Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st/2nd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread

Default 1st/2nd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread

1st/2nd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal

What is a Monotype Challenge?

A Monotype challenge is one in which you can only use Pokemon of a specific type to beat the game from start to finish (ie beating the champion and seeing the credits or in GSC beating Red and seeing credits the 2nd time around). For instance if you say try a Grass Monotype Challenge, you can only use Grass Type Pokemon found in the game.

Rules

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • Pokemon are allowed to have two typings. For instance, Butterfree would be acceptable on both a flying team and a bug team.
    • Legendaries and traded Pokemon (not counting in-game trades or trades for evolution purposes only) are not allowed.
    • Note some types (like Dragon types typically) are not viable to use for such a challenge due to a lack of availability of them early in the game, or at all.
    • If you pick a starter that is not of your type, then it may not be used after you have obtained one Pokemon of your chosen type.
    • You may have Pokemon of another type in your team, but only as HM slaves - they may not be used in battles.
    • Post only on this thread to either state which type you are doing, your current progress or to ask for suggestions on which Pokemon to use.
    • If you wise to impose any other restrictions on yourself feel free to do so and mention them!

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I got to the Glitter Lighthouse in Olivine City and I headed for the summit to talk to Jasmine. I managed to reach Ampy's room eventually and I gave Jasmine the SecretPotion item so that she could heal it. Once that was done, she returned to the Olivine City Gym and I headed down as well. I headed out to the route north of Olivine City and I did some last-minute training there. I managed to make Quilava evolve into Typhlosion and I headed back to the Pokemon Center. I healed there and challenged Jasmine. Long story short, I beat her two Magnemite with Magmar and Growlithe and then her Steelix with Typhlosion. The Steelix battle was the toughest, but I managed to get the Mineral Badge as well as the TM for Iron Tail. I saved after that.

- Lv. 36 Typhlosion
    - Lv. 33 Growlithe
    - Lv. 31 Magmar

Obtained totodile (not that it matters) headed through Cherrygrove to Mr.Pokemon and obtained the mystery egg. Went back through Cherrygrove and challenged rival and defeated him easily. Caught Bellsprout just before Violet City at lv.3. Entered Violet City and deposited totodile went through sprout tower and caught Gastly at lv.4 heh... lucky me..... Went and defeated Falkners Gym after grinding quite a bit. advanced through Union Cave to Azelea and defeated Team Rocket in Slowpoke Well. Getting to Bugsy and defeated him with ease... surprisingly.... and currently going through Ilex Forest with this team..

Gastly @lv.21
    Weepinbell@lv.24

will be posting on progress later after I accomplish a bit more into the challenge

pikachu

is

claimed

With my sixth Johto Badge in hand, I healed at the local Pokemon Center and then I headed back to Ecruteak City since I needed to take care of some stuff there and then head to Mahogany Town for my seventh Badge. I got to Moomoo Farm and I finished feeding the sick Miltank there. I then got to Ecruteak and did some stuff there. I headed on over to Mt. Mortar and I explored the caverns inside for a while. I trained there for about 30 minutes and then I headed to Mahogany Town. I healed at the Pokemon Center there and then I went north to Lake of Rage. I battled some trainers in the area and then I trained in the tall grass a little more. I arrived at the lake since I needed to challenge the Red Gyarados there, but I saved before I battled it.

- Lv. 37 Typhlosion
    - Lv. 35 Growlithe
    - Lv. 33 Magmar

I haven't been back to this forum in ages. Been real busy lately so I didn't have the chance to update my pokemon yellow poison monotype challenge. So far I've completed the challenge as I killed Mewtwo. I killed it by using Golbat's Confuse Ray in order to give myself a chance to use Toxic as it increases the damage done on Mewtwo then I beated it with Golbat by itself. My team so far is:

Golbat Lvl51
    Tentacruel Lvl51
    Haunter Lvl51
    Nidoking Lvl52
    Venomoth Lvl52
    Venusaur Lvl51
    Last edited by ToNeS; 15th May 2011 at 8:46 PM.
        Spoiler:- Monotype Challenges:

Spoiler:- Nuzlocke Challenges:

I got to the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage and I challenge it with Typhlosion. I had to defeat it since I wasn't allowed to capture a Water-type, and afterwards, I picked up the Red Scale key item there. I Surfed back to the edge of the lake and I met Lance there. He talked about Team Rocket's plans and I agreed to help him. I headed south to Mahogany Town, but I got a call from Schoolboy Alan. He said he wanted to give me something, so I returned to Rotue 36 and I got a Fire Stone from him. I was pleased. I used it on Growlithe, and he evolved into Arcanine. I returned to Mahogany Town where I healed at the Pokemon Center. I then went into the little shop there and Lance uncovered the secret door leading to Team Rocket's hideout. I went inside and beat two Team Rocket grunts and then I saved.

- Lv. 38 Typhlosion
    - Lv. 36 Arcanine
    - Lv. 34 Magmar

Pokemon Gold Water Type Adventure:
    Day 1:
    Today i woke up and my mum gave back the pokegear she broke. I left the house and went to Prof. Elm house who said some boring stuff and that i had to go to some guy called Mr.Pokemon. Her gave me a pokemon, It was a Totodile! After that i left to go to cherrygrove town. Along the way all i met where Hoothoots, Only using growl. That was Annoying. When i reached Cherrygrove town, a man wanted to show me around but in said no, that semed to make him angry. I went and healed my pokemon and headed to Mr.Pokemon's House. I met a Hoothoot (Again) And Decided to save.

Current team:
    Totodile Lv.7

^Image By Skiyomi^

is it a monotype if i go through pokemon crystal in 8 hours with just a feraligator
    If it is a started and finished it last night with my move set
    Surf
    Bite
    Slash
    Ice punch

Started a Pokemon Yellow Monotype Challenge for Electric Type Pokemon. I've already beaten Brock with Pikachu, just to make sure that this challenge will work for a while. Pikachu is up to Lvl 14 currently. I shouldn't cross another problem with a gym leader up until Giovanni.

Team:
    Pikachu Lvl 14
    Thundershock
    Quick Attack
    Tail Whip
    Thunderwave

Badges: 1

Pokemon Crystal Monotype.
    I'm just picking a type myself since nobody's responding.
    I shall do Normal type.

I will update after each badge.

UPDATE 3/8/2012 Finally I update after beating RED.

Falkner: Pidgey lv.10, Sentret lv.11

Bugsy: lv.19, lv.17, lv.18, lv.16

Whitney: lv.25, lv.23, lv.23, lv.24, lv.20

Morty: lv.31, lv.32, lv.30, lv.31, lv.30

Chuck: lv.36, lv.36, lv.37, lv.34, lv.36, lv.33

Jasmine: lv.39, lv.40, lv.41, lv.38, lv.40, lv.39

Pryce: lv.41, lv.40, lv.41, lv.39, lv.40, lv.40

Clair: lv.46, lv.47, lv.44, lv.44, lv.45, lv.46

Will : lv.51, lv.52, lv.50, lv.50, lv.51, lv.53

Koga : lv.52, lv.52, lv.50, lv.50, lv.51, lv.53

Bruno: lv.52, lv.52, lv.50, lv.50, lv.51, lv.54

Karen: lv.52, lv.52, lv.50, lv.51, lv.51, lv.54

Lance: lv.52, lv.52, lv.50, lv.51, lv.52, lv.54

Lt. Surge: lv.53, lv.53, lv.52, lv.55, lv.54, lv.54

Sabrina: lv.56, lv.57, lv.55, lv.59, lv.58, lv.58

Erika: lv.61, lv.60, lv.58, lv.57, lv.59, lv.59

Janine: lv.63, lv.62, lv.60, lv.59, lv.62, lv.61

Misty: lv.63, lv.63, lv.62, lv.61, lv.64, lv.65

Brock: lv.66, lv.65, lv.63, lv.63, lv.65, lv.66

Blaine: lv.68, lv.66, lv.65, lv.64, lv.67, lv.68

Blue: Pidgeot lv.70, Furret lv.69, Raticate lv.67, Fearow lv.68, Aipom lv.69, Girafarig lv.71

Red: Pidgeot lv.72, Furret lv.71, Raticate lv.73, Fearow lv.72, Aipom lv.73, Girafarig lv.71

The first and the last 2 set of names are written because I hit the image limit.
    Last edited by ilovedeino; 8th March 2012 at 11:23 PM.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

I'm looking at doing a normal type only run in crystal, what are some good pokemon to use?

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ricedonut View Post
    I'm looking at doing a normal type only run in crystal, what are some good pokemon to use?
    I would say Girafarig as he is part Psychic and Furret as he can learn moves like Thunderbolt and Surf.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedieno View Post
    I would say Girafarig as he is part Psychic and Furret as he can learn moves like Thunderbolt and Surf.
    Who would want to use thunderbolt or surf off of Furret's base 45 special attack?

But I looked at Girafarig and it looks pretty good. Also raticate looks decent

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

I just completed a bug monotype playthrough on my old Blue cartridge!
    It was painful, but certainly worth it - one of the best monotypes I've done. xD
    This was my team after defeating the Champion;

- Happy Lv. 51 - Psybeam, Psychic, Toxic, Supersonic
    - Missile Lv. 50 - Twineedle, Poison Sting, Swords Dance, Fury Attack
    - Mothra Lv. 50 - Psybeam, Psychic, Poisonpowder, Mega Drain
    - Shroom Lv. 50 - Leech Life, Spore, Dig, Slash
    - Wickes Lv. 51 - Seismic Toss, Submission, Body Slam, Slash
    Last edited by Jesster; 8th May 2012 at 2:21 PM.

Made by me, I take requests.

Spoiler:- Trades:

Going to do a Normal monotype in YELLOW BABE!
    Team:
    -Fearow (TheMetal)
    -Raticate (Steve)
    -Clefable (StarTrek)
    -Ditto (HELLYEAH) (NOT GOING TO USE)
    -Snorlax (Fatty)

Edit 1: I'm in Cerulean City, just before battling Gary. Every Pokés are in their final evolutions, which is pretty neat :P.
    Current team:
    -TheMetal (Lv20)
    -Steve (Lv20)
    -StarTrek(Lv20)

Edit 2: I stopped after the Safari Quest, just before challenging the Fuchsia City Gym.
    Current Team:
    -TheMetal (Lv40)
    -Steve (Lv40)
    -StarTrek (Lv41)
    -Fatty (Lv40)
    Last edited by Metalhead9838772; 20th May 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

I am about to partake in an "Ultimate Monotype Challenge." I heard about this whilst surfing the internet. What you do is, you pick one type, and then play through each and every generation using just that type. I will be using Water Pokemon, and I'm starting with my Red Version ROM (as I sold my physical cartridge years ago.) I'll update this post after each Gym Leader is defeated.

Picked a Squirtle, named it "Bowzer." Defeated Rival Nubcake's Bulbasaur with ease. As we speak, I'm on the road to Viridian City. Will update again after Brock!

Team: Lv6

Edit One: So I made it through the Viridian Forest with ease. Went straight to the Pewter Gym, which I blew through, predictably enough. Brock gave me the Badge and Bide, and I moved off to Route 3, where Bowzer evolved into a Wartortle. I plan on purchasing the Magikarp from that creepy fat guy outside Mt. Moon. Adventure hooooooo!

Team: Lv17

Edit Two: I purchased the Magikarp and named it Nuggets. He has been entirely useless, as was expected. After backtracking through Mt. Moon a dozen or so times to go heal at the Pokecenter on Route 3, I finally made it to the Route 4 exit, with a Helix Fossil in tow. After that, I went to Misty's gym to try and beef my Pokemon out a little bit before I went to fight Nubcake. I secured a narrow victory, then did the whole deal with Nugget Bridge and Bill. After that, I kicked that Rocket Grunt's butt and got TM Dig. At last, I returned to Misty's gym. I beat her with surprising ease, and the CascadeBadge was mine. About to move off to Vermilion City and the SS Anne.

Team: Lv25, Lv18

Edit Three: So after clearing Routes 5 and 6 with little difficulty (as well as evolving Nuggets!), I made it to Vermilion City. Did some training on the outskirts of town, along with catching a few Pokemon so I would have enough to get Flash from the aide. Then I went to clear out the SS Anne. After beating all the trainers aboard and throttling Nubcake, I claimed HM Cut as my prize. Proceeded to trade the Spearow I'd caught for Dux the Farfetch'd, who is now my new Cut slave. I made it past the gym trainers without too much difficulty,, but Surge himself gave me difficulty, beating me narrowly the first time. However, Nuggets had leveled up during that battle, and when I fought Surge again, Nuggets solo'd all of his Pokemon. After that I traversed Diglett's Cave, and went to speak to Oak's aide about Flash. After obtaining said HM, I taught it to a Drowzee I had captured for just that purpose. I'm currently on my way to Rock Tunnel.

Team: Lv30, Lv29, (HM slave) Lv15, (HM slave) Lv13
    Last edited by shiningsloth13; 23rd May 2012 at 4:28 PM.

Spoiler:- Creds:

Y Friend Code: 1650-2192-8516
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Swirlix, Floette

1st/2dn Gen Mono Challenge seems very... challenging.

I'll give it a try ^^

Going to do a fire type monotype in Sapphire, wish me luck
    3DS Friend Code 4270-0407-8371

Friend Safari:Kirlia, Floette(Blue) and Jigglypuff

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze12x2 View Post
    Going to do a fire type monotype in Sapphire, wish me luck
    I'm not trying to sound like a mod, but if you really meant Sapphire, then you would go to 3rd Gen, not 1st/2nd Gen.

- Currently in Mahogany Town battling Team Rocket but I've still havent battled Chuck,Jasmine nor Pryce for another badge... Also my Quilava has yet to faint ;D Woot!

Team
    Quilava :L 35
    Growlithe :L33
    Eevee :L28 (looking for 2 fire stones to evolve Growlithe and Eevee but I'm having a horrible time at it... gonna have to drop Eevee in the PC soon... v.v )

4 Badges
    Last edited by PoKe_aRcHeR2010; 23rd August 2012 at 9:07 PM.

Well, I'll take the Crystal Normal-type challenge.
    Every Gym Leader and Elite Four member is technically a monotype-user and I like the fact they have punny names related to types, I'll play as a boy trainer named Abnor as in Abnormal.
    Notes: this will hardly be a legitimate challenge because I want to have some fun.
    I will use neither Miltank nor Tauros. I mean, everyone knows that these two bovines can get things done. Therefore, I am going to cheat and trade Miltank for Kangaskhan (their stats are actually comparable) and Kangaskhan needs more love. I also going to cheat EVEN MORE and trade myself a Girafarig with Thunderbolt and Crunch (I will raise him/her from egg but I will start using him/her only when I get to the Lake of Rage).

Well, Abnor recieved Chikorita from Prof. Elm and went to Mr.Pokemon. Later he found a nasty trainer named SNORLAX (wish I could name him Curselax) with no problem at all. Then Abnor finally caught his normal types.
    Team:
    Fursnaker
    Flaser (boy, do I suck at puns)

I've also caught a Rattata and a Spearow but I won't use them.

UPDATE

Flaser managed to score a critical hit on a TOP PERCENTAGE Rattata and rose to lvl 7
    During a battle with a bug catcher Fursnaker (lvl 7) managed to miss a tackle on lvl 2 Caterpie. Then Abnor entered the Sprout Tower and battled all the way to Sage Li with little trouble.
    Play-by-play time!

Sage Li vs Abnor

Sage Li sent out Bellsprout!
    Go! Fursnaker!
    Fursnaker used Tackle!
    Bellsprout used Growth!
    Strike me down with all of your hatred!
    But I...
    Bellsprout used vine whip!
    Fooled'ya!
    Fursnaker used Tackle!
    Bellsprout used vine whip!
    Fursnaker used Tackle!
    Bellsprout fainted!
    Sage Li sent out Bellsprout!
    Fursnaker, that's enough! come back!
    Go! Flaser!
    Flaser used Gust!
    Bellsprout used Growth! (you have to admit that this flower has some guts, surviving a super-effective Gust from a Pidgey 3 lvls higher than himself)
    Flaser used Tackle!
    Bellsprout fainted!
    Sage Li sent out Hoothoot!
    Flaser used Gust!
    Hoothoot used Foresight!
    Hoothoot identified Flaser!
    We have just agreed... I have told your name to my trainer, and we have agreed you are not a ghost (kudos if you get the reference).
    Flaser used Gust!
    Hoothoot used Tackle!
    Flaser used Tackle!
    Hoothoot fainted!
    Flaser grew to level 12!
    Sage Li was defeated!

Every good fighter should have a cool finishing move. Ash's Chariard has Seismic Toss. WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin has Stone Cold Stunner. MK's Scorpion has fire breath. Flaser has Tackle.

Abnor received HM05.

Youngster Joey called immidiately after battle with sage Li.
    Youngster Joey: That's it! I'm cashing in! I'm cashing in! (well, I don't really like WWE but...)
    I have to admit that Joey's surpassed me in terms of simplicity. I mean, he isn't just monotypimng, he's soloing!

Now the saddest part of this playthrough. While fighting Falkner's trainers Flaser missed his signature finishing Tackle!

Team so far:

Flaser/male/lvl13 @Berry
    Tackle
    Sand-Attack
    Gust

Fursnaker/male/lvl11 @---
    Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Quick Attack

Abnor vs Falkner

Leader Falkner sent out Pidgey!
    Go! Fursnaker!
    Fursnaker used Quick Attack!
    Pidgey used Tackle!
    Pidgey used Tackle!
    Pidgey fainted!
    Leader Falkner sent out Pidgeotto!
    Pidgeotto used Gust!
    Pidgeotto used Gust!

(Well, the battle is somewhat repetetive)
    Fursnaker, OK! Come back!
    Go! Flaser!
    Pidgeotto used Gust!
    Flaser used Gust!
    Pidgeotto used Gust!
    (GUST-O-WAR)
    Flaser used Tackle!
    Pidgeotto fainted!

Falkner: Darn! My dad's cherished bird pokemon...
    Abnor: Were defeated by Tackle! Man, I should've named my Pidgey Doom so he could have Tackle of Doom!

Abnor recieved Zephyrbadge.
    Abnor recieved TM31/Mud-Slap.

Then Prof. Elm called and asked Abnor to come to the nearest Pokemon Center.
    Later that day Abnor recieved a Togepi egg and caught himself a Bellsprout called Lightsaber for Flash and Cut HMs. Then Abnor entered Union Cave and met Hiker Daneil who sent out BFO (Big Frightful Onix). With a little help from X Attack Flaser promptly Gusted Onix to death.
    That's it. Give me that mud-slap.
    Abnor: Well, here you go.

Abnor then came to Azalea Town, met Kurt the ballmaster and went to Slowpoke Well. Fursnaker defeated final Rocket Grunt's Koffing one-on-one (they both were lvl 14).

Next time Abnor'll take on Bugsy.

Current status:

Abnor, the normal-type trainer.
    Badges: 1.
    Current Goal: To get a Hivebadge from Bugsy

Flaser/male/lvl17
    Secondary type: Flying
    Held item: Berry
    Moveset:
    Tackle
    Mud-Slap
    Gust
    Quick Attack
    Current goal: To evolve

Fursnaker/male/lvl14
    Held Item: None
    Movest:
    Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Quick Attack
    Current goal: to learn fourth attack. Or to level up. Or to evolve.

Lightsaber/HM Slave/male/lvl 7
    Held Item: none (might as well give him this Miracle seed I recieved at the route before Union Cave)
    Moveset:
    Vine Whip
    Current Goal: To slack off before Ilex Forest. Then to learn Flash and Cut.

UPDATE!

UPDATE:
    Abnor went to Slowpoke Well to train even more. During this training Fursnaker finally evolved into Furret! While Abnor was battling Gym trainers the egg from Mr. Pokemon hatched! Abnor put hatched Togepi in the box. Team stats before battle for the Hive Badge.

Flaser/male/lvl17
    Held item: Berry
    Moveset:
    Tackle
    Mud-Slap
    Gust
    Quick Attack
    Current goal: To evolve

Fursnaker/male/lvl16
    Held Item: Berry
    Movest:
    Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Quick Attack
    Current goal: to learn something besides normal-type moves.
    Evolved from Sentret at the Azalea city.

Abnor vs Bugsy
    Leader Bugsy sent out Metapod!
    Go! Flaser!
    (2 Gusts later)
    Flaser grew to level 18!
    Leader Bugsy sent out Scyther!
    Scyther used Fury Cutter!
    Scyther's attack missed! (WHOA)
    Flaser used Gust!
    Flaser used Tackle!
    Abnor:Well, that's tough Scyther! You hit him with your trademark Tackle and he's still

fighting! Don't give up, Flaser! Use your finisher one more time!
    Scyther used Fury Cutter! A critical hit!
    Flaser used Tackle!
    Abnor: That's some tough pokemon. Two Tackles and he's still standing!
    (cue dramatic Bleach music)
    Flaser: I have to win!
    Scyther: Neither of us... has the strength to keep this up any longer. Therefore, let us... end it with the next blow.
    Flaser used Tackle!
    Scyther fainted!
    Leader Bugsy sent out Kakuna!
    Go! Fursnaker!
    (2 Quick Attacks later)
    Kakuna fainted!
    Leader Bugsy was defeated!
    And Flaser evolved into Pidgeotto!
    Abnor recieved TM49/Fury Cutter

Abnor withdrew Togepi and Lightsaber the bellsprout for the Ilex Forest trip. Then he recieved Fast Ball from Kurt and gave him another white apricorn. Then Abnor headed to the Ilex Forest only to stumble into that SNORLAX guy who showed some interest in Team Rocket for no apparent reason.

SNORLAX sent out GASTLY!
    Go! Flaser!
    Flaser used mud-slap!
    Gastly used Spite!
    Flaser's Mud-slap was reduced by 2! (That... that was unorthodox)
    Flaser used mud-slap!
    Gastly fainted!
    Snorlax sent out Zubat!
    Go! Fursnaker!
    Fursnaker used Quick attack!
    Zubat used Bite!
    Zubat fainted!
    Snorlax sent out Quilava! (fire weasel Vs normal ferret)
    (3 Embers and 4 Quick Attacks later)
    Quilava fainted! (fire weasel < normal ferret)

SNORLAX was defeated
    SNORLAX: Listen, you. You only won because my pokemon were weak. I'm going to be strong and to wipe out the weak.
    Abnor: But... I... shoot, now he's gone. I'll have to think of some witty answer if I see him again.
    Phone: Hi. Abnor. This is Liz. How are things going for you?
    Abnor: You see, I kinda met a Team-
    Liz: Listen, listen! I saw a beautiful Swimmer! I wish I could become a beautiful Swimmer too.
    Abnor: Well, I met some Pokemontrainer Snorlax. I do not want to become a pokemon trainer like him
    Liz: OK, I'll call you later!
    Abnor: Oh, whom do I ask for a trash-talking advice? Well, scrap that, I'll go to Ilex forest instead.
    In the forest Abnor met a Cut man's appretice who told about the missing Farfetch'd.

Current Team:
    Flaser
    Level 19
    Evolved form Pidgey during the battle for Hive Badge at Azalea Gym
    Held Item: Berry
    Moveset:
    Tackle
    Mud-slap
    Gust
    Quick Attack
    Role: Jack-Of-All-Trades

Fursnaker
    Moveset:
    Tackle
    Defence Curl
    Quick Attack
    Evolved from Sentret in Azalea Town.
    Role: Physical Attacker

Togepi
    Moveset:
    Metronome
    Charm
    Role: Rock Smasher, I guess

Lightsaber
    Moveset:
    Vine Whip
    Flash
    Cut
    Role: HM Slave

Charcoal Man' Farfetch'd
    Moveset:
    Cut
    Fury Attack
    Mirror Move
    Protect
    Role: HM Slave for the Charcoal Man

(Back at the Ilex Forest)

Farfetch'd appeared!
    Abnor: Oh, here you are, Farfetch'd! Hey, Flaser! Get him with your Quick Attack!
    Flaser used Quick Attack!
    Farfetch'd used Mirror Move! Farfetch'd used Quick Attack!
    Farfetch'd fled!
    Abnor: Dangabbit! Well, let's move on!

Farfetch'd Appeared!
    Abnor: A-ha! Go! Fursnaker!
    Farfetch'd fled!
    Abnor: Shoot! Alrighty guys. Time to readjust the strategy. So, Flaser. You use Quick Attack from the left. Fursnaker, you use Quick attack from the right. Get it? Good

Farfetch'd appeared!
    Abnor: Go! Flaser and Fur-
    Farfetch'd fled!
    Abnor: Whoa

(Cue The Benny Hill Show music)

(30 minutes later)
    Wild Psyduck appeared!
    Hm... I have an idea...
    Gotcha! Wild Psyduck was caught!
    (back to Charcoal Man's apprentice)
    So, you see, Psyduck's a duck too. And you can have it all right! So, how about you teach him Cut and call it a day?
    (Psyduck cannot even learn Cut BTW)

Farfetch'd used Pokegear of Time!
    < <
    > >
    V V
    Farfetch'd player Celebi's Song!
    Celebi: Farfetch'd! I am the Great Sage of Forest! Since you have the Master Stick you can finally defeat the Great King of Evil Genongar!
    Wild Haunter appeared!
    Evil Spirit From beyond: Phantom Genon
    Haunter used Shadow Ball!
    It doesn't affect Farfetch'd!
    Farfetch'd used mirror Move!
    Farfetch'd used Shadow Ball!
    It's super-effective!
    Phantom Genon fainted!

Another Bosses form the Legend Of Celebi include Bio-Electric Jellyfish Tentacruel (Surf, Rapid Spin, Wrap, Hidden Power Electric); Infernal Dinosaur Charmeleon (Flamethrower, Rollout); Parasitic Armored Arachnid Shuckle (Wrap, Encore, Rollout) and Sorcerer Sisters Drowzee (Ice Punch, Submission, Light Screen) and Mr. Mime (Fire Punch, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Barrier) who eventually merge into Alakazam (Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, Future Sight)

(10 minutes later)

Abnor: Don't give up, Guys! We CAN catch him!
    Charcoal Man appeared! Charcoal Man used Body Slam!
    Gotcha! Farfetch'd was caught!

Abnor recieved HM01/Cut
    On Route 34 Abnor caught himself a Snubbull with Kurt's Fast Ball and nicknamed her ToothFairy (well, Snubbull is a fairy pokemon and it does have some teeth)
    Went to battle a youngster. Toothfairy (lvl 10) OHKO'd his Rattata (lvl 7) with a headbutt.
    Toothfairy had a couple of battles and I have to say one thing. I've heard that Snubull's attack is pretty good but I had no idea it was that good. Scary Face + Charm + Headbutt = lots of flinching. Abnor then went to Goldenrod Gym.
    Last edited by TheUnnumbered; 9th December 2012 at 2:49 PM.

I am currently doing a Ground-type monotype challenge in Pokémon Crystal (my second monotype after Poison in FireRed). I beat the Elite Four today (in fact, i've beaten it three times), my team is:

Graveler Lv 49 @ Quick Claw: Earthquake, Rock Throw, Explosion, Rock Smash
    Quagsire Lv 49 @ Mystic Water: Surf, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Headbutt
    Sandslash Lv 50 @ Soft Sand: Dig, Fury Cutter (amazingly effective against Will, outspeeding and beating Exeggutor, Slowbro, Jynx and Xatu), Slash, Cut.
    Rocky (Onix) Lv 49 @ Amulet Coin: Earthquake, Screech, Rock Throw, Slam. (The worst Pokémon in the team, very very weak, but fast...)
    HM Slaves Farfetch'd and Psyduck.

I didn't want to use the Nidos, because I used them both in my Poison team in Pokémon FireRed. Quagsire is very good for the team as she beats the huge amount of Water-types that exist in this game. Obviously I have a huge problem against Grass-types. My option against them is Sandslash's Dig (if they are part Poison-type) or Slash. I've arrived at Kanto, and I've defeated Lt. Surge (A really easy battle for my Ground-types). I am now at Saffron City, in Sabrina's Gym.
    Last edited by Swoobat; 15th December 2012 at 8:33 AM.

@Swoobat: Grass attacks will do neutral damage to Gligar. Just teach him Screech because his attack is somewhat lacking

The Goldenrod City Pokemon Gym. Leader: Whitney. The Incredibly Pretty Girl!
    What? The door's closed.

Oh shoot. Well, might as well call mom.

- Hello?
    - Hi, mom!
    - Oh, hi, Abnor! Working hard?
    - You see, I went to Goldenrod City but...
    - Oh, so you're in Goldenrod City...
    - Isn't that where Radio Tower is? Did you go take a look?
    - No... Mom, you're genius!

Alright, let's go to that Radio Tower.
    Turns out it's nothing really to do in that tower except getting a Radio card. Well, now I can walk while listening to music. Hmmm... let's go north of the city for a stroll!
    Abnor went to The National Park, fought some trainers and recieved a Quick Claw at the National Park. Later he caught a Hoothoot called HEHEBOOKAH and got Flaser 2HKOd by a Raichu. Abnor then climbed the ledge to walk along some trees. He also found TM28/Dig which he immediately used on Fursnaker.
    Abnor: I have a feeling that I forgot something... well, this park was awesome. Let's go outside.
    Random Girl: I'm the flower shop's Floria!
    Abnor: Oh, hi Floria, my name's Abnor
    Floria: Listen, listen! When I sprinkled water on that wiggly tree, it jumped right up! It just has to be a pokemon! I bet it would be shocked out of its disguise if you soaked it! I know! I'll tell my sis and borrow her water bottle!
    Abnor: Ehm... yeah, go ahed. Well, let's go to-
    Weird tree appeared!
    A roadblock. Sigh. I guess I can go to the pokemon center.
    Psychic Mark: I'm going to read your thoughts!
    Abnor: Oh really?
    (after the battle)
    Psychic Mark: You have forgotten something...
    Abnor: Why... yes, I have. But what exactly?
    Psychic Mark: You don't remember.
    Abnor: Well, DUH! Could you-
    Psychic Mark: Since you cannot remember it I cannot read it from your mind.
    Abnor: Shoot. Well, thanks anyway. (I don't think I like psychics)
    Abnor came back to Goldenrod City and entered an underground entrance.
    Lvl 20 Fursnaker used Dig on a lvl 7 Magnemite (overkill much?)
    Abnor then came to Bargain shop and bought a nugget, a star piece, a stardust and some pearls. (at bargain shop you can for example buy a nugget for 4500 pokedollars while nuggets are sold for 5000 pokedollars) Abnor also found an abandoned Soin case and met some girl with a Clefairy.
    Gril: Hi! I'm Whintey!
    Abnor: Well hello there, my name's Abnor and-
    Whitney: Hey! Do you want to go to cafe?
    Abnor:... sure, why not?
    Whitney: You're lucky you found me as a guide! This City is a real maze!
    (30 minutes later)
    Whitney: Um, that's our famous Radio Tower and...
    (40 minutes later)
    Whitney: You see, here lives Bill the Famous Pokemaniac...
    (30 minutes later)
    Whitney: Here's Route 34 which is famous for a Pokemon Day-Care and-
    Abnor: All of this famous places are great but let's find something to eat!
    Whitney: Ok, Ok! No need to be rude here
    (30 minutes later)
    Whitney: Um... so this is the famous Goldenrod City Gym and-
    Abnor: Oh come on! Wait, what?
    Whitney: The Goldenrod City Gym!
    Abnor: Of course! I forget to challenge the Gym Leader here! Wait, I tried to enter but the Gym was closed.
    Whitney: You should've said so earlier!
    Abnor: Wait... are you...
    Whitney: The Gym Leader. The incredibly Pretty Girl!
    Abnor used Headbutt on a wall
    Abnor: I should've recognised you earlier!
    Whitney: Wait, are we going to fight without eating first?
    Abnor: Well, I-
    Whitney: Come back tomorrow! Bye-bye!
    Abnor used Headbutt on a wall again
    (Note - I totally ripped this sequence from Pokemon Anime)

(The next day)
    Goldenrod Gym
    Gym Advice Guy: Yo! Champ in making! This Gym is home to normal-type pokemon trainers.
    Abnor: Woohoo! I want to join this Gym already! And there are so many cute girls... wait a minute... are there any male trainers allowed in this gym? Are they?
    Gym Advice Guy: I recommend you using fighting-type Pokemon
    Abnor: NOW I wish I had them. Grrr!

Random Gym Trainer match ahoy!

Snubbull used Scary Face!
    It's okay, Toothfairy, nothing to be afriad of
    Toothfairy used Scary Face! But it failed!
    Toothfairy? Is it anything wrong with you?
    Snubbull used Scary face!
    Stop it! You're scaring my pokemon! Now, Toothfairy, don't give up!
    Toothfairy used bite!
    Snubbul used Scary Face! But it failed!
    Toothfairy used Scary Face!
    WILL YOU TWO STOP MAKING FACES AT EACH OTHER ALREADY?!
    Snubbull used Bite!
    Toothfairy used Bite!
    Snubbull fainted!

Current team:

Fursnaker
    lvl 21
    dig
    defence curl
    quick attack
    fury swipes

Toothfairy
    lvl 19
    lick
    scary face (totally going to replace it with a headbutt)
    bite
    charm

Flaser
    lvl 21
    Tackle
    Mud-slap
    Gust
    Quick Attack

vs Whitney
    Whitney sent out Clafiry!
    Go! Fursnaker!
    Fursnaker used fury swipes!
    Hit 3 times!
    Clefairy used doubleslap!
    Clefariy: I'll show you a GOOD combo!
    Clefairy's attack missed!
    Clefairy: Whoopsie-dai-
    Clefairy fainted!
    Leader Whitney sent out Miltank!
    Fursnaker, that's enough! Come back!
    Go! Toothfairy!
    Alright Tooth Fairy, scare that cow and you can go back to your ball.
    Miltank used Rollout!
    Toothfairy, that's enough! Come back!
    Go! Fursnaker!
    Miltank used Rollout!
    Alright Fursnaker, strike her from below!
    Fursnaker dug a hole!
    Miltank used Rollout!
    Miltank's attack missed!
    Fursnaker used Dig!
    Well, everything's cool except that Dig did little to nothing to that cow.
    Miltank used Rollout!
    Better go for another Dig, I guess.
    Fursnaker dug a hole!
    Miltank used Rollout!
    Miltank's attack missed!
    Fursnaker used Dig! A critical hit!
    Miltank used Rollout!
    Alright, Fursnaker. Now hit her with something else!
    Fursnaker used fury swipes!
    Hit 3 times!
    Miltank used Rollout!
    Fursnaker dug a hole!
    Miltank used Rollout!
    Miltank's attack missed!
    Fursnaker used Dig!
    Miltank used attract!
    No! Get a hold of yourself, Fursnaker!
    Fursnaker is in love with Miltank!

Miltank fainted!
    Fursnaker, you. Were. Great. Period.
    (Toothfairy and Fursnaker gained a level on this Miltank)
    Leader Whitney was defeated!
    Abnor: Woohoo!
    Whitney: Sob...
    Abnor: Wait, what?
    Whitney: Waaaaaaah! You're mean!
    Abnor: Wait, I'm not-
    Whitney: You shouldn't be so serious! You... you child, you!
    Abnor: But-
    Whitney: Waaaaah! Waaaaah! ...Snivel, hic...
    Abnor: I-
    Whitney: ...You meanie!

Gym Trainer: Oh, no. You made Whitney cry. It's OK. She'll stop soon. She always cries when she loses.
    Abnor: Enough of that! Gimme that cow!
    Abnor grabbed Whitney's pokeball!
    Abnor rushed to the Pokemon Center.
    Abnor: Would you please heal that pokemon?
    Abnor handed over Miltank.
    Nurse: Your Pokemon are fully healed! We hope to-
    Abnor rushed to the ice cream cart.

Back at the Gym

Whitney: ...Sniff... What? What do you want?
    Abnor: Here. Your cow's fully healed. And take this ice cream. Just... just don't cry anymore. I mean, it's just a match for a badge, and-
    Whitney: A badge? Oh, right. I forgot. Here's Plainbadge
    Abnor recieved Plainbadge.
    Whitney: Plainbadge lets your pokemon use Strength outside the battle. It also boosts your pokemon's speed. Oh, you can have this too!
    Abnor recieved TM45/Attract.
    Abnor: Thank you, I-
    wHITNEY: Ah, that was a good cry! Come for a visit again! Bye-bye!
    Abnor: O_O
    Gym Advice Guy: You won? Great! I was busy admiring the ladies here.
    Abnor: That's it. My dream of joining this Gym is officially ruined. Dangabbit. Well, I guess I'll go to some other city. Where's that Radio pokegear... hm... the phone... well, I haven't talked with prof. Elm for ages so-
    Prof. Elm: Hello, Abnor? How is the Egg?
    Abnor: Oh! I forgot. It hatched into-
    Prof. Elm: What? It Hatched? Wow! What kind of pokemon is it? Please come show me now!
    Abnor: He hung up. Well, that was fast. I guess I am coming home! Oh wait. There's that weird tree. Well, let's go sprinkle that dude... boy, that came out wrong.

Later Abnor recieved Squirtbottle at the flowershop and was asked to deliver a Spearow with a mail to the snoozing Guy near Violet City. Abnor finally reached that weird tree and used the Squirtbottle

Abnor vs Sudowoodo
    Wild Sudowoodo appeared!
    Go! Flaser!
    Flaser used mud-slap!
    Despite being super-effective it obviously did little damage
    Sudowoodo used flail!
    Flaser used mud-slap!
    Sudowoodo used Rock Throw!
    Sudowoodo's attack missed!
    Well, I guess I have to thasnk Falkner for this accuracy-lowering attack
    Flaser used mud-slap!
    Sudowoodo used Low Kick!
    Flaser used mud-slap!
    Sudowoodo used mimic!
    But it failed!
    Wait, does the accuracy affects Mimic?
    Flaser used mud-slap!
    Sudowoodo used Rock Throw!
    Oops
    Flaser used mud-slap!
    A critical hit!
    Sudowoodo used Low Kick!
    That mud-slap put Sudowoodo in the red zone but the rock tree didn't want to go to a pokeball. Sudowoodo landed a hit with a Flail which KOd Flaser so Abnor sent out Tooth Fairy which prompotly KOd sudowoodo with a Bite.
    That was kinda pointless (sigh)
    Abnor Recieved Rock smash from Rocksmashing Guy.
    While backtracking Abnor got a Hyper Potion at the Violet City (north of the Pokemon Center, behind the cutable tree), some berries, Everstone, TM05/Roar and TM50/Nightmare. While fishing near his come he caught a lvl10 female Tentacool named Shuriken (it can learn Cut, after all). Then he moved to Ecruteak City and met Bill.
    Ecruteak City Pokemon Gym Leader: Morty - The Mystic Seer of the future
    Turns out he's absent too. Well, that sort of thing happens. Having nothing better to do Abnor backtracked to Goldenrod and recieved Eevee from Bill. Later Abnor went to Time Capsule. There Abnor swapped Tauros for Kamgaskhan and borrowed a Reflect/Light Screen Pikachu. Now Abnor has a Kangaskhan Egg and a Stantler Egg and Eevee was sent back in time to Kanto. Of course he did return Pikachu to his trainer. Then Abnor decided to go for some sightseeings

Team status:

Fursnaker
    Level: 22
    Evolved from Sentret at Azalea Town
    Team Role: Physical Attacker
    Moveset:
    Dig
    Defence Curl
    Quick Attack
    swift
    Achievements: defeated Whitney's Miltank; missed a tackle on lvl 2 Caterpie

Toothfairy
    Level: 21
    Held Item: Quick Claw
    Team Role: paralysis inducer and paraflincher
    Moveset:
    Lick
    Scary Face (Still going to replace this or Lick with a headbutt)
    Bite
    Charm

Flaser
    Level: 21
    Team Role: A balanced physical attacker
    Moveset:
    Tackle
    Mud-Slap
    Gust
    Quick Attack

;069: Lightsaber
    Level: 5
    Moveset:
    Vine Whip
    Flash
    Cut
    Team Role: HM Slave

Togepi
    Charm
    Growl
    Flash
    Rock Smash

[SPOILER]At the Burned Tower
    Eusine: My name's Eusine. I'm on the trail of a pokemon named Suicune
    Abnor: The what now?
    Eusine: And you are...?
    Abnor: Abnor, the normal-type pokemon trainer
    Eusine: Abnor? Glad to meet you!
    Abnor: Gee, thanks, nice to meet you too... em... Eugene?
    Eusine: Eusine. I heard rumors thaT Suicune is in this Burned Tower, so I came to look. But where exactly could it be?
    Abnor: That's strange. And who's that guy over here?
    Morty: Ecruteak's Gym Leader has to study what are said to be the Legendary Pokemon --Suicune. Entei and Raikou. Eusine is here, so I've decided to investigate the Tower with him.
    Abnor: I see... Well, let's look around, shall we?
    Wild Koffing appeared!
    Abnor: Whoa.
    Wild Rattata appeared!
    Abnor: Dangabbit!
    Rival:.......
    Abnor: Oh, great. First a fartball, then a rat and now-
    Rival: Oh, it's you.
    Abnor: And who exactly were you expecting?
    Rival: I came looking for some legendary pokemon that they say roosts here.
    Abnor: Hey, how come everyone and their HM slave knows about these legendary somethings but I didn't hear a thing about them?
    Rival: But there's nothing here!
    Abnor: Well, I am here
    Rival: My point exactly
    Abnor: Why you blasted-
    Rival: Nothing after all the trouble of coming to this dump? No way! It's all your fault!
    Abnor: Listen, I didn't even know about that lege- ah forget about it! Bring it on!

SNORLAX wants to battle!
    Snorlax sent out Haunter!
    Go! Flaser!
    Flaser used Mud-slap!
    Haunter used Curse!
    Hainter cut its own HP and put a curse on Flaser!
    Haunter used Spite!
    Flaser's Mud-slap was reduced by 5!
    Flaser used Mud-slap! Haunter fainted!
    Abnor: 1, SNORLAX: 0
    Snorlax sent out Magnemite!
    Flaser, that's enough! Come back!
    Go! Fursnaker!
    Fursnaker dug a hole
    Magnemite used supersonic! It didn't affect Fursnaker!
    Fursnaker used Dig!
    Magnemite fainted!
    Abnor: 2, SNORLAX: 0
    Snorlax sent out Zubat!
    Go! Toothfairy!
    Zubat used Bite!
    Toothfairy used Lick!
    Zubat used Bite!
    Toothfairy used Lick!
    Zubat used Supersonic!
    It didn't affect Toothfiary!
    Toothfairy used Lick!
    zubat's paralyzed! Maybe it can't attack!
    Zubat used Supersonic
    Zubat(Screaming): GET THE **** AWAY FROM ME YOU FREAK!
    It didn't affect Toothfiary!
    Toothfairy used Bite!
    Zubat used Bite!
    Toothfairy used Bite!
    Zubat fainted!
    Abnor: 3, SNORLAX: 0
    Snorlax sent out Quilava!
    Quilava used Ember!
    Toothfairy used Lick!
    Quilava used Ember!
    Toothfairy fainted!
    Abnor: 3 SNORLAX: 1
    Go! Fursnaker!
    Fursnaker dug a hole!
    Quilava used Smokescreen!
    But it failed!
    Fursnaker used Dig!
    Quilava used Ember!
    Quilava fainted!
    Normal ferret: 2, Fire weasel: 0
    Abnor: 4, SNORLAX: 1
    SNORLAX was defeated!
    Rival: ...Humph! This is why I hate battling wimps. There's no challenge in it.
    Abnor: Sorry, weren't you the one who got his Haunter KOd by a couple of Mud-slaps?
    Rival: ...Aw,whatever. You would never be able to catch a legendary pokemon anyway
    Suddenly, a pit opens under Abnor and he falls in it
    Rival: Humph! What are you doing falling into a hole? Some genius you are! Serves you right!
    Abnor: I'm totally going to tell him off next time we meet. Hey, look at these statues! Let's go closer- oh dangabbit! What ARE those? (the legendary beasts run away)
    Wild Rattata appeared!
    Abnor: Erm... did that Rattata scare them away? This town is weird. And not in the way I like it.
    Eusine: I dug a hole here, too...
    Abnor: Wait, can you use TMs? Are you battling pokemon by yourself? Man, that is the coolest-
    Eusine: I was shocked!
    Abnor: Well, that makes sense. If you are going to fight electric-type pokemon you might as well learn Dig. It's super-ef-
    Eusine: Suicune raced like a blur, right in front of my eyes!
    Abnor: It nearly froze me in case you are interested
    Eusine: For ten years I chased Suicune, and I finally got to see it.
    Abnor: So you use TMs in order to find and battle that Suicune? You're pretty hardcore
    Eusine: I'm all choked up! Abnor, I owe this all to you!
    Abnor: O_O
    Eusine: Thank you!
    Abnor: You're welcome, man who fights pokemon
    Eusine: I heard that the legendary Pokemon of Ecruteak test chosen humans by allowing them to get close. I'm going to track Suicune. Abnor, let's meet again! Farewell!
    Abnor: Goodbye, awesome man who fights pokemon by himself! Well, now that city is becoming weird the way I like it!
    Wild Koffing appeared!
    Oh hello, poison gas ball! Fursnaker, use your Dig attack!
    One Dig and Quick attack later Fursnaker rose to level 25!
    Outside the Tower Abnor met the old man who told him about Ho-Oh, Raikou, Entei and Suicune

Random Gym Trainer Battle Time!
    Gastly used Curse!
    Flaser, come back!
    Go! Toothfiary
    Gastly used Curse!
    Gastly fainted!

Abnor vs. Morty
    Leader Morty sent out Gastly!
    Go! Toothfairy!
    Toothfairy used Bite!
    Gastly used Curse!
    Gastly fainted!
    Leader Morty sent out Haunter!
    Toothfairy, that's enough! Come back!
    Go! Flaser!
    Haunter used Curse!
    Flaser used Mud-Slap!
    Flaser's hurt by the Curse!
    Flaser used Mud-Slap!
    Haunter fainted!
    Leader Morty sent out Gengar!
    Flaser, that's enough! Come back! Go! Fursnaker!
    Fursnaker dug a hole!
    Gengar used Hypnosis!
    It didn't affect Fursnaker! (well, duh)
    Gengar used Hypnosis!
    It didn't affect Fursnaker!
    (Looks like their speed stats are equal. So they just alternate taking first turns)
    Fursnaker used Dig!
    Gengar used Hypnosis!
    Fursnaker fell asleep!
    (Well, as you know, Morty's Gengar is nasty. He's bleeping fast, has a Hypnosys to put your pokemon to sleep and a Dream Eater to hit them while recovering his HP in the process. Sadly awakenings are expensive. The good part about the Hypnosis is its 60% accuracy. The bad part is that for Morty's Gengar it's more like 75%. Basically you have-)
    Fursnaker recovered using a Mint Berry!
    Fursnaker dug a hole!
    Fursnaker used Dig!
    Gengar fainted!
    Leader Morty sent out Haunter!
    Fursnaker, that's enough! Come back!
    Go! Flaser!
    (Oh, come on, is it going to be the same battle of Pidgeotto vs Haunter like half a minute ago?)
    Haunter used Mean Look!
    (Ow. I guess not)
    Flaser can't escape now!
    Flaser used Gust!
    Haunter used Mimic!
    Haunter learned Gust!
    (I guess this battle is totally different)
    Flaser used Mud-Slap!
    Haunter used Gust!
    A critical hit!
    Flaser used Gust!
    Haunter fainted!
    Abnor: wow. Thank you for an interesting battle, Morty.
    Flaser grew to level 25!
    Abnor recieved Fogbadge and TM30/Shadow Ball.
    Now we can Surf on a pokemon but we have no Surf HM. I kinda wanted to battle Kimono Girls after Kangaskhan and Stantler hatch but I guess I'm too impatient.

Abnor vs Gimono Girls!
    25 lvl Fursnaker (27 after all the Eeveelutions battles) one-shoted every Kimono Girl's pokemon (lvl 17) except Umbreon who managed to land a sand-attack.
    Abnor recieved HM03/Surf
    [/SPOILER]
    Current Team:

Fursnaker
    Level: 27
    Held Item: Pink Bow (powers up normal-type moves)
    Evolved from Sentret at the Azalea Town
    Moveset:
    Dig
    Defence Curl
    Quick attack
    Return

Flaser
    Level: 25
    Held Item: Quick Claw (randomly allows the holder to strike first)
    Evolved from Pidgey at Azalea Gym.
    Moveset:
    Tackle
    Mud-Slap
    Gust
    Quick Attack

Toothfairy
    Level: 25
    Held Item: Everstone (Snubbul is ugly cute and Granbull is just plain ugly for me)
    Role: Paraflincher
    Moveset:
    Lick
    Scary Face
    Headbutt
    Charm

Togepi
    Level: 5
    Role: Rock-smashing pokemon (actually, Abnor just slams Togepi in the rocks head-frst)
    Moveset:
    Growl
    Charm
    Rock Smash
    Flash

Abnor went to Mahogany Town and headed to the Lake Of Rage so now we finally have a Girafarig. Later Kangsakhan and Stantler eggs finally hatched so our team is finally assembled. Now just a little training.
    (Later at the Olivine City)
    Well, what are we going to-
    Rival appeared!
    Rival:... You again?
    Abnor: Were you expecting that legendary fox/horse thing?
    Rival: There's no need to panic. I don't bother with wimps like you. Speaking of weaklings, the city's Gym Leader isn't here.
    Abnor: What?! It's the third Gym Leader to do that! And whenever they take a day off I tend to run into you. Hey, do you have anything to do with that?
    Rival: Supposedly taking care of a sick pokemon at the Lighthouse.
    Abnor: Oh. I see... I mean-
    Rival: Humph! Boo-hoo! Just let sick Pokemon go!
    Abnor: Wait, wha-
    Rival:A pokemon that can't battle is worthless!
    Abnor: What did you-
    Rival: Why don't you go train at the Lighthouse? Who knows. It may make you a bit less weak!
    Abnor: You know what?! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME! YOU WERE NOT GRASPED BY THE LEGENDARY MONSTER! ... huff... huff...
    (Rival walks out)
    Abnor: Oh, I kinda lost my head there... But seriously, it's the third Gym Leader who doesn't appear. I mean, is it an official Gym Leaders Month off?

Abnor recieved HM04/Strength

At the Slowpoke Well
    Reindeer used Hypnosis! Slowpoke fell asleep!
    Reindeer, that's enough! Come back! Go! Girafarig!
    Girafarig used Crunch!
    Slowpoke is fast asleep!
    Liza/Tate used Crunch!
    Slowpoke fainted!
    Girafarig used Crunch!
    Girafarig used Crunch!
    Girafarig?
    Girafarig used Crunch!
    Girafarig?! Would you let go of this Slowpoke already? Girafarig!!! Bad pokemon!
    Girafarig obtained Slowpoketail!

Team stats:
    Flaser
    Evolved from Pidgey at the Azalea Gym
    Level: 26
    Held Item: Quick Claw
    Moveset:
    Tackle
    Mud-Slap
    Gust
    Quick attack

Liza/Tate
    Secondary Type: Psychic
    Level: 15
    Held Item: Slowpoke's tail
    Moveset:
    Cofusion
    Stomp
    Thunderbolt
    Crunch
    Team Role: Special Attacker

Toothfairy
    Level: 26
    Held Item: Everstone
    Moveset:
    Lick
    Scary Face
    Headbutt
    Charm
    Team Role: Paraflincher

Fursnaker
    Level: 27
    Held Item: Pink Bow
    Evolved from Sentret at the Azalea Town
    Moveset:
    Dig
    Defense Curl
    Quick Attack
    Return

Momzilla
    Level: 17
    Held Item: King's Rock
    Moveset:
    Strength (with STAB and 80 base power this attack is not half bad at that point in the game)
    Shadow Ball
    Rock Slide (Gotta love that Time Capsule)
    Submission (no, I'm not replacing it with Earthquake. I did tell I was going to have some fun)

Reindeer
    Level: 16
    Held Item: Bright Powder (gotta really love that Time Capsule)
    Moveset:
    Headbutt
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Hypnosis
    Team Role: Pseudo-passer
    Last edited by TheUnnumbered; 15th December 2012 at 7:09 AM.

An update since my last post. I've beaten Sabrina, I lost to her once, but then I won easily, thanks to Graveler Quick Claw against her Alakazam. I have explored a few routes, and caught many Pokémon (in my next challenges I won't ctch so many Pokémon, but here I am trying to fill the Pokédex as much as possible). I have 6 full boxes. I've caught Cubone, Marowak, Muk, Slugma, Machoke, Houndour, Murkrow... After beating Sabrina, I went to Celadon City where I battled Erika, expecting a very tough battle, but it was very easy, as Quagsire's Ice Punch OHKOed Tangela and Jumpluff, and 2HKOed Bellossom, while Gravaler's EQ destroyed Victreebel (I won in 5 turns). After that I went to Fuchsia, where I defeated Sachiko quite easily with Earthquake and Dig. I have explored many routes and defeated many underleveled trainers. Now I am ready to go to the Power Plant.

Graveler Lv 54 @ Quick Claw: Earthquake, Rock Throw, Explosion, Rock Smash
    Quagsire Lv 54 @ Mystic Water: Surf, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Headbutt
    Sandslash Lv 54 @ Soft Sand: Dig, Fury Cutter, Slash, Cut.
    Rocky (Onix) Lv 54 @ Amulet Coin: Earthquake, Screech, Rock Throw, Slam.
    HM Slaves: Farfetch'd and Psyduck.

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge

I started a Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge. Since I play it in turbo mode, it goes really fast. I started from Pallet Town with Squirtle, went through Viridian Forest, beat Brock, Squirtle evolved into Wartortle, went through Mt. Moon, beat Misty, went to Bill, went to Vermilion City, got an Old Rod, caught a Magikarp, Magikarp evolved into Gyarados, I finished the S.S. Anne and Wartortle evolved into Blastoise. I'm now going to challenge the Vermilion Gym, which will be really tough! I haven't used any TM's yet, so I might want to do that.

Current team:

Blastoise Lvl 36
    ~ Water Gun
    ~ Bite
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Withdraw

Gyarados Lvl 20
    ~ Bite
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Splash
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits: