over 3 TDs per game, so it's possible, but if he gets rested near the ned of the season he may not

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

UGA got killed in the SECCG. As a bitter Florida fan this makes me very happy.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Do the Jaguars have a new coach yet?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    UGA got killed in the SECCG. As a bitter Florida fan this makes me very happy.
    Well Georgia owned them for the first half, until Honey Badger started to do his thing.

As for Florida....

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Do the Jaguars have a new coach yet?
    Nope. Most head coaches aren't hired until after the season anyway. People kinda want to at least finish the season before they take a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluePorygon View Post
    Statistically, he has to put up just over 3 TDs per game, so it's possible, but if he gets rested near the ned of the season he may not
    I don't see him getting benched. This Packers team has been in a rhythm for about a year now where every game they treat it like it's they playoffs and go hard. I've also felt that a lot of Peyton Manning's playoff struggles were attributed to him taking week 17 off. And their last two games are against the Bears and Lions at home. Even if they drop a game beforehand, no way Packer Nation would accept a loss against those two.
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 4th December 2011 at 7:30 AM.

I have claimed Giratina

Wow, I don't remember the championship weekend being so un-dramatic.

I can't believe Houston bombed so bad. If I'd only seen the score, I would've assumed the opposite winner of what had occured. During the highlights, they showed a reporter telling the USM coach that he cost the conference a lot of money. I'm usually fairly polite, but I think I'd have told that report to shut up.

I thought the call (running into kicker) at the end of the Big 10 championship was lame. I get that penalty when they get hammered, but it seems stupid when they just kind of fall down. The announcers pointed out the punters are coached to act so they draw the penalty- that seems like the equivalent of saying they're coached to cheat (at hurt/hit when they really aren't).

Oklahoma State's performance was certainly glorious tonight- I loved it all. If they wanted to get into the championship game, that's exactly what they had to do. Although Gundy's little speech afterward was lame (he basically said vote for OSU I you want to see a high scorig game, and Alabama for a low scoring one); the voters should vote for the top two teams, regardless of what kind of matchup they want to see.

So anyway, who do you guys want to see in the championship game? I'm thinking LSU and Alabama still seem like the best two, so I'm hoping they get in, but I wouldn't be outraged if it ended up being OSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    And I just want to say this: The Giants will beat the Green Bay Packers. That is all.
    You know, that thought crossed my mind as well. Seems like the Packers could have a letdown, and the Giants a 'letup'
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I'm glad Clemson finally got it together and won the ACC!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Wow, I don't remember the championship weekend being so un-dramatic.

I can't believe Houston bombed so bad. If I'd only seen the score, I would've assumed the opposite winner of what had occured. During the highlights, they showed a reporter telling the USM coach that he cost the conference a lot of money. I'm usually fairly polite, but I think I'd have told that report to shut up.

I thought the call (running into kicker) at the end of the Big 10 championship was lame. I get that penalty when they get hammered, but it seems stupid when they just kind of fall down. The announcers pointed out the punters are coached to act so they draw the penalty- that seems like the equivalent of saying they're coached to cheat (at hurt/hit when they really aren't).

Oklahoma State's performance was certainly glorious tonight- I loved it all. If they wanted to get into the championship game, that's exactly what they had to do. Although Gundy's little speech afterward was lame (he basically said vote for OSU I you want to see a high scorig game, and Alabama for a low scoring one); the voters should vote for the top two teams, regardless of what kind of matchup they want to see.

So anyway, who do you guys want to see in the championship game? I'm thinking LSU and Alabama still seem like the best two, so I'm hoping they get in, but I wouldn't be outraged if it ended up being OSU.
    You know, that thought crossed my mind as well. Seems like the Packers could have a letdown, and the Giants a 'letup'
    Gundy basically called out SEC defenses there. If he thinks he is going to have a high scoring game against LSU's defense....LOL

and kaiser soze, I will give Weis a pass this year. He is trying to run a pro style offense with the leftovers of Meyer's spread.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 4th December 2011 at 5:55 PM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

No, he called out offense of Alabama and LSU who can't do **** against each other.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

And there it is, Gang Green wins again

7-5 for the season, got a somewhat easy schedule remaining, only real challenges coming from the Giants, and maybe the Eagles if they can pull their heads out of their asses.

I'm banking on an 11-5 season, good playoff hopes. Doubt we'll catch New England, so the Wild Card is our best chance.

The only possible losses for New England are the Bills and the Broncos. Bills only because the Bills won at home in Week 3, and the Broncos if Tebow keeps playing the way he's playing.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    And there it is, Gang Green wins again

7-5 for the season, got a somewhat easy schedule remaining, only real challenges coming from the Giants, and maybe the Eagles if they can pull their heads out of their asses.

I'm banking on an 11-5 season, good playoff hopes. Doubt we'll catch New England, so the Wild Card is our best chance.

The only possible losses for New England are the Bills and the Broncos. Bills only because the Bills won at home in Week 3, and the Broncos if Tebow keeps playing the way he's playing.
    You don't know s**t about the Jets, they are inconsistent, they could win the next five or lose the next five.

The Pats? They looked pathetic finishing the game today and don't forget Washington, they're not pushovers

10-14 Packers so far.
    Tim Tebow FTW, he is my new favorite QB

You don't know s**t about the Jets, they are inconsistent, they could win the next five or lose the next five.

The Pats? They looked pathetic finishing the game today and don't forget Washington, they're not pushovers
    I know, the Jets struggle early game, and pull it out of their asses by the third/fourth quarter.

But hey, a win is a win.

As for Washington, at 4-8, after blowing it against the Jets in the fourth with a fumble and a turnover, I know New England will dominate.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    I know, the Jets struggle early game, and pull it out of their asses by the third/fourth quarter.

But hey, a win is a win.

As for Washington, at 4-8, after blowing it against the Jets in the fourth with a fumble and a turnover, I know New England will dominate.
    Lol the Pats barely beat Indy, you can never be sure.

Any team can win against any team any given Sunday. ~ Matthew Slater

well atleast painter is gone now and they put up some kind of a fight in the 1st and 4th quarter against the pats. Idk if anyone saw Orlovsky's stats, but 30 for 37 with 353 passing yards, 2 TD's. Not too bad for a first start this season lol, but they still lost :/ Also, this is an interesting game with the packs and giants
    Last edited by BGP_; 5th December 2011 at 12:07 AM.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    well atleast painter is gone now and they put up some kind of a fight in the 1st and 4th quarter against the pats. Idk if anyone saw Orlovsky's stats, but 30 for 37 with 353 passing yards, 2 TD's. Not too bad for a first start this season lol, but they still lost :/ Also, this is an interesting game with the packs and giants
    Again the Patriots pass D gets destroyed.

Again the Patriots pass D gets destroyed.
    Well yea, but it's not that bad for his first game all year lol

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    Well yea, but it's not that bad for his first game all year lol
    True but he's passing against Edelman and Slater, both WRs lol

Packers won again. At the very end I thought the game would go into overtime, but I guess the Packers are better than I thought.

Anyway, the Cowboys also lost so the Giants still have a playoff chance.

Page 67 of 264 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast