Page 1 of 136 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Default 4th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

4th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver

What is a "Scramble Challenge"?

The Scramble Challenge involves playing through the storyline and beating the game seeing the credits) with a team of six Pokemon which are assigned to you by other people on this forum. You may also be given certain guidelines, limitations, and restrictions concerning the Pokemon, usually by the person who suggested the Pokemon themselves. However, you may also create limitations for yourself.

The goal of the Scramble Challenge is to be able to complete the game without using the most powerful Pokemon, or your own favorites. It encourages you to think outside the box and make the most of what you are given.

Example Posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Some Challenger
    Looking for more Pokemon for a Pokemon Diamond play-through, taking additional restrictions. My team is:
    - Empoleon, must know Metal Claw
    - Crobat, must solo 2nd gym to evolve
    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy
    @ Challenger, take a Roserade. It cannot learn Giga Drain.

Scramble Challenge Rules:

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • Always mention your planned team (based on others' responses) when you ask for more team members, so others know what has already been suggested.
    • You may create your own set of (minor) restrictions concerning gameplay - just be sure to mention those as well. If you have a lot of/and or major restrictions though consider using the 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' threads instead.
    • Just because of the fact that not everyone is on the same level experience-wise, you may reject team suggestions. However, please don't abuse this. If you feel that you need a really easy challenge, say so.
    • Typically, no Legendaries and no duplicates are allowed. Apparently, trading in any form (except for evolution) is discouraged, as well as post-Nat. Dex Pokémon, but if you wish to use a traded Pokemon you may,
    • Note that it's your game, and you can change the difficulty, limitations, and pretty much anything else, to suit your playing style. For example, if you want to breed in one game and send things over.
    • Please limit your suggestions to one per team (if it's rejected, you may suggest again), so that everyone can contribute. If the challenger's team goes two or more pages without a suggestion, you may suggest a maximum of an extra one, but no more.
    • Purposely giving challengers blatantly terrible choices (Lillipup that may not evolve at all, etc.) is against the spirit of the game and will not be tolerated.
    • Make sure all your suggestions are directed clearly. Using "@" is encouraged.
    • Enjoy! It's a game, after all!

Scramble Challenge Rules originally by Monochromatic from a previous thread with minor changes.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 30th April 2011 at 9:34 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Hit me with two teams please.

A Platinum Scramble. I will not accept Move Restrictions, There must be a maximum of two shared types across the whole team. No nicknames, I do that myself. Oh, and I must use my starter, which will be Piplup. I will not use a Pokemon that is Grass type.

Platinum Scramble
    - Pipin (Piplup)- You choose the restrictions.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

And the other one, a HeartGold Monotype, Scramble and Nuzlocke challenge.

So my rules are:
    • No legendaries.
    • One of my types MUST be Water.
    • You choose the other type. This type cannot be Grass or Normal.
    • No move restrictions.
    • No evolution restrictions involving Gym leaders themselves (So no "must solo Bugsy to evolve", or "Must solo Whitney's MIltank to evolve." But I will accept wild Pokemon evolutions, or trainer evolutions, like "Must defeat five wild Geodude to evolve", "Must solo a trainer in Falkner's gym to evolve" or "Must solo Youngster Joey to evolve")
    • I must use my starter Pokemon. This will be Totodile.
    • I will not be using Typhlosion, Togekiss, Lanturn, Kanghaskan, or any other Pokemon in their evolutionary line. Either because I've already used them or because I hate the Pokemon.
    • Three Pokemon of each type I get. So three Fighting and three of the other type. If I have one that is both types, then obviously one extra from one of the types.
    • I can use Pokemon form other games as I have Platinum, Emerald. One Pokemon must be a Pokemon not normally obtainable in HG.
    • I must always evolve my Pokemon fully.

HeartGold Water/??? Monotype/Scramble/Nuzlocke challenge.
    - Toto (Totodile)- You choose the restrictions.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Proby3 for you Platinum: take a Magnemite that evolves to Magneton after reaching Iron Island. Evolve to Magnezone only after you reach Spear Pilalr.

Also if you want, your restrictions for the Piplup will be- evolve to Prinplup after it defeats any 'fish' pokemon (besides Magikarp) using only Water moves. Evolve to Empoleon after defeating the final evolution of any fish pokemon (not counting Octillery/Gyarados/Milotic- it has to be fish-shaped).

For your Heart Gold-

Take a Clamperl that evolves to Huntail when it can defeat a Cloyster.

READ MY RULES BEFORE YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING.

Platinum Scramble
    - Pipin (Piplup)- Must defeat a fish Pokemon [not Magikarp] using water moves to evolve. Must defeat the final eovlution of a fish Pokemon to evolve [Must defeat a Pokemon that is a fish]
    - Magnemite (Magnus)- Evolve once once I reach Iron Island. Evolve second time one I reach Sky Pillar.
    -
    -
    -
    -

- Clamperl (Hunter)- Evolves into Huntail once it defeats a Cloyster.
    -
    -
    -
    -

i'm looking to do a hg scramble, my only rules are that i want to use totodile as my starter, you choose the restrictions, and I want my pokemon to all evolve fully thanks =)

@Proby;

For Platinum: Take a Bronzor. It must solo three of Cyrus's Pokemon in any battle in order to evolve.

For HG: Take a Qwilfish. No restrictions, because Qwilfish is awesome.

@pages104; Take a Snubbull. It can evolve into Granbull only after soloing Whitney. Enjoy~

pages014 take a Diglett that evolves after you clear the Team Rocket secret base in Mahogany Town.

Platinum Scramble
    - Pipin (Piplup)- Must defeat a fish Pokemon [not Magikarp] using water moves to evolve. Must defeat the final eovlution of a fish Pokemon to evolve [Must defeat a Pokemon that is a fish]
    - Magnemite (Magnus)- Evolve once once I reach Iron Island. Evolve second time one I reach Sky Pillar.
    -
    -
    -
    -

I'm denying Bronzor, sorry. I specifically said that there must not be more than tow shared types. That's separate types. Empoleon is part Steel, and Magnemite is part Steel. Sorry.
    So for everyone else, no more Steel!

- Quilfish (Puff Daddy)- No restrictions.
    -
    -
    -

No more water types please. The next three must be of the second type.

@Pages- Your totodile must Solo Bugsy to evolve once and must defeat five wild Pokemon with a type advantage to evolve twice.
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 30th April 2011 at 1:00 PM.

okay so far : Take a Snubbull. It can evolve into Granbull only after soloing Whitney
    take a Diglett that evolves after you clear the Team Rocket secret base in Mahogany Town.

any ideas for requirements for totodile/ other pokes ;L ?

edit: isnt the earliest you can get diglett after the elite 4 in digletts cave? ;S
    Last edited by pages014; 30th April 2011 at 1:06 PM.

okay so far : -Take a Snubbull. It can evolve into Granbull only after soloing Whitney.
    -take a Diglett that evolves after you clear the Team Rocket secret base in Mahogany Town.
    -totodile must Solo Bugsy to evolve once and must defeat five wild Pokemon with a type advantage to evolve twice.

need 3 more

^You can get Diglett in the grass outside the Safari Zone

I don't know how you can get Snubbull before Whitney though, it's in the route left of Ecruteak

^ ...It is? Well that's awkward. Change that to 'solos a gym leader to evolve', then :P

@Proby;
    Sorry, your wording was confusing. In that case, take a Ralts, which must be male and must evolve into Gardevoir. It needs to remain a Kirlia until you reach Snowpoint.

okay thanks, any more suggestions for team members?

zanthon- can I please have a Gallade instead? Make the requirements really tough, but I really don't want to use a Gardevoir, let alone a Male one, which is just wrong... and I really want to sue Gallade in a playthrough, I never have and he's like my second favourite Pokemon ever.
    Would that be OK? I honestly don't mind if you make the requirements really hard if you accept that I can use Gallade instead.

Platinum Scramble
    -
    -
    -
    -

-
    -
    -

Erm, my name's zhanton ._.

But sure, fine, have a Gallade. It can evolve into Kirlia after you defeat Byron (it does not have to take part) but it must solo Volkner, as well as soloing Cyrus, in order to evolve into a Gallade.

Sorry... I read names differently to what they actually say sometimes... sorry.

And thank you very much. I knew they'd be difficult.

Platinum Scramble
    - Gallade (Comet)- Evolve first time after I beta Byron and must Solo Volkner and Cyrus to evolve a second time.
    -
    -
    -

-
    -
    -

Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 30th April 2011 at 2:22 PM.

any more suggestions? i'll take anything which I can catch during the game

@proby3
    HG:
    Magikarp- evolve to gyarados after you meet lance for the first time
    Plt:
    Ponyta- evolve after beating 6 Gym leader pokemon in any order. does not have to be 1 Gym leader. Any gym leader

@pages014
    Dunsparce- Must be the 3rd highest pokemon in your party

Spoiler:- Credits:

Proby3 Take a Croagunk on Platinum that only has to solo 1 of any Gym Leader's Pokemon

Proby3 On HeartGold for your Totodile has to solo 1 of any trainer in Whitney's Gym to evolve into Croconaw, and any other Gym trainer in any other Gym to be able to evolve into Feraligatr. Have fun and good luck!

pages014 Take a Mareep that can evolve into Flaaffy once it solos Falkner's Pidgey. To evolve into Ampharos it must solo 2 Gym Leader Pokemon, any Leader, can be from 2 different Leaders. Have fun and good luck!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Platinum Scramble
    - Gallade (Comet)- Evolve first time after I beta Byron and must Solo Volkner and Cyrus to evolve a second time.
    - Croagunk (Toxin)-Must solo a Gym Leader (Yeah, I'll do that, easy enough)
    -
    -

Ok, so no one can give me ANYTHING that is Fighting or Steel type any more. The types you give me cannot clash in any way with what I have now. So it cannot be Water, Fighting, Steel, Psychic, Poison or Electric.
    @Satori- denying that upon the grounds of restrictions. They're too hard, sorry.
    For my Platinum, bear in mind I CAN TRADE. I have HG after all, and a Diamond version hanging around. So pleas,e give me something form another generation.

- Toto (Totodile)- Must solo a trainer in Whitney's gym to evolve once. Must solo a trainer in any other gym to evolve twice.
    -
    -
    -

Denying Gyarados as well because it's ridiculous. The first time you meet Lance is at the Lake or Rage apparently, plus, you cannot give Magikarp, it's what's called a "useless Pokemon" and is banned from scramble challenges. To further this, Magikarp is a Water type. I already have three of those. I need three of a Different type.

okay so far : -Take a Snubbull. It can evolve into Granbull only after soloing Whitney.
    -take a Diglett that evolves after you clear the Team Rocket secret base in Mahogany Town.
    -totodile must Solo Bugsy to evolve once and must defeat five wild Pokemon with a type advantage to evolve twice.
    -Take a Mareep that can evolve into Flaaffy once it solos Falkner's Pidgey. To evolve into Ampharos it must solo 2 Gym Leader Pokemon, any Leader, can be from 2 different Leaders.
    -Dunsparce- Must be the 3rd highest pokemon in your party

okay so that's 5 :') thanks guys, some good team members there, just need one more til i begin

I'll take a scramble for Heart Gold. I can trade with Soul Silver and maybe Platinum occasionally.
    At least 4 team members before I get to Kanto, more is fine though. Go wild.

holy_lucario Use the Red Gyados from the Lake of Rage. It must solo 1 Kanto Gym Leader. Have fun and good luck!
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

pages014 - Take a Hoothoot that must always know Reflect [once it learns it]. Evolve it into Noctowl after it beats the Sudowoodo in Route 36.

Berries -- Humans of Hoenn [Blog] -- A Friday -- Escape Rope

images were taken from four specific web pages of Serebii.net

Gyrados from Lake of Rage, must solo 1 Kanto leader.

5 more to go.(:

Page 1 of 136 123451151101 ... LastLast