Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I left Celadon City and I trained my Vaporeon in the tall grass on Route 7. I managed to level it up there, and then I returned to the Celadon City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I headed over to the Celadon City Game Corner once that was done, and I entered the Team Rocket Hideout since I had to get the Silph Scope from there. I battled some Team Rocket grunts as I wandered around, and I also collected some items that were scattered on the ground. I found the Lift Key that unlocked the elevator there, and I entered Giovanni's room. I challenged him to a battle, and he sent out his Onix. I used my Wartortle against it, and I won with Water Gun. I used my Vaporeon against his Kangaskhan, and I managed to defeat it with a few Quick Attacks. I used Gyarados against his Rhyhorn, and I defeated it with Dragon Rage.

- Wartortle level 33
    - Gyarados level 31
    - Vaporeon level 29

Game: FireRed
    Type: Water

I started my adventure and decided that Squirtle was my best option. After easily defeating Gary, I wandered up to Viridian City, got Oak's Parcel and went back to see him. When I returned, Gary showed up and Prof. Oak gave us both a Pokedex. On my way back to Viridian City, a Pidgey got a critical hit and knocked out Squirtle while I was training. However, I found a Shiny Pidgey while training the second time around and I decided to catch it as a Flying HM slave, or maybe just a trophy-like ever-so-coveted shiny Pokemon.

Current Team:
    L9 Squirtle (Wake)
    Torrent [Hasty]
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip
    -Bubble
        Spoiler:- FireRed Monotype Challenge (Water):
        Spoiler:- Platinum Monotype Challenge (Grass):

I finally got over my fear of challenging Lance and took him on. I sacrificed Butterfree to his Gyarados and had my Aerodactyl knock it out with a few Rock Slide's. Gyarados went up against his Aerodactyl and fell to a critical hit Ancient Power but my Aerodactyl also scored a critical hit to defeat his Pokemon. He used his two Dragonair's next and Dragonite managed to sweep both. Aerodactyl beat his Dragonite and I finally became champion, or so I thought.

It turns out that my rival was the actual champion and that in order to be the champion I had to beat him. Aerodactyl beat his Pidgeot easily and then I had Dragonite go out against his Blastoise. He ended up switching out to Rhydon so I switched out to Gyarados and beat it with Surf. His Alakazam was defeated by my Dragonite and then he used Exeggutor. Charizard went out but it got a critical hit Egg Bomb so Farfetch'd finished it off with Fly. Gyarados beat his Arcanine and then Dragonite took out Blastoise. Professor Oak showed up as I became the champion of Kanto!

Final Team

I'll probably continue on in this game but I'll post about it in the Recent Happenings Thread if I do. Good luck to all the other monotypes!!!
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Congrats Drummerdude :3

Let's see, I haven't played much last time, but I did quite a bit since my last post here

Well, to be honest I forgot -.-' but here goes:

I evolved Cosmic into a Claydoll on the sea, and after that, I went for Fortree and my next badge. When I crossed the sea next to Mauvile, I battled the trainers there. They didn't prove a real match, and I quickly defeated them. I trained all my Pokemon here, and after I defeated Team Aqua at the weather institute, I battled May. She was easily down, certainly with the high level's of my current team, everyone is level 40 now. Then I entered Fortree, I healed my Pokemon, and then I talked to Steven outside Fortree. He gave me the devon scope, so that I could challenge Winona. However, I decided to train Flame first, and so I ventured to Lilicove city. When I almost were there, Flame evolved into Flygon. I couldn't catch any pokemon in the Safari Zone yet, so I went back to Fortree. I entered the gym there, and I saved.

Current Team

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

I defeated Giovanni at the Team Rocket Hideout below the Celadon City Game Corner. I picked up the Silph Scope after that, and I left the hideout. I headed over to the Celadon City Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon inside. I then wandered over to the Celadon City Gym to challenge Erika. I had to battle against the various Gym trainers inside before I could challenge her, though. I defeated them all eventually and I healed my Pokemon once more before returning to the Gym. Once I was back, I battled Erika. She sent out her Victreebel and I used my Wartortle. I attacked it with Bite and then with Rapid Spin and I defeated it before it used a strong move. I used my Vaporeon against Erika's Tangela, but it was injured by its Giga Drain attack, so I switched out to Gyarados. Gyarados managed to defeat Tangela with Dragon Rage.

- Wartortle level 34
    - Gyarados level 32
    - Vaporeon level 30

Im going to start a mono water on pokemon fire red OMEGA . Omega is a hack where you can catch all pokemon up to 3rd gen. Ill update later.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/zvtsna.gif[/IMG] made by Guitarzandbulletz

Doing a Water monotype on Emerald, just cleared Aqua hideout with this team:

Huck the Swampert
    Leroy the Gyarados
    Ood the Tentacruel
    Jaws the Sharpedo

Will add Lanturn and Starmie to that team when I can get them. Suffice to say I have put in a ton of planning for choosing a type.

Also doing a Poison monotype in Firered, currently at Fuscia gym. My team is as follows:

Venasaur
    Haunter
    Nidoking
    Golbat
    Arbok

Will add tentacool.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

After I defeated Erika's Tangela, I had to face off against her Vileplume. It used Giga Drain on my Wartortle, so I had to switch out to Gyarados. Gyarados managed to defeat it with Bite, and then I defeated Erika. I obtained the Rainbow Badge and the TM containing the move Giga Drain from her after that, and I left the Celadon City Gym. I healed my Pokemon at the Celadon City Pokemon Center and then I went shopping at the Celadon City Department Store again in order to stock up on important items for the next part of my journey. I played the slots at the Celadon City Game Corner, and then I set off to Lavender Town. I took a shortcut through Saffron City, and then I arrived at the route just east of Lavender Town. I battled some of the trainers in the area again using the VS Seeker, and then I arrived in Lavender Town.

- Wartortle level 34
    - Gyarados level 33
    - Vaporeon level 31

Might as well start a Fire Red Monotype run. Grass Type. I plan on using:
    Venusaur
    Vileplume
    Parasect
    Tangela
    Pidgey (Hm Slave)
    Psyduck (Hm Slave)

It will be a nice challenge, since the actual game is quite easy. The most challenging part will be Blaine's Gym, Sabrina's Gym and Agatha of the E4.

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

I healed my Pokemon at the Lavender Town Pokemon Center and then I went back to the Pokemon Tower since I needed to reach the top in order to talk to Mr. Fuji. I arrived at the third floor and I encountered another ghost, only this time I was able to identify it thanks to the Silph Scope. I defeated the Gastly in battle and then I started to battle against the Channelers on the other floors. I had a tough time against one of their Haunters, and I had to heal my Pokemon again before returning. I eventually reached the second-to-last floor and I had to battle against the ghost of Cubone's mother. I defeated that Marowak with Vaporeon and then I arrived at the top of the Pokemon Tower. I battled against the Team Rocket grunts there and then I left the tower with Mr. Fuji. We arrived at his house, and he gave me the PokeFlute.

- Wartortle level 35
    - Gyarados level 34
    - Vaporeon level 32

Im going to do a Ghost mono on Sapphire

Planned team

Joker

Byakua

Hahaha

Centaur

u should put gengar into your team

Quote Originally Posted by Doxik View Post
    u should put gengar into your team
    agreed, if he can trade. Which can be kinda hard with a GBA game. And can you catch Ghastly in Sapphire? I thought you couldn't. But perhaps you should consider putting a pokemon twice in your team but with a different moveset. In the end it can be much more useful :3

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

nope 4 pokes thats it and i cant trade so whats the point

Finished my Ground Monotype of Ruby with:

Muddy the Swampert
    TerraLord the Groudon
    Begone the Flygon
    Rocky the Graveler
    Heat the Camerupt

I have claimed Cloyster!!!

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Currently working on a Grass mono-type on Emerald, just fought May on my way to Mauville City.

- Lv 21
    - Lv 20
    - Lv 21
    - Lv 19

grass monotype
    I just bothered to beat the elite 4 in my LG today, here are the pokemon after beating the elites and their levels, a bit overtrained, haha.

lv 65 "Saurous" , Sassy
    Razor Leaf, Earthquake, Leech Seed, Synthesis

lv 62 "Parston Adamant
    Slash, Spore, Aerial Ace, Aromatherapy

lv 62 "Gustae" Modest, Miracle Seed
    Psychic, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Skill Swap

lv 62 "Brellor" Adamant
    Double-Edge, Hyper Beam, Acid, Stun Spore

lv 61 Timid, Quick Claw
    Toxic, Double Team, Substitute, Giga Drain

Now summary of elite battle:
    If you want a VISUAL version, you can find it on the internet you have clues above to figure out the search term^

Lorelei:
    -basically VENUSAUR sweeps the team with mainly razor leaf.
    -used leech seed on LAPRAS since the ice beam is annoying, healed a lot with synthesis or pot on this one.
    -defeat JYNX with earthquake and razor leaf combined

Bruno:
    -Venusaur again, uses razor leaf to clear out the two Onix
    -Parasect mainly Spore+Slash+ Aerial Ace and clear out the other fighting type
    -since Parasect has like, the worst defense in my team, it died one time due to the Parasect use Aerial Ace first and got HITMONCHAN hp to red, BUT it used COUNTER and it died, LOLZ
    -so Victrebel was used called in while i revive parasect again to spore/slash/aerial ace

Agatha:
    -pretty much Exeggutor sweep most of the team with Psychic
    -Venusaur used Earthquake on Arbok, just because
    -I attempted to use Parasect on Golbat, but Parasect is also slow to that thing, so it got attacked by air cutter until it faints (like twice), then I just sweep it with Victreebel's Double-Edge

Lance:
    -he is quite hard the most of all...
    -Venusaur Razor Leaf and Leech Seed Gyarados until Lance pot it once, then switch to Dragonite
    -then I switch to Exeggutor, set up Sunny Day, heal a few times because Dragonite is using Outrage and Wing Attack A LOT. Then whenever I have loads of hp I squeezed about 3 Psychic and got the Dragonite's hp to red.... and then it was confused and hurt it self just as I was switching to Victreebel
    -Aerodactyl came out, I switch to Venusaur, Razor Leaf/heal myself until Aerodactyl's hp to red, and Venusaur fainted so I send out Victreebel and beat it with Acid
    -Gyarados returned. between getting hit by Hyper Beams, I managed to revive Venusaur and used Stun Spore and 1 Hyper Beam from Victreebel to get Gyarados to red hp. then Victreebel fainted so I finish with Parasect's Slash
    -the two Dragonairs are easy for Parasect because they are slower than Parasect. I managed to land a few Spore and hit them with Slash. Parasect got paralyzed by a thunderwave, but managed to Slash both Dragonair to faint.

Champion:
    -a mix of Venusaur and Victreebel defeats Pidgeot. Razor Leaf, Leech Seed, switch out, Hyper Beam
    -Venusaur beats Alakazam with 3 Earthquake (Alakazam used Future Sight, it failed)
    -Charizard came on, probably the toughest pokemon out of his team (type advantage and hits high and fast)
    -Venusaur faints before even a chance to land Leech Seed, Victreebel miss a stun spore but hyper beams to red. Charizard heals, and fire blast out of Parasect, Venusaur came back, landed a Leech Seed. Charizard for some reason start using Slash and Wing Attack which haven't completely faint my pokemon... then Tangela come out with Toxic, tried to switch back to Victreebel to finish it with acid, but wing attack'd. Tangela comes back and just watch it faint from toxic and leech seed
    -Tangela one hit Rhydon with Giga Drain
    -Tangela used Toxic on champion's Exeggutor, but the tangela sleeps with sleep powder. Parasect used Aerial Ace to dish out most hp, then Exeggutor faints from toxic
    -Gyarados come back AGAIN, the third time(?)
    -Parasects use Aromatherapy to heal Tangela and switch out. Tangela Double Teams and still getting hit from Outrage AND Hydro Pump. (Parasect already faint from multiple Outrage despite not too effectiveness)
    -AT LAST. my exeggutor defeats Gyarados after setting up Sunny Day and spamming Solar Beam.

QUESTION: DO I need to do Sevii island and beat E4 second time? Or Am I good?
    Last edited by Kacho; 10th January 2012 at 7:35 PM.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

@Kacho. Your challenge ends whenever you choose it too. A lot of people just do the elite four and end. That's what I usually do, baring a couple of occasions.

I'm thinking of doing one on a 3rd gen game. I can't decide on the type though. I won't do flying since it's done, and poison because I am currently working on one on Soul Silver.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    @Kacho. Your challenge ends whenever you choose it too. A lot of people just do the elite four and end. That's what I usually do, baring a couple of occasions.

I'm thinking of doing one on a 3rd gen game. I can't decide on the type though. I won't do flying since it's done, and poison because I am currently working on one on Soul Silver.
    if you can't choose, you can always do normal or one of the start types...

also, i looked at gen III Jumpluff family's movepool. There is nothing big deal about the movesets so I can't really do an E4 refight with it. I don't need to. I pass. Skip. Whatever.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Im doing a Pokemon Emerald Grass Monotype Challenge.
    Here is my planned team for the Elite Four.
    Sceptile
    Ludicolo
    Breloom
    Cacturne
    Tropius
    Cradily

I will start literally riiiiiiggggghhhhht NOW.
    I will post more after each gym.

EDIT: I beat Roxanne, I got a bunch of lucky critical hits, but Nosepass got one that killed Treecko at full health.

Treecko 12
    Lotad 12
    Shroomish 12

EDIT AGAIN: I beat Brawly, it took 3 tries before I decided to grind. Makuhita kept getting critical hits, that's why I grinded.

Grovyle 21
    Lombre 22
    Shroomish 21

EDIT AGAIN 2: I beat Wattson, Manectric beat my Lombre and Grovyle, but Breloom finished off his Manectric using Mach Punch.

Grovyle 26
    Lombre 26
    Breloom 26

EDIT AGAIN 3: I beat Flannery, I had so much trouble that I grinded all my Pokemon to almost 40. Her Torkoal's Attract got on my nerves.

Sceptile 38
    Lombre 37
    Breloom 38

EDIT AGAIN 4: I beat Norman, I OHKO'd all his Pokemon except his Slaking, I poisoned it, then he got a Critical Hit, Powered Up(By Poison) Facade.

Sceptile 38
    Lombre 37
    Breloom 39
    Lileep 34
    Cacturne 33
    Last edited by ilovedeino; 16th January 2012 at 2:23 AM.
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

Wow it's been ages since I posted in this section. How are you guys doing?

I was thinking of either Grass or Dark Monotype Challenge in Emerald, but seeing there's a few on here doing that now, I decided on doing Dark. At Rustboro City right now and have my first badge!

Current Team:
    Poochyena Lv8
    Nuzleaf Lv14

Badges:

I'm in Verdanturf Town right now, I'm doing some training before challenging the Mauville City Gym.

Current Team:
    Mightyena Lv19
    Nuzleaf Lv19
    Sableye Lv20

Badges:
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 21st January 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Currently doing a Grass monotype in Sapphire. I'll update this post with my team.

----------

Monster

Miror B

Licorice

----------

Spoiler:- Here is the projected team:
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 30th January 2012 at 12:53 AM.

^ Click this for good times ^

Just stepped out onto the sandy beaches of Route 104 on my Bug Monotype in Pokémon Emerald...

Team so far:

FurnehEyes
    Male, Level 12

- Tackle
    - String Shot
    - Poison Sting
    - Confusion

:L

I've been doing a Poison-Type monorun in LeafGreen.

For anyone wanting to follow it, it's on my Youtube channel. I film every step of the way ^^ This monotype is recorded with a friend, so has dual-commentary. He also has his own FireRed monotype on his channel! Link to my account is in my signature =]

Pokémon White 2 Badgequest:

I have decided I want to do a monotype on emerald. I am taking suggestions for types or a pokemon with two types I can work from.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast