Page 70 of 248 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 6194

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    They could be. Right now the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Texans, Packers, Saints and 49ers are the only teams with a better record. A case could be made that the 7-5 Broncos could also be up there, since the other teams with the same record aren't clearly better. Even if they're not, they're certainly close, I don't see why you think he was joking.
    Because they haven't shown themselves to be. They've been mediocre competition and started out 1-5. Their defense has certainty stepped up in the last few weeks but they aren't in the top 10. Over their six game win streak, they've beaten mediocre teams and were beaten badly by the Lions. Many of those games were won in the last minute as well. Tebow is comparable to the Wild Cat from a few years ago right now. Packers, Steelers, Saints, Texans, Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Falcons, Bengals, 49ers, and Titans. At least 10 of those are better than them. You can argue whether or not the Bengals and Titans are though.

Bears are pretty much done, especially because Forte got injured as well, but Houston has been doing great. I don't know exactly when Schaub was injured, but they're winning without him, aren't they?
    Yeah but without Schaub I'm hard pressed to see them winning the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Now you're pretty much contradicting yourself.
    Show me where instead of just stating it?

All you have done is state that there is no parity in the NFL, but you have yet to provide solid evidence while those opposite of you have repeatedly brought evidence to support their arguments.
    This is why I'm pretty much contradicting myself? As I already stated, parity can't exist in a passing league where Quarterbacks aren't on relatively similar grounds. Most teams don't have reliable QB and they lack anything like the 49ers to support their average QB. This is a fact. That's why people put so much emphasis on the QB position because if you don't have a reliable one you can't win long term. Look at the past Super Bowl champions and what do they have in common? All had pretty damn good Quarterbacks.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39020280/ns/sports-nfl/

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ty-cover_N.htm

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...finally!).html

A year or two old but there aren't articles on NFL parity every week sadly.

And while the Packers are without a doubt better than the Jags, Jacksonville is superior to Green Bay for pretty much everything else (unless you're a cheese-maker). Florida winter >>>>>>>>Wisconsin winter.
    If the fans don't support the team then it doesn't matter whose winter is better since the team will just move out of there just like the Jaguars are going to because Jacksonville doesn't support them at all. Location has to do more than whether or not a city is in the North or South. Really now. There's a reason why no one is lining up to go to Jacksonville.

Also, Florida has no state income tax, which is a big deal when you make millions (case in point: a factor in LeBron's decision to go to Miami instead of New York). On paper, Jacksonville would have a significant leg up over Green Bay in the Free Agency game.
    Except the Jaguars are proving otherwise. Last I checked, Green Bay was never in danger of having their team leave because of lack of fan support. Also, the biggest factor to Lebron's decision was that Wade was staying in Miami and that Bosh was going. It's hilarious how people are trying to bring up Jacksonville as a reason why location isn't important especially when they disregard the fact that I also mentioned that management was important. Sure Jacksonville is pretty but its fans suck and that's why the Jags are probably going to move.

Also, don't forget that 22 NFL teams (2/3 of the league) had a fair shot at picking Rogers before Green Bay did. And Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. They very well could have played for some other franchise and have made them great, but they passed on them.
    Management's fault? There's a chance that we'd probably be talking about how bad the Patriots and Packers are without them. Remember now, the Patriots coach was nothing before he had Brady. I don't know what else you want me to say to this. I've already stated that Quarterbacks are the most important position in the league and that they can make or break teams.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 7th December 2011 at 10:30 PM.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Because they haven't shown themselves to be. They've been mediocre competition and started out 1-5. Their defense has certainty stepped up in the last few weeks but they aren't in the top 10. Over their six game win streak, they've beaten mediocre teams and were beaten badly by the Lions. Many of those games were won in the last minute as well. Tebow is comparable to the Wild Cat from a few years ago right now. Packers, Steelers, Saints, Texans, Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Falcons, Bengals, 49ers, and Titans. At least 10 of those are better than them. You can argue whether or not the Bengals and Titans are though.
    I find Dallas the most overrated team in football, to be honest. Denver might be facing subpar teams, but at least they beat them. Dallas' loss to Arizona really sticks out, and they barely beat Miami and Wahington. I don't see how they're better than Denver. I think they're about the same.

Yeah but without Schaub I'm hard pressed to see them winning the Super Bowl.
    Sure, but that could be said for any team, really, maybe even Green Bay. Houston is nowhere near "done" yet.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I find Dallas the most overrated team in football, to be honest. Denver might be facing subpar teams, but at least they beat them. Dallas' loss to Arizona really sticks out, and they barely beat Miami and Wahington. I don't see how they're better than Denver. I think they're about the same.

Sure, but that could be said for any team, really, maybe even Green Bay. Houston is nowhere near "done" yet.
    I really don't see Denver going far. I want to see how they fare versus the Patriots before jumping to conclusions though.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

I don't know what's into you, but what I tell you is that there was Tebow Hour on ESPN today.@thewatersgreat guardian.

Pokemon X Round 2

All of the power to you if you do find them overrated. Denver is still a far cry from actually being able to do something in the playoffs and I still believe that Dallas is better.

Because it's true for just about and and every team including Green Bay. Unless the back-up Quarterback of a team is somehow just as good as their starter, they probably won't be getting too far. Especially in the case of the Texans where they lost their Running back and their primary receiver are injured. Well, the receiver got re-injured but he's day-to-day.

All of the power to you if you do find them overrated. Denver is still a far cry from actually being able to do something in the playoffs and I still believe that Dallas is better.
    I don't see what Dallas has that Denver doesn't, really.

Because it's true for just about and and every team including Green Bay. Unless the back-up Quarterback of a team is somehow just as good as their starter, they probably won't be getting too far. Especially in the case of the Texans where they lost their Running back and their primary receiver are injured. Well, the receiver got re-injured but he's day-to-day.
    I still believe Houston can go far without their quarterback. They've been winning games, and that's all that matters. Teams can win a Superbowl without a decent quarterback. Sure, he might be the most critical player for most teams, but if teams can win without one, then they don't have to worry about him being injured. If a team has a great running/defense combination, they don't need a good quarterback.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I am so excited. K-State is in a BCS Bowl game! First time in it seems like forever. (Oh, and I wouldn't be so excited if the Chiefs weren't so riddled with injuries that they are looking at like 3rd or 4th string people, sometimes even the practice squad.)
    if youve never heard of lebanon kansas learn the name

HG FC- 0261 1686 4446

Black FC- 0518 7584 9410

Gen VI FC: 1049-0257-8808

Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?

Clickee for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    I don't know what's into you, but what I tell you is that there was Tebow Hour on ESPN today.@thewatersgreat guardian.
    Yeah thats a little much.
    i still think you overreacted though.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Spoiler:- Last times:

So I predicted every game using ESPN, and heres what I got.

NFC

1. Packers 16-0 (No losses, really believe they're capable of being all time greats)

2. 49ers 13-3 (1 loss to the Steelers)

3. Saints 13-3 (No more losses, getting hot at the right time)

4. New York (4 game win streak and sweeps Dallas)

5. Atlanta 10-6 (1 loss to the Saints)

6. Lions 10-6 (1 loss to the Packers)

AFC

1. Steelers 13-3 (They win out, even after getting swept by Baltimore)

2. Patriots 12-4 (1 loss to... The Broncos. Hear me out, Tebow can get into a shoot out. He did it with a better defense in Minnesota, and the Denver defense has been great)

3. Houston 12-4 (1 loss to the Bengals)

4. Denver 11-5 (Win out)

5. Baltimore 12-4 (1 loss to the Bengals)

6. Bengals (win out)

Playoffs

Wild Card

Bengals over Houston- Losing Schaub AND Johnson will be too much.

Baltimore over Denver- Miracle has to end. Tebow will cry after a game with 2 rushing TDs and 5 picks.

New Orleans over Detroit- Already happened this year, can't see it happening any differently

New York over Atlanta- Playing in New York is tough. Even for the Packers.

Divisional

Steelers over Bengals- Sorry Dalton, time for the big boys to take over. Rothelisberger throws 5 TDs in an unremarkably 1 sided match.

Ravens over Patriots- Sorry that Defense needs some fixing.

Green-bay over New York- If they can't beat them at Metlife, they sure as hell won't beat em in Lambeau.

New Orleans over San Francisco- Like last years Falcons, they're 1 and done.

Championship

Ravens over Steelers- Steelers cant seem to beat Baltimore this year.

Green Bay over New Orleans- May be the offensive match of the century. Both teams playing for their second superbowl in 3 years. Predict a high score as both teams are capable of running the ball and throwing. 52-49 packers. Unbelievable game despite the weather.

Superbowl

Packers over Ravens- Finally those Miami Dolphins can shut the hell up. Ravens Defense doesn't let Rodgers have an amazing game. 4 TDs 3 INTS. Flacco gets picked off on the last meaningful play of the game by Charles Woodson who picks up the superbowl MVP award.

agree with everything except tebow crying. I think he has matured a bit from college. I do think that if denver makes it, they get knocked out in the first round though. What Tebow is doing there is great, I am just not sure if he can do it against a defense like the ravens yet. I do disagree with 5 picks, if there is one thing I have seen this year, when tebow has been allowed to throw, he does not make the stupid pass you expect from a guy who hasn't played a full season
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 8th December 2011 at 4:14 AM.

I don't see what Dallas has that Denver doesn't, really.
    A better Quarterback, better receivers?

I still believe Houston can go far without their quarterback. They've been winning games, and that's all that matters. Teams can win a Superbowl without a decent quarterback. Sure, he might be the most critical player for most teams, but if teams can win without one, then they don't have to worry about him being injured. If a team has a great running/defense combination, they don't need a good quarterback.
    I made a mistkae in my last post. Their RB isn't injured. I remembered incorrectly there. :3 I agree with the last sentence. I disagree that they don't need to worry that their most critical player is injured. He's the most critical player on the Texans and his loss will impact them.

A better Quarterback, better receivers?

I made a mistkae in my last post. Their RB isn't injured. I remembered incorrectly there. :3 I agree with the last sentence. I disagree that they don't need to worry that their most critical player is injured. He's the most critical player on the Texans and his loss will impact them.
    I would agree with this. Tebow is still developing and he hardly has any weapons on that team other than decker.

^ Dumping off screens to Moreno and Mcgeehee?

Pokemon X Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas_Rocks! View Post
    I am so excited. K-State is in a BCS Bowl game! First time in it seems like forever. (Oh, and I wouldn't be so excited if the Chiefs weren't so riddled with injuries that they are looking at like 3rd or 4th string people, sometimes even the practice squad.)
    Lol @ The Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    ^ Dumping off screens to Moreno and Mcgeehee?
    haha he really doesn't have weapons, Thomas is decent but still, he's a good leader but not an amazing QB or anything people think he is, because I'm not buying him until he beats a good team, aka The Patriots as Kazekage said.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

OOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEAH! I'm back bois!

Browns @ Steelers tonight!

I would be *mildly* scared if this game was in Ohio, but the Browns will probably get MASSACRED in Pittsburgh. We've proven capable over *barely* avoiding trap games.

10 Browns-Steelers 35

LET'S GO STEELERS!!!
    My Pokemon

BlitzBreaker Stryker Micheal Zack Alex Brett :26:

Quote Originally Posted by Quackjack29 View Post
    OOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEAH! I'm back bois!

Browns @ Steelers tonight!

I would be *mildly* scared if this game was in Ohio, but the Browns will probably get MASSACRED in Pittsburgh. We've proven capable over *barely* avoiding trap games.

10 Browns-Steelers 35

LET'S GO STEELERS!!!
    Forgive me If I am not as excited as you

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Forgive me If I am not as excited as you
    Sorry for the fun, i will now proceed to be monotonous

Anyways, if the G-Men sweep Dallas they win the NFCE almost certainly. I BELIEEEEEEEEEEVE IN ELI!
    My Pokemon

Charlie Weis announced as new HC of Kansas
    [sarcastic quotation marks]Looks like we know who's winning the Big 12 next year...[end sarcastic quotation marks]

I have claimed Giratina

Oh, ugly win by Pittsburgh. Good game to the Browns, they played well.

Yay or Nay: G-Men win NFCE; Steelers win AFCN; Raiders win AFCW?
    My Pokemon

Nay (Cowboys, yeah, I said it), yay, and yay (if Ray Lewis comes back soon)
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

It's roughly 47%-50% of betting favorites that cover. Depending on who you ask.
    I'm unsure of how betting works, what does 'cover' mean exactly? And are the percentages of teams that actually win comparable?
    Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    The one thing I'd love to know is, how do so many people enjoy college football?
    I enjoy college football games, but I hate the system- the rankings, the BCS, and the way its come to dominate every college sport to the point of tearing apart these conferences that have been around forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Charlie Weis announced as new HC of Kansas
    lol, the local sports radio guys were talking about this a lot. One of them was saying he didn't understand to the reason for making this (apparently) 'splash' hire, and thought it was just to get people to talk about KU. He said something like, "You could hire Kim Kardashian and do that. You could hire a puppy and do that". The puppy made me lol.
    I'd go with-
    Yay- I'm anticipating a Dallas collapse
    Nay- very close, though. Looking at the last 4 games, I can see both teams going 4-0 or 3-1. I'd give the edge to the Ravens because of the head-2-head tiebreaker. But both get in the playoffs.
    Nay- I'm thinking the Denver Tebows keep on rolling into the playoffs.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I'm unsure of how betting works, what does 'cover' mean exactly? And are the percentages of teams that actually win comparable?
    Cover:
    Q:S3 What is "the spread"?
    A:S3
    The spread is a point advantage given to a weaker team that is expected to lose by X number of points. This is the odds makers way of making even bets possible for a Sports Book. Usually if you bet against the spread you make an 11-10 bet. This means that you win $10 if you bet $11 for a total of $21 if your team covers the spread.
    A team covers the spread if it wins the game with the score modified by the spread. If Dallas and Washington are playing and the spread is (Dallas -7), then Dallas has to win by at least 8 points to cover. Half-point spreads are also possible.
    I don't understand the second question so I probably don't know the answer.

denver is making the playoffs

[img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]

To myself:

Yay: G-Men sweep the 'Boys i believe
    Unfortunatly, Nay: Steelers may be 13-3 and settle for a wild card! Baltimore controls their own fate.
    Nay: Tebow will own the weak teams, but get THRASHED by Pittsburgh or B-More in the playoffs.
    My Pokemon

I fell asleep before the end of the game and had a dream that the score ended 53-3. Haha.

Page 70 of 248 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast