Page 97 of 259 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 6461

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

>Pro Bowl

You know it's bad when guys that most non-hardcore fans are starting. My dad, who's a football fan, but not really into it other than the Eagles, had never even heard of Geno Atkins or Eric Weddle, both of who were in the starting lineup for the AFC's defense. I also find it stupid that it's the week before the Super Bowl. They wouldn't have to get as many replacement players if it was after the Super Bowl. The list of players who are in the Super Bowl that are ineligible for the Pro Bowl is pretty large- Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Jason Piere-Paul, Vince Wilfork, and Matthew Slater. That way there wouldn't be as many replacement players playing. For the record, there were 25 replacement players.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Something I think that's being overlooked: you can't expect a football game to give you the same type of entertainment as a movie or TV show. Why? Here's a big factor: it's unscripted. It's not designed to entertain; it's a competition. The Bama-LSU games might have been borring for the casual fans and everybody that doesn't live in the South, but they did feature two great teams, especially on defense. Someone who looks at football as more than entertainment will find a big sack as thrilling as a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    >Pro Bowl

You know it's bad when guys that most non-hardcore fans are starting. My dad, who's a football fan, but not really into it other than the Eagles, had never even heard of Geno Atkins or Eric Weddle, both of who were in the starting lineup for the AFC's defense. I also find it stupid that it's the week before the Super Bowl. They wouldn't have to get as many replacement players if it was after the Super Bowl. The list of players who are in the Super Bowl that are ineligible for the Pro Bowl is pretty large- Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Logan Mankins, Brian Waters, Jason Piere-Paul, Vince Wilfork, and Matthew Slater. That way there wouldn't be as many replacement players playing. For the record, there were 25 replacement players.
    Like I said earlier, having the Pro Bowl before the SB doesn't correlate into more players. Back in the 07-08 season's game (after the SB) only one player played both games. NBut more importantly (from the NFL's point of view) nobody really cared because after the Super Bowl everyone stops paying attention to football.
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 30th January 2012 at 6:47 AM.

I have claimed Giratina

Go Pats!!!!

About the Super Bowl , I'm not really sure who I'm going to cheer for this year. I don't really like either team. I'll probably end up cheering for the Giants , but I might cheer for the Patriots ! I'll see! :P I'll probably be mainly watching for the Commercials , though! And I'll probably be doing something else when the game is on! :P
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

I'm rooting for Eli, i'd like to see him win in lucas oil cuz i like the manning bros and the colts so yea :3. I wish i could go to this super bowl though, indy has a really nice stadium

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Rooting for the Pats to pull off the win against the Giants this time.
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

Not too excited for this Superbowl, to be honest. I'm not too fond with the Boston/New York market teams, and I already saw this Superbowl matchup a few years ago.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I would have really liked to see a '49ers-Ravens matchup in the Superbowl.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Too much seriousness with the Super Bowl! But a big story from a little bit ago is...Yes, Peyton has indeed been cleared by 2 doctors to play.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    Too much seriousness with the Super Bowl! But a big story from a little bit ago is...Yes, Peyton has indeed been cleared by 2 doctors to play.
    I read somewhere how this was (sarcastically) one of the biggest scams in the NFL. Colts return with Peyton and a capable first choice quarterback and makes a comeback.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I would have really liked to see a '49ers-Ravens matchup in the Superbowl.
    This is what I picked at the start of playoff season, and I wanted that matchup to happen so bad. Oh well, I guess. In the Super Bowl, I guess I'm rooting for the Patriots. I'm a hardcore Eagles fan, so there's no way that I'm rooting for the Giants. But it also pains me to root for the Patriots, since the Colts are my second favorite team.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I really want the Giants to lose, simply because if they win, I have to work until 2AM selling NYG SB crap to crazy fans, and then get up the next day for class -___-

I second that opinion, I'd prefer headlines like 'Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh' instead of 'SBXLII Rematch', would be more enjoyable to watch two teams, when combined have 6 rings, as compared to the 12 combined between NYG and NE.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 3rd February 2012 at 5:40 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Not too excited for this Superbowl, to be honest. I'm not too fond with the Boston/New York market teams, and I already saw this Superbowl matchup a few years ago.

Don't think its unpopular at all. I think a ton of people wanted the Brother vs. Brother storyline

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Don't think its unpopular at all. I think a ton of people wanted the Brother vs. Brother storyline
    I know a few people that did, but this New England vs New York Part II is being incredibly hyped by the media, and I assume more people would like to see it.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

In any event, the Super Bowl will serve to further the sports rivalry between Boston and New York City. In the NHL though, the Boston team is in a separate division from the NYC teams, which hinders any real rivalry in that sport.

And not to mention that this is a Jet fan's worst nightmare. The Jets would love nothing more than to win another Super Bowl themselves. But how will they do that when two of their players are feuding?

What does everyone make of the Mark Sanchez-Santonio Holmes Feud? Whose side are you on?

In other news, the NFL Network package will now encompass every Thursday night between Weeks 2 and 15 excluding Thanksgiving. Personally, I think the Turner networks should air the Thursday night games (most games on TBS but some in October on TNT to avoid conflict with MLB playoffs). Turner hasn't had any NFL rights since 1997, and it's time they get back into the game.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 4th February 2012 at 10:05 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    In any event, the Super Bowl will serve to further the sports rivalry between Boston and New York City. In the NHL though, the Boston team is in a separate division from the NYC teams, which hinders any real rivalry in that sport.

And not to mention that this is a Jet fan's worst nightmare. The Jets would love nothing more than to win another Super Bowl themselves. But how will they do that when two of their players are feuding?

What does everyone make of the Mark Sanchez-Santonio Holmes Feud? Whose side are you on
    ?

In other news, the NFL Network package will now encompass every Thursday night between Weeks 2 and 15 excluding Thanksgiving. Personally, I think the Turner networks should air the Thursday night games (most games on TBS but some in October on TNT to avoid conflict with MLB playoffs). Turner hasn't had any NFL rights since 1997, and it's time they get back into the game.
    I think its funny. Love seeing New York or Boston teams fight among themselves.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

The Pat's ( Brady and Belichick mostly ) are hungry for revenge. This will be a great game.
    "Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!"

Not really interested at all in this game and I will probably be dragged to a litany of parties to celebrate a game I don't even really want to watch.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Aww that's too bad. I'm super interested in this one.

Probably gonna be the highest rated Super Bowl ever.
    "Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cruisin' View Post
    Aww that's too bad. I'm super interested in this one.

I doubt it.

Wanna wish everyone a happy super bowl weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Cruisin' View Post
    I definitely have my doubts. It's a regional contest that isn't going to attract a ton of viewers from outside New England/Mid-Atlantic. And about the only storyline is that they played in a SB together 4 years ago, and a lot has changed since then. And friggin Madona is the halftime show...

I have claimed Giratina

After my time machine ride into the future, I found out that the final score of the game will be Patriots 34 Giants 31 in overtime.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I want to see Eli win in Peyton's stadium. That, and Tom Brady is a pansy. Go Giants!

My boy should walk away with an MVP tonight, sorry Brees but Offensive player of the year for you. Not as a good as a packers repeat but its an award nonetheless.

As for the superbowl, to see the guy I watched growing up ascend to become the greatest QB of all time will be a great experience so I'm gonna go for Brady. Although seeing Eli step out of Peyton's shadow would be great as well. But aside from the QBs I don't really have a player than I love on either team.

Final score: Giants: 24. Patriots: 20.

You heard it here first. Though I'm probably going to be off by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeder Drew View Post
    I want to see Eli win in Peyton's stadium. That, and Tom Brady is a pansy. Go Giants!
    What, cuz he's good looking and rich and famous. Please. He's an NFL Quarterback.

Pats win 24-17

Page 97 of 259 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast