Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I ran through viridian forest because I want to assemble my team as fast as possible but unfortunately I wont retrieve all members until I reach the Safari Zone where I will ctach a Doduo, however lets move on with the story. I have decided that instead of training my team up level by level I will just go through a patch of trainers only using a certain pokemon. for example Pidgey will take on the whole of viridian forest while Charmander will take Brock and Spearow will take on all the trainiers up until Mt.Moon. So like I said, those are the pokemon that were used for those tasks. I got them to all level 18 before heading through Mt Moon. By this time Pidgey was now a Pidgeotto and Spearow was 2 levels away from being a Fearow! I used my Charmeleon to take on Mt Moon after demolishing Brock with his metal claw attack. I made it out the tunnel reaching level 24 and retrieving many items and even the helix fossil (although it didn't matter which one I was getting). I decided to let Pidgeotto take on nugget bridge and he found it a little hard but with some help from Spearow we made it through. Spearow evolved into Fearow on the way to bill and I felt like I was all set. I helped bill get out of his stupid little costume and he gave me a SS Anne ticket. I went to Misty. Now Misty was kind of hard, not because of my pokemon but because of stupid hax! She got a confusion on atleast 2 of my pokemon in the first 3 battles and made me hit myself every single time! The fourth time I finally beat her with me and my pokemon taking a quick rest.

Charmeleon: 24
    Pidgeotto: 24
    Fearow: 21
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Well, I'm currently in the middle of a Grass monotype challenge on Emerald. I've got all 8 badges and I'm currently training for the Elite 4. I haven't been the Victory Road yet, because I hope to level everyone up a bit more before that. Right now I'm able to tackle all of the trainers between Pacifidlong and Slateport. My team is as followed:

Spoiler:- Team:

EDIT;; Okay, so my lovely team of grass Pokemon and I made it through Victory Road. It was not as difficult as I had been expecting, so we made it out relatively unharmed. After a lot of training, new TM moves, and Rare Candies, we're prepared to take on the Elite 4! (which won't be happening until my next update ...)

Snape the Sceptile, lvl 50
    Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Quick Attack, Rock Tomb
    Pineapple the Ludicolo, lvl 50
    Surf, Giga Drain, Ice Beam, Toxic
    Luigi the Breloom, lvl 50
    Mega Drain, Sky Uppercut, Strength, Leech Seed
    Valerie the Vileplume, lvl 50
    Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Aromatherapy, Moonlight
    Lilly the Cradily, lvl 50
    Ancientpower, Amnesia, Confuse Ray, Ingrain
    Rex the Tropius, lvl 50
    Solarbeam, Fly, Body Slam, Earthquake
    Last edited by Dancing Melon; 3rd May 2012 at 8:42 PM.
    [IMG]http://i32.*******.com/24l8llx.png[/IMG]

I went to the Saffron City Pokemon Center before challenging Giovanni because I had to heal my Pokemon. I returned to Silph Co. after that, and I continued to climb the building until I reached the eleventh floor via the warp panels. I entered the president's room, and I met Giovanni inside. He talked, and then we began to battle. He sent out his Nidorino, and I used my Seaking against it. I defeated Nidorino with Water Pulse, and then I used my Gyarados against his Kangaskhan. I had to endure Kangaskhan's Mega Punch attack, and then I counter attacked with Thrash. I defeated it, and I used my Blastoise against Giovanni's Nidoqueen. I defeated her easily with Surf attack, and only Giovanni's Rhyhorn remained. Vaporeon defeated it, and then Giovanni and the Team Rocket grunts fled the building. I obtained the Master Ball from the company president after that and I saved the game.

- Blastoise level 42
    - Gyarados level 40
    - Vaporeon level 39
    - Seaking level 35
    - Lapras level 25

I spent a good while battling the trainers of this gym because they kept defeating my Baltoy and Trapinch. After a lot of healing I did manage to beat them all and then I challenged Norman. Camerupt got a lucky burn from Ember on his first Slaking and then proceeded to knock it out with repeated Magnitude's and Rock Slides. He sent in Vigoroth which knocked out Camerupt so I turned to Graveler. It kept using Faint Attack but I got a critical hit with Magnitude and knocked it out. He sent out his last Slaking and I went with my trusty Marshtomp. Mud Shot kept lowering it's speed and when I could out speed it I just alternated between Water Gun and Mud Shot while healing every once in awhile. Slaking eventually fell and my father gave me my 5th badge as well as mention something about seeing Wally's father next door.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

And let the Elite 4 battles begin!

Sidney was a piece of cake; Luigi took out his Mighteyna and Absol with one Sky Uppercut each. Valerie used a Sludge Bomb to take out Shiftry, Rex defeated Cacturne with a Fly, then Crawdaunt went down to a Leaf Blade from Snape. One down, 3 to go!

Phoebe was a bit tougher, as I didn't have any super-effective moves against her. I sent Pineapple out against her first Dusclops, who had a nasty habit of Protect-stalling me. Then she sent out a Banette, which was defeated with a few Leaf Blades from Snape. Her second Dusclops was a bit tricky, but with a combination of Toxic from Pineapple and a Leech Seed from Luigi, it eventually fell. Then Valerie took out Sableye like it was a joke, which left one last Banette. Rex took out a good chunk of HP before he went down to a critical hit, so Lilly finished it off with a little Confuse Ray/Ancientpower.

Glacia ... she was a pain in the behind. Everything was going swimmingly; Pineapple took out her first Sealeo, Luigi took out her first Glalie, and Snape took out the second Sealeo. Then she sent out that darn Walrein. Pineapple was out there, getting ready to Giga Drain it and take it out, when it used Sheer Cold. And it hit. Then she proceeded to use Sheer Cold to take out Lilly. Then Valerie. FINALLY, Snape was able to come in and take it out with a Leaf Blade. Stupid Walrein ... oh yeah, then her last Pokemon, Glalie, went down easily to Luigi. One Elite 4 member left!

I'll admit, Glacia worried me a lot more than Drake did, so considering that I swept through her alright, I wasn't too scared going into this next fight. Snape used a few Dragon Claws to take out Shelgon, then Flygon went down to one Ice Beam from Pineapple. Altaria was when things started to take a turn. Pineapple failed to KO it with Ice Beam, and it got up a few Dragon Dances and Pineapple was down. I sent out Lilly to finish it with an Ancientpower. Kingdra proved to be even more of an issue ... Snape was out there, using Dragon Claw, while Kingdra was setting up Dragon Dances. Then out of nowhere, it used Body Slam and KO'd my Snape. I sent out Rex next to see what he could do, but he suffered the same fate. It was up to Lilly, who managed to survive multiple attacks with the help of Ingrain, Confuse Ray, and a few Hyper Potions. After a few Ancientpowers Kingdra was knocked out and Salamence was the only Pokemon left. Lilly took hits like a champ and managed to defeat it with Ancientpower. Drake and the rest of the Elite 4 were defeated, which just left the champion!

The fight against Wallace was surprisingly tricky despite my type advantage. His Wailord took a few hits of Valerie's Petal Dance to go down, and then he sent out his Milotic. Valerie had taken some damage from Wailord, so she was defeated by an Ice Beam, so I sent Pineapple out there for some Toxic-stalling. After some Antidotes and Giga Drains, Pineapple KO'd Milotic. Tentacruel was next, who went down to 2 Earthquakes from Rex (who BARELY survived and Ice Beam, so proud!). Ludicolo fell to a few Fly attacks from Rex, once he got past the Double Team stalling. Whiscash was next, who actually took 2 Leaf Blades from Snape to be KO'd. That was quite surprising. Gyarados was Wallace's last Pokemon, and this is where it gets good. I sent out Lilly, figuring that she had the best chance to surviving/defeating Gyarados. She used an Ancientpower and it did maybe a third of his Gyarados' health. Then, on the next turn, Ancientpower gets a critical hit, and we've won!

My lovely team of grass and I are inducted into the Hall of Fame, and the credits roll ... who knows where we'll go next? Perhaps to Meteor Falls to take on a certain Steel-type trainer ... but we'll save that adventure for next time.

The Team (now Hall of Famers!):
    Snape the Sceptile, lvl 51
    Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Quick Attack, Rock Tomb
    Pineapple the Ludicolo, lvl 51
    Surf, Giga Drain, Ice Beam, Toxic
    Luigi the Breloom, lvl 50
    Mega Drain, Sky Uppercut, Strength, Leech Seed
    Valerie the Vileplume, lvl 50
    Petal Dance, Sludge Bomb, Aromatherapy, Moonlight
    Lilly the Cradily, lvl 51
    Ancientpower, Amnesia, Confuse Ray, Ingrain
    Rex the Tropius, lvl 50
    Solarbeam, Fly, Body Slam, Earthquake

Hey, quick update! I've basically sped through the gyms and I've just beaten Erika. My team is:

Shocker - Raichu Lv40
    Hasty Male
    Thunderbolt
    Brick Break
    Mega Punch
    Thunder Wave

Sparks - Electrode Lv40
    Jolly ()
    Spark
    Rollout
    Screech
    Sonicboom

Hertz - Jolteon Lv40
    Timid Male
    Shock Wave
    Double Kick
    Dig
    Pin Missile

It's been easier than I thought it would be so far, but Onixs/Geodudes were a real pain in Rock Tunnel, particularly as none of my pokemon knew any super-effective moves then.

I'll update soon, I'll expect!
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Sorry to double post, but I needed to update, but I've now got 6 badges and 5 team members!
    My team:

Shocker - Raichu Lv55
    Hasty Female
    Thunderbolt
    Brick Break
    Mega Punch
    Thunder Wave

Sparks - Electrode Lv55
    Jolly
    Swift
    Rollout
    Light Screen
    Spark

Hertz - Jolteon Lv55
    Timid Male
    Shock Wave
    Double Kick
    Dig
    Pin Missile

Magnite - Magneton Lv55
    Bashful
    Spark
    Tri Attack
    Thunder Wave
    Lock On

Blitz - Electabuzz Lv55
    Timid Female
    Thunderpunch
    Psychic
    Brick Break
    Thunderbolt

I'll keep playing. Seriously need to improve the movesets, though
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Well, considering that I defeated my Grass challenge on Emerald (other than Steven ... but I need time to train!), I've decided to start a Poison challenge on my Leaf Green game!

My journey began in my room, sitting in front of my TV playing video games, but since that was getting me nowhere, I stopped the gaming, grabbed the Potion stored in my PC, and went to hunt down Professor Oak. I went next door to find Daisy, and she told me that her brother Gary was waiting at the lab. Then at the lab, Gary told me that the professor wasn't around! I started to head north to find him myself, when he showed up out of nowhere, warning me about the dangers of Pokemon hiding in tall grass.

We walked back to the lab, and I got to pick out my very first Pokemon! I went with a Bulbasaur, as I am doing a Poison-only challenge, and I named him Victor. Gary, always trying to one-up me, picked a Charmander. I started to leave to begin my journey, when Gary challenged me to a battle! Thank goodness I had that Potion, otherwise I wouldn't have won ... stupid critical hits.

Anyway, after defeating Gary, I headed north to Viridian City, leveling up Victor along the way. I tried to continue on to the next city, but there was a grumpy old man blocking my way ... apparently he hadn't had his coffee yet. I stopped in the Pokemart to pick up some supplies, and I was forced to return to Pallet Town to deliver something to Professor Oak. Oh well. It was better than waiting around for that old man to move.

I delivered the parcel, and received a Pokedex from the professor. Then I grabbed the Town Map from Daisy, and went north ... again. I took a pit stop near the Pokemon League, just to check it out, when I ran into Gary! He challenged me to yet another battle, and even with the fight being 2 against one, and Victor being weak to both Pidgey AND Charmander, we won!

As Victor and I ventured forward to the Viridian Forest, the elderly man who was blocking our path before stopped us and showed me how to catch Pokemon. Thanks, but I'd already caught 4 Pokemon, so I was kind of a pro. He did give me a Teachy TV ... I guess it makes up for his rudeness earlier.

We breezed through Viridian Forest, making it to Pewter City in no time. I went straight to the gym, and it was extremely easy, as Victor was level 15 and knew Vine Whip. During the fight against Brock, Victor leveled up, and evolved into Ivysaur! I got my first gym badge, and that's where I decided to take a break.

Next time, I believe we'll be getting two more team members to join the challenge. Until then!

Team:
    Victor the Ivysaur, lvl 16
    Vine Whip, Tackle, Leech Seed, Poisonpowder

Well, I was waiting to see if someone else was going to post, as I didn't want to double post, but ... oh well. On to part 2!

After defeating Brock, I began searching the grass on Route 3 for my next team member. I was going for a Nidoran female, as they're more common in Leaf Green, but when I found a male, I just couldn't resist! I caught him, named him Nick, and started training him against the trainers I had skipped.

We made it through Route 3 with little trouble, and we were on to Mt. Moon. Once inside, I caught my next team member, a Zubat named Zoey. I trained her and Nick to try to get them caught up with Victor, and during my training, Nick evolved into Nidorino!

I picked up a Helix Fossil on my way out of the cave, and made it to Cerulean City. As there was nothing to do besides go north, I went that way and ran into Gary. Everything was going fine until his Charmander KO'd Victor. And Nick. Luckily, Zoey got to strike first, and won the match for me!

I creamed the trainers on the Nugget Bridge, didn't join Team Rocket, and went through Route 25 to talk to Bill. I saved him from being stuck as a Clefairy forever, and got the S.S. Ticket. Now it was time to take on the gym!

With Victor on my side, Misty's water types didn't stand a chance. Her Staryu and Starmie went down with very little effort, and now it was time to head south to Vermillion!

Team:
    Victor the Ivysaur, lvl 22
    Razor Leaf, Tackle, Leech Seed, Poisonpowder
    Nick the Nidorino, lvl 21
    Double Kick, Peck, Poison Sting, Focus Energy
    Zoey the Zubat, lvl 19
    Bite, Leech Life, Astonish, Supersonic

Just completed a water monotype runthrough on my Leafgreen version, alongside doing a bug monotype on my old Blue cartridge. xD;
    I love doing monotypes~
    Anyway this one was really easy and not much of a challenge, probably the easiest monotype I've done. I fancied doing it because I love water types, especially the Kanto bunch. <3 So just thought I'd post what my team was after defeating the Champion;

- Bazooka Lv. 63 - Surf, Ice Beam, Bite, Double-Edge
    - Tsunami Lv. 58 - Waterfall, Dragon Dance, Thunder Wave, Body Slam
    - Ninjastar Lv. 58 - Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray
    - Nessie Lv. 58 - Surf, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Return
    - Kraken Lv. 58 - Surf, Sludge Bomb, Toxic, Barrier
    - Poseidon Lv. 58 - Waterfall, Brick Break, Earthquake, Body Slam

Made by me, I take requests.

Spoiler:- Trades:

On my travels down to Vermillion, I decided to evolve Nick into a Nidoking with a Moon Stone, and I also leveled up Zoey to the point of evolution! My new and improved team and I also went to Route 11 east of Vermillion to gain another level or 2, and then we boarded the S.S. Anne for even more training.

We ran into Gary yet again, and this time easily crushed him. Then we got the HM for Cut from the captain, giving us access to the gym!

Nick had just gotten access to Dig through TM, so Lt. Surge and his gym trainers didn't stand a chance to his power. Just a short while later, the Thunderbadge was mine, and it was on to our next challenge.

Team:
    Victor, lvl 27
    Nick, lvl 27
    Thrash, Double Kick, Poison Sting, Dig
    Zoey, lvl 27
    Wing Attack, Bite, Astonish, Supersonic

After receiving the Master Ball from the Silph Co. president, I headed back down to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon for the upcoming Gym battle against Sabrina. I bought some items at the local Poke Mart after that, and then I made my way to the Saffron City Gym. Navigating the Gym was the hardest part; I battled against the Gym trainers and won those battles easily, but I could never figure out how to reach Sabrina. I healed my Pokemon once more, and then I returned to the Gym, and I finally managed to find Sabrina's spot at the Gym's center. We began to battle, and she used her Kadabra, and I used Gyarados. I won that match with Hydro Pump, and I used my Blastoise against her Mr. Mime. Its Psybeam attack damaged Blastoise, but Blastoise defeated Mr. Mime with a tough Bite attack. Sabrina then sent out her Alakazam, and I sent out my Vaporeon to battle it.

- Blastoise level 43
    - Gyarados level 41
    - Vaporeon level 40
    - Seaking level 36
    - Lapras level 27

After defeating Lt. Surge, I stopped by the Pokemon Fan Club to pick up the Bike Voucher, which I exchanged as soon as I got back up to Cerulean. Then I headed east towards Rock Tunnel, as that was the only way for me to move into new territory.

The trainers were numerous and tedious, but my team and I shortly made it through to Lavender Town. There wasn't a whole lot to do in the sleepy little town, so I started to make my way to Celadon City, and along the way, Victor evolved into Venusaur! Now all of my team members were at their (temporary) final forms.

I arrived in Celadon, and after a bit of exploring and shopping, I made my way to the Game Corner, possibly to play the slots. However, I noticed a shady looking Team Rocket member towards the back of the casino, so I went up to talk to him, and he challenged me to a battle! I easily defeated him, and he disappeared off to the right! I inspected the poster he was staring at, and there was a switch underneath it! I pressed it, and there, in the back of the Game Corner, was a set of stairs.

Down the stairs, I found a bunch of Team Rocket members, who I quickly defeated. I made my way down to the fourth basement level, where the boss of Team Rocket, Giovanni, was waiting. I entered into battle against him, and as my Pokemon were a bit over-leveled, he was easy to defeat! He disappeared, and left behind a Silph Scope. I guess I was supposed to head back to the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town.

Team:
    Victor the Venusaur, lvl 34
    Nick the Nidoking, lvl 34
    Zoey the Golbat, lvl 35
    Wing Attack, Bite, Astonish, Confuse Ray

I have done quite alot since last time. I went through rock tunnel with some extreme difficulty as you can imagine with flying pokemon. Charmeleon and alot of potions helped me make it through surivivng one 1 hp! I was so happy. I quickly raced to Celedon to get me a Sycther and trained him up with the Team Rocket events. I let Fearow take on the Celedon gym and it learnt drill peck finally! AS I demolished through the grass gym I decided to go give Koga a go. By this time my Pidgeotto had become a Pidgeot and my Charmelon had become a Charizard. Sycther took down all the water trainiers on the way to Fuscia and the Pidgeot help take out all the flying tamers. They were nothing compared to me and really should study what I am doing if they want to become a flying master. I went to the safari zone to pick up my 5th flying pokemon, Doduo and then and caught myself a Gyarados with the super rod I recieved on the way to Fuscia. Charizard had some trouble against Koga and his gym but in the end was able to sneak a victory in their. I am currently training my team before I go back to Sabrina and take her on.

Charizard:41
    Dodrio:35
    Pidgeot:38
    Fearow:41
    Sycther:42
    Gyarados:20
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I traveled back to Lavender Town, and went straight for the Pokemon Tower. On only the second floor though, I ran into Gary! I was not in the mood to battle him, as I had Team Rocket to worry about, so I crushed him with my awesome Pokemon team.

I battled my way up the Pokemon Tower, fighting a bunch of creepy old ladies and their Gastlys and Haunters. I thought about catching one for my team, but since I'd used Gengar lots of times, and I wouldn't be able to trade, I was going to go ahead and use something new.

At the very last set of stairs, I ran into a ghost! The Silph Scope identified it as Marowak, and I realized that this was the Pokemon that everyone was telling me about! Team Rocket was much more evil than I had expected, killing this innocent Pokemon. But, apparently defeating it in battle rested her spirit, and it was on to the top floor.

There were only a few Team Rocket members there for me to defeat, and at the end of the line was a kind-looking, elderly man. I learned that this was Mr. Fuji, and he took me back down to his house, where he gave me a Poke Flute! I would never need to buy another Awakening again!

Anyway, I decided to head south on Route 12, so I could finally wake up that Snorlax, and find a grassy patch where my next team member was waiting! I captured the Snorlax (for Pokedex sake), avoided as many trainers as possible, and found myself in a nice area of grass to search. After a few Pokemon encounters, I finally found my fourth team member, Molly the Venonat!

I battled the trainers along the way back north, just for some experience for Molly, as she was only level 22. I went back to Celadon City, and it was time to take on the Grass gym!

Molly battled her way through many, MANY grass types, quickly gaining levels. Then, around one of the last gym trainers, Molly evolved into Venomoth! They grow up so fast … but anyway, after a quick trip to the Poke Center, it was time to take on Erika!

Erika was a bit tougher than her gym trainers, as her Pokemon were all fully evolved, but her Victreebel and her Vileplume were both weak to Molly's Confusion attack, and Tangela was defeated by a few Leech Lifes and Gusts. But the Rainbow Badge was ours, and Molly cleared an entire gym on her own! I think she's a keeper.

Team:
    Victor the Venusaur, lvl 36
    Nick the Nidoking, lvl 36
    Zoey the Golbat, lvl 37
    Molly the Venomoth, lvl 32
    Confusion, Leech Life, Gust, Stun Spore

Well, after my new FireRed cartridge arrived yesterday, I decided to start a Fire-type Monotype Challenge on the game in question!

Planned final team:

Entry #1:

After the long start process with Professor Oak, having to reintroduce myself as a boy named 'Red' and his grandson 'Blue' (wow... what kind of grandfather forgets his own grandkid's name!?), I started my journey in Pallet Town.

After a short bit of exploration, the town still being as boring as usual and Blue being a jerk as always, I decided to blow the popsicle stand and journey out onto Route 1... only for Professor Oak to remind me that I've still no Pokemon, taking me to his lab in order to attain one.

At first, I was unimpressed. The Water Starter, Squirtle, didn't feel like it was for me and I don't particularly like Bulbasaur, the Grass-type Starter. However, finally, I met Charmander. Although Professor Oak told me that he was the hardest to raise, I realised he was it... if I could become the Champion with Charmander as my Starter, I would prove myself a powerful trainer... much stronger than Blue anyway.

So, I went with the Fire-type Starter Pokemon of Kanto... Charmander! After learning that Charmander was a male, I decided to give him a nickname that I believed fit a fiery Pokemon like him: Ra, after the Egyptian God of the sun.

POKEMON OBTAINED:

Ra/Charmander Lv. 5 (Male)

As I predicted, however, Blue decided to try and one-up me by usng Squirtle. Tch, typical, eh? So, after recieving our Starters, Blue decided to challenge me to a battle. Yet another attempt to show off, no doubt. To his dismay, thanks to the guidance of Professor Oak (HA! How do you like that Blue? Your grandfather likes me more!), I swiftly defeated him after a few exchanges of Tackles and Scratches.

Triumphant, with Ra growing in confidence, I decided to head out onto Route One; training my new Charmander a little more before resting for the day.

CURRENT TEAM:

Ra/Charmander Lv. 7
    Hold Item: None
    Rash Nature

- Scratch
    - Growl
    - Ember

This episode, on Dancing Melon's Poison Monotype Run …

Cycling Road. There's really not much for me to say about it. Pretty much Molly and Zoey destroyed everyone, since it was a bunch of Poison or Fighting types. So we made it to Fuchsia in great time. And the first thing we did? We went straight to the Safari Zone to get me a Surf HM.

I did catch a few Pokemon in the Safari Zone for sake of the Pokedex (I need to get at least 60 … I'm sure most people will know why), but mostly I just wanted to get Surf and the Gold Teeth (so I could get Strength!). Getting all of the HM-recieving out of the way, I went straight to the gym!

Why there were nearly no Poison-type gym trainers in a Poison-type gym, I'll never know. But my team had very little difficulty getting to Koga. Now it was time to see who was the superior Poison-type trainer! Enter Molly + Psybeam. And Nick + Dig. Victory and the Soul Badge were mine, along with the ability to Surf outside of battle!

I fished up a Goldeen to temporarily Surf for me, and I went south to catch my next team member, Tommy the Tentacool! I saved the game there, to begin training Tommy next time.

Team:
    Victor the Venusaur, lvl 38
    Razor Leaf, Strength, Leech Seed, Poisonpowder
    Nick the Nidoking, lvl 38
    Zoey the Golbat, lvl 38
    Molly the Venomoth, lvl 39
    Psybeam, Leech Life, Gust, Stun Spore
    Tommy the Tentacool, lvl 11
    Poison Sting, Supersonic, Surf

Update time!

RevolutionStorm's Pokemon FireRed Monotype Journey - Fire

Entry #2

TEAM AT START OF UPDATE:

Okay, I lied. I wasn't going to rest... not when I had Blue racing ahead of me. Heading to Viridian City, I quickly found an elderly psychopath blocking the road; having not had his coffee... gee, he's got issues. Anyway, deciding to buy some Potions, I headed to the local PokeMart to have the shopkeeper quickly call me over.

Turns out Professor Oak had ordered something that the clerk wanted me to deliver. Despite wanting to press on, I reluctantly headed back to deliver Oak his package only for Blue to show up. Rather than trying to battle me this time, it turned out his grandpa wanted him here.

After being given a Pokemon Encyclopedia known as a 'Pokedex' that Professor Oak wanted us to fill in, Blue headed off to pick up a map; telling me to NOT try and get one from his sister... wow... and Blue tries to call ME the dumb one?

Visiting Daisy, the much nicer and better-looking sister of Blue, she gave me a map of the Kanto Region. Confidence swelled, me and Ra commenced to lay siege to Route 1; battling Pidgey and Rattata alike as the Charmander grew in power.

Overconfident and brash, we marched off to the Pokemon League to show them what we were made of... when BLUE showed up. Oi vey, that guy has to show up when nobody wants him...

Turns out I need items known as 'Gym Badges' if I wish to challenge the Elite Four and become Champion... which, I do not have. Blue then, in his arrogant way as usual, decided to challenge me to a battle. Suffice to say, his Pidgey and Squirtle got swept easily. Defeated, but not at all humbled (dang it...), Blue walked away; claiming that he had no more time to affiliate with a loser like me...

COMING FROM THE GUY WHO JUST GOT HIS BUTT WHOOPED BY THE SAME PERSON HE'S TRYING TO CALL A LOSER! ...Hypocrite...

So, after healing up at the Pokemon Center, I ventured off towards the Viridian Forest... and had to laugh. No Bug-type Pokemon managed to even bruise Ra. Ember was a one-hit killer and the strongest Pokemon out there was a Metapod or Kakuna.

To be blunt, in ten minutes at most, I had exited and was now in Pewter City. Learning there was a Gym, I realised THIS was my first chance of tasting glory... only to find they used ROCK-type Pokemon. Which... Ra was weak to... ah, dang it.

Which meant I had to train. And, after a few rounds of training, I noticed something strange... my Charmander was now glowing, growing in size and strength. When the glow died down, I felt my own ego inflate slightly as I saw that Ra the Charmander had now evolved into Ra the Charmeleon!

Let's see Brock take me down now...

POKEMON EVOLUTION:
    -->
    Ra/Charmander --> Charmeleon (Lv. 16)

With no hesitance or uncertainty, I marched straight into Pewter Gym; cursing myself a little as I noticed that Blue had gone ahead. Brock only had one apprentice, a young boy wielding a Geodude and a Sandshrew. Geodude failed to even land an attack before Charmeleon's Metal Claw raked him down and Sandshrew only Defense Curled before two Ember barrages silenced the Pokemon.

And there he was, eagerly awaiting the challenge... Brock, the Gym Leader of Pewter City.

GYM BATTLE:
    VS.

First up was his Geodude which, while clearly a higher level than his apprentice's, was taken down with two Metal Claws. And all it did was Defense Curl... shame.

Onix, on the other hand, was much more of a challenge. Rock Tombs crashed down and the Rock Snake Pokemon binded my Charmander fiercely. However, he underestimated one thing... I had Potions, Metal Claw and the advantage of his Onix having been burned. Eventually, his Rock Snake Pokemon fell; leaving me victorious and with a shiny new Boulder Badge as well as the TM Rock Tomb.

Yes, everything was going my way...

CURRENT TEAM:

Ra/Charmeleon Lv. 17
    Hold Item: None
    Rash Nature

- Scratch
    - Growl
    - Ember
    - Metal Claw

Training Tommy was a bit tedious, as I cannot STAND the routes between Fuchsia and Lavender (though I'll take that over the stretch of water routes in Hoenn any day … GOSH I hate those!), but I got him to a decent level. During the training, I also decided to make a quick detour to Cinnabar Island to capture my last team member. After a BUNCH of Koffings blowing up in my face, I finally found the one, and I named him Walter. My team was now complete!

I finished up the last of the trainers, getting Tommy to a decent level, and went over to Saffron to perhaps take my next gym challenge. However, I was met with several Team Rocket grunts flooding the city! My first though, however, was the check out the Fighting Dojo to buff up my team.

During the battles against the fighting type trainers, Tommy evolved into Tentacruel! I knew that this little side quest would be worth it. Anyway, we defeated all of the trainers, picked up a complimentary Hitmonlee, and went to Silph Co. to take down the Rockets!

The grunts were numerous, and annoying, but good training for Tommy and Walter (who also evolved!). My team and I took out every last Rocket, healed up, and started to search for a warp tile path up to Giovanni. But, unfortunately, along the way we ran into Gary! Why he wanted to delay me from saving the world as we know it I'll never know, but we just squashed him like a bug and moved forward. There was a nice man who gave me a Lapras for saving Silph, but I hadn't saved the day … at least not yet.

I finally made it to the 11th floor, where Giovanni was holding the president of Silph Co. captive in the board room. He gave me another one of his speals, challenged me to a fight, and … it was an incredibly disappointing showdown. I think he was easier to defeat than last time. Nonetheless, he and his minions disappeared, and the president thanked me for saving his company with a Master Ball.

But, I had more important things to worry about now … like how the heck was I going to defeat a Psychic-type gym leader with a bunch of Poison-types … I guess we'll find out next time.

Team:
    Victor the Venusaur, lvl 40
    Razor Leaf, Strength, Leech Seed, Poisonpowder
    Nick the Nidoking, lvl 40
    Zoey the Golbat, lvl 41
    Molly the Venomoth, lvl 41
    Psybeam, Leech Life, Gust, Stun Spore
    Tommy the Tentacruel, lvl 36
    Surf, Acid, Supersonic, Bubblebeam
    Walter the Weezing, lvl 37
    Sludge, Selfdestruct, Haze, Smokescreen

Spoiler:- Update 1:

It came down to Harmony and Sol vs Shadow Zapdos. When I was going to finish it off on the next turn after healing Espeon, it hit a critical hit with Shadow Bolt and fainted Sol while I used Harmony's Icy Wind to lower it's speed. Then on the next turn, I finished it off with Psychic!

Final Team:
    Sol the Espeon Lv48
    Rook the Claydol Lv43
    Harmony the Gardevoir Lv48
    Medicham Lv48
    Sun-Stare the Xatu Lv46
    Dusk the Lunatone Lv47
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 19th May 2012 at 8:19 AM.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I defeated Sabrina's Alakazam with Vaporeon, and then her Venomoth with Blastoise. I obtained the Marsh Badge and the TM containing the move Calm Mind after I defeated her. I headed out of the Gym after winning the badge, and I healed my Pokemon at the Saffron City Pokemon Center. I defeated that I should head straight to Cinnabar Island since I needed the Volcano Badge, so I headed toward Celadon City, and I made my way around Kanto until I reached Fuchsia City again. I stopped at the Safari Zone, but I didn't find any good Water-types there, so I bought some items at then I headed south to Route 19. I battled some trainers on the beach area, and then I used Surf. I started to encounter some wild Tentacool as I roamed the sea, but I didn't bother to capture any since I was mainly trying to get to the Seafoam Islands, as well as train my Pokemon. I saved in the water.

- Blastoise level 44
    - Gyarados level 42
    - Vaporeon level 41
    - Seaking level 38
    - Lapras level 30

Now I'm doing a Flying Monotype Challenge in Fire Red. I have 2 Badges so far.

Spoiler:- Update:

________
        Spoiler:- Update 1:

________
        Spoiler:- Update 2:

EDIT: While in the Safari Zone, I just caught a Shiny Nidorina!!! AWESOME!

_________
    Update 3:
    Got all 8 Gym Badges and now I'm going to train for the Pokemon League. Also isn't anyone going to post so I don't have to keep editing my post?

Current Team:
    Butterfree Lv46
    ~ Thief
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Gust
    ~ Psybeam
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    Nature: Modest
    Dodrio Lv46
    ~ Fly
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Fury Attack
    ~ Tri Attack
    Ability: Early Bird
    Nature: Impish
    Golbat Lv47
    ~ Confuse Ray
    ~ Air Cutter
    ~ Wing Attack
    ~ Shadow Ball
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Lonely
    Scyther Lv47
    ~ Slash
    ~ Wing Attack
    ~ Silver Wind
    ~ Swords Dance
    Ability: Swarm
    Nature: Adamant
    Aerodactyl Lv55
    ~ Wing Attack
    ~ Double-Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Rock Slide
    Ability: Rock Head
    Zapdos Lv50
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Secret Power
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Drill Peck
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Docile

I did also capture Articuno for the heck of it. I was thinking of using it instead to help out on Dragons but it seems I don't really need it. Going to catch Moltres for the heck of it too. Could use the extra training on the way to it too.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 26th May 2012 at 6:55 PM.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

I surfed south of Petalburg and made my way to Dewford Town and then surfed east and eventually arrived in Slateport. During my surfing travels Trapinch evolved into Vibrava. I went to the Trick House and completed the newest challenge and then I went to Mauville and spoke with Wattson about the generator which I went to turn off. While I was there I spent a lot of time training and evolved Marshtomp and Baltoy. I returned to Wattson when the job was done and then headed east towards Fortree City.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Unfortunately, my FireRed save file got deleted when a friend of mine 'borrowed' the game (*cough*stole*cough*) and restarted it all. So, I'm afraid my Fire-type Monotype Challenge is gone.

However, I do plan to start a new Monotype Challenge on Emerald using the Electric-type. However, editing the rules a bit, I'm probably going to trade over a Pichu. Elekid and Chinchou Egg from my Ruby Version so I don't have to wait until after the Team Aqua encounter in Slateport City.

PLANNED FINAL TEAM:

First update will come relatively soon, hopefully.

I've beaten the Elite Four and then beat my Rival Gary to become the Champion.

Hall of Fame Round 1 Team:
    Butterfree Lv48
    Dodrio Lv55
    Golbat Lv56
    Scyther Lv58
    Aerodactyl Lv56
    Zapdos Lv55

I then went all around Kanto catching random Pokemon to fill up my Pokedex since I need 60 to continue. Now I'm on the Sevii Islands to do the stuff there and also train for the Rematches with the Elite Four.

Current Team:
    Dodrio Lv55
    ~ Fly
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Drill Peck
    ~ Tri Attack
    Ability: Early Bird
    Nature: Impish
    Crobat Lv57
    ~ Confuse Ray
    ~ Fly
    ~ Poison Fang
    ~ Shadow Ball
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Lonely
    Scyther Lv60
    ~ Slash
    ~ Wing Attack
    ~ Silver Wind
    ~ Swords Dance
    Ability: Swarm
    Aerodactyl Lv56
    ~ Fly
    ~ Double-Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Rock Slide
    Ability: Rock Head
    Zapdos Lv55
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Secret Power
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Drill Peck
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Docile

Looking at the options for the final member of my team to replace Butterfree. Going to see which one would work best.

BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast