View Poll Results: Do you think Gun Laws are a positive thing?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

107 59.78%
  • No

72 40.22%
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Laws- Positive or Negative?

Default Strict Gun Laws- Positive or Negative?

I am a proud resident of the State of Florida (one of the few states that allow suppressors and automatic firearms to be legally bought and owned) and a avid weapons collector. Recently a close friend of mine got arrested by moving to California while attempting to transfer his Russian PPSh-41 (His grandfather served with the Red Army in WWII) and had most of his other weapons including my favorite Fully-Functional Nambu Type 100 which was my personal gift to him.

On that note, do you think strict Gun safety is unfair? In my opinion, I believe SOME states are to strict with gun safety thinking that a mass murder will occur if they allow residents to own guns and certain accessories. Debate!
    Last edited by littlea53; 30th April 2011 at 4:34 AM.
    WHITE FC - 3138 9749 0073

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/nysgo9.gif[/IMG]
    Credit to _Mew for the banner.

Guns arent needed, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Guns have put food on my plate. Plus it relieves a lot of my stress.

Quote Originally Posted by littlea53 View Post
    Guns have put food on my plate. Plus it relieves a lot of my stress.
    And there aren't other methods of doing these things?
    I don't play 4th Gen or 5th Gen.

My Youtube Channel. Feel tired of 5th Gen, with Stealth Rock, Eviolite, Choice Scarf, and priority everywhere? Come check out some good old ADV OU, where you can waste your time watching battles that go on for more than 50 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 in the thread "Is the God of the Bible Good, Evil or Neutral?"
    I think he rolled Chaotic Neutral.

But they are pretty awesome.

really it depends HOW strict they are, there needs to be some form of gun law, but i mean not like full out "you cant own guns period".

Why not, guns are made with the sole reason of killing, owning is sayimg your willing to kill, I find it more effective if people owned Tazers or Stun guns, same effect, maybe even better.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoniteKnight View Post
    really it depends HOW strict they are, there needs to be some form of gun law, but i mean not like full out "you cant own guns period".
    Semper Fi. I should make it clearer. I mean strict laws as in CA or NJ. When people talk about communist states, I think of those.

Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    And there aren't other methods of doing these things?
    Yes and No. I live in a sparsely populated rural area and to me, it's easier to walk a 1/4 mile into my backyard, kill a hog with my AR-15 (Stag Arms Model 8 civilian piston action. No select fire) bring it home and fill my freezer for the winter than spend 100-200 dollars at the nearest grocery store (6 miles away) on money that could be buying me new cows or hens. Of course my lovely fiance has a vegetable garden but I NEED MY MEAT plain and simple.

Why not, guns are made with the sole reason of killing, owning is sayimg your willing to kill, I find it more effective if people owned Tazers or Stun guns, same effect, maybe even better.
    But what if someone broke into your place of residence with a Glock 17 or some weapon like that, tied up your family and possibly you? Whats a pepper spray can going to do? You have to get close and by the time you reach the effective range he would of killed you, and everybody in the area. All because you were ignorant enough to not own a firearm of sorts.
    Last edited by littlea53; 30th April 2011 at 4:41 AM.

Sounds like you enjoy killing animals.

Sounds like you enjoy killing animals.
    orrrr, he likes saving a **** load of money, time, and resources.

guns are made with the sole reason of killing
    And more importantly, being awesome.

Lol, hunting deer with a stun gun.

And for some, having a gun on them would have saved the lives of their loved ones.

There is a story I heard while at a Conservative Convention doing a interview for my Government class, in which a woman who is very much pro gun came up to speak. She talked about how her, and her family were part of the Luby's Massacre, in which a gun man burst into the restaurant and opened fire. When she was taking cover in the booth with her family, she realized that she had a open shot to kill the shooter. Then she realized that because you could not carry a gun inside of a building at the time, that she had left it in the car instead of in her purse. Because of that gun law, and her desire to obey it, her mother and father were shot dead by the gunman.

Like it or not, there are times when guns do save people.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    And for some, having a gun on them would have saved the lives of their loved ones.

There is a story I heard while at a Conservative Convention doing a interview for my Government class, in which a woman who is very much pro gun came up to speak. She talked about how her, and her family were part of the Luby's Massacre, in which a gun man burst into the restaurant and opened fire. When she was taking cover in the booth with her family, she realized that she had a open shot to kill the shooter. Then she realized that because you could not carry a gun inside of a building at the time, that she had left it in the car instead of in her purse. Because of that gun law, and her desire to obey it, her mother and father were shot dead by the gunman.

Like it or not, there are times when guns do save people.
    My condolences to all who died. And that is very true. That is why there is a law that states if someone breaks into your house, you can kill them legally. What are you going to do if someone breaks in and you don't have a gun? Beat em to death with there own skull?

But what if someone broke into your place of residence with a Glock 17 or some weapon like that, tied up your family and possibly you? Whats a pepper spray can going to do? You have to get close and by the time you reach the effective range he would of killed you, and everybody in the area. All because you were ignorant enough to not own a firearm of sorts.

If your tied up, you're not gonna be doing anything anyway, and who said pepper spray? I said a stun gun. Lighter, more accurate, more effective.

If your tied up, you're not gonna be doing anything anyway, and who said pepper spray? I said a stun gun. Lighter, more accurate, more effective.
    Still, you have to be 2 feet away. And while your trying to "Stun" him he points the muzzle point-blank to your person and opens fire.

Some people deserve to die, JB. A rapist won't be deterred by eletctroshock (possibly turned on even more, but we're no talking about fetishes), and a murderer would'nt think **** about a stun gun.

Oh, and guns have one advantage over nonlethal weapons. Range, and speed. They can kill you before you pull out your tazer, and they would probably think nothing about your death, either.

The problem is that with a tazer, you are going to have to be a lot closer than a weapon. You also are going to have to hope that the attacker does not come after you when you stop the juice. Furthermore you will have to walk away at some point to dial the police. When it comes to some one breaking into your house, you MUST assume the worst case scenario, and as such you MUST assume the person there is not only there to steal your stuff, but hurt you and your family. As such lethal force with a "Shoot First and Ask Questions Later" policy is the best, and safest way to protect yourself and others.

Yeah because being tied up with a 10 pound handgun that you have load a bullet into chamber so it makes a loud sound obviously puts you at a better advantage.

EDIT; Ninja'd
    Last edited by Jb; 30th April 2011 at 5:00 AM.

Guns kill. That's an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeckledorf Spoongeblorb View Post
    A rapist won't be deterred by eletctroshock (possibly turned on even more, but we're no talking about fetishes),
    Not caring about electrocution? Must be a pretty hot chick he's atempting to rape.

Very well, what about hunting then? Should you be allowed to carry guns to hunt game for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    The problem is that with a tazer, you are going to have to be a lot closer than a weapon. You also are going to have to hope that the attacker does not come after you when you stop the juice. Furthermore you will have to walk away at some point to dial the police. When it comes to some one breaking into your house, you MUST assume the worst case scenario, and as such you MUST assume the person there is not only there to steal your stuff, but hurt you and your family. As such lethal force with a "Shoot First and Ask Questions Later" policy is the best, and safest way to protect yourself and others.
    And the best way to learn that strategy is to be in the situation yourself. I was once being chased through the woods by a 500 pound boar (exaggeration). Hugest tusks I ever saw (should of taken a picture). My .32 Beretta Tomcat saved my life since I dropped my AR in panic.

Yeah because being tied up with a 10 pound handgun that you have load a bullet into chamber so it makes a loud sound obviously puts you at a better advantage.

EDIT; Ninja'd
    I've silently loaded a bullet into the chamber of my Arisaka. Just got to keep it well oiled and cared for. And my .32 weighs WAY less than 10 pounds. My AR only weighs about 7 pounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ralts View Post
    Not caring about electrocution? Must be a pretty hot chick he's atempting to rape.
    Well, keyword "Stun" Gun.

Very well, what about hunting then? Should you be allowed to carry guns to hunt game for fun?
    People do that....... It's a legitimate sport. Just like Skeet Shooting.
    Last edited by littlea53; 30th April 2011 at 5:12 AM.

Well, keyword "Stun" Gun.
    Unless I'm mistaken, a "stun gun" is a weapon that generates an electric shock in an attempt to harm whatever creature the electric shock comes in contact with, so I see no problem with my post.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast