Page 99 of 264 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 6598

Thread: NFL/NCAAF Thread

I don't like either team, but at least the game was good. Congrats to the Giants and their fans.

It was a good game. Man, if Aaron Hernandez had caught that ball in the end zone, that would be the most epic super bowl ever. Unfortunately, he didn't catch it, the giants won, and the game won go down as the best ever super bowl. *sigh* Mabye next year my dream of a last second hail mary game winner will finally come true.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

So many dropped passes near the end of the game by the Pats, but the Wes Welker one comes to mind. Sure, Brady could have thrown a better ball, but at the end of the day Wes Welker is an NFL wide receiver and should catch that ball. If he does, the Patriots are well within field goal range and at least make the game 20-15, if not 24-15. That changes the game completely.

Still a good game by both teams though. That Mario Manningham catch... wow. So glad that the Super Bowls have all been close lately. Not like in the 90's where there were a plethora of blowouts.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Now this place will buzz of draft picks and Payton Manning for months.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    Now this place will buzz of draft picks and Payton Manning for months.
    >_< Yup. We were mercifully spared from Peyton talk tonight, which surprised me

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

All the announcers did was say Tom Brady a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    >_< Yup. We were mercifully spared from Peyton talk tonight, which surprised me
    Lol, speaking of peyton manning, when Eli won the MVP for the super bowl he said he was glad that he had the opportunity to be here and win the super bowl or something like that, sidestepping the question from the announcer about what it means to go into Peyton's stadium and win the super bowl. I know he was thinking, "Lol, it's just great to get out here, win the super bowl, and rub the Lombardi trophy in his face."

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post

Oh dear...and yet the game hasn't even started.
    I believe these are pre-made, so if they are the Champions, they can be sold right away. The losers swag would just be destroyed.

I had the same reaction after the Giants beat the Packers. Immediately after the clock timed out somebody had a newspaper that had a 'Giants going to Superbowl' headline. Unless they do know something we don't.
    Indeed, they make swag for both teams saying "_____ champions" before the game so that way they can hand them out to the winning side once they win. They do this with pretty much every major sporting event: BCS NCG, World Series, NBA, March Madness, even some more minor ones like conference championships. This also allows winning fans to buy their championship gear a lot sooner: I got an email from Dick's Sporting Goods with the Giants stuff about an hour or so after the game (being a Packers fan, however, I deleted it).

Now I know the next question: what happens to the losing team swag? They donate it to the third world where no one cares about the sport. Which means somewhere in Africa someone thinks the Bills were one of the best teams of the 80s-90s.

I might be biased, but I didn't really care for the game. Didn't like either team in it, the commercials were definitely more miss than hit and Madona's performance was definitely autotuned and was definitely competing with the Black Eyed Peas for worse halftime show. M.I.A.'s middle finger was a bit memorable though, and it did get a tad interesting at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    I was surprised by the Madonna announcement too. I personally thought John Mellencamp from Indiana should do the show.
    a) The Super Bowl basically never does local acts. Best cases in point: Paul McCarthy, The Who, and the Rolling Stones (all are British). They will occasionally use local groups for minor roles (as in the marching bands for the background).
    b) When one performs at the SB, it's usually because they got something to promote. Madonna has a new album, as did the BEP last year, Bruce Springsteen, . The Who were going on tour. I can't think of something Mellencamp has been doing that would warrant doing the show.
    c) Seeing how they invited the BEP last year, it's clear they're finally over their post-Janet Jackson old rocker stage and are fine with using current artists again. Like I said, Madonna has a new album, so it's not surprising she did it. The surpassing part is that they went with her, seeing how it's admittedly a male-dominated event in viewership, and that she's still performing like she's in her 20s (come on Madonna. You're old enough to me a grandmother).
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 6th February 2012 at 7:05 AM.

I have claimed Giratina

Well, I just got home from work, what a crazy night! We opened right after the game, ant there were fans waiting by the door to get in. Now our store is pretty big, and yet the line managed to wrap around twice, but once 130 came, it died down a lot. There was a lot of cleaning to do, and I mean a lot. There was a visible trail of NYG swag that customers had decided against, and had just thrown on the floor. Quite a few drunks in there, couple of beer cans lying around. Showers of boos rained down upon the idiots that came in wearing Pats stuff, and for some reason an Eagles fan.

As for the game, both played well in the first half (even though they had a safety, Pata made up for it with 2 sacks IIRC), Pats picked it up in the third, but sadly the Giants pulled it out in the end. That beam of a pass to Manningham on the sideline has swayed me to believe Eli is an elite QB.

Giants deserved to win, based on how they played. That last drive for NE was painful to watch.

The half time show wasn't that bad, but age has certainly caught up with her, not as flexible as she used to be. I'm not one for mixing old and new, so I wasn't thrilled about NM and LMFAO.

Anyone else see Madonna trip slightly on her way down the steps for the first time during the first song?
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 6th February 2012 at 9:09 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Madonna did a great job IDK what people are saying. My grandma can't hold a candle to her and they about the same age.

As for the Giants winning... I need me some of that victory casserole. PASS THE SALT!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Rick Reilly talking out of his butt to please ESPN this morning.

"Why not have this matchup EVERY year?

You wish ESPN. Dang northeast bias. No the country does NOT want to see a Boston/New York championship every year like you do

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Rick Reilly talking out of his butt to please ESPN this morning.

"Why not have this matchup EVERY year?

You wish ESPN. Dang northeast bias. No the country does NOT want to see a Boston/New York championship every year like you do
    I'm interested in finding out how many people thought Bama-LSU was a terrible matchup but Giants-Pats was amazing...

Don't worry though; by the end of the week everyone who's not a Giants fan will stop caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    Madonna did a great job IDK what people are saying. My grandma can't hold a candle to her and they about the same age.

As for the Giants winning... I need me some of that victory casserole. PASS THE SALT!
    Of course; she lip-synced it.
    Last edited by kaiser soze; 6th February 2012 at 2:16 PM.

I have claimed Giratina

I felt bad for Tom Brady and Mr. Kraft at the end of that game. But great job to Eli and hist receiving core they played amazing.

Well, all the NYG frontrunners are all out today, in full force -__-
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I live here in NJ and let me tell you, I hope all that paints washes off easily from their cars especially by next year. College and work should be an interesting day today...
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Forgot to post this last night, but...speaking of that halftime performance, did anyone catch M.I.A.'s crude gesture?

Because I didn't until shortly after the game was over. Was curious if anyone noticed it.

Giants won, just as I thought. The game was weird, though. Tom Brady and Gronkowski didn't play as well as I expected them too, and the Giants defense did better than I thought they would against the amazing Patriots offense.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    I'm interested in finding out how many people thought Bama-LSU was a terrible matchup but Giants-Pats was amazing.
    I thought the LSU-Alabama game was pretty boring, but this game I enjoyed a lot more. I don't think it was "amazing" or anything, but in my opinion it was certainly better than the LSU-Alabama game.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

How bout them giants!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had a great super bowl sunday, the game was spectacular i was praying/tebowing so we wouldn't lose and it worked!!!!!!
    1 play right after i prayed to allah, eli manning threw that pass to mario manningham to set up the td by bradshaw, which should go down as the most silliest super bowl play in history.
    After that me and my brother and some of his friends went to the streets and yelled
    gggggggg-mmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnn

I was actually rooting for the Patriots during the last couple seconds. They were practically back at the other endline on fourth down and they got all the way back across the field. They missed their one shot at winning, but I think that's still something to be proud of.

^ Click this for good times ^

Default Giants ftw

Nobody can beat the Giants.
    Giants ftw

If the Giants were so great, they would have soundly beat the Patriots. They were about to lose last night.

^ Click this for good times ^

*Welker misses pass to nearly clinch game*

My life is over...

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Giants really didn't win the game in my mind. The Patriots lost it with terrible plays.

If Welker snagged that pass at the 20 I'd say the game is clinched.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Gelatino, the Giants also beat the Pats in the regular season.

I said nobody can beat them, not nobody can Loose to them badly.

Page 99 of 264 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast