Page 83 of 264 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 6586

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Why does everything have to be on ESPN?! Gosh i wish my family would get cable. I'm not really that annoyed though. It will probably be boring anyways.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

tide gonna TEAR UP

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    and sceptile I don't think denver's D will be good enough next week
    Neither do I, but I already picked Denver to win the superbowl, so I'll have to stick with them.

The most confidence I have in a game is the '49ers beating the Saints. If the Saints do manage to beat them, however, then they pretty much win it all.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Why does everything have to be on ESPN?! Gosh i wish my family would get cable. I'm not really that annoyed though. It will probably be boring anyways.
    NFL access ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    There is ESPN3...

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    There is ESPN3...
    I might try that. EDIT: Dang it, it says i have to subscibe to an appropriate cable package.
    Last edited by Pichu47; 10th January 2012 at 2:56 AM.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

That game was horrible. I hate to say it, but we played like sh!t and had zero defense. It just sucks that we were defeated in 11 seconds. This loss hurts almost as much as our Superbowl loss.

As for those of you predicting New Orleans/New England, I agree.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Bowl season, and the college football season, comes to an end tonight. The Big Ten could have done better, though there was one B1G team I wanted to lose - Michigan (as an OSU fan, I dislike the Wolverines). And because the NCG is in New Orleans, I'm having jambalaya for dinner - only mine has fake meat, and no vegetables.

Ohio State really could have done better for example. This was going to be their last bowl for at least one year, and they didn't make it count. The result was their first losing season in over two decades. Had they decided to skip this year, they probably could have gone next year.

Next year, Cincinnati hopes to bring a title to their home state since OSU will be out of the spotlight for one year. So therefore, I'm predicting next year's title game - Notre Dame VS. Cincinnati.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

9-0 guys at the half. best rematch of the century of the best game of the century ever. right guys? RIGHT?

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Green Bay is going down next week when the Saints play them next week. I think that it is almost safe to say that since it seems to me that the Saints have a better team than the 49ers. Though it would be tough for me in the Super Bowl to how to pull for if Denver somewho makes the Super Bowl. Probably might due the same thing I did for Super Bowl XLIV. That is just to pull for the Saints.

Speaking of the BCS National Championship Game that is on now , All I have to say is just ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that , Saw that Boise State fans are whinning for a Playoff system in College Football. That is since I guess Boise State didn't get to a BCS game even though they were 11-1 durring the regular season. I just have to say their Argument is Invalid since I would like to see how the would be when some team like Alabama beats the tar out of them when the play in a game in that so called Playoffs.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Green Bay is going down next week when the Saints play them next week. I think that it is almost safe to say that since it seems to me that the Saints have a better team than the 49ers. Though it would be tough for me in the Super Bowl to how to pull for if Denver somewho makes the Super Bowl. Probably might due the same thing I did for Super Bowl XLIV. That is just to pull for the Saints.

Speaking of the BCS National Championship Game that is on now , All I have to say is just ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that , Saw that Boise State fans are whinning for a Playoff system in College Football. That is since I guess Boise State didn't get to a BCS game even though they were 11-1 durring the regular season. I just have to say their Argument is Invalid since I would like to see how the would be when some team like Alabama beats the tar out of them when the play in a game in that so called Playoffs.
    Well, Boise State can at least lay claim to being the highest-ranked mid-major in the final polls once they come out. That is what I call the "mid-major national championship" - not the real thing, but it's close, and a major honor.

Boise State is on its way to the Big East, but if they really want a challenge, they should eventually join the Big 12.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post

Your location says kentucky but you are a Bama fan. Why?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

It's not the Alamo bowl, but Alabama's proving they deserved the rematch. LSU's offense apparently got on the wrong bus; their defense can only do so much without offensive pressure.

Your location says kentucky but you are a Bama fan. Why?
    He didn't explicitly say he's a Bama fan, only that he's pulling for them.
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 10th January 2012 at 4:17 AM.

I have claimed Giratina

I'm surprised at the amount of people who think the Saints will beat the '49ers. Saints aren't as explosive on the road, and that San Fran defense is going to hold them enough for the offense to score on New Orlean's defense.

I earlier stated that the Saints would win the Superbowl if they beat San Francisco. I should take that back. I don't expect them to win 3 consecutive games on the road. If they manage to squeak by the '49ers they'll probably beat the Packers/Giants and then lose to the Broncos/Patriots/whomever in the Superbowl.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

This might be the dumbest game plan I have ever seen from a team in a game this important. Dumbest of all-time.

This might be the dumbest game plan I have ever seen from a team in a game this important. Dumbest of all-time.
    It's Les Miles, he makes the Joker look sane.

EDIT: Why else would he still have Jefferson running the option?
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 10th January 2012 at 4:56 AM.

I have claimed Giratina

I wonder what Neil Young has to say about this game.
    -----

field goal kicker MVP

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Next year, Cincinnati hopes to bring a title to their home state since OSU will be out of the spotlight for one year. So therefore, I'm predicting next year's title game - Notre Dame VS. Cincinnati.
    So let me get this straight: you're predicting a team that's losing its starting QB and a team that began and ended the year with a QB controversy and the toughest schedule in the BK era to make it to the NCG, plus you ignored the SEC?

I have claimed Giratina

Despite not being as high flying on the road, the Saints are still capable of winning. They were 6-2 last year and 5-3 on the road. Doesn't matter how, they still can get it done. If they were miserable on the road, I would be inclined to to actually be afraid of something. But simply because they don't light it up doesn't mean they are incapable of winning.

And also, the Niners are a FG team. Saints are a TD team. Unless they come out of the red zone with 7 every time they won't beat anybody especially the Saints. Despite that vaunted defense it doesn't change the fact that their offense is miserable. Sort of like how Tebow played early on, they play the most conservative offense to not lose because they know Alex Smith will lose them the game if they let him loose.

Like I've said before, you're trying to sell me that Alex Smith is your QB and I'm not buying it. Now Drew Brees however, I'll buy that every day.

If the Saints score 28, they win this game.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Despite not being as high flying on the road, the Saints are still capable of winning. They were 6-2 last year and 5-3 on the road. Doesn't matter how, they still can get it done. If they were miserable on the road, I would be inclined to to actually be afraid of something. But simply because they don't light it up doesn't mean they are incapable of winning.

And also, the Niners are a FG team. Saints are a TD team. Unless they come out of the red zone with 7 every time they won't beat anybody especially the Saints. Despite that vaunted defense it doesn't change the fact that their offense is miserable. Sort of like how Tebow played early on, they play the most conservative offense to not lose because they know Alex Smith will lose them the game if they let him loose.

Like I've said before, you're trying to sell me that Alex Smith is your QB and I'm not buying it. Now Drew Brees however, I'll buy that every day.

Tebow certainly didn't lose the game for them when they let him loose this time.

IMO you are just a tad overconfident. This will be a very close game

Tebow certainly didn't lose the game for them when they let him loose this time.

IMO you are just a tad overconfident. This will be a very close game
    I'm not saying it will be a blowout, all I'm saying is that people have this perception of the Saints as only this "High Flying Arena League" Team that can't win anywhere outside of the Superdome.

They aren't abysmal on the road. They simply just don't put on a show like they do at home.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post

49ers are also a smashmouth defensive team. They are definitely capable of keeping it close of their offense.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    49ers are also a smashmouth defensive team. They are definitely capable of keeping it close of their offense.
    What offense of merit have they been able shutdown at all lately? The Sea-Chikens? A hobbled Steelers Team?
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Sad news out of Green Bay:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...ch-joe-philbin

The Packers know what it's like. Remember that 2003 Monday night game against Oakland?
    -----

Page 83 of 264 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast