Page 89 of 259 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 6468

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

TJ Yates is not a smart rookie

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

However does get it though would have the Madden Curse on them for the next season judging from how it has been since the cover of 2001. But hey , I guess that it might be till late March to start the tournament bracket to see who would get it if the do the same thing that they did for MADDEN NFL 12. Though that would be the only case for Tebow to win the cover if they don't give the Super Bowl XLVI MVP the cover.

But hey , It wouldn't be the first time for Tebow to appear on the cover of a football video game. The first time was for NCCA FOOTBALL 11. Speaking of the NCCA FOOTBALL series , I would say that RG3 would be the cover athlete for NCCA FOOTBALL 13. That being since that it would be obvious for him to since he is the current Heisman Trophy winner.

Smashin' !

damn you jacoby jones you lost us the game.

you suck go die.
    "Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cruisin' View Post
    damn you jacoby jones you lost us the game.

you suck go die.
    Little harsh, its just a game.

and I would say TJ yates lost it more than Jones

There should have been a pass interference call on that last play.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Can't believe that today is the 45th anniversary of Green Bay's first Super Bowl victory in the first ever Super Bowl. It would make it a great day for Green Bay if they can beat the Giants today to advance to NFC Championship game. That being since that they would win on the same day they won their first championship.

Other than that , Is it just me or does it just seem dumb that they have the Pro Bowl the week before the Super Bowl now instead of after. Just seems dumb since that these players that get selected for it would not get to play if they made the Super Bowl. Though the best way to fix that would be if they move the Super Bowl back in the last week of January or if they make the Pro Bowl the second week in February. Then that would make the Pro Bowl have the all the big Pros playing in it even if they played in the Super Bowl.

Smashin' !

Great win by the Ravens but they won't cheer long when they face the Patriots hot offense next week.

Packers booed off the field at halftime
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 16th January 2012 at 12:12 AM.

Why couldn't the Giants simply run out the clock to end the half? They had the lead, didn't need to add salt to the wound.
    -----

Wow, great Hail Mary pass by Eil Manning.

Mike McCarthy better get his team to win if he wants to keep his job.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    Why couldn't the Giants simply run out the clock to end the half? They had the lead, didn't need to add salt to the wound.
    Ummmm...20-10 is why :P

Packers need to get it together, I really don't want to see anymore bragging Giants fans they need to be taken down here. Green Bay is only down by 10 points I think they can pull through I have no idea what defense is doing though.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    What are you talking about? They were only up by 3. Its only running up the score when you are up 30+ points.

Pokemon up for trade: NZ Jirachi, WISHMKR Jirachi, 10 ANNIV Celebi, TRU Shaymin
    Looking for: TRU Arceus, Untrained Timid/Adamant/Modest/Jolly MYSTRY Mew, any 10 ANNIV event, and Shiny VGC10 Eevee.

If you are interested, PM me

I believe I picked the giants to win

Well game over... I'm not even a Packers fan and I'm still disappointed to see the Giants win I hope they lose to San Fran next week.

This may very well be Mike McCarthy's last game as coach of Green Bay. The embarrassment of being a 15-1 team losing to a 9-7 team, as well as being the first 15-1 team not even make it to the conference championship will be too much to overlook.

My top candidate for the Packers job is Brett Favre.
    -----

^^ are you serious. Super Bowl winning coaches don't get fired after 15-1 seasons. Let's blame this on te Marino curse, every time a QB has a GOAT season he never wins the Super Bowl. Manning in 04, Brady in 07, and now Rodgers in '11

Well defense does win Championships, saints and packers will need to think about that. But now that I don't have a horse in the race I'm rootin for Tom brady to get his 4th ring.

The two games with predictable outcomes were the Patriots vs Broncos and Ravens vs Texans. The Ravens game was more of a defense-based game, which I expected. I also expected the Patriots to destroy Tebow. I new he was nothing special.

I was surprised by Packers vs Giants and Saints vs 49ers. I knew the 49ers were a good team, but I expected the Saints to take care of the ball better and have an overall better offensive performance. I was disappointed by the Packers. They dropped a lot of passes and Rodgers did not play well at all. I have to give credit to the Giants on both offense and defense, though.

I'm predicting Patriots vs 49ers in the Super Bowl now, but anything can happen.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    The two games with predictable outcomes were the Patriots vs Broncos and Ravens vs Texans. The Ravens game was more of a defense-based game, which I expected. I also expected the Patriots to destroy Tebow. I new he was nothing special.

I was surprised by Packers vs Giants and Saints vs 49ers. I knew the 49ers were a good team, but I expected the Saints to take care of the ball better and have an overall better offensive performance. I was disappointed by the Packers. They dropped a lot of passes and Rodgers did not play well at all. I have to give credit to the Giants on both offense and defense, though.

I'm predicting Patriots vs 49ers in the Super Bowl now, but anything can happen.
    Tom Brady VS. his childhood favorite team...and a possible rematch on Sunday Night next year. What a game that would be.

It's true. Brady grew up rooting for the 49ers. Read his Wikipedia page.
    -----

Teams with actual defenses beating hyper-competent offenses in the playoffs? That isn't a surprise.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Its true, but I still hope Brady can get past the Ravens and win his 4th ring. I grew up during the Favre, Manning, and Brady era so it'd be a great way for him to close out his Career.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Teams with actual defenses beating hyper-competent offenses in the playoffs? That isn't a surprise.
    Which I why I thought the Giants would win

If I could go back and change one thing, I would not have Art Modell move the Browns to Baltimore. Instead, I would have had the Browns play home games in Columbus for 3 years while the new Browns Stadium was under construction.

What would you have changed for your favorite team that was bad?
    -----

Can't believe the Packers lost. Oh, well. I'll give the Giants a lot of credit for upsetting the Packers with their good defense.

Page 89 of 259 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast