1st/2nd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!
Games in this gen: Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal
What is a Monotype Challenge?
A Monotype challenge is one in which you can only use Pokemon of a specific type to beat the game from start to finish (ie beating the champion and seeing the credits or in GSC beating Red and seeing credits the 2nd time around). For instance if you say try a Grass Monotype Challenge, you can only use Grass Type Pokemon found in the game.
- Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
- Pokemon are allowed to have two typings. For instance, Butterfree would be acceptable on both a flying team and a bug team.
- Legendaries and traded Pokemon (not counting in-game trades or trades for evolution purposes only) are not allowed.
- Note some types (like Dragon types typically) are not viable to use for such a challenge due to a lack of availability of them early in the game, or at all.
- If you pick a starter that is not of your type, then it may not be used after you have obtained one Pokemon of your chosen type.
- You may have Pokemon of another type in your team, but only as HM slaves - they may not be used in battles.
- Post only on this thread to either state which type you are doing, your current progress or to ask for suggestions on which Pokemon to use.
- If you wise to impose any other restrictions on yourself feel free to do so and mention them!