Page 39 of 111 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

- 'I LIEK' the Mudkip. Evolves to Marshtomp with all water moves, evolves to Swampert after soloing rival.

Mevejuma, take a Magnemite named MagneDance, it can evolve after soloing two trainers in the 7th gym.

- 'I LIEK' the Mudkip. Evolves to Marshtomp with all water moves, evolves to Swampert after soloing rival.
    - 'MagneDance' the Magnemite. Evolves to Magneton after soloing 2 trainers in Mossdeep gym.

Mavejuma, take a Cacnea. Must learn Needle Arm by level up to evolve. Name it Needlous.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

- 'MagneDance' the Magnemite. Evolves to Magneton after soloing 2 trainers in Mossdeep gym.
    - 'Needlous' the Cacnea. Evolves to Cacturne after learning Needle Arm by level up.

Another one or two earlier in game would be nice..

@Mevejuma, take a Minun nicknamed Negai. It must defeat three wild Plusle before it can learn its first Electric-type attack, Spark.

- 'Needlous' the Cacnea. Evolves to Cacturne after learning Needle Arm by level up.
    - 'Negai' the Minun. Cannot learn electric moves until it defeats 3 wild Plusle.

Just 2 more to go, one more that's pre-Brawly (preferably pre-Roxanne too) would be much appreciated.

Mevejuma, take a Slakoth and name it Caffeine. In order to evolve into Vigoroth, it must OHKO a wild pokemon before it slacks off. Then, in order to evolve again, it must solo Norman's own Slaking.

3DS FC: 0001-3758-4431
    *Credit goes to Garnet Til Alexandros XVII for the Userbar*

Mevejuma, go with Nincada. In order to determine the evolution you will use, determine about how much health the last pokemon it defeats has and if it was solo'd.

More than 50% and solo'd, use Ninjask who cannot use any priority moves and cannot use status moves except Swords Dance and Baton Pass.

Less than 50% and not solo'd, use Shedinja who has no restrictions except his first battle must be soloing Brawley.

More than 50% and not solo'd, Ninjask who must only use stab moves and Agility.

Less than 50% and solo'd, Shedinja who must solo five pokemon it has a type advantage to.

Nicknamed... Sploundero.
    Last edited by Bair50; 23rd August 2011 at 3:12 AM. Reason: Needed it's nickname.

Anyway, my final team for my scramble, which I think will be perfectly fine.

1. Nosepass named No, must solo five pokemon with just Zap Cannon, and only use normal type moves other than that.

2. Electrode, named Voltage, caught in Team Aqua's hideout, must solo all following members of Team Aqua, then it can use 80 base power moves. It then cannot fight anything it fought against Team Aqua. At E4, it may only use base power 120+/status moves.

3. Treecko, named Geico, must solo Roxanne to evolve. Then it must know Leaf Blade and Quick Attack to evolve again. It must always keep Aerial Ace and Leaf Blade.

4. Barboach, named Derp, to evolve, must know 1 Ground and 1 water move.

5. Makuhita, named Frederick, must use Fake Out on a gym leaders pokemon before I can evolve him.

6. Altaria, named Mr./Mrs. Cloud (gender based), must always know the move Sing.

So at this point in my game, I've solo'd Roxanne with my Treecko, so I evolved him into Grovyle. I also managed to make it to Granite Cave so I caught Frederick and am training him now.

Geico (Grovyle)
    Level 19
    Pursuit
    Quick Attack
    Absorb
    Leer

Frederick (Makuhita)
    Level 15

Vital Throw
    Arm Thrust
    Tackle
    Focus Energy

So now I have my final team:

- 'Negai' the Minun. Cannot learn electric moves until it defeats 3 wild Plusle.
    - 'Caffeine' the Slakoth. Evolves to Vigoroth after it OHKO's a wild Pokemon, evolves to Slaking after soloing Norman's Slaking.
    - 'Sploundero' the Nincada. Evolution rules as below:

Quote Originally Posted by Bair50 View Post
    In order to determine the evolution you will use, determine about how much health the last pokemon it defeats has and if it was solo'd.

More than 50% and solo'd, use Ninjask who cannot use any priority moves and cannot use status moves except Swords Dance and Baton Pass.

Less than 50% and not solo'd, use Shedinja who has no restrictions except his first battle must be soloing Brawley.

More than 50% and not solo'd, Ninjask who must only use stab moves and Agility.

Less than 50% and solo'd, Shedinja who must solo five pokemon it has a type advantage to.
    Not the strongest ever line-up I'm sure, especially with two electric types. But I suppose that makes Team Aqua, Juan and Wallace a bit easier. I'm not looking forward to figuring out which way to use Shedinja/Ninjask either, that was very creative. I'll start some time later and post progress.

I'll take an Emerald Scrambler challenge.

Rules:
    -No nickname requests, as I prefer naming them myself.
    -Will not take more then two of the same type
    -No challenges too outrageous, but do be challenging

Take a Torchic, to evolve, it must evolve after beating a gym leader, ex. ___ Beat Norman,
    Torchic is evolving )right after battle)
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke

Badges: 3
    Deaths: 0

Izz, take a Wingull which can evolve after soloing one trainer in the third gym.

Izz, have a Whismur. To evolve to Loudred it must solo all of the trainers on Slateport Beach, including the hut. To evolve to Exploud it must know at least 2 TM moves.

To update on my challenge, I began with 'I LIEK' the Mudkip, and quickly made my way to Petalburg Woods with as few trainer battles as possible so that I could capture 'Caffeine' the Slakoth. I then trained the two of them on the trainers up to Rustboro, though I left two after Petalburg Woods for 'Sploundero' the Nincada. It was around Rustboro that I realised Nincada and Slakoth are two Pokemon that require a lot of experience to level, especially Nincada. Thanks guys. As a result, I spent a lot of time training Sploundero and Caffeine to about level 14, and I LIEK to 15. I then took on Roxanne with I LIEK, who won easily and grew to level 16, though obviously I had to cancel the evolution - I also figured I LIEK can't evolve until level 33 at the earliest, I'm really in for it on this challenge. Caffeine OHKO'ed a wild Nincada with a critical hit on Scratch, so he is now able to evolve into Vigoroth, before Sploundero OHKO'ed the Aqua Grunt in Rusturf Tunnel. I brushed May aside on the way out of Rustboro, and I have just set foot in Dewford Town, ready to start training for Brawly. I'll try to get Sploundero to evolve into a Ninjask that can learn no priority moves, and only Swords Dance and Baton Pass for status moves, which will mean getting him to level 19, then training on much weaker Pokemon so he's guaranteed a solo victory with the finishing blow being while the opponent's HP is more than 50%.

Current Team:

I LIEK @ Quick Claw
    Level 16
    Mild Nature
    - Tackle
    - Bide
    - Mud Slap
    - Water Gun

Caffeine @ Silk Scarf
    Level 15
    Serious Nature
    - Scratch
    - Yawn
    - Encore
    - Slack Off

Sploundero @ Nothing
    Level 16
    Jolly Nature
    - Scratch
    - Harden
    - Leech Life
    - Fury Swipes

Current Team:

-Torchic-Must evolve right after a gym leader battle
    -Wingull-Can evolve after soloing one trainer in the third gym
    -Whismur- To evolve to Loudred, must solo all trainers in Slateport beach and hut, to evolve to Exploud must know 2 TM moves

Sounds good, three more now

Izz, have a Baltoy. To evolve it must get the 10% boost from Ancientpower at least once, and must learn Cosmic Power before evolving.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Izz, take a Sharpedo that can only know Water and Dark type moves.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Been a while since I've done this (and been on these boards) so hi all! Im feeling nostalgic so I thought I would start a new scramble challenge on Emerald

Rules
    Looking for a team based on the new MLP series (pure win) so I need team members to reflect each of the mane cast. Obviously needs to be an all female team but otherwise all movesets/ideas/criteria all welcome. Only other rule is I cant trade Thanks in advance

Izz to round off your team have a Cacnea can only evolve after 5 badges have been acquired

I've been feverishly playing since my last update, so there is a bit more to tell. I trained for a while in Granite Cave and Brawly's gym, until finally, Sploundero (Nincada) OHKO'ed a level 8 Abra with Leech Life to reach level 20 - this means I shall use a Ninjask that can only have Swords Dance and Baton Pass as it's non-offensive moves, and cannot learn priority moves. I trained I LIEK (Mudkip) and Caffeine (Slakoth) a couple of levels too, so that they were a bit stronger. Facing off against Brawly was a piece of cake, Sploundero was able to completely hack through him with Fury Cutter and his 4x resistance to Fighting. I moved off to Slateport and skipped the beach, deciding I should first catch 'Negai' the Minun and defeat 3 wild Plusle with him so that he would be able to learn Electric moves. I eventually realised Plusle are quite rare on Emerald - you guys have been so mean with my selections - but I eventually managed to find and defeat 3 of them. I then returned to the beach to train and took care of Team Aqua in the museum. Routes 110 and 102 followed, including the Trick House, which posed no problems, and Caffeine evolved into Vigoroth. Around Mauville and down Cycling Road I focused on training Caffeine and I LIEK in preparation for what will likely be my most difficult gym battle of my challenge. I'm stood in front of Watson ready to battle him, but more training may be required, either that or many attempts.

My current team:

I LIEK
    Level 24
    Mild Nature
    - Tackle
    - Bide
    - Mud Slap
    - Water Gun

Caffeine
    Level 24
    Serious Nature
    - Scratch
    - Yawn
    - Fury Swipes
    - Slack Off

Sploundero
    Level 21
    Jolly Nature
    - Scratch
    - Fury Cutter
    - Leech Life
    - Fury Swipes

Negai
    Level 22
    Bold Nature
    - Spark
    - Thunder Wave
    - Quick Attack
    - Encore

Quote Originally Posted by Mevejuma View Post
    I moved off to Slateport and skipped the beach, deciding I should first catch 'Negai' the Minun and defeat 3 wild Plusle with him so that he would be able to learn Electric moves. I eventually realised Plusle are quite rare on Emerald - you guys have been so mean with my selections - but I eventually managed to find and defeat 3 of them.
    Haha, that's why I made that certain restriction. I hope you had fun with that. xD

Current Team:

-Torchic-Must evolve right after a gym leader battle
    -Wingull-Can evolve after soloing one trainer in the third gym
    -Whismur- To evolve to Loudred, must solo all trainers in Slateport beach and hut, to evolve to Exploud must know 2 TM moves
    -Baltoy-must get the 10% boost from Ancientpower once, and must learn Cosmic Power before evolving.
    -Sharpedo that can only know Water and Dark type moves.
    -Cacnea- only evolve after getting 5 bagdes

Sounds good. I will start tomorrow and give updates later on

So, while playing fire red I completely forgot to update it and I actually finished it So I'll just put down the levels of my pokemon when I beat the elite four
    The first time :
    Turtley (Blastoise) level 51. Moves : Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Bite.
    Deedee (Dugtrio) level 48. Moves : Slash, Magnitude, Rock Slide, Dig.
    Mimien (Mr. Mime) level 53. Moves : Psychic, Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Reflect.
    Dodo (Dodrio) level 50. Moves : Tri Attack, Fly, Steel Wing, Drill Peck.
    Morphinae (Venomoth) level 49. Moves : Psychic, Giga Drain, Toxic, Sleep Powder.
    Reckless (Arcanine) level 54. Moves : Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Aerial Ace, Dig.

Second time (rematches) :
    Turtley (Blastoise) level 70. Moves : Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Bite.
    Deedee (Dugtrio) level 67. Moves : Slash, Magnitude, Earthquake, Rock Slide.
    Mimien (Mr. Mime) level 71. Moves : Psychic, Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Reflect.
    Dodo (Dodrio) level 68. Moves : Tri Attack, Fly, Steel Wing, Drill Peck.
    Morphinae (Venomoth) level 68. Moves : Psychic, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder.
    Reckless (Arcanine) level 74. Moves : Flamethrower, Hyper Beam (lolz), Aerial Ace, Overheat.

I got fed up of trying over and over again to defeat Watson, so I went and beat the Winstrate family (which I forgot to do before) and battle wild Pokemon to give everyone an extra level, which worked funnily enough, because I beat him within a couple of attempts. I didn't want to teach any of my party members the pathetic Rock Smash, so I went ALL the way back to around Petalburg just to catch a Zigzagoon to use it. The journey back was shorter though, because I was able to just go through Rusturf Tunnel and obtain Strength, which I taught to Caffeine (Vigoroth). I proceeded north, and did all the business around Meteor Falls, before disposing of Team Magma atop Mt. Chimney. I then entered Lavaridge Town and made my way through the gym to Flannery. She took a couple of resets, but it was mostly due to hax with Attract and paralysis. I'm now ready to pick up again later by heading to the desert to capture my Cacnea and train it in the Trick House, before some general team training in preparation for Norman.

Current team:

I LIEK @ Quick Claw
    Level 29
    Mild Nature
    - Tackle
    - Take Down
    - Mud Slap
    - Water Gun

Caffeine @ Silk Scarf
    Level 29
    Serious Nature
    - Strength
    - Yawn
    - Fury Swipes
    - Slack Off

Sploundero @ Nothing
    Level 27
    Jolly Nature
    - Scratch
    - Fury Cutter
    - Swords Dance
    - Fury Swipes

Negai @ Nothing
    Level 28
    Bold Nature
    - Spark
    - Thunder Wave
    - Quick Attack
    - Charm

Finished my scramble challenge in sapphire.
    Final team:
    MVP:Azumarill lvl72
    Magcargo lvl54
    Grumpig lvl55
    Haryama lvl52
    Exploud lvl48
    Swalot lvl49
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/s4awzd.jpg[/IMG]
    credit to mew_
    Check my shop out for some great events
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=528410
        Spoiler:- Spoiler: