Page 84 of 264 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    What offense of merit have they been able shutdown at all lately? The Sea-Chikens? A hobbled Steelers Team?
    They broke the Lion's undefeated streak (surely you remember the post-game handshake/backslap?) and stopped Eli Manning, a good Michael Vick, and the Bengals right before they got hot. They have also never given up more than 27 points. Plus the only road games where the Saints have looked impressive are at the Vikings and Jaguars.

I have claimed Giratina

Good God.. Les Miles should have his head examined for not starting Lee the moment Jefferson bungled the first drive in the second half. Lee took the team on his shoulders when it counted, when Jefferson's stupid self got arrested. And he loses his starting position to a clown like that.

Ugh..

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    They broke the Lion's undefeated streak (surely you remember the post-game handshake/backslap?) and stopped Eli Manning, a good Michael Vick, and the Bengals right before they got hot. They have also never given up more than 27 points. Plus the only road games where the Saints have looked impressive are at the Vikings and Jaguars.
    I'm asking you LATELY, not 5 weeks into the season. What have the 49ers done lately?

They still won 5 road games. Doesn't matter how ugly they looked. You don't get style points. Either you won or lost and their record says they they won 5 and lost 3. Not great, but still good.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I'm asking you LATELY, not 5 weeks into the season. What have the 49ers done lately?

They still won 5 road games. Doesn't matter how ugly they looked. You don't get style points. Either you won or lost and their record says they they won 5 and lost 3. Not great, but still good.
    Style points matter when it comes to making predictions and all you have is the past to go off of. You lost three road games, looked average in 3, and dominated two. If you can lose to the Rams you can lose to the Niners.

Also realize that the Niners are going to try to run the ball and burn clock off for the Saints and limit the number of possessions they get.

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Style points matter when it comes to making predictions and all you have is the past to go off of. You lost three road games, looked average in 3, and dominated two. If you can lose to the Rams you can lose to the Niners.

Also realize that the Niners are going to try to run the ball and burn clock off for the Saints and limit the number of possessions they get.
    Well, if want to go by past then. The Saints are 6-0 against the Niners lately.

And to be frankly honest, nothing about the Niners scare me. That's why I'm going with the Saints. An offense that is damn near unstoppable in a league that is predicated on offense gets my bet any day of the week.

Trying to stop the Saints offense is like trying to plug a sinking ship with 100 holes. You try to shut down one and it just leaves someone else to burn you.

If the Saints can shut down the likes of CJ2K, Michael Turner and to and extent Cam Newton then I'm sure they can stop Gore and their one trick pony offense. This isn't Steve Young and Jerry Rice stepping on the the field. This is the "Frank Gore show featuring Alex Smith". And trust me NOBODY is afraid of Alex Smith. In a league that is ruled by QB's theirs has a tendency to come up short.

They can try to slow the offense down, but what does slowing down mean? Instead of scoring 45 they only score 35?
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Well, if want to go by past then. The Saints are 6-0 against the Niners lately.

And to be frankly honest, nothing about the Niners scare me. That's why I'm going with the Saints. An offense that is damn near unstoppable in a league that is predicated on offense gets my bet any day of the week.

Trying to stop the Saints offense is like trying to plug a sinking ship with 100 holes. You try to shut down one and it just leaves someone else to burn you.

If the Saints can shut down the likes of CJ2K, Michael Turner and to and extent Cam Newton then I'm sure they can stop Gore and their one trick pony offense. This isn't Steve Young and Jerry Rice stepping on the the field. This is the "Frank Gore show featuring Alex Smith". And trust me NOBODY is afraid of Alex Smith. In a league that is ruled by QB's theirs has a tendency to come up short.

They can try to slow the offense down, but what does slowing down mean? Instead of scoring 45 they only score 35?
    Completely different 49ers this year.

and forgive me for the rudeness, but reading posts like this one are one of the reasons you and me have had problems in the past, you are way too high and mighty about the saints. The saints are one of the best this year, but they are not invincible, and that offense is not unstoppable.

btw, the sea chickens embarrassed the Saints last year. never get overconfident in the playoffs
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 10th January 2012 at 7:49 AM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

All I'm saying is that I keep hearing about this vaunted Niners defense and run game and I have nothing that would be otherwise threatening.

Jeez, you make a pick to win a game and people think your putting them on a pedestal. Since when was picking a game and giving reasons why illegal?
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

All I'm saying is that I keep hearing about this vaunted Niners defense and run game and I have nothing that would be otherwise threatening.

Jeez, you make a pick to win a game and people think your putting them on a pedestal. Since when was picking a game and giving reasons why illegal?
    Its just the way in which you state it comes off as incredibly arrogant. I don't know maybe its just me.

I could have easily just said "Saints win". But then I be lambasted to give a reason why. It'd be more arrogant to not even give an explanation.

I give reasons why and its like I am condemning the 9ers to hell. All I'm saying is, I see them losing this game and why.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Arrogance in bold. And FYI, the Saints only broke 35 in 6 of their regular season games, only 37.5% of the time.

Even the 2007 Pats can tell you anyone can beat anyone any given Sunday.

I have claimed Giratina

And that loss to the Rams was that game for them. Ever since then they have been playing lights out, winning 9 in a row and not just at home.

They cook 40 burgers like they are going out of style now.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

God, that game was awful. I'm just dumbfounded at that result. I've seen some bad games this year (Chiefs fan), but that was a complete abomination.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Other than that , Saw that Boise State fans are whinning for a Playoff system in College Football. That is since I guess Boise State didn't get to a BCS game even though they were 11-1 durring the regular season.
    I'd imagine that most people want to see a playoff system and not the cartel that is the BCS.

I just have to say their Argument is Invalid since I would like to see how the would be when some team like Alabama beats the tar out of them when the play in a game in that so called Playoffs.
    I have no words for this. Please just go away.

That is a poor reason as to why their argument in invalid. Just quit now. You're playing from behind.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Anyway you look at it , This Championship made the 6th straight championship for the Southeastern Conference. Though it might seem tough for a 7th straight since I think Southern California is off of it's ban for Bowl Games. I do though hope that someone in the SEC West would beat the tar out of them if USC makes the BCS National Championship next year. That is since USC's coach was my former team's coach until he back stabbed them after just 1 year there at Tennessee. Then that's when I became a Kentucky fan.

But anywho , Best moment for me this past season was when Kentucky finally defeated Tennessee after losing to them for approximately 27 straight years. I don't care if Tennessee's players stopped playing during that game since they didn't want a small Bowl , but at least Kentucky actually beat them in something other than Basketball.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

I've been hearing more talk about a college football playoff today, like legitimate meetings, not speculation. Even though I hated that game last night, I think I'd take it if you said a playoff would come about in the aftermath.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

And that loss to the Rams was that game for them. Ever since then they have been playing lights out, winning 9 in a row and not just at home.

They cook 40 burgers like they are going out of style now.
    again, arrogance in bold. You just can't talk about your team without sounding arrogant. You now have me rooting against the saints, just to see an end to posts like this. I shudder to think what you will post if the saints win the superbowl this year.

btw, the rams weren't the saints only embarrassing loss. They lost to the bucs too. as a fan of the bucs, I can tell you that is very embarrassing.
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 11th January 2012 at 2:01 AM.

I am really starting to hate the tebow haters. I mean if he sucks then how the hell did the broncos come this far?
    I know he is the size of a fullback, but that helps him a LOT

The broncos and the saints are the only teams that can beat the packers

Quote Originally Posted by takbir10 View Post
    I am really starting to hate the tebow haters. I mean if he sucks then how the hell did the broncos come this far?

You really think so? A case could be made for the Giants to beat them, but the Broncos?
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

I like Tebow, but this is going a bit overboard. Denver's offense would not be able to keep up with the Packers, anyways, I don't think they make it past this week (broncos)

AFC West + teams not defending against him correctly by making him to go to his right + people leaving coverage early on due to the threat of him running + luck.

That is how.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It's funny because the Packers beat both of them.

I have claimed Giratina

This

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    AFC West + teams not defending against him correctly by making him to go to his right + people leaving coverage early on due to the threat of him running + luck.
    And because the Broncos as a team have started to play well. Tim Tebow may have started this, but he is not the only reason the Broncos have been winning.

There is no way the Broncos could beat the Packers. No way.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    This

The chiefs did. Any team with a good pass rush will get pressure on aaron rodgers, that's how KC won. That's why i think the giants will beat them.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    There was no way the Chiefs could beat the Packers. Or the Broncos could beat the Steelers.

I'm going to say that the Giants-Packers game will be a very close one. Giants always do well in the postseason, as did the Packers last year. I expect it to be the Packer's toughest game.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Luck, divine interference, opposing team ****-ups, whatever you call it, it is a big part of the Broncos winning. They made comebacks, but from the edge of losing.

But I do honestly think the Broncos are a good team, and Tebow is a decent quarterback. I'm just extremely bitter. Hell, I want to see the Broncos get to the Superbowl.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 84 of 264 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast