Page 1 of 105 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Default 5th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

5th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Black/White, Black2/White2

What is a "Scramble Challenge"?

The Scramble Challenge involves playing through the storyline and beating the game seeing the credits) with a team of six Pokemon which are assigned to you by other people on this forum. You may also be given certain guidelines, limitations, and restrictions concerning the Pokemon, usually by the person who suggested the Pokemon themselves. However, you may also create limitations for yourself.

The goal of the Scramble Challenge is to be able to complete the game without using the most powerful Pokemon, or your own favorites. It encourages you to think outside the box and make the most of what you are given.

Example Posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Some Challenger
    Looking for more Pokemon for a Pokemon Black play-through. My team is:
    - Samurott, must know Razor Shell
    - Fraxure, must solo Brycen's Gym to evolve
    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy
    @ Challenger, take a Swanna. It cannot learn Surf or Waterfall.

Scramble Challenge Rules:

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • Always mention your planned team (based on others' responses) when you ask for more team members, so others know what has already been suggested.
    • You may create your own set of (minor) restrictions concerning gameplay - just be sure to mention those as well. If you have a lot of/and or major restrictions though consider using the 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' threads instead.
    • Just because of the fact that not everyone is on the same level experience-wise, you may reject team suggestions. However, please don't abuse this. If you feel that you need a really easy challenge, say so.
    • Typically, no Legendaries and no duplicates are allowed. Apparently, trading in any form (except for evolution) is discouraged, as well as post-Nat. Dex Pokémon, but if you wish to use a traded Pokemon you may,
    • Note that it's your game, and you can change the difficulty, limitations, and pretty much anything else, to suit your playing style. For example, if you want to breed in one game and send things over.
    • Please limit your suggestions to one per team (if it's rejected, you may suggest again), so that everyone can contribute. If the challenger's team goes two or more pages without a suggestion, you may suggest a maximum of an extra one, but no more.
    • Purposely giving challengers blatantly terrible choices (Lillipup that may not evolve at all, etc.) is against the spirit of the game and will not be tolerated.
    • Make sure all your suggestions are directed clearly. Using "@" is encouraged.
    • Enjoy! It's a game, after all!

Scramble Challenge Rules originally by Monochromatic from a previous thread with minor changes.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 23rd October 2012 at 12:49 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

can we do a elite 4 scramble challenge like the last one?
    if yes:

Ill be doing a Elite 4 scramble challenge in white.
    Need FIVE pokemons
    -Seviper (gotta train and catch one)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Last edited by lucarioisawesome; 30th April 2011 at 10:39 AM.
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

@lucarioisawesome; If you can use any Pokemon from any gen, take a Seviper. If you can only use 5th Gen Pokemon, take a Maractus. No restrictions on either of them.

any more challenges?
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

@lucarioisaweosme-Yup, I'll do ya one.

Whatever type your starter was, take another starter Pokemon of the same type. It cannot be from gen 5. You must raise it from level 1. to evolve once it must solo three Pokemon form an evolutionary line strong against it (so if it was a fire type, it would have to solo three Roggenrola or Sandile, or Spheal.) To evolve a seocnd time, it must defeat seven Pokemon who are the evolved form of whatever you solod earlier to evolve (So using my example, the Fire type must defeat seven Boldore, Krokorok or Sealeo) When it takes on the Elite four, it must know Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon or Frenzy Plant.

Ok, I'm redoing this, since there's a new forum for it. I'm doing a Monotype challenge for two types that will also act as a scramble challenge.

So my rules are:
    • No legendaries.
    • One of my types MUST be Fighting.
    • You choose the other type. This type cannot be Grass, and any Pokemon from this type must be able to learn a fighting type move.
    • No move restrictions.
    • No evolution restrictions involving Gym leaders themselves (So no "must solo Burgh to evolve", or "Must solo Burgh's Leavanny to evolve. But I will accept wild Pokemon evolutions, or trainer evolutions, like "Must defeat five wild Roggenrola to evolve", "Must solo a trainer in Lenora's gym to evolve" or "Must solo youngster Joey to evolve")
    • I must use my starter Pokemon. This will be Tepig. You may choose restrictions for it.
    • I will not be using Swoobat, Galvantula, Samurott, Excadrill, Carracosta, Darmantian, Zebstrika or Gothithelle or any other Pokemon in their evolutionary line. Either because I've already used them or because I hate the Pokemon.
    • Three Pokemon of each type I get. So three Fighting and three of the other type. If I have one that is both types, then obviously one extra from one of the types.
    • I can use Pokemon form previous gens as I have Pokemon White. At least one of my Pokemon must be from a previous Gen.
    • I must always evolve my Pokemon fully.

Pokemon Black Fighting/??? Monotype/Scramble/Nuzlocke Challenge
    - Tepig [Bacon] (You guys choose the restrictions.)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 30th April 2011 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proby3 View Post
    @lucarioisaweosme-Yup, I'll do ya one.

Whatever type your starter was, take another starter Pokemon of the same type. It cannot be from gen 5. You must raise it from level 1. to evolve once it must solo three Pokemon form an evolutionary line strong against it (so if it was a fire type, it would have to solo three Roggenrola or Sandile, or Spheal.) To evolve a seocnd time, it must defeat seven Pokemon who are the evolved form of whatever you solod earlier to evolve (So using my example, the Fire type must defeat seven Boldore, Krokorok or Sealeo) When it takes on the Elite four, it must know Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon or Frenzy Plant.

Ok, I'm redoing this, since there's a new forum for it. I'm doing a Monotype challenge for two types that will also act as a scramble challenge.

So my rules are:
    • No legendaries.
    • One of my types MUST be Fighting.
    • You choose the other type. This type cannot be Grass, and any Pokemon from this type must be able to learn a fighting type move.
    • No move restrictions.
    • No evolution restrictions involving Gym leaders themselves (So no "must solo Burgh to evolve", or "Must solo Burgh's Leavanny to evolve. But I will accept wild Pokemon evolutions, or trainer evolutions, like "Must defeat five wild Roggenrola to evolve", "Must solo a trainer in Lenora's gym to evolve" or "Must solo youngster Joey to evolve")
    • I must use my starter Pokemon. This will be Tepig. You may choose restrictions for it.
    • I will not be using Swoobat, Galvantula, Samurott, Excadrill, Carracosta, Darmantian, Zebstrika or Gothithelle or any other Pokemon in their evolutionary line. Either because I've already used them or because I hate the Pokemon.
    • Three Pokemon of each type I get. So three Fighting and three of the other type. If I have one that is both types, then obviously one extra from one of the types.
    • I can use Pokemon form previous gens as I have Pokemon White. At least one of my Pokemon must be from a previous Gen.
    • I must always evolve my Pokemon fully.

- Tepig [Bacon] (You guys choose the restrictions.)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Have yourself a tyrogue. I will not limit what your tyrogue will evolve into but if you want the additional challenge you might want to choose yourself. To evolve it must solo 3 gym trainers. Finally, it must know the egg move Bullet Punch (I know you didn't want move restrictions so this last one is totally optional).

@Bobandbill

You might want to merge the other threads to the respective threads in this forum. This especially applies to scramble challenges as some people would have been half way through the process of getting a team and it could be a nightmare for challengers and people picking the pokemon.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

READ MY RULES BEFORE YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING.

- Tepig --> Pignite --> Emboar [Bacon] (You guys choose the restrictions.)
    - Tyrogue --> Hitmonchan [Amir] (Must solo three Gym trainers to evolve, must know the move Bullet Punch throughout adventure.)
    -
    -
    -
    -

Thank you Orton!
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 30th April 2011 at 12:17 PM.

@proby take a mienshao must have regenerator ability
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

- Tyrogue --> Hitmonchan [Amir] (Must solo three Gym trainers to evolve, must know the move Bullet Punch throughout adventure.)
    - Mienfoo --> Mienshao [Aural] (Must have the Regenerator ability)
    -
    -
    -

Thank you 7 tyranitars!

lucarioisawesome take a Shuckle that must know either Power Split or Guard Split. If you feel Shuckle is too challenging, then take a Tropius that must have Earthquake.

Proby3 take a Duskull that evolves to Dusclops when you defeat a Golett in Dragonspiral Tower. Evolve to Dusknoir after you defeat a wild Cofagrigus.

Pokemon Black Fighting/Ghost Monotype/Scramble/Nuzlocke Challenge
    - Duskull --> Dusclops --> Dusknoir [King Boo] (Must defeat a Golett to evolve. Must defeat a Cofagrigus to evolve again.)
    -
    -

Ok, that means that my second type is Ghost. Two more ghost type please, both now must be 5th gen.
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 30th April 2011 at 12:59 PM.

can I do a scramble challenge with my white

Black and White Scramble can you trade?

if you can take a Roggenrola that evolves when you defeat one of Lenora's pokemon and then to Gigalith after you defeat N in Chargestone cave.

if not, then take a Blitzle named Zeblitz and evolve it after it absorbs an Electric attack from any of Elesa's pokemon and proceeds to knock out one of her pokemon.

I can trade so i'll take the roggenrola

my team

Roggenrola

oh and just to tell u guys no starter for me

take a swoobat can only evolve if it solos the 4th gym
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Proby3 - Take a Cofagrigus that can only evolve inside Twist Mountain.

Berries -- Humans of Hoenn -- A Friday -- Escape Rope

images were taken from four specific web pages of Serebii.net

Im saying no to swoobat

Black and White scramble - Take an Elgyem that has to evolve in Lostlorn Forest.

@Black and White scramble, take a Durant. It must have the ability Hustle and it must always know the move Fury Cutter.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

- Duskull --> Dusclops --> Dusknoir [King Boo] (Must defeat a Golett to evolve. Must defeat a Cofagrigus to evolve again.)
    - Yamask --> Cofagrigus [Cigarette] (Must evolve inside Twist Mountain.)
    -

Great idea to make a seperate section for these challenges. Anyway I'd like to try a scramble challenge for Black. Its going to be my first time playing through the game so I think a scramble challenge is gonna make it a lot more challenging.
    @ Black and white scramble, take a Scrafty! Enjoy

eraqua - Take a Cottonee and name it Whimsicott. It must always know either Stun Spore or Poisonpowder, but not both. When it evolves into Whimsicott, rename it into Cottonee.

eraqua take a Litwick named Kindle, and it must have Flash Fire. Evolve it to Lampent after it absorbs a Fire attack in a Trainer battle 5 times (can be different trainers). Evolve it to Chandelure after meeting defeating a Cofagrigus.
    Last edited by SilverMorty; 30th April 2011 at 5:09 PM.

Take a Lillipup named Pooch. It has to solo The first gym to evolve to Herdier, and evolve it to Stoutland if it can solo one of the E4.

Quote Originally Posted by Proby3 View Post

- Yamask --> Cofagrigus [Cigarette] (Must evolve inside Twist Mountain.)
    -
    One more for me! Must be an Unovan Ghost type. Please and thank you.

Page 1 of 105 123451151101 ... LastLast