Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2773

Thread: 3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

My Final Team

~ Moonwalk (Must always know Water Pulse and Return, can only evolve into Wartortle after soloing either my rival's Ivysaur or Venusaur with Return and can only evolve into Blastoise when I reach the Sevii Islands and it misses 10 times with all its moves combined)
    ~ Night (Can only evolve once every else in my party is fully evolved. If Dubiotic fails to evolve, it must have one non-damaging move in its moveset)
    ~ Altena (Can't take part in any gym battles until it evolves, must kill one pokemon from each remaining gym leader, must learn either Rock Slide Move Tutor and solo 6 grunts in Rocket Hideout or EQ TM and solo half of my rivals team in the last rival battle before Victory Road)
    ~ Dubiotic (Must be caught with a regular Pokeball asap and can only evolve if the first time it tries to evolve, its in a gym. If it does evolve, it must know Tri Attack and Magnitude as its ONLY Ground attack. If not, it must know Earthquake as its ONLY Ground attack)
    ~ 3H-Destroy (Must be a female and Lv21 with Early Bird when I catch it and must be caught in a Premier Ball on Route 16 before I catch or faint any other Pokemon or defeat any other trainers on that route, Can only evolve by soloing the three bird keepers on Route 18 with Level up STAB moves, It must learn Fly but can only learn it by soloing the two bikers and bird keeper on Route 15 and Bird Keeper on Route 14 and must start these battles using Tri-Attack, Its E4 Moveset must be Tri Attack, Drill Peck, Fly and Steel Wing)
    ~ Polarize (Can't be caught until after I beat Sabrina, Must solo Lt. Surge last, Blaine, Giovanni, Agatha and Bruno. Apart from these and the E4 + Champion it can't be used in any major battles, Must solo 3 Legendary Birds after I get the Rainbow Pass. Prior to the E4, must know Tri Attack, Shock Wave, Thunder Wave and one of Metal Sound, Screech, Supersonic or Reflect)

I've PMed Chibi Muffin and she says its OK for Squirtle to have Water Pulse so the above is my Final team. I've already planned out how I'm going to do it so I'm going to get started tonight!

Wish me luck - I'm gonna need it!
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Alright guys, I've been rushing through the first few gym battles and I've just defeated Misty so I'll rush through what happened. I started the game, called myself Red and my rival Blue and withdrew the potion. I went north of Pallet and returned to Oak's Lab, where I duly picked Squirtle and nicknamed him Moonwalk. Blue was relatively easy and Moonwalk dispatched him pretty quickly. I did the Oak's parcel side-quest, got the Town Map and Pokedex and went north, training Moonwalk to Lv12. I swept Viridian Forest and Brock's trainer before sweeping Blue with Water Gun and Tackle on Pidgey and Bulbasaur respectively. At Lv16, after rejecting evolution, Moonwalk was ready for Brock. Moonwalk defeated Geodude easily with Bubble and Onix with Water Gun giving me the Boulder Badge! Sadly, things would only get harder from here. I dashed through Route 3 defeating as few trainers as possible so I could go into Mt. Moon, where I ran in, captured a Clefairy nicknamed Night and ran out. Night was easy to train and even more so with the trainers on Route 3 that I had left, so soon she was on a par with Moonwalk at Lv18. Mt. Moon was pretty easy and both were at Lv21 when I exited. After teaching Moonwalk Mega Punch, I went south and picked up an Ekans at Lv10 which I named Altena. Ekans, it turned out were really frustrating to train, but eventually, Altena reached Lv21, through the help of some trainers in Misty's gym. I healed up, deposited Altena (who can't take part in any gym battles due to Polarize's requirements) and took on Misty. It was a tough battle. Firstly, Night put Staryu to sleep and then slowly took it down with Pound. In spite of Misty healing, Night still prevailed. Then, Night put Starmie to sleep and I used Minimize four times whilst Starmie was asleep. Sadly, I forgot Starmie had Swift which quickly dispatched Night. However, I still had Moonwalk up my sleeve. Moonwalk took care of Starmie through four Bites, though he nearly died and I was lucky that Water Pulse didn't confuse me. Still, I had the Cascade Badge and promptly taught TM03 - Water Pulse to Moonwalk, as per his requirements.
    My team:

Moonwalk - Squirtle Lv22
    Naive Male
    Water Gun
    Water Pulse
    Mega Punch
    Bite

Night - Clefairy Lv21
    Bold Female
    Pound
    Doubleslap
    Minimize
    Sing

Altena - Ekans Lv21
    Adamant () Male
    Bite
    Glare
    Poison Sting
    Wrap

Spoiler:- My Team and Requirements:

Btw: I have a question. When Gustavo14 gave me the requirements for Altena, he said don't use it in gym battles which I took to mean Gym Leader Battles. However, I've only just realised that it could be extended to mean gym battles with the trainers. I've already used Altena on the trainers in Cerulean Gym. Now, I'm not going to disqualify myself on this basis as I didn't really realise, but just for future reference, what do you think? Should Altena be able to take part in future gym trainer battles?

I would appreciate any other opinions on this.

Sorry guys, I have been playing! Its just that my third badge was the Marsh Badge so its taken me a while to get to that stage. I'm waaay past where I was and, considering I've done four rival battles since the last badge, I probably won't remember all of them, but I'll do my best. From last time, I healed up and went north, running into Blue who promptly challenged me to a battle. Moonwalk defeated Pidgeotto but lost to a crit Hyper Fang from Rattata, Altena took out Rattata and Abra before falling to Bulbasaur before Night mopped up and slowly took out Bulbasaur (Well that's as much as I can remember!) I sped north and went straight to Bill to pick up the SS Ticket. From here, I exited Cerulean City and went straight to Vermillion City, avoiding as many trainers as possible along the way. I stocked up on Pokeballs and went to catch Dubiotic. In the end, it wasn't very difficult to catch it and I promptly trained it to a similar level to the rest of my team, but not too far as it had to first attempt to evolve in a gym. I then swept the SS Anne, defeating Blue again towards the end. Again, I can't remember much from the battle, but Ivysaur definitely gave me a few problems with bloody Razor Leaf! I think everyone died bar Moonwalk and Night. Anyway, I picked up HM01 - Cut and taught it a random Oddish I had as a HM slave and entered the Vermillion Gym. By beating the three trainers there, Dubiotic got to Lv26 and thankfully evolved into Dugtrio as the first stage evolutions were really annoying me! Next stage was Rock Tunnel and I messed up twice, first going there without Flash and then going to the Oak's Aide without catching 10 Pokemon. Eventually I got my bearings and I zipped through Rock Tunnel easily, avoiding as many trainers as possible. In there, I taught Dubiotic Rock Slide as I had decided that Altena would take the EQ TM. Once in Lavender Town, I avoided the trainers and headed south, first healing up and then going to the lower gate which thankfully had TM27 - Return. I taught it to Moonwalk as per his requirements and went straight for the rival battle in Pokemon Tower. If Moonwalk soloed Ivysaur with Return, he could evolve! After Pidgeotto was taken down by Dubiotic's Rock Slide, I switched to Moonwalk and used Return. Two Returns got Ivysaur down to yellow health, but two Razor Leaf's killed Moonwalk. Luckily, I had a revive, so sent out the Oddish HM Slave and revived Moonwalk. Once Oddish had died, I sent out Moonwalk again who finished Ivysaur off with Return - YES! I could now evolve Moonwalk. Moonwalk took out Kadabra and Growlithe whilst Altena was able to grind down Gyarados. My next task was to get to Celadon City and free up Saffron City with the Tea. This was easy enough, but at this point, aware I'd need a lot of money in the future, I took a break and caught 40 Pokemon so I'd be able to pick up the Amulet Coin after defeating Sabrina. The Rocket Hideout was pretty easy. Since Altena was learning EQ, he didn't need to solo 6 grunts, so this made it easier. Geovanni was pretty simple. Moonwalk OHKOed Onix and Rhyhorn with Water Pulse and Kangaskhan was taken out with Night's Brick Break. With the Silph Scope in hand, I rushed back to the Pokemon Tower and went up as fast as possible as I rescued Fuji and took the Pokeflute as a prize. I could now complete Silph Co! I made sure all my Pokemon were Lv38 before attempting it, but luckily, though it took me a while, I was still able to complete it relatively easy. My rival was difficult, but I managed it in the end - Pidgeot was ground down by a few Rock Slides, Venusaur was a massive pain, but thanks to Altena's Shed Skin and a whole lotta luck, Night and Altena combined to defeat him. Alakazam was surprisingly OHKOed by a Magnitude 8 (I think) from Dubiotic, before Dubiotic finished off Gyarados with Rock Slide and Growlithe fell to Water Pulse. Geovanni was much easier once I'd healed. Both Nidorino and Nidoqueen fell to Night and her Psychic, whilst Kangaskhan was worn down by a combination of Night's Brick Break and Moonwalk's Return. Finally Rhyhorn was OHKOed by Water Pulse. I collected my Master Ball, healed up, swept the Saffron Gym trainers and trained my Pokes to Lv45. No Altena for gym battles of course, so I deposited him and prepared for what I thought would be a tough battle. In the end, it was much, much easier than I thought it would be. Both Kadabra and Mr. Mime were taken out by a Magnitude (Firstly 5 and then 8) before Venomoth was soloed by two Psychics from Night. Finally, Moonwalk used Skull Bash, which took Alakazam down to yellow health whilst he used Calm Mind twice and then he used Future Sight and I used Return to defeat Alakazam and take the Marsh Badge! Phew!

My team:

Moonwalk - Watortle Lv45
    Naive Male
    Water Pulse
    Water Gun
    Return
    Skull Bash

Night - Clefairy Lv45
    Bold Female
    Psychic
    Meteor Mash
    Metronome
    Moonlight

Altena - Ekans Lv45
    Adamant Male
    Secret Power
    Glare
    Acid
    Dig

Dubiotic - Dugtrio Lv45
    Quiet Female
    Slash
    Rock Slide
    Magnitude
    Dig (I'll delete it asap)

Well its going well, but the worst is yet to come! I'll have a new Pokemon by next time so keep reading and hopefully I'll get a new badge soon!

ETA: Winter02, it is impossible to get Premier Balls in FR/LG. The ten Pokeballs trick doesn't work so I'll just use a Pokeball instead, if that's OK?
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 5th September 2013 at 8:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espeon0429 View Post
    ETA: Winter02, it is impossible to get Premier Balls in FR/LG. The ten Pokeballs trick doesn't work so I'll just use a Pokeball instead, if that's OK?
    Go for it. I thought Premier Balls could be obtained there, but I must have forgotten about it.
    Good luck with the rest of your challenge as well.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    Go for it. I thought Premier Balls could be obtained there, but I must have forgotten about it.
    Good luck with the rest of your challenge as well.
    Thank you!

One other thing, I may be being impatient, but out of all the Pokemon on that route, I haven't yet seen one at Lv19 or Lv21. If I try for, say two more hours and don't see one, can I just use a Lv22 one instead?

Thank you!

One other thing, I may be being impatient, but out of all the Pokemon on that route, I haven't yet seen one at Lv19 or Lv21. If I try for, say two more hours and don't see one, can I just use a Lv22 one instead?
    Now that I look at the complete Encounter Slots for the game, it seems like it's impossible for one to appear at level 21. I apologize for this, I thought it was possible since the sites I looked at before had it listed as level "18-22". So go for level 22 instead.

Ok, I need a team, I have never done this challenge before
    Requirements:
    I need at least one water pokemon and one flying pokemon, and a pokemon who can use rock smash, cut, etc.
    The first six pokemon listed will be used, unless they can't have all the hms.

By the way, I am an experienced pokemon player, so when choosing pokemon for me, BRING IT ON!

Choose my pokemon and final requirements!
    I'm not sure how to ask this right.
    Last edited by jaden767; 6th September 2013 at 3:48 AM.

jaden767, which game are you playing? Either way, take a Goldeen. Evolve into Seaking after soloing the three last Gym Leaders without Water-moves. And it must start each of these battles with less than half of its HP left. In order to learn any HMs, it must survive a STAB-move from a wild Electric- or Grass-type at a higher level than itself. If you take nicknames, name it D.estinate.

jaden767 - If you're playing RSE, get yourself a Nincada. Which of its two evolutions you'll use will depend on which challenge you want to take. If you decide on using it to solo all Magma/Aqua grunts until the Slateport Museum, you'll use the Ninjask. If you decide on using it to solo all Magma/Aqua grunts until Mt. Chimney, you'll use the Shedinja. Either way, name it Brisk.

If you're playing FRLG, get yourself a Meowth with Pickup. It must Pickup 10 different items as well as use Pay Day in 10 different matches to evolve into Persian. Name it Ten. Good luck!

Berries -- Escape Rope -- A Friday

images were taken from three specific pages of Serebii.net

[QUOTE=Dramatic Melody;16366516]
    It's Emerald.

My party so far
    1. Nincada - Shedinja, solo Nincada versus Aqua/Magma grunts until Mt. Chimney. Name: Brisk

(Also, no cheats, so Emerald pokemon only)

[QUOTE=jaden767;16366711]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramatic Melody View Post
    It's Emerald.

My party so far
    1. Nincada - Shedinja, solo Nincada versus Aqua/Magma grunts until Mt. Chimney. Name: Brisk

(Also, no cheats, so Emerald pokemon only)
    Well, take the Ninjask that came along with Shedinja.

It must be Male.

I
    After Evolving, it may not be used until Liza and Tate are beaten.

It must solo Winona after beating Wally at Victory Road.

Before challenging the Pokémon zleague, it must know: Aerial Ace, Dig, Shadow Ball, and Fury Cutter.
    It may never forget those Moves.

jaden767, take a Skarmory. Name it Valiant. Its only damage-dealing attacks can be Cut and Rock Smash until you use it to solo a Gym Leader, after which you can teach it whatever moves you want.

Alright people, I have beaten Koga and done the last bit of the Scramble challenge before it gets REALLY tough. So, from last time, I went to collect the Bike, something I hadn't done before and went to buy some Premier Balls. Sadly, as I soon discovered the Premier Ball trick doesn't work in FR/LG so after clarifying with Winter02, I caught 3H-Destroy in a Pokeball instead at Lv22. Just as I was exiting, I ran into a shiny Spearow (!) which I promptly caught and later stowed away in my box. I stayed, defeated the double trainers and collected HM02 - Fly, which I couldn't yet use until I'd fulfilled a few of 3H-Destroy's requirements. I cycled down to Fuchsia City and trained 3H-Destroy up a bit on the trainer at the bottom of Cycling Road with the three Koffings and two Weezings. Initially, I trained it to Lv34, before attempting to solo the three trainers in Route 18, but it fainted on the Dodrio trainer. As I SRed, I realized I hadn't saved since before I trained 3H-Destroy. I eventually trained her up again and this time, she was able to take out all three trainers without much difficulty and she evolved into Dodrio afterwards! I went to Route 15 and soloed the two Bikers and one of the Bird Keepers there and soloed a Bird Keeper on Route 14 to finally fulfill the requirements to teaching 3H-Destroy Fly. Next, I trained her up to be on a par with the rest of my Pokemon, cleaned out the Fuchsia Gym of regular trainers and trained everyone to Lv48. Before taking on Koga, though, I went through the Safari Zone to first get HM03 - Surf (And I soon taught it to Moonwalk) and also caught loads of Paras as I knew I'd need to use the Two Island Move Tutor a lot. I collected 26 Tinymushrooms and 5 Big Mushrooms before stopping (Lol) and taking on Koga (depositing Altena of course). Koga was pretty easy - Night OHKOed Koffing 1 with Psychic, before Dubiotic eased to victory against Muk with a Magnitude 9. Koffing 2 fell to Moonwalk's Water Pulse, before 3H-Destroy 2HKOed Weezing with Drill Peck (I LOVE using Dodrio!) to secure an easy victory.

My team:

Moonwalk - Wartortle Lv48
    Naive Male
    Water Pulse
    Surf
    Return
    Skull Bash

Night - Clefairy Lv48
    Bold Female
    Psychic
    Meteor Mash
    Metronome
    Moonlight

Altena - Ekans Lv48
    Adamant Male
    Secret Power
    Glare
    Acid
    Dig

Dubiotic - Dugtrio Lv48
    Quiet Female
    Slash
    Rock Slide
    Magnitude (I deleted Dig at Fuchsia because it can only know one ground move)

3H-Destroy - Dodrio Lv48
    Serious Female
    Fly
    Steel Wing
    Drill Peck
    Tri Attack

Here is where it gets tough. I'm going to go and collect Polarize and train him up on all the trainers I've avoided, but tbh, I think he needs to be about Lv60 to solo Blaine (Who I'm fighting next) so I might not update for a while. See you soon!

Oh btw, Jaden 767, Take a Barboach that must solo Winona to evolve. It must know Amnesia from when it learns it onwards.

Hello all, I am going to do a run through of one game from every region and have decided to start with Pokémon SAPHIRE. So I'll be wanting six pokemon from that game including a starter, any restrictions you want I'll take. Please be quick since I only have a month to play through five games completely.

Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?
    Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!
    Come say hello in our Time Out thread and we'll get you started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary pokémon? The choice is yours!

deh74, take a Sableye. Nickname it Iridescent. It can learn Ghost or Dark typed moves, but not both, and has to be entered in a Contest that matches the stat lowered/food disliked by its nature. If it has a neutral nature, it can be in any Contest, but use of Pokeblocks is forbidden (you can use Pokeblocks if they don't have a neutral nature).

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

OK guys, I have achieved my fifth badge (somehow) and collected the Volcano Badge! So, from last time, I traveled manually to the Power Plant (Since I can't Fly without Surge's badge) and Surfed south to collect Polarize. I found a Magnemite pretty quickly and named it Polarize. Now to begin the massive training process, since I wanted Polarize to be in excess of Lv60 by the time I took on Blaine. Luckily, all the trainers I had deliberately missed helped and soon with quite a bit of help from the VS Seeker, Polarize got to Lv60. With some more VS Seeker help (Best. Item. Ever. I swear) Polarize was Lv62 and the rest of the team were Lv52. In between this I improved some movesets, teaching Night Softboiled from that Move Tutor, as well as teaching Polarize Thunderbolt (I'm going to have to delete this Pre-E4 ), teaching Altena Strength (Not that I can do anything with it until I beat Erika) and Dubiotic Aerial Ace. I continued onwards Surfing south from Fuchsia and defeating all the trainers there, before training my non-Polarize part of my team to Lv54. I Biked to Pallet Town (Because I can't use Fly by virtue of not having Surge's badge) and Surfed south, taking out all trainers up to the Seafoam Islands. The next task was to get the Secret Key from the Pokemon Mansion which I did with the minimum of fuss before sweeping Blaine's gym of trainers. I healed up, deposited everyone bar Polarize and prepared for what I thought was going to be tough battle. As it turns out, it was incredibly easy. Polarize OHKOed Growlithe, Ponyta and Rapidash with Spark, before thumping Arcanine with Thunderbolt! I couldn't believe how easy that was!
    I'm sure you believe me, but in case you don't:

[IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/2qs5450.jpg[/IMG]

My team:

Moonwalk - Wartortle Lv55
    Naive Male
    Surf
    Water Pulse
    Return
    Hydro Pump

Night - Clefairy Lv55
    Bold Female
    Psychic
    Meteor Mash
    Metronome
    Softboiled

Altena - Ekans Lv55
    Adamant Male
    Strength
    Glare
    Acid
    Dig

Dubiotic - Dugtrio Lv55
    Quiet Female
    Slash
    Rock Slide
    Magnitude
    Aerial Ace

3H-Destroy - Dodrio Lv55 (<3)
    Serious Female
    Drill Peck
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Tri Attack

Polarize - Magneton Lv65
    Jolly
    Spark
    Tri Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave

I'm currently sitting in Three Island now, so I'll complete Moonwalk's final requirements to evolve him and then I hope that Geovanni's gym will be unlocked (But I'm not convinced it will be :/)
    Anyway, good luck to anyone doing Scrambles and I'll post again very soon I'm sure.

deh74 - Start with Mudkip and name it Axle. It can only evolve into Marshtomp after solo'ing all of the gym trainers in Flannery's gym then to Swampert after solo'ing all of the gym trainers in Wallace's gym [excluding Flannery and Wallace themselves].

Berries -- Escape Rope -- A Friday

images were taken from three specific pages of Serebii.net

My team so far:

Axle-Mudkip
    -Axle can only evolve into Marshtomp after solo'ing all of the gym trainers in Flannery's gym then to Swampert after solo'ing all of the gym trainers in Wallace's gym [excluding Flannery and Wallace themselves].

Iridescent-Sableye
    -Iridescent can learn Ghost or Dark typed moves, but not both, and has to be entered in a Contest that matches the stat lowered/food disliked by its nature. If it has a neutral nature, it can be in any Contest, but use of Pokeblocks is forbidden (you can use Pokeblocks if they don't have a neutral nature).

Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?
    Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!
    Come say hello in our Time Out thread and we'll get you started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary pokémon? The choice is yours!

deh74, take a Vulpix. It can evolve into Ninetales after your Mudkip has evolved fully. It must also know Imprison and use it once every battle before evolving. Nickname it FoxFlame.

deh74, take a Taillow that can only evolve into Swellow once its soloed Brawley. It must learn Fly, but can only do so after it defeats Gabby and Ty in all three of their appearances with your Sableye.

Guys, Dirkac told me that its possible to do Lt. Surge as the last gym but having done the Sevii Islands, Geovanni's gym is still locked. Is there any way to get it open or will I have to do the remaining two gyms first?

deh74, take a Taillow that can only evolve into Swellow once its soloed Brawley. It must learn Fly, but can only do so after it defeats Gabby and Ty in all three of their appearances with your Sableye.

Guys, Dirkac told me that its possible to do Lt. Surge as the last gym but having done the Sevii Islands, Geovanni's gym is still locked. Is there any way to get it open or will I have to do the remaining two gyms first?
    Hm, when I played LG, I delayed it until the Badge Check Gates. Did you clear Silph Co. Already? Because you need to beat Guovanni there for him to be in the Gym. If not, then just let Lt. Surge be second to last, because I'm puzzled at this.

Hi guys! I've never done a challenge on Serebii before, and I was wanting a team of 5 (plus a rotation of an HM slave). I'll be playing Emerald, and cannot do anything except in-game stuff, so assigning a starter would be OK, but I also want to mix it up a bit because although I'm pretty good at Pokemon, I've never played Emerald as it took SO long to find a GB and a copy of Emerald, and I'm too picky with my Pokemon - going as far as breeding IVs before beating the game, and I want a 'new' feeling to the game!

Thanks! :3
    wow, the inconsistency is real. y'all should message me

Monek_OP, take an Aron. Catch it in Granite Cave before you meet Steven there. To evolve into Lairon, it must defeat one of Brawly's Pokemon and one of Wattson's. To evolve into Aggron, it must solo all members of Team Aqua at the Weather Institute. It must also have Rock Head as its ability and it must know Iron Tail. If you take nicknames, name it Iron Nova.

take a Swalot. Name it Jack it must be male and be caught in a normal pokeball at the lowest level possible (excluding eggs). To evolve, it must beat 5 steel type pokemon and it must always know shockwave
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast