Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I got to Steven's room and I challenged him. He sent out his Skarmory first and I decided to use my Lanturn against it. I scored a critical hit Thunder, but Skarmory didn't faint. I had to keep using Shock Wave and then Thunder again in order to make it faint. Once that was done, I swapped out to Gyarados when Steven sent out Aggron. I used Water Pulse twice, and Aggron fainted as well. Steven then sent out his Metagross, and I used Swampert against that. One Earthquake attack was enough to take down Metagross, and then I swapped out to Ludicolo when Steven used his Cradily. I had Ludicolo use Giga Drain, but that didn't work as well as I had hoped. I eventually had it use Waterfall, and I beat Cradily with that. Steven sent out his Armaldo, and I countered that with Pelipper. There was a tense moment during that battle, but Pelipper managed to beat Armaldo with Steel Wing. I then used Walrein against Steven's Claydol, and I won with Blizzard. I beat Steven and got registered in the Hall of Fame. The credits rolled, and my monotype challenge came to an end.

Final team:

- Swampert Lv. 59
    - Ludicolo Lv. 53
    - Pelipper Lv. 53
    - Gyarados Lv. 53
    - Lanturn Lv. 53
    - Walrein Lv. 53

Challenge complete

So, I set off for Slateport. I made quick work of the trainers on the beach and in the beach hut before continuing to the Shipyard. A man here named Doc informed me that Capt. Stern was not about, and I should look for him elsewhere. My search led me to the museum, where Team Aqua were present. I spoke to Capt. Stern upstairs, when two Aqua Grunts challenged me to a battle so that they could obtain the goods. I disposed of them with little effort thanks to Herb, and was soon able to move north of the city. I battled a few trainers, and accepted the first round of the Trick House challenge, before heading north again under Cycling Road. It was along this path that I encountered May, and a battle began promptly. My team was a bit over-trained for the battle, all being at about level 22, so I was able to beat her with ease. Not long after the battle, Herb evolved into a Breloom, and I reached Mauville City. My Pokemon were capable of taking the Mauville gym in their current state, so I trounced Wally, told him to go away, and entered the gym. The gym trainers were hardly challenging, and during the battles, Chubbs evolved into Hariyama. I then faced Watson for the DynamoBadge, and was almost able to solo him with Herb, though Manectric got a critical hit to faint him, so Scorch finished the job. I'm now about to capture a Machop and train him on the trainers I have yet to battle around Mauville.

Team as it stands

Scorch. Level 24
    Herb. Level 24
    Chubbs. Level 24

So after my last adventure of getting a Lapris I grinded my pokes pretty hard. Well I thought anyways, actually scratch that It was mainly only 2 pokemon in lapris and Horsea. So yeah I caught a Horsea and named him Snooze. I was lucky enough to get a mild nature which is just a bonus and I went of to train. Horsea kept taking on level 31 Onix's and Gravellars because it is a gun and soon evolved into a Seadra. Wanting to train my other pokemon some more I went to Fuschia gym to help get Vacan and Lazula some levels as I had just taught her psychic.

I beat Koga no doubt and got me up some much needed levels. I went of to the Safari zone not catching any pokemon but to get myself surf. I taught it to 4 of my pokemon and left Rampage and Target out because they are more physical pokemon. I will let Rampage take on Sabrina because he has bite and bite is super effective.

Until next time

Team is as follows;

Pools the Blastoise: 50
    Target the Powliwrath:42
    Rampage the Gyarados:43
    Vacan the Slowbro:43
    Lazula the Lapris: 43
    Snooze the Seadra:32
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

The Machop turned out to be a girl, with a Hasty nature. The first thing that came to mind was "Karate Kid", "K.K", "Kiki", that works! So yes, Kiki the Machop was caught. Battling the trainers around Mauville, I was able to get Kiki up to level 24 like the rest of my team, allowing me to move onwards with my adventure. I've only played Sapphire from R/S/E before now, so my first in-game sighting of Team Magma at Mt. Chimney was slightly exciting, and made me want to get through Fallarbor town as quickly as possible. I breezed through all the trainers, seeing as my Pokemon are well levelled for this point in the game, and I came across Team Magma in Meteor Falls. The little scene played out there, and I headed back over to Mt. Chimney, with Kiki evolving into Machoke along the way. I managed to wipe the floor with Team Magma, while also pondering Maxie's Zubat, I'm sure it was a Golbat in R/S. Heading down through the Jagged Path, I encountered another Magma Grunt, who mentioned about Magma's hideout, sparking the realisation in my head that the teams will have separate hideouts in Emerald! Something I'm really looking forward to discovering. Seeing that Flannery's gym had a different layout threw me off slightly, but it wasn't difficult to figure out the right path, and soon enough I was in front of her, ready to challenge her. She proved to be the most difficult gym leader so far, as she managed to knock out Scorch, while almost knocking out Chubbs as well, but in the end I defeated her. I took the Go-Goggles from May, and will soon be heading to the desert and then the Petalburg gym.

Team as it stands

Scorch. Level 30
    Herb. Level 30
    Chubbs. Level 30
    Kiki. Level 30

im thinking of doing a mono rock on emerald if you guys have any suggestions for me post a comment

solrock
    armaldo
    aggron
    omastar
    golem
    aerodactyl

Im going to use advanced starter for aerodactyl
    and advanced map for solrock and omastar
    SHODDY BATTLE RULZ

First chunk of the game in my grass monotype was a piece of cake. Currently on Dewford island, training up to level 20 for Brawly.(The fricken Lenora of gen 3, I swear)

Current team:

Salsa

Waltz

White FC: 3654-1880-7019

3DS FC: 2105-8751-4059

Since I finished my previous Nuzlocke Challenge with flying colors, I've decided to start a new one on Sapphire version. I'm doing one with Grass-type Pokemon. I started off in Littleroot Town and I got out of the moving truck. I set the clock and did all the little things in Littleroot Town, and I headed off to Route 101 to locate Professor Birch. I found him being attacked by a wild Pokemon, and I chose Treecko in order to fight it off. After that, I was sent to Oldale Town and I battled wild Pokemon along the way, to train up my Treecko. I arrived in Oldale Town eventually, and I healed at the local Pokemon Center. I also obtained a free Potion at the Pokemon Mart, and I saved as I arrived at Route 103.

Current team:

- Treecko level 7

Hi there everyone.
    I've decided to take on the challenge (Nuzlocke mode has come to a standstill at Victory road due to excessive leveling), and I will be using the Steel type.
    I start on Ruby and hop out of my little truck, knowing I will never return... *Dramatic pose*
    I set the clock in my room (which I know will never move because I'm playing on an Emulator) and go back downstairs.
    Blah blah blah Elm blah blah blah starter...
    Long story short, I hacked to get a Beldum. Have to use my starter, right?
    Oh, and since I was hacking I made it shiny just because I like shiny Beldum better. Got a problem? Bite me.
    So after much grinding, I went to Petalburg city. At this point my Beldum is around level 12.
    After healing, I grind up to lv 15, then go talk to Wally and my dad. They do their thing, then I head through Petalburg Forest and take on the Magma grunt, beating his smelly Poochyena with one Take Down.
    By the time I get to Rustboro city, my Beldum is level 18. I go back to grinding near Rusturf Tunnel until my Beldum evolves! Yay! Now I can use something other than Take Down!
    Armed with Metal Claw, I head to the Gym.
    After a few Geodude (Which go down easy to the Metal Claw), I fight Roxanne (No challenge; super effective STAB hits with a pokemon ~8 levels higher than her strongest) and win.
    I go to the tunnel and save the Wingull, Peeko, from the Magma Grunt...
    Not much going on other than what has to. Metang is my only pokemon so not much is occuring. Hopefully, that's soon to change!
    I head out to Dewford and go straight to the cave. 5 pokemon in and I've snagged team member #2, Aron. She's a girl. I think I'll call her 'Fluffy'.
    Did I mention I called the Metang Silver? Well I did now.
    I tried to catch a Mawile, but I ran out of pokéballs, so I delivered the letter hastily to Steven, then went to Slateport. After buying as many Pokéballs and Great Balls as I could, I was left with $1 exactly.
    After 3 pokéballs I caught my Mawile. Her name is Omnom.
    After grinding all my team members up to level 22, I take on Brawley and his croneys with Metang's Confusion and one-shot everything.
    I then go to Slateport and deal quickly with Team Magma again, delivering my parcel and heading on my way.
    Unfortunately, by this time, I am tired. So I decide to call it quits for now. My current team is as follows;
    - Silver, Level 24
    - Fluffy, Level 23
    - Omnom, Level 22
    Melody...<--She's my girl...
    A wise man once said:
    "When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, and let the world wonder how you did it."
    "Many hands make a tangled mess"

Back.
    So after beating May in a less than intense battle, I head to Mauville and have another less than exciting fight with Wally, and then Wattson.
    All this leveling will catch up to me at some point, but for now I'm kicking back.
    So I have to go get Rock Smash...
    Done.
    After beating the Winstrates and collecting my Macho Brace, I teach Rock Smash to Omnom (I'll be using her the least) and continue to Lavaridge...
    Oh, wait. Team Magma's blocking the way. Well I guess I'll have to make a detour then.
    On my way to Fallarbor, I capture the next member of my team; a male Skarmory named Bladedge. Not long afterward, Fluffy evolves into a Lairon! Yay!
    After making short work of Team Magma yet again, I head to Fallarbor, heal up, and take on the gym.
    After a few retries (and a few puzzle fails... >.<) I beat Flannery and claim my badge.
    I decide again to turn in for the evening. My team is as follows;
    - Silver, level 28
    - Fluffy, Level 37
    - Omnom, Level 23
    - Bladedge, Level 16
    A wise man once said:
    "When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, and let the world wonder how you did it."

Well, I'm done beating Team Magma and now have decided to beat the trainers near Pacifidlog before challenging Wallace. After that, My only challenge left will be the Elite 4. My Delcatty and Spinda, once again have shown me that they are just as good as the rest of my team. I no longer regret choosing them and I look forward to seeing them help against the Elite 4.

Team:
    Tauros lv. 43
    Delcatty lv. 43
    Spinda lv. 43
    Porygon2 lv. 44
    Swellow lv. 43
    Exploud lv. 43
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I started a Mono-Poison run in LG last night. I've beaten Brock and am at Mt. Moon right now.

Party:
    Ivysaur lv. 17
    Beedrill lv. 14
    Nidorino lv. 16
    Zubat lv. 13

Part 3.
    After running around aimlessly in the desert for a while, I head back to Mauville and then through Rusturf tunnel, rocksmashing my way back to Rustboro. From there I catch a Zigzagoon (HM slave, not for the team), and quickly cycle to Petalburg.
    Making quick work of every trainer and the leader, I head back to Mauville to recruit the final member of my team, a Magnemite, who will hopefully help a lot in the next gym.
    I catch one at level 24. It's name is Bipolar (Get it? Because magnets have 2 poles? I'm such a comedian).
    Within minutes of being caught, Bipolar evolves. Now it has... 12 poles. I'm not going to nickname it Dodecapolar because that has too many letters.
    After that I run to Fortree, because I have to work. So I'm done for now.
    - Silver, level 31
    - Fluffy, Level 39
    - Omnom, Level 23
    - Bladedge, Level 18
    - Bipolar, Level 34
    A wise man once said:

I got to Route 103 and I trained a bit in the tall grass there. I eventually met up with May and we battled each other. I had a tough time against her Torchic, despite Treecko being at a higher level than her Pokemon, but I managed to beat her. I then healed at the Pokemon Center in Oldale Town and I left south again towards Littleroot Town. I got to the Pokemon Lab and I obtained some Poke Balls for my journey. I then returned to Oldale Town and I headed to Route 102. I began to travel west towards Petalburg City. I found a trainer along the way, and I had to battle against him. I managed to beat him after some difficulties, and I saved before I continued westward.

Current team:

- Treecko level 8

Okay, new update.
    With Bipolar spearheading my team (and kicking the flying gym's *****, with the exception of a very pesky Altaria and it's earthquake...), I move on through Route 120/1 and to Lilycove. I beat May, then withdraw Zigzagoon from the PC to go to the Magma lair in the cove.
    After realizing I was going the wrong way, I turn around and head to Mount Pyre... Storyline fail.
    Anyways, I catch a Tentacool for Dive/Waterfall later on.
    Okay, now I beat Team Magma at the mountain, and THEN head to Slateport...
    After a useless and lengthy cutscene I head back to Lilycove (the right way this time...) and into the lair.
    After beating Tabitha, I save and turn off. Psychologist appointment, don't you know.
    - Fluffy, Level 40
    - Omnom, Level 27
    - Bipolar, Level 38
    - Silver, Level 34
    - Bladedge, Level 24
    A wise man once said:

Still trudging along in my grass challenge. Got to Mauville, wandering around the surrounding routes to level up the Oddish I added to my team. Brawly was a bit of a challenge, one of the most naturally challenging gym leaders in the game in my opinion. I actually won with a cut slave Nincada that happened to be in my party at the time. :P

Current team:

"Salsa" Lv. 24
    "Waltz" Lv. 25
    "Rave" Lv. 17

White FC: 3654-1880-7019

3DS FC: 2105-8751-4059

I continued forward on Rouet 102, and I eventually ran into some wild Pokemon in the tall grass there. I battled them and trained my Treecko that way for about 15 minutes there. I battled another trainer, and then I arrived at Petalburg City. I healed my Treecko at the local Pokemon Center, and then I ran off to explore the town a little bit. I came across the Petalburg City Gym and I went inside. I talked to my father, and he asked me to help Wally capture his first Pokemon. Me and Wally set out to do that, and then once he successfully capture his Ralts, I returned to Petalburg City and I stocked up on items at the local Poke Mart. I then left for Route 102 again, since I needed to train my Treecko some more as well as capture some new Pokemon for me team. I saved there.

Current team:

- Treecko level 10

So I thought I may as well update because I haven't done it in a while because I have been quite busy. I haven't done much of the game but it is enough to update.

Last post I said I would let Rampage take on Sabrinas gym, and thats why I did. However he had to share demolishing duties with Pools and Lazula to defeat Sabrina. It was a piece of cake but I did have to pop out once to restore Rampage. After that I went all the way to Cinnibar awaiting my next challenge, Blaine. But before I got there I decided to take on all the trainiers with Target.

I made it to Blaines gym, ready to beat him to bits. I then realised I needed the secret key so I will now be on my way to retrieve that from the mansion were Snooze will be taking duties for a bit.

Until next time.

Target the Powliwrath:45
    Rampage the Gyarados:45
    Vacan the Slowbro:44
    Lazula the Lapras: 42
    Snooze the Seadra:32
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I got back to Route 102, and I searched the tall grass for a new Pokemon for my team. After running into a bunch of wild Zigzagoon, I found a widl Lotad in the tall grass. I captured that and then I trained it there against the wild Pokemon. I left to heal at the Petalburg City Pokemon Center eventually, and then I made my way west towards the Petalburg Woods. I got to the beach route before that, and I trained some more there. I visited Mr. Briney's house, and then I battled against a trainer in the area. I picked some berries that were growing in the area, and then I entered the Petalburg Woods. I got inside and I wandered around for a while. I saved shortly before going into the tall grass.

Current team:

- Treecko level 11
    - Lotad level 7

So after a quick surf to Mossdeep city, Omnom starts to prove her worth.
    I grinded the girl up to level 38 so she learned Crunch, then wiped the floor with all the trainers in the Gym; However, the leaders put her to sleep and flamethrower-ed her to death. Fortunately, they're both rock types, so a few metal claws later I was collecting Dive and heading on my way.
    I cleared Team Magma from the undersea cave, then went to Sootopolis.
    Since I'm playing an Emulator and I can't use it, I killed Groudon. Silly lizard.
    Anyway, once again Bipolar proves a valuable asset. I grind him up to 42 on the trainers in the gym then try my hand at Wallace; I fail miserably (After a few hours spent trying to solve the damned ice puzzle) because I fail to account for the Whiscash with Earthquake...
    With no way to beat Wallace without some serious levelling, I head back to the Seafloor Cavern to train.
    After a few hours of slaughtering hundreds of Zubat, my pokemon are now much higher in level than they were before. Also, Fluffy evolved again!
    With the Whiscash dealt with, everything else is a cinch. I claim the Rain Badge and head to Victory road to train, then turn off after a while.

- Fluffy, Level 48
    - Omnom, Level 40
    - Bladedge, Level 28
    - Silver, Level 44
    - Bipolar, Level 48
    A wise man once said:

I started walking in the tall grass at the Petalburg Woods, and I found a wild Shroomish as I was searching the tall grass. I battled it and I weakened it enough to capture. I added it to my team afterwards, and I continued to travel through the forest. I eventually had to heal my Pokemon at the Petalburg City Pokemon Center again after training in the forest for so long, but I returned in time to battle against a Team Aqua grunt. Once that was finished, I continued onwards and once I battled another trainer, I arrived at the northern portion of the route. I collected a berry from the flower shop there, and then I battled a Lady class trainer and a Lass trainer. I saved before going on the bridge there.

Current team:

- Treecko level 13
    - Lotad level 9
    - Shroomish level 7

I went through the mansion to retrieve the secret key so I can prove to Blaine why water pokemon are better. Snooze got a few levels up and then we went to Blaine. I didn't bother using any other pokemon apart from snooze here seeing as he needed the levels. I battled every trainer in the gm before taking on Blaine. Of course Snooz won beating every single pokemon witha OHKO surf. Blaine gave me the badge and I went on my way out the gym.

As soon as I stood outside the gym Bill managed to come by and asked if I could help him on his quest for the PC system on the islands. I accepted because I am a top bloke and we left on our way. We got there and he told me to explore a bit and retrieve somethign from island 2. I went there and was asked if I could help find this dudes daughter. I went onto island 3 having a feelimng she could be there and she was. I had to defeat a Hypno to save her but that was no sweat considering I had Rampage take it down.

I am currently on island 1 training up all my pokemon to level 50 before taking on the 8th and final gym, Giovanni!

Until next time.

Target the Powliwrath:50
    Rampage the Gyarados:46
    Vacan the Slowbro:44
    Lazula the Lapras: 42
    Snooze the Seadra:50
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I finally got on the bridge on the northern portion of Route 104, and I had to battle it out against the Twins there in a double battle. It was my first double battle in the game, so I was worried that it would be difficult. Sure enough, beating those two was hard with Grass-type Pokemon. Treecko managed to come in handy with its Pound attack, but Lotad wasn't very good in terms of attacking ability. I managed to beat the twins by swapping to Shroomish, and then I arrived in Rustboro City. I quickly healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, and then I headed off for the Petalburg Woods to train some more to level up my Pokemon. I eventually returned to Rustboro City, and I explored the place a bit. I got the Quick Claw at the Trainers' School, and I saved before going to the Gym.

Current team:

- Treecko level 14
    - Lotad level 11
    - Shroomish level 10

I'm starting a nuzlocke monotype master challenge (whew, mouthful)

I kind of invented the whole "master" title, but basically, the goal is to get every type of pokemon (of my chosen type) that I can in my pokedex. All nuzlocke rules apply, no hm slaves except my type, no catching other types, must catch ALL of that type AND beat elite four twice to be considered a win. I'll start on fire red, trade the 25ish pokemon from there to emerald, and do that (no DS...) SO

FIRE RED NUZLOCKE MONOTYPE MASTER: NORMAL

ENTRY 1:
    WOOO! Chose charmander as my starter, but soon caught a rattata at level 3 and Pidgey at level 4. So now my team is:
    Rattata 3
    Pidgey 4

A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal - Panama!

I finally got to the Rustboro City Gym and I battled the first Gym trainers inside. It was an easy battle thanks to Lotad and Shroomish. After that, I had to battle another Gym trainer, and I did so with Treecko. I managed to win very easily as well, and then I headed to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I returned to the Gym and I fought against Roxanne. She sent out her Geodude first, and I countered that with Lotad and Shroomish. They managed to win that battle for me, and they leveled up. I then swapped to Treecko and battled Roxanne's Nosepass. I managed to beat it with Absorb, and Treecko evolved into Grovyle! I got the Stone Badge and the TM containing Rock Tomb from Roxanne. I saved before leaving the Gym.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 16
    - Lotad level 12
    - Shroomish level 12

So after training up my pokemon to level 50, I decided to go to Bill because I was bored of the sevi islands. He took me back to Cinnibar and I went on my way to Giovanni with a team of water pokemon to beat him to death. Sadly I didn't kill him but I did manage to get the Earth Badge. It was really easy with my Pokemon being super effective to every Pokemon in the gym. I gained up a few levels for each and then went on to face my rival, Gary.

He sent out his usual Pidgeot which was destroyed by my Rampage and the Pools and Lazula took the rest. Venusaur was a bit hard to take down but in the end it was gone. I am now on my way to the elite 4.

Until next time.

Pools the Blastoise: 52
    Target the Powliwrath:51
    Rampage the Gyarados:50
    Vacan the Slowbro:51
    Lazula the Lapras: 50
    Snooze the Seadra:51