Page 78 of 263 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 6572

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    The question is, do the rams take Luck even with Bradford there if they get the #1 pick?
    The other thing you have to remember too is that there's a few other teams that have 2 wins, the only one that comes to mind immediately is the vikings. But yea, like the one person said they could always use him as trade bait, but with how some teams think who knows

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

I know winning is the whole point of this, but the Colts have no hope and shouldn't even try. Sure, one win is fine because it shows you aren't completely incapable of winning, but beyond that is just screwing over their fans. I actually hope to see the Colts beat the Jags next week and not get Luck in the draft.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

They might as well lose that game. They already have two wins so they should just throw away that game. At least it's a road game, so they won't be cheating their fans.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I am a sad bucs fan. They don't really even care about winning anymore

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Tonight the Hawaii Bowl will be played. Nevada of the WAC and Southern Miss of Conference USA will face off. Nevada is set to join the MWC next year. And the MWC has thoughts of merging with C-USA. I personally think this is a bad idea. Who else thinks they should reconsider?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Eagles are out of the playoffs and the Giants earned the bragging rights here in NY.
    And Tony Homo got injured hopefully he might be out in the game against the Giants, but even if he gets better the Giants will win.

Yea! Go bengals! Jets lose and bengals win! Wild card here we come.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Yea! Go bengals! Jets lose and bengals win! Wild card here we come.
    Woah woah, don't count your chickens before they hatch. You're playing the BALTIMORE RAVENS NEXT WEEK, WE'RE PLAYING THE MIAMI DOLPHINS.

Baltimore lost in the last two meeting to the Ravens, Jets beat the Dolphins 24-6 this season.

Ravens are 11-4, Dolphins are 5-9

It ain't over yet.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

The dolphins are beast. Reggie bush for the win. BTW. Baltimore did not lose it's last two meetings with the ravens as you said. Baltimore is the ravens. BTW, the bengals are way too awesome to lose to the ravens. BTW, the bills won. Yess...
    Last edited by Pichu47; 25th December 2011 at 3:37 AM.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I say if the Rams get 1st pick they trade for a tackle and use their first pick on a receiver. Bradford is an amazing young QB and screwing him over in a trade won't benefit either party. Luck is great but even he can't patch up all the problems on that team. He's the best draft prospect since Calvin Johnson, but as we know it took more than 1 player to turn the Lions around. Luck wont be a top 5 QB immediately, it'll take time. The resin Bradford played so poorly is because he doesn't have any receivers, a shitty line, he has been injured every game this season, and most importantly the Lockout. Give him an offseason the Rams are 6-9 right now. The draft should turn out like this if the Rams play it smart.

The dolphins are beast. Reggie bush for the win. BTW. Baltimore did not lose it's last two meetings with the ravens as you said. Baltimore is the ravens. BTW, the bengals are way too awesome to lose to the ravens. BTW, the bills won. Yess...
    The Dolphin's are in fact not beast. The Patriot's just have a trash Pass Defense.

I meant the Bengals lost the last two meetings.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Reggie bush for the win.
    Reggie bush is awesome, i think he got a 1000 yard season this year, i believe it was his first time.

So for the Jets to make the playoffs, the Ravens need to beat the Bengals, most likely, the Chargers need to beat the Raiders, okay, Chargers haven't been good lately, and the Texans need to beat the Titans, okay not bad either.

It's gonna be one hell of a Sunday.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    So for the Jets to make the playoffs, the Ravens need to beat the Bengals, most likely, the Chargers need to beat the Raiders, okay, Chargers haven't been good lately, and the Texans need to beat the Titans, okay not bad either.

It's gonna be one hell of a Sunday.
    There's a low chance, but there is still hope. I could see all of those games going the way you want it (and the other way too, I guess.)

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Just popping in to say I was very disappointed that the only game on today was at night. I sat through the NBA during Christmas. I don't get why they couldn't do three games in a row like Thanksgiving.

I guess the NFL assumed most people would be doing other stuff during Christmas, like having fun with their presents and being with their family and whatnot.

I'm surprised they even had any games, I just assumed they would all be either Saturday or Monday.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Just popping in to say I was very disappointed that the only game on today was at night. I sat through the NBA during Christmas. I don't get why they couldn't do three games in a row like Thanksgiving.
    Lots of reasons why they do what they do...

Thanksgiving is historically a football day. Way back 100 years ago, college teams started playing on it, and the Lions have held a home game on Thanksgiving since 1934. Several college rivalries also take place over Thanksgiving weekend historically. Also, football teams for the most part play one game on the weekend, so they usually move up a few days and play on Thursday or Friday that weekend.

Christmas, however, has usually been for Basketball. Unlike Thanksgiving, which always happens on a Thursday, Christmas can be on any day of the week. NBA games usually happen on any weeknight, and teams play 2-3 games a week unlike football. It's easier to schedule basketball games for Christmas than football games. The only reason there was football this Christmas was because it fell on a Sunday; if it was Tuesday there wouldn't be any football (save maybe a bowl game or two). Also, most of the games were played on Saturday, since college football's regular season's over.

Furthermore, because of the NBA lockout, this is actually opening day for the NBA. Needless to say, there were some prime matchups (Bulls vs. Lakers, Celtics vs. Knicks, and of course Heat vs, Mavricks). It's also a good chance for the league to get better ratings, since they don't have to compete with the normal primetime lineups of regular weeknights.

I have claimed Giratina

Good job to the Packers on clinching HFA throughout the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers is the new face of the NFL. He has many more years ahead of him to win more championships.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Brees just broke Marino's record. Remember Brady is set to break it next week. Eli Manning also has an outside shot.

So is it Brady, Brees or Rodgers for MVP? Rodgers with 45 touchdowns to 6 interceptions has a small chance of tying Brady's record of 50. He already broke Mannings single season passer rating record. I think the choice is easy, rodgers has an astounding 7.5 to 1 TD to INT ratio, and has been pulled out of the 4th quarter many times, if the packers ran up the score like the Pats did in 07 he might have 48 or 49 TDs already.

Amazing MNF game. Brees breaking records and absolutely destroying the Falcons. Couldn't have drawn it up any better.

Congrats to Brees and the team and cheers to another NFC South title
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

So Tebow and the Bronco's have dropped two straight, just straight blowouts, 41-23 and 40-14. Granted, the first was the Patriots, but still.

Now they're down to the wire with the Raiders, let's see what happens.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 28th December 2011 at 10:03 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Congratz to Drew Brees for breaking the single season record for most yardage.
    And next week it is Tebow vs. Ortan
    I think Tebow will win of course.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    So Tebow and the Bronco's have dropped two straight, just straight blowouts, 41-23 and 40-14. Granted, the first was the Patriots, but still.

Now they're down to the wire with the Bears, let's see what happens.
    You mean the Chiefs? Or maybe the Raiders? I'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with the Bears now.

Big ten and PAC-12 made a deal guaranteeing interconferemce games each season beyond just the Rose bowl. I think it's a great move to counter the SEC's perceived strength of schedule, they need to be smart about this and pair traditional powers against each other not a cycle, Wisconsin vs USC, Oregon vs Ohio State having a team like Michigan play Washington state will do no good.

I don't hate the SEC it's just annoying to see them in the national championship game year in and year out. Stanford's 1 loss this year was to Oregon, tell me why they shouldn't have been in the game against LSU?

Page 78 of 263 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast