Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I used some Full Restores to heal some of my Pokemon after I defeated Agatha at the Pokemon League. However, my Pokemon were still quite underleveled, so I fed some of my Pokemon Rare Candies that I had collected to even things out a bit. I headed into Lance's room afterwards and I challenged him. I used my Vaporeon against his Gyarados, but that battle went nowhere. I switched to Slowbro and I barely managed to beat Gyarados, although Slowbro did get hit with Dragon Rage. I switched to Lapras when Lance used his first Dragonair and I defeated it with Ice Beam. I used my Lapras against his Dragonite and even with Ice Beam, the battle was still tough for Lapras. I used Blastoise against Lance's second Dragonair and that battle came down to the wire as well; Dragonair's Thunder Wave was really annoying. Finally, I used my Seaking against Aerodactyl and saved after that.

- Blastoise level 56
    - Gyarados level 54
    - Vaporeon level 52
    - Seaking level 53
    - Lapras level 55
    - Slowbro level 55

Started a new monotype challenge on Ruby and is commanding the mighty normal type! So far have picked up zigzagoon,whismur and tailow. Preparing to get sleighed by Brawly. Any other suggestions for team members in the future?
    I recommend you to get a Slakoth to raise into a Slaking. Because they are deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Murderer View Post
    Started a new monotype challenge on Ruby and is commanding the mighty normal type! So far have picked up zigzagoon,whismur and tailow. Preparing to get sleighed by Brawly. Any other suggestions for team members in the future?
    Zangoose is a no-brainer. Very early Swords Dance, a good movepool, and above average stats. Doesn't hurt that he's an awesome Ruby exclusive. Go with something like Swords Dance / Return / Brick Break / Shadow Ball. Also, consider Girafarig for some type diversity. You can also switch out Zigzagoon/Whismur later with a Duodrio if you're still pressured by fighting types. Top it off with the Slaking suggested earlier, and you'll have yourself a very good Mono team.
    Last edited by Monochromatic; 31st March 2013 at 11:50 PM.

I'm planning on doing a grass type run for Pokemon Emerald. I will choose Treeko as my starter which I will use throughout, but I'm having trouble choosing any team members.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Chandelurefan1 View Post
    I'm planning on doing a grass type run for Pokemon Emerald. I will choose Treeko as my starter which I will use throughout, but I'm having trouble choosing any team members.

Any suggestions?
    You should definitely consider Ludicolo and Cradily as they help counter the weakness to Fire.Breloom,Shiftry and Cacturne are fine and maybe Vileplume.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

i actually agree with all the choices besides Shiftry and Vileplume due to small movepool compared to the modern games. I'm considering getting a Tropius to utilise the HM Fly as well as it having reasonable bulk.

Team:
    Sceptile
    Ludicolo
    Cradily
    Breloom
    Cacturne
    Tropius

Thanks for assistance.
    Last edited by Chandelurefan1; 1st April 2013 at 3:58 PM.

Instead of the Fire Monotype I considered for FireRed, I instead chose a Poison Monotype due to my sudden transformation into a Nidoking fangirl. Restarting the game, I named my trainer Venom in honour of the challenge, and my rival Psychos, seeing as Psychic is SE against Poison. I started up the game and went to get my starter. Immediately, remembering that it was part Poison, I went for Bulbasaur, which was, amazingly, female. After this, I went down, only to find Psychos pursuing me with his Charmander. Sending out the newly-nicknamed Vash, I started to Tackle endlessly against the Charmander, who spammed Growl. However, Vash's final attack missed, and having been weakened before, was taken down by Charmander. I was annoyed that I would lose out on EXP Points, but I knew I could handle well enough without them.

Leaving to go to Route 1, I spent as little time in the grass as possible. I encountered one Pidgey, but I took it down easily and went to Viridian City. Collecting Oak's Parcel, I delivered it, got the Pokedex and five Pokeballs, collected the Town Map, and returned to Viridian. Even though I knew I could fight my rival again, I decided to skip it, as I could not use a Pidgey as backup, and went to the Forest. The first Pokemon I encountered, much to my fortune, was a Weedle, and I caught it easily- at this point, Twist joined the team.

With Vash and Twist, I returned to Route one and began training to level 7. Twist, as a level 3 Weedle, proved hard to train, but eventually, he leveled up to a level 7 Kakuna. Vash, on the other hand, was level 8 due to overlevelling. Viridian Forest allowed me to train both Vash and Twist to level 10, allowing Twist to evolve into a Beedrill. After this, with Vash as a level 11, I faced Brock. He was destroyed easily by Vine Whip. It was at this point that I saved and quit.

Team so far:

Vash, level 13
    Twist, level 11

To come:

Niru
    Keeka
    Vitticepa
    Launis
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 6th April 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Earth Wolf-Howl

Have you thought of getting a Koffing since they can act as last resort with moves like Self Destruct and Explosion.

Nidoking and Nidoqueen learn all the same moves, but most of them are offensive. Nidoking is the offensive member of the team, so why don't you replace the idea of getting Nidoran female for a Koffing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandelurefan1 View Post
    Earth Wolf-Howl

Have you thought of getting a Koffing since they can act as last resort with moves like Self Destruct and Explosion.

Nidoking and Nidoqueen learn all the same moves, but most of them are offensive. Nidoking is the offensive member of the team, so why don't you replace the idea of getting Nidoran female for a Koffing.
    To be honest, Koffing's not really my kind of Pokemon. For this run, I decided to do my usual- go with Pokemon I like. I've never used a Nidoqueen before, plus Nidoking's one of my favourite Pokemon, so I decided to use both.

Plus I already have a Nidorina.

Anyway, upon loading the game again, I swept through Route 3, evading some trainers for the two new members of my team. I immediately ran to the grass, finding a male Nidoran immediately and catching it. Out of honour of a character I once used for a story, I nicknamed it 'Niru'. The female Nidoran, Keeka, took longer to find, but I caught it, nicknamed it and put her on my team. Unfortunately... I had accidentally nicknamed my female Nidoran as it's original nickname, Keesha. I plan to change it as soon as I get to Lavender Town, and I plan to change it to Kisha, which looks FAR better.

With Niru and Keesha both on my team, I retraced my steps and fought the trainers among Route 3, training both to level 13- the same level as Twist (Beedrill) at the moment. After this, I moved on to Mt Moon, grinding Vash, Twist, Niru and Keesha on wild Zubats up to level 15. It didn't take long, and after healing, progressed into Mt Moon. Trainers easily fell beneath my venomous onslaught, with Niru and Keesha's Double Kicks destroying Rock and Steel Types, Vash's newly-learnt Sleep Powder allowing me to spam Vine Whip on Voltorbs, and Twist's Fury Attack taking care of the rest. By the time I picked up a Moon Stone, all of my team were level 16. Vash was now an Ivysaur, Niru had become a Nidorino, and Keesha was now a Nidorina. I have decided to evolve Niru at level 22, allowing him to learn Horn Attack and letting him learn Megahorn as a Nidoking. Unfortunately, Crunch is part of Keesha's final moveset, so I can only evolve her at level 53. I could deal with Bite, but I'm undecided so far. At the point at which the fossils were chosen, I took the Helix Fossil to add to my SoulSilver Pokedex.

Finally, I exited the cave. Ignoring the Mega Fighters, I ran straight to the grass, hunting for the next member of my team. The Ekans showed itself before long, and as such, I caught her. The Ekans ws nicknamed Vitticepa after another character, and I started to train her after healing in Cerulean.

Team so far:

Vash, level 18
    Twist, level 17
    Niru, level 17
    Keesha/Kisha, level 17
    Vitticepa, level 10

To come:

Launis
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 8th April 2013 at 6:19 PM.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

I have claimed Pyroar!

I healed my Pokemon again after I defeated Lance and I headed over to the last room where the Champion of the Pokemon League was waiting. It turned out to be my rival and I battled him. I used Lapras against his Pidgeot, and I hit it with Blizzard. It was a critical hit and Pidgeot fainted. I then used my Slowbro against his Gyarados, but that didn't go too well. I had to use Blastoise instead and I barely defeated Gyarados. I used Vaporeon against Alakazam after that and I barely won with some Bite and Surf attacks. Beating my rival's Venusaur was the toughest part though. It defeated Lapras after it used Ice Beam and survived, so I used Gyarados. After what seemed like an eternity, I defeated Venusaur. I used my Seaking against my rival's Arcanine, then I used Blastoise against Rhydon and I defeated it with Surf attack. I spoke with Oak afterwards and got registered in the Hall of Fame.

- Blastoise level 57
    - Gyarados level 55
    - Vaporeon level 53
    - Seaking level 53
    - Lapras level 56
    - Slowbro level 55

At long last, after nearly a month, Vitticepa (Ekans) has finished training, although I dropped the original in favour of one that was level 12 due to VitticepA being nearly untrainable. VitticepB (Don't worry, she's not called that, it's still Vitticepa) had already proved herself worthy, learning Bite before long and generally destroying all wild Pokemon in her path. Even though it sounds stupid, Vitticepa will run Bite in her final moveset, and would also know Rock Slide if I hadn't already taught it to Niru (Nidorino/king). Whoops.

Finally finishing training and with all of my Pokemon level 17 except Vash (Ivysaur), who was level 18, I healed for a final time and went north to fight Psychos (my rival). I lead off with Niru, who had not evolved yet, and started to Double Kick and Peck the Pidgeotto to its doom. Abra was sent out next, to which I replied with Vitticepa. It only took a few Bites to fell it, it making a desperate attempt to Teleport away as it did so. Kisha (Nidorina) returned to take out his Rattata within a matter of seconds, and finally, Charmeleon was sent out. As a risk, I sent out the ever-useful Vash (Ivysaur) and entered with a Sleep Powder. Fortunately, it hit, and his Charmeleon was left a sitting duck as Vash Tackled it to its demise. As a running joke and as an homage to the song I listened to while training, I decided to listen to the final boss theme of the e-Shop game Liberation Maiden for every boss. It actually works quite well.

Stopping to heal once more after this battle, I started to ascend the dreaded Nugget Bridge. Though, yes, I was sufficiently powerful, my strongest Pokemon, Vash, was the same level as the fifth member. It took a short time, while raising each Pokemon to level 20 as I did so, but I finally reached the Team Rocket member right at the end and destroyed him easily. I went up to Bill's house, fighting trainers on the way, to get the SS Anne Ticket.

Instead of going for Misty now, however, I decided to skip her for now and ran down to Vermillion in order to go there. I trained through each room, taking items and training my entire team to level 23 as I did so. Vitticepa, despite being a Pokemon with low stats, has proved sufficiently useful so far, becoming one of the best members of my team when she learnt Glare. Twist (Beedrill), too, has proved surprisingly useful with Brick Break. Soon, at a remarkable level of 23, I faced Psychos once more.

I lead off with my newly-evolved Parflinch Arbok, Vitticepa, against his Pidgeotto. I started off with Glare, paralyzing the Pidgeotto and letting Vitticepa Bite it to its demise. It never got a chance to move. Unfortunately, I left her in against the Kadabra, and after a tough effort of Glaring and Biting, Vitticepa was finally KO'd with Confusion, and I was left to sent Twist- ready with Thief- out to fight now. He took down the Kadabra easily, and with Raticate being sent out, Niru was sent out in response. I completely owned it with Double Kick, and sent out Kisha this time to take down Charmeleon. It stood no chance, being Bitten, Scratched and Double Kicked to its doom.

After getting Cut and watching the SS Anne sail off, I returned to Cerulean to face Misty.

29/04 update: Well, seeing as my memory is epic fail, I can't remember the battle with Lt Surge aside from the fact that Vitticepa destroyed him, I must skip. As such, I'll go from the legendary Lavender Town.

Upon arrival, I made a beeline straight for Pokemon Tower, seeking the opportunity to train further with my team. Once more moaning to myself about the lack of the ability to use my Running Shoes inside the tower, I took the long, arduous trek to where Psychos stood, watching a wall. Saving before him and starting the music, with Vash leading the battle, I went for the strike.

Psychos opened up with Pidgeotto once more, and in a desperate attack, I threw out a Sleep Powder, which set the annoying thing down into a weakened state. Thankfully, for the moment I still knew Tackle, which took down the beast quickly. He sent out his Kadabra, and I deperately tossed out Vitticepa, who knew Bite. However, the Kadabra's last act to take her down was with a critical confusing, leading me to send out Twist in Revenge. His weak Thief was enough to finish the Kadabra, and finally, Exeggcute was released. Twist remained out on the field, capable of taking it down with Aerial Ace, which left the pile of eggs as a mere shell of its former glory.

The two hardest members to destroy were oncoming, but thankfully, Niru is suitably equipped to take down both of them. Psychos sent out his flaming lizard Charmeleon first. As I taught Niru Rock Slide in Rock Tunnel, just one of these was enough to destroy it. The second threat was his deadly leviathan Gyarados. Now, I did not regret teaching him Shock Wave. A simple attack left it reeling, to be finished by Double Kick.

Though I was laughing maniacally after this simple battle, I followed Psychos out of the tower and wandered on to Celadon, training on the way. My first destination was to the Game Corner- the sooner I could get a Gastly on my team, the better! I gazed longingly at the pool on my way past, knowing that Grimer resides in there, but forced myself to go in. There, I easily defeated the Rocket Grunt standing before the poster, and entered the basement. I have no idea how to describe it, so... skip to Giovanni.

Finally reaching Giovanni with my entire team at level 30 and Vash leading the team, I saved before him and started the fight. He lead off with his Onix, which Vash took down easily with a small Razor Leaf. His Rhyhorn suffered the same fate. Too soon for my liking, I was at his strongest Pokemon, Kangaskahn, and as a risk, as he knows Brick Break, I tossed out Twist against her. The swift Beedrill managed to outspeed the beast- guess training against Rattatas and Pidgeys in the early game was worth it- and struck with a powerful Brick Break. To my alarm, the Kanga repeatedly used Tail Whip in between Mega Punches- which thankfully missed- weakening Twist more and more as I Brick Breaked against it. Finally, it dared to use Bite, but only dealt 11 HP each time. Twist was left with 33 HP remaining as it fell.

I was pleased by this- at last, I could get the newest addition to my team! Returning to Lavender Town gleefully, I returned to Pokemon Tower and caught myself a level 15 Gastly with, to my delight, a Mild nature, and as such, started to EV train it in Speed. Before long, and about 46 Digletts in, he evolved into Haunter, allowing the useless Lick to be replaced by the useful Shadow Punch. I saved and quit in Diglett's Tunnel, having defeated 69 Digletts and 3 Dugtrios.

Team:
    Vash, level 31 (Unknown EVs- mainly Speed, however.)
    Twist, level 30 (Unknown EVs- like Vash, mainly Speed.)
    Niru, level 30 (Unknown EVs)
    Vitticepa, level 30 (Unknown EVs)
    Veil, level 26 (75 EVs in Speed)

To come:
    Launis

Former team members:

Kisha, level 25 (became too hard to use)
    Last edited by Earth Wolf-Howl; 29th April 2013 at 9:07 PM.

I have claimed Pyroar!

Hey guys, Seeing as how there isn't a 3rd Gen Scramble challenge thread, i'm asking now for duo Scramble/Monotype for my FireRed. so please, the first person offers two types of which i will choose from. i won't accept water or grass, as i've done those before. i'm looking for something unique, but not too easy. anybody can offer up to two different pokemon of the type i have chosen, but i will only take one. if given fire or not, i won't be using a starter. last thing, i won't be taking any evolution restrictions. thanks!
    Steel types will Take over the World.

My Steel Team:
    *Metagross
    *Scizor
    *Bisharp
    *Magnezone
    *Lucario
    *Aggron

My Dragon Team:
    *Dragonite
    *Kingdra
    *Garchomp
    *Altaria
    *Hydreigon
    *Flygon

My Mix/Competition Team:
    *Magnezone
    *Volcarona
    *Poliwrath
    *Dragonite
    *Metagross
    *Froslass

After finishing all the Pokemon League stuff, I awoke in my room in Pallet Town. I headed downstairs and then I wandered over to Professor Oak's lab. My rival was there and Oak wanted to upgrade our Pokedexes. Once we got our National Pokedexes, me and my rival headed out. I flew over to Celadon City and I did some shopping, then I headed south to Vermilion City and I headed to the harbor. I took the Seagallop ferry to One Island and I visited the local Pokemon Center. Celio was inside and he wanted my help to fix his network machine thing so that it would be possible to trade Pokemon between Kanto and Hoenn. I headed out to Kindle Road and I battled some trainers using the VS Seeker and I also visited the Ember Spa while I was there. I eventually headed inside of Mt. Ember and I battled some Pokemon. I eventually obtained the Ruby and I saved the game outside.

- Blastoise level 58
    - Gyarados level 55
    - Vaporeon level 54
    - Seaking level 54
    - Lapras level 56
    - Slowbro level 55

So I've started a Grass monotype run on my Sapphire for pretty much no reason at all, though looking through the thread a bit, it seems others have had the same idea as me. This is actually my first monotype run, but I think I've got an idea on how I'm going to handle it.

Right now I've just beaten Roxanne, which I don't think I need to go into detail about. Team is
    Grassassin
    Bacchus
    Toadette

all at Lv. 15. I gave Cut to Grassassin, which I regretted about ten seconds afterward (fun fact: Hoenn is the only region in which the HM01 is entirely optional), but I think I'll probably be able to deal with it. I'm thinking I'll pick up the Root Fossil, get Lileep/Cradily ("BruteRoot"), and run with a four-man party, with maybe another Lombre and a Tropius as HM slaves (yes, they must be Grass-type too). Of the other Hoenn Grass-types, none of the others seem necessary: Vileplume is just Poison STAB, Bellossom is entirely redundant, Roselia is frail Vileplume that can take Shadow Ball, and Cacturne is pointless when Tate and Liza are half Rock anyway and Phoebe isn't likely particularly overwhelming, besides being slow, frail, and possessing meh STAB moves (Faint Attack and Needle Arm). With Shiftry unavailable, I'll go four 'mons to make the most of the Exp. while still having the type diversity to take on the Gyms.

I'd like some advice, though. Should I dump Rock Tomb on Grassassin, or save it for BruteRoot? Dumping it now means Grassassin gets a decent move and it'll probably help me push through Flannery more easily, but I might be able to manage by relying on Bacchus. On the other hand, saving it for BruteRoot means BruteRoot gets a good STAB move as well as putting a good Rock move on the team, but it won't help me for Flannery, and BruteRoot will probably get Earthquake and Giga Drain anyway.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 24th May 2013 at 8:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'd like some advice, though. Should I dump Rock Tomb on Grassassin, or save it for BruteRoot? Dumping it now means Grassassin gets a decent move and it'll probably help me push through Flannery more easily, but I might be able to manage by relying on Bacchus. On the other hand, saving it for BruteRoot means BruteRoot gets a good STAB move as well as putting a good Rock move on the team, but it won't help me for Flannery, and BruteRoot will probably get Earthquake and Giga Drain anyway.
    I'm trying to think back to my own Grass monotype run, and I believe I just ran Ancientpower for Rock STAB on Cradily, and since it will likely get Earthquake and Giga Drain, I doubt it will need Rock Tomb very much. That, and since Lombre learns NO water moves until Hydro Pump at lv. 49, you should definitely teach Treecko Rock Tomb as soon as possible.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I'm trying to think back to my own Grass monotype run, and I believe I just ran Ancientpower for Rock STAB on Cradily, and since it will likely get Earthquake and Giga Drain, I doubt it will need Rock Tomb very much. That, and since Lombre learns NO water moves until Hydro Pump at lv. 49, you should definitely teach Treecko Rock Tomb as soon as possible.
    Lombre gets to pick up the Surf HM right after Norman, though, and AncientPower only has 5 PP. Thing is, Lileep's level-up movepool is kind of crap, with no STAB until AncientPower and its best move being Acid. Actually kind of a moot point now, though, since I already gave BruteRoot Rock Tomb, and I've already beaten Flannery.

I'm up to the part where I'm supposed to go to Seafloor Cavern now. Quickie review of boss fights, for anyone who cares:

Spoiler:- Boss Fight Rundown:

I'll edit the post with more later.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Lombre gets to pick up the Surf HM right after Norman, though, and AncientPower only has 5 PP. Thing is, Lileep's level-up movepool is kind of crap, with no STAB until AncientPower and its best move being Acid. Actually kind of a moot point now, though, since I already gave BruteRoot Rock Tomb, and I've already beaten Flannery.
    Ah, so you've long beaten Flannery, then. Looks like that was wasted advice. I know Lombre has Surf access, but I figured that what you would have at Flannery was more important at the time. I just assumed that Flannery would be a pain without Rock Tomb, but looks like you got that handled well. Oh, and after fighting my Grass monotype (which sits in a Secret Base team), looks like I was wrong. Cradily had Rock Tomb after all.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

For whatever reason, though, it turns out that Lileep can't use the TM39 in Gen III (though Cradily can, and Lileep can use it in other generations, which makes it all the more arrrghwtf), so I ended up giving it Bullet Seed to hurt stuff. Even then, though, it relied pretty much entirely on Exp. Share until around 35, partially because it was underleveled, but partially because unevolved Lileep flat-out sucks.

In terms of progress, I've cleared out everything in the ocean, and I'm currently saved before the Archie fight. I finally evolved Bacchus using the Water Stone found in the Abandoned Ship, and yes, BruteRoot is contributing now that he's evolved.

Here's the team right now:

Spoiler:- Team Progress:
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 27th May 2013 at 3:33 AM.

After I obtained the Ruby key item at Mt. Ember, I headed out of the cavern and I flew over to One Island again. I gave the Ruby to Celio at the Pokemon Center there, and he gave me the Rainbow Pass thing that would allow me to visit the other Sevii Islands. I headed to the port and I took the Seagallop ferry to Four Island. Once I had arrived I visited the places of interest around town including the Day Care Center and Lorelei's house. I bought some items at the local Poke Mart and after healing my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, I headed over to Icefall Cave since Team Rocket had been spotted there. I entered the icy cave and I encountered a wild Dewgong near the entrance. I decided to capture it for my team, and I headed out to the Pokemon Center to swap Pokemon. I returned to the cave and I Surfed a bit and I arrived at a new area. I battled more wild Pokemon and saved.

- Blastoise level 58
    - Gyarados level 55
    - Vaporeon level 55
    - Lapras level 56
    - Slowbro level 55
    - Dewgong level 53

Im going to be taking a monotype challenge on Leafgreen, here is my challenge of the Water Monotype.
    Blastoise-(Cryo)
    Golduck-(Kappa)
    Starmie-(5-star)
    Poliwhirl/Poliwrath-(Puncher)
    Gyarados-(Basalisk)
    Lapras-(Slo Joe)

I will update every 2nd or 3rd gym maybe every gym. Dunno itll be a surprise

i will do a challenge on Sapphire of the flying type. with these pokemon
    1.Altaria
    2.Skarmory
    3.Dodrio
    4.Swellow
    5.Crobat
    6.Salamence

same as leafgreen i will update randomly after every gym most likely
    Last edited by celebimasters_93; 21st June 2013 at 6:25 PM.

pikachu

is

claimed

Hello there all I am new in here ... and I'll do my water challenge.

I'll be playing Leaf Green version with Water types. This is my first time doing such a challenge, I hope it will end up well

If someone can give me couple of pokemons to use that would be nice, probabbly will use an HM slave (nidoking) cause i really like him
    I wont use any nicknames cause I am bad with nicknames, doing this challenge cause I miss couple of pokemon from leaf green to finish my kanto pokedex on my fire red

I plan to use
    - Blastoise (starter)
    - Starmie
    - Lapras
    - Vaporeon
    - Kingler
    -
    Last edited by Dvopek; 27th June 2013 at 8:17 PM.

I continued to wander around Icefall Cave until I arrived at the end and I met up with Lorelei there. She asked for my assistance and I battled against a Team Rocket grunt. I beat him easily and he and the other Team Rocket grunts left Icefall Cave. I returned to Four Island and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center afterwards. I headed to the port and I boarded the Seagallop ferry once again. I made my way to Five Island this time, but there wasn't much to do on the main island. I headed north towards the Water Labyrinth instead and I Surfed until I reached my destination: Resort Gorgeous. I battled some trainers once I had arrived at Resort Gorgeous and I headed over to Lost Cave after that in order to find Selphy there. I wandered around for a while, battling wild Pokemon like Haunter and I eventually found her. I battled against her and then she returned to the resort. I saved.

- Blastoise level 58
    - Gyarados level 55
    - Vaporeon level 56
    - Lapras level 56
    - Slowbro level 55
    - Dewgong level 54

I started off in my house in Pallet town and went to professor Oak and took Squirtle which Professor gave me and fought my rival won that battle and went on my journey on my way to Viridan City. When I got in Viridan City went in poke market and shopkeeper gave me OAK'S PARCEL and I had to deliver it to Professor Oak. I went back to Pallet Town healed there and delivered OAK'S PARCEL to Professor Oak and then rival came and Professor Oak gave us POKEDEX and some Pokeballs went to see Gary's sister Daisy to give me a world map after that headed back to Viridian City ... battled couple of pokemons for more exp for my Squirtle and will take on my rival got my Squirtle from 8 level to 13 and won that fight fairly easy and took my way to Pweter City while in Viridian Forest fought all the pokemon trainers and got my Squirtle on lvl 16 and it evolved into Wartortle just before fight with Brock won against brock easy cause of super effectiveness got new boots from one of Professor Oak's aides went to pokemon center, healed and saved the game

- Wartortle level 16

THIS SAVE GOT CORRUPTED AND CANNOT LOAD IT ANYMORE, I WONT DO THIS SERIES AGAIN!

WILL DO THIS SERIES BUT WONT POST ANYMORE IN HERE, ONLY THE FINAL RESULTS
    Last edited by Dvopek; 2nd July 2013 at 6:22 PM.

Loaded from my last save spot in Pewter City. Bought some items in market and headed to Route 4 Pokemon Center in front of entrance of Mt. Moon battled all the trainers on way to Pokemon center, and bought Magikarp from a guy in Pokemon Center now will try to get some levels on Magikarp finally got throguh Mt. Moon and got my Magikarp from lvl 5 to 12, couple of more levels and he is Gyarados my Wartortle got lvl 23 and took Dome fossil cause I need Kabuto and Kabutops for my Fire Red pokemon pokedex got in Cerulean City and healed there and went to battle my rival with only 1 pokemon ... and won it, used all the Potions (7) took on the Goldenbridge challenge won the Gold Nugget sold it asap went up to see Bill in CERULEAN's cape battled all the pokemon trainers there and talked to Bill he gave me S.S. Ticket after I helped him. On my way to Vermilion City fought against Team Rocket Grunt and got TM Dig battled some trainers, instantly went to get Bike Voucher and saved there.

- Wartortle level 28

- Magikarp level 16

THIS SAVE GOT CORRUPTED AND CANNOT LOAD IT ANYMORE, I WONT DO THIS SERIES AGAIN!

WILL DO THIS SERIES BUT WONT POST ANYMORE IN HERE, ONLY THE FINAL RESULTS
    Last edited by Dvopek; 2nd July 2013 at 6:22 PM.

The last month and a half have been pretty hectic, and I basically forgot I was doing this.

Anywho, picked it up again, went to Sootopolis, and beat the crap out of things there.

Spoiler:- Boss Fights:

Taught Waterfall to Natural using the HM07, then saved after Wallace. I'll try to finish the run in the next two days, hopefully.

Spoiler:- Team Progress:

EDIT: >Mini-Update<

Cleared out Victory Road and Wally. At this point, I'm going to take some time to start prepping for the League - buying up healing items, distributing stat-boosters and such, and updating movesets with TMs. Team is hovering around 47-48, but I've saved my Rare Candies, so I should be able to take on the League three/four levels higher than that. BruteRoot will get Giga Drain and Earthquake, other interesting stuff'll go to Grassassin.

Spoiler:- Wally Fight:
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 15th July 2013 at 5:42 AM.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast