Page 80 of 264 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 6587

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

I seriously doubt that Rodgers ever was in danger of losing his precious MVP to Brees. The media has been dead set on him since Week 3 saying he had the greatest season ever and most picked the Pack to run the table because of him, Despite Brees and the Saints playing much better than the Packers down the road, Bress will get the snub as usual. All Brees every got when he smashed records was "Yeah but, . . ." like every other year.

I'll take Brees for Super Bowl MVP over that anyways.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

The media has been hyping Brees up for MVP ever since rodgers lost to Kansas city. To be very honest there's absolutely no way Brees deserves it over Rodgers. He has over a 100 more attempts than Rodgers, and 9 more interceptions.

Bree's also had 10 dome games, Rodgers had 1. Every way you look at it conditions favored Brees and Rodgers still managed to stay competitive with him stat-wise.

Rodgers has been carrying the 2nd worst defense in the NFL withou the luxury of having a top 5 O-Line like Brees and Brady, if he played today he would have passed 50 TDs. And 5000 yards. And let's. It forget the most important fact, he's only lost 1 game.

Either way we'll see what happens in the NFC championship.

Excuses, excuses. Like I said, no matter what people bring to the table people have been set on Rodgers since October. Whatever excuse you have, it's been said to death already.

We'll see how much better Rodgers looks in Lambeau. Believe it or not, he is human.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Rodger's definitely deserves it more than Brees.

There's no question about Rookie of the Year though, Cam Newton fo' sho'.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I honestly cannot stand Rex Ryan.
    awww you don't like his foot fetish?'

everyone loves a good foot!

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Excuses, excuses. Like I said, no matter what people bring to the table people have been set on Rodgers since October. Whatever excuse you have, it's been said to death already.

We'll see how much better Rodgers looks in Lambeau. Believe it or not, he is human.
    We already saw it in week 1. Be fun to see how New Orleans plays outside of the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Hey, he's giving you perfectly good reasons why Rodgers is more deserving than Brees. Rodgers throws less interceptions than Brees, and he's more dependable because of that. Call them excuses, but you're like, the only person here who prefers Brees over Rodgers. And it's pretty obvious why.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

the best way to enter the playoffs is to back up into them. tebow time is 24/7.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Versus the Broncos next week. This will either be too easy, or I'm underestimating the Chiefs' defense.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Well Resting Rodgers lost him the MVP to Brees, who leads him in ever category except for the fact that he has more turnovers.

And of course Matt Flynn's huge performance is going to lead to people calling Rodgers a "system QB" and such. Oh well he can turn anything into motivation, and maybe a Super Bowl MVP will quench his thirst.
    No. Wait until the postseason, sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer
    Damn. Saints are breaking records today like it going out of style. We got:

Single Season Passing Yards
    Most Completions By a QB in a Season
    Most 300 Yard Passing Games in a Season and All Time
    Single Season All Purpose Yards
    Most Points Scored at Home in a Season
    Most First Downs in a Season
    Single Season Team Yards
    Most Yards by a Tight End
    Jimmy Graham broke that? I thought Gronkowski did.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167
    There's no question about Rookie of the Year though, Cam Newton fo' sho'.
    Whaat?

Pokemon X Round 2

Graham got it first. Pats decided to go for it in garbage time to have Gronkowski get it from him.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    the best way to enter the playoffs is to back up into them. tebow time is 24/7.
    I don't mean to be rude by saying this....NO.

Tebow is one of the most overrated players of this year.

Something else to consider in the Rodgers-Brees debate:

Rodgers: 257 rushing yards, 3 TDs, 18 first downs.

Brees: 81 rushing yards, 1 TD, 4 first downs.

Sure, we all know about his passing ability, but Rodgers' mobility gets overlooked way too often.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post

Steelers should win in a blowout, but stranger things have happened....

anyways, tebow did well this year for his situation. He was thrown into the middle of the season with no true offseason, and he was expected to win IMMEDIATELY, all the while having the "experts" hold a magnifying glass over his every move. I have never seen a first year full time starter criticized and at the same time praised to the level Tebow has been this year. IMO Cam Newton would not have had the year he did if there was that amount of pressure on him, or if he had denver's receivers. Sure he has the skills to do it, but he has a 2 cent head backing them up (vince young part 2?) judging from his "i'm an icon" attitude and some of the things he did in college. We will see how he handles his own fans booing him when he has a down year.

I think Tebow will benefit greatly from this offseason
    ----------
    btw, I think this will be the closest MVP ever. There are good arguments for both. I think Rodgers wins because of the lack of turnovers and the massive hype he has gotten this year.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 2nd January 2012 at 4:10 PM.

Dude I get that you love Tebow, no problems here. But what's with all the hate for Cam?

And immediately comparing him to Vince Young is a little suspect, the kid has been nothing but mature in all of his interviews giving his honest opinions in a respectful way. He has dealt with the pressure of bein selected first overall with an amazing level of grace.

Seeing him in games it's clear that he HAS become an icon to the fans of the panthers, he's a unique player, and has the swagger and fun we rarely see from players in the NFL. Hell we rarely see this much in the NBA.

I'm sorry he's not praying for the cameras before every game.

Sorry if anyone was building a franchise and had to pick a QB under 27 to build it around its gonna be Newton not Tebow.

I personally think the NFL playoffs should be 16 teams (8 in each conference). It reduces the chances a 10-win team misses the playoffs, and not to mention we've been at 12 for two decades. It's time to expand. If the playoffs were 16 teams, Chicago, Arizona, the Jets, and Tennessee would all be in.

Also, several major college bowl games today. Ohio State hopes to get its first non-vacted bowl win over an SEC team in the Gator Bowl. Then it's the Grandaddy of Them All - the Rose Bowl.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 2nd January 2012 at 8:24 PM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage View Post
    Dude I get that you love Tebow, no problems here. But what's with all the hate for Cam?

And immediately comparing him to Vince Young is a little suspect, the kid has been nothing but mature in all of his interviews giving his honest opinions in a respectful way. He has dealt with the pressure of bein selected first overall with an amazing level of grace.

Seeing him in games it's clear that he HAS become an icon to the fans of the panthers, he's a unique player, and has the swagger and fun we rarely see from players in the NFL. Hell we rarely see this much in the NBA.

I'm sorry he's not praying for the cameras before every game.

Sorry if anyone was building a franchise and had to pick a QB under 27 to build it around its gonna be Newton not Tebow.
    stealing a laptop at florida, putting his name on it and then throwing it out the window when caught is not the sign of an intelligent man.

not to mention the alleged academic cheating http://content.usatoday.com/communit...mic-cheating/1

then there was the whole deal at Auburn and why he is known as Scam Newton for me. There is no way he didn't know his father was shopping him
    I am not saying he is not a skilled QB, but I do think that he will eventually make off field mistakes that will cost him

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post

you're moving at the speed of light so you perceive time differently from the rest of us that are not moving at that speed. trust me when i say tebow time is 24/7 '3'

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    I personally think the NFL playoffs should be 16 teams (8 in each conference). It reduces the chances a 10-win team misses the playoffs, and not to mention we've been at 12 for two decades. It's time to expand. If the playoffs were 16 teams, Chicago, Arizona, the Jets, and Tennessee would all be in.
    there are 3 spots for a team to get into the playoffs with. if they aren't good enough then they shouldn't get in.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    there are 3 spots for a team to get into the playoffs with. if they aren't good enough then they shouldn't get in.
    I agree. Playoffs are fine the way they are now.

This is the schedule to 2012.

Spoiler:- Long:

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

It's Rose Bowl time. Wisconsin just scored a major touchdown early on. I switched over after the Outback Bowl finally finished after 3 overtimes.

I'm going for Wisconsin because I am also a Packers fan. Good luck to both Wisconsin football teams in the postseason.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Tampa Bay: HOME: NFC South, Kansas City, San Diego, Philadelphia, Washington, St Louis
    Tampa Bay: AWAY: NFC South, Denver, Oakland, Dallas, NY Giants, Minnesota
    Wow. Tampa actually has a chance of going .500!

Sweet. NFC West and AFC South for the Pack next year :P

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post

Spoiler:- Long:
    Alright, Thanksgiving lineup should be this:
    Houston at Detroit, 12:30, CBS - Texans play on Thanksgiving for first time ever, Indy visited Detroit on Thanksgiving in 2004 so it's only fair that Houston gets a turn
    NY Giants at Dallas, 4:15, FOX - These teams played for the NFC East title on Sunday, so it should be an attractive match-up
    San Diego at Cleveland, 8:20, NBC (the Thanksgiving night game is moving to NBC next year) - both of these teams have long Thanksgiving droughts, San Diego last appearance in 1969 and Cleveland in 1989

That weekend, the Sunday night game should be:
    San Francisco at Green Bay - third time Al Michaels calls a game between these two teams, after Monday night games in 1996 and 1999

And for Monday night, Philadelphia at Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 3rd January 2012 at 1:55 AM.
    -----

Looks like Drew Brees and Darren Sproles are going to be in the "I Used To Play There Bowl". I wonder who San Diego is going to send to New Orleans next.

And another shot at the Packers. Should be interesting once we find out how this year ends.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Page 80 of 264 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast