Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espeon0429 View Post
    ^

No matter how many times I play RSE, I always forget to pick up Cut! Later, I always realise I need it! I forgot it on my Ruby Fighting mono-type recently.

Anyway, I'm here to tell you that after two Geovanni battles and two rival battles I have beaten Sabrina on my Bug mono-type.
    Hey everyone, this was my last update for my Bug mono-type a while ago. Since then, I stopped playing because I went to university. However, I've restarted since then and I've just beaten Blaine who was easier than I thought he would be! I had already beaten Koga when I restarted, so I'll go from then.

After beating Koga, I decided to clear out all of the trainers in the water routes. I did that, including a brief visit to the Seafoam Islands to see Articuno! I finally arrived in Cinnabar and immediately healed up before going to the Pokemon Mansion. I always hate going into the Pokemon Mansion to get the Secret Key, so I spammed repels before finally getting the key and getting Sporax to Dig me out of there! I cleared out the gym trainers easily enough, but I was worried about Blaine who,of course spammed Fire Blast and could potentially destroy my team. So, I did some grinding to get my team up to Lv55 (Yeah, I know). I stocked up on Revives and Hyper Potions and prepared for Blaine. As it turned out, he wasn't as hard as I thought he would be. First, Harmony put Growlithe to sleep and then scored an OHKO with Psychic. Harmony then sent Ponyta to the same fate. I switched to Violet for Rapidash. One Psychic didn't defeat it and Rapidash woke up. However, Violet was able to survive Rapidash's Fire Blast and killed it with Psychic. Finally, it was time for Arcanine. I kept Violet out and used Sleep Powder... but it missed! Arcanine finished Violet off with Take Down and I switched to Harmony, hoping that Sleep Powder would work - it did! Two Psychics got Arcanine down to red health, Blaine healed, but the next Psychic was a critical hit! With no more Potions, Blaine was screwed! Another Psychic defeated Arcanine and secured me the victory!
    My team:

Harmony - Butterfree Lv55
    Rash Male
    Psychic
    Silver Wind
    Sleep Powder
    Gust

Apex - Beedrill Lv55
    Bashful Female
    Toxic
    Aerial Ace
    Twineedle
    Endeavor

Sporax - Parasect Lv55
    Docile Male
    Slash
    Dig
    Giga Drain
    Spore

Crux - Pinsir Lv55
    Lax Female
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide
    Strength
    Submission

Violet - Venomoth Lv55
    Jolly Female
    Psychic
    Gust
    Sleep Powder
    Return

OK, I'm continuing with my Ruby Fighting mono-type, so stay tuned for an update from that. I hoped you enjoyed reading this!
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Will start one in Fire Red, Bug type. Because I hate bug types, this will actually be funny ()

So, here goes my team:
    In-game team:
    - Butterfree (Bug/Flying)
    - Beedrill (Bug/Poison)
    - Parasect (Bug/Grass)
    - Scyther (Bug/Flying)
    - Pinsir (Trade from LG) (Bug)
    - HM Slave(s)

Post-game team:
    - Butterfree (Bug/Flying)
    - Beedrill (Bug/Poison)
    - Parasect (Bug/Grass)
    - Scizor (Bug/Steel)
    - Pinsir (Trade from LG) (Bug)
    - Hm Slave(s)

Edit:

UPDATE!

I'm going to challenge the league for the first time.
    Team:
    - Butterfree Lv65
    - Beedrill Lv63
    - Parasect Lv64
    - Scyther Lv66
    - Pinsir Lv69
    - HM Slave
    Last edited by Metalhead9838772; 12th March 2012 at 3:30 AM. Reason: Update

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

I can't decide what type to do for FR
    Can someone give me my type?
    I can't trade so not like dragon please :P
    I'm trading:
    ZORUA
    The starters from every gen
    Pokérus
    4 zekrom
    2 reshiram

I'm looking for:
    Pokédex data for Thundurus and Landorus
    Archen
    Rufflet

I'm actually going to try something nobody hasn't done yet. (Or at least what I'm aware of)

I'm going to attempt to do a Psychic Monotype Challenge of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Whether I'll complete this or not, I dunno, but I am going to at least try to.

Spoiler:- Update 1::

I've done some training at Mt. Battle by beating the first 2 Areas and getting TM03 Water Pulse. None of my Pokemon can learn it at this time but it's still good. I'm at the Cipher Lab right now.

Current Team:
    Espeon Lv18
    Baltoy Lv20

Baltoy just recently learned Selfdestruct. I can't wait to use the Protect strategy with it. Or use Teddiursa as a sacrifice. Haha! Speaking of which, I just got a Nugget from it's Pick Up ability. That's a 1% chance of getting at Lv14. Awesome!
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 11th March 2012 at 4:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

Edit: Hoenn

Quote Originally Posted by iwillHM01you View Post
    I can't decide what type to do for FR
    Can someone give me my type?
    I can't trade so not like dragon please :P
    Bug is fun to do, which is what I'm doing, but poison or normal could be really fun/frustrating

Other than those, ghost could be nice too.

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

Spoiler:- Update 1::

I've beaten Team Cipher Admin Snattle in Phenac City and freed the town. Then I went to Kaminko's Manor and faced off against Robo Groudon and eventually upgraded my scooter to the Hover Scooter so now I can go to the Desert. But not until after I purify two new Pokemon to my team.

Current Team:
    Espeon Lv35
    Baltoy Lv34
    Kirlia Lv27
    Meditite Lv30
    Natu Lv22
    Lunatone Lv25

I did say I was going to use Starmie which is right near the end but I completely forgot about Natu so I decided to snag it and add it to my team. I now have a full team and should be able to battle a lot easier.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 12th March 2012 at 3:30 PM.

Wow, it's been forever since I last updated. Well I obtained the Poke Flute in Lavender Town, and then I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I decided to travel back to Celadon City since I wanted to arrive in Fuchsia City from the Cycling Road side. I went through Saffron City until I reached Celadon City, and I used the Poke Flute to awaken the sleeping Snorlax that was blocking the entrance to Cycling Road on Route 16. I fought against it and it fainted, then I was allowed access to the main road. As soon as I arrived at the road, I met some Bikers. I challenged them to battles in order to train my team of Water-type Pokemon, and then I headed south. I battled some more Cue Balls and Bikers, and then I arrived at the gate house that led to Fuchsia City. I battled some Bird Keepers on Route 18, and then I stopped at the Fuchsia City Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon.

- Blastoise level 36
    - Gyarados level 35
    - Vaporeon level 33

I went to the Northern Desert and found the missing Cargo Ship S.S. Libra. I met with Team Snagem who stole my Snag Machine. I then go to Outskirt Stand and battled against Miror B. After an easy battle, I met with Hordel and he told me a few things. I then have a easy battle with Willie. After that, I then head off to Snagem's Hideout and get my Snag Machine back. Now I'm off to the Cipher Key Lair to foil their plans.

Current Team:
    Espeon ♂ Lv36
    Claydol Lv36
    Gardevoir ♀ Lv30
    Medicham ♂ Lv37
    Xatu ♂ Lv32
    Lunatone Lv30

By the way, I want to know. What do you guys think of my idea of Monotype Challenging Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness?

Also I don't usually give nicknames to my Pokemon but if you got some ideas, feel free to tell me.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 13th March 2012 at 3:15 PM.

Finished my FireRed Bug monotype today!

My final team:
    Butterfree Lv83
    Beedrill Lv86
    Parasect Lv82
    Scizor Lv87
    Pinsir Lv85
    (Hm Slave)

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Guardian Zach View Post

By the way, I want to know. What do you guys think of my idea of Monotype Challenging Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness?
    That's actually an awesome idea, I never thought about it (mainly because I don't have that game lol), but it's an awesome idea really.

As for nicknames, you could name your Espeon "Borneo", just for the sake of it
    Last edited by Metalhead9838772; 15th March 2012 at 12:21 AM.

Pokemon games I own:
    PokemonBlue (2 copies)
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon Fire Red
    Pokemon Leaf Green
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon White
    Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Y

I'm cleared out the Cipher Key Lair. I am now currently training at the Realgam Tower before going to Citadark Isle. Man I'm almost finished with this challenge!

Current Team:
    Sol the Espeon ♂ Lv42
    Rook the Claydol Lv39
    Harmony the Gardevoir ♀ Lv35
    Medicham ♂ Lv42
    Sun-Stare the Xatu ♂ Lv36
    Dusk the Lunatone Lv36

Huge thanks to Meepas on deviantART for the nicknames. I couldn't give one to Medicham because I forgot I got that from Duking so it's a traded Pokemon...Ah well.

I've wanted to do a Psychic Monotype Challenge for a while but there's been a lot of bumps. In Gen 1 and 4, the earliest without trading is Abra and that's really hard to train, let alone catch. In Gen 1, you have to do a lot before getting it so it's really no point. In Gen 4, I won't have another Psychic type for a long time so yeah. I guess the first gym can be an exception to the rule but after that, I'd like to use the actual type I chose. Gen 2 has Unown which is useless. Well I guess it's alright in the first gym but the next Psychic is Slowpoke and the 2nd Gym is Bug so there goes that idea. Gen 3 has Ralts and Abra before the first gym (Only in Emerald, Abra is later on in R/S) but you'll be relying on those 2 for a long time until Lunatone/Solrock in Meteor Falls and I really HATE the Electric Gym. It's pretty much impossible with just those 2.
    It is possible in Black and White, you'd have to beat the first Gym normally and then you can get a Munna (Or Musharna if you're lucky) in Dreamyard and Woobat in Wellspring Cave. You'll have to use them for 2 more gyms until Sigilyph in Desert Resort and Gothita/Solosis in Route 5 and 16 and the last one, Elgyem in Celestial Tower. But you won't have a full team without trading. I can trade but I try not to nowadays. I guess I could get Exeggcute, Drowzee, Mr. Mime, Smoochum, Meditite, Spoink, Chimecho and Bronzor from Dream World since you unlock them right away if you're willing to set it up and whatnot.
    I've been looking into this game and seeing if I could Monotype it, and yeah, I then decided on doing it on Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness since there's plenty in there and I don't think anybody has done it before so why not?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to change their levels.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 15th March 2012 at 7:54 AM.

After I finished healing my Pokemon at the Fuchsia City Pokemon Center, I headed over to the fishing guru's house and I obtained the Good Rod. I also wandered around town a bit after that, and I visited the Safari Warden's. He couldn't speak since he was missing his teeth, so I headed over to the Safari Zone to locate them. I paid for my entrance into the Safari Zone after that, and I wandered over to the lake in the first area. I used my newly-acquired Good Rod to fish in the water, and I encountered a wild Goldeen. I tossed a Safari Ball at it, and I successfully captured it. I continued to fish around there, but I only found some Magikarp and more Goldeen. I had to leave the Safari Zone after that, and I headed over to Cycling Road to re-battle the trainers there using the VS Seeker; I wanted to train my Goldeen to get her leveled up. I battled for around 30 minutes before saving.

- Blastoise level 37
    - Gyarados level 35
    - Vaporeon level 34
    - Goldeen level 24

Man if only we could get this thread to be as popular as it used to be.

I've started a Ground Monotype on Ruby version. Since this is a Ground monotype I obviously chose Mudkip as my starter. Once I saved Birch from that Poochyena he let me keep the Mudkip. I trained Mudkip in the grass and then I headed through Oldale Town to battle May. After I beat her Professor Birch gave me a Pokedex and my mom gave me the Running Shoes. I trained Mudkip a little more and then I headed onto Route 102. I beat the first trainer and took a break.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke
        Spoiler:- Current Party:

Just started a Dark Monotype challenge in Emerald ^^

In Slateport right now, gearing up against my rival for the 3rd time.
    Team so far:
    Belphagor the Sableye (20) M
    Lucifer the Mightyena (18) M

Planned Team:
    Belphagor
    Lucifer
    Leviathan
    Asmodeus
    Mammon
    Beelzebub

for those of you who don't get the names, they're 6 of the 7 princes of hell.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

I continued to Petalburg and helped Wally with his Ralts. Then I continued through the Petalburg Woods and into Rustboro City. I immediately went to the gym and after the two trainer battles Mudkip evolved into Marshtomp. Roxanne was the gym leader and she fell quickly thanks to Water Gun and Mud Shot. When I left the gym I had to help a Devon Researcher with an issue because of a man dressed in red. While giving chase I captured a Nincada and added it to the team as a punching bag of sorts. After I beat the Team Magma member I received a Pokenav and headed out to Dewford Town.

My first destination was the Granite Cave. There I captured a Geodude which I didn't plan on using until I noticed the Adamant nature. I began training it as I made my way through the dark cave and found Steven. With a letter delivered I continued to the gym where I swapped between Geodude and Marshtomp to get in some training. Brawly was surprisingly easy. Marshtomp just spammed Mud Shot until it fainted. With a new badge I headed to Slateport City.

After I beat Team Magma and delivered some parts I headed towards Mauville City, but not before a battle with May. She was fairly difficult because of Grovyle but Geodude knocked it out with Selfdestruct. I continued on to Mauville, beat Wally, and took out the Mauville Gym with Geodude's Magnitude. After the simple gym battle Geodude evolved into Graveler. I headed north and captured a Numel and I have slowly begun training it.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

I trained my Pokemon some more, and then I headed south towards Fuchsia City again since I still had to find the Safari Zone warden's missing teeth, the Surf HM and I had to challenge Koga for the Soul Badge. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center upon arrival and I went back to the Safari Zone. I entered and I wandered around again. I made it into a new area of the Safari Zone and I found the warden's teeth on the ground. I wandered over to a building afterwards and I obtained the Surf HM from the man inside. I taught Surf to my Blastoise, and then I headed back to Fuchsia City. I purchased some items at the Poke Mart, and then I entered the Fuchsia City Gym. I had to navigate through the Gym and battle against the Gym trainers inside. I bumped into several invisible walls, but I defeated all the Gym trainers eventually. I healed my Pokemon after that and I saved.

- Blastoise level 39
    - Gyarados level 36
    - Vaporeon level 35
    - Goldeen level 28

Training is a nuisance. I took Numel down the Cycling Path of Route 110 where it spammed Ember on the trainer's Magnemite's. Then my team and I defeated the Trick House twice before I headed back to Mauville. There were a lot of trainers west of the city and once they were all defeated I went back to the Rusturf Tunnel and got Strength. The last trainers I needed to beat were the Winstrate's and once they were taken care of I finally went through the Fiery Path. After healing with the elderly woman I went through a very ashy route and beat some ninjas and such along the way, you know...just you're basic everyday activities. I saved once I reached Fallarbor Town. Team is Lv28-29.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

I returned to the Fuchsia City Gym after I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I arrived at Koga's location at the middle of the Gym, and I challenged him to a battle. I used my Gyarados against his first Koffing, and I defeated it with Thrash attack. Koga sent out his Weezing after that match, and I used Vaporeon against it. It was a tough battle; my Vaporeon took a lot of damage, but my Blastoise was able to finish it off before things got worse. I used Blastoise against Koga's Muk as well, and I used Surf. It wasn't very effective though, and Muk used Minimize several times so that my Pokemon's moves didn't hit it. It also used Toxic, but I healed Blastoise with an Antidote. I defeated it with another Surf attack, and then I used Gyarados against Koga's final Koffing. I defeated Koffing and I obtained the Soul Badge from Koga. I saved after getting the TM as well.

- Blastoise level 40
    - Gyarados level 37
    - Vaporeon level 36
    - Goldeen level 28

I beat Team Magma atop of Mt Chimney and I just now realized I forgot to grab the Meteorite...oh well. I went down the Jagged Pass and arrived in Lavaridge where I took on the gym. Numel and Graveler did most of the work in the gym. Flannery was fairly easy seeing as Graveler took out both Slugma's with Magnitude. Her Torkoal was then defeated by Marshtomp's Mud Shot. Once May gave me the Go-Goggles I headed to the desert and captured a Trapinch and a Baltoy. I took a break shortly after the two captures.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

@edit:
    Moved up to the ashy place. Black Glasses boosted Bite from Mightyena is actually pretty good, it's caught up in terms of level now. Went through Fallarbor and got over the meteor fiasco, and went back to get Return. Beat Flannery with a lot of accuracy hax and crit hax in my favor, elaborated below. After getting the goggles, spent half an hour hunting for a male Cacnea I don't kill with crit. It always happens to me, some random move crit kills the pokemon i want to catch (like that shiny swablu...) Anyways. Slapped EXP Share on Mammon the Cacnea and went back to Norman. Got through the gym and beat the Slaking by smart switching between Lucifer and Belphagor to lower his attack on Truant turns and make him miss with Facade against Sableye. Got surf, went to New Mauville to shut it down with Super Repels, surfed across the small river mouth, got the good rod and finally got Beelzebub the Corphish. A Surfer! bye bye mudkip! (btw caught a skarmory for my flyer)

vs Flannery
    Lucifer used Howl - Numel used Overheat (does 60% with crit)
    Lucifer used Bite (does 90%) - Numel used Overheat (miss)
    Flannery used Hyper potion - Lucifer used Howl
    Lucifer used Howl - Numel used overheat (miss)
    ditto,
    ditto,
    ditto,
    Lucifer used Bite (Numel fainted)
    Lucifer used bite (slugma fainted)
    Lucifer used bite (does 40% to camerupt) - Camerupt used sunny day
    Lucifer used Bite (crits, camerupt fainted)
    Lucifer used bite (35% on torkoal) - Torkoal flinched
    Lucifer used bite (crit, torkoal fainted)
    Last edited by terrytorterra; 9th April 2012 at 5:31 AM.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

I left the Fuchsia City Gym after winning the Soul Badge and the TM, and I headed over to the local Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon. I finished that and then I visited the Safari Zone Warden's house. I gave him back his missing teeth, which I found at the Safari Zone, and I obtained the HM containing the move Strength from him. I taught the move to my Blastoise and then I headed east towards the route there. I battled some trainers that I hadn't yet battled as I moved north, and then I reached the bridge area. I headed north until I reached Lavender Town, and after shopping for items at the local Poke Mart, I went west until I reached the gates that led to Saffron City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center just to make sure that they were all fit, and then I made my way towards Silph Co. since I had to stop Team Rocket's invasion there. I saved once inside.

- Blastoise level 41
    - Gyarados level 38
    - Vaporeon level 37
    - Goldeen level 30

I headed to the Trick House to try to train Baltoy and Trapinch but both were incredibly weak. Once I finished that I went to the desert and beat all the trainers there and then spent a little time fighting the wild Pokemon. During that training Numel evolved into Camerupt. Once everyone was at Lv30 or higher I headed all the way to Petalburg City and I took a break in front of the gym. This is my least favorite gym in Hoenn.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke

I've just beaten my rival for the last time in front of the Lilycove mall.
    Now heading back to Mt Ember to finish off the Magma Base fiasco and then return to lilycove to do the aqua base fiasco.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458

Hey everyone, on LG, I'm in the middle of a Bug mono, but I'm taking a break from that and starting an Electric mono-type on FR. So, I started a new game, called myself Volt and did all the obligatory stuff at the start. I started with Charmander, so I would have the easy Squirtle to take out! I did everything quickly to get Pokeballs and then went to Viridian Forest to catch a Pikachu. I took me ages to find one and I found and caught a shiny Caterpie before I found a Pikachu! Eventually I caught a Pikachu and named it Shocker. I trained Shocker to Lv12 and fought my rival. With a Pidgey and Squirtle, he was easy and they took a Thundershock each before dying. I cleared out Viridian Forest and the trainer in Brock's gym before training Shocker to Lv20 and making a difficult decision to delete Quick Attack for Slam. I stocked up on a lot of potions for the battle. Brock was, naturally difficult and I started v Geodude by Double Teaming six times to give me an advantage. Unfortunately Geodude had spent this time using Defense Curl, so I began spamming Slam. It took a while but Geodude soon fainted. Then for Onix and though the Double Team was keeping me mostly safe, I only Slammed about four times and I ran out of PP! I changed strategy and carried on with the long battle, by using all of my PP. After a while it was all gone and thanks to the potions, Struggle was able to defeat Onix, giving me the Boulderbadge!
    My team:

Shocker - Pikachu Lv20
    Hasty Female
    Thundershock
    Slam
    Double Team
    Thunder Wave

OK, so I'll update soon!
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

I have been thinking of doing a monotype challenge for ages now. I did the posion on leaf green and that was easy, then I did the water one but accidently got rid of the file, so right now I am doing the flying challenge on fire red. I started of with Charmander so Charizard could become apart of my challenge and I quickly did the all the mumbo jumbo at the start of the game to get the pokeballs. As soon as I got the pokeballs I raced to catch the next members of my team, Pidgey and Spearow. They were both level 5 when I caught them. I trained all my members up to level 12 in viridian forest and took out my rival before making my way to Brock to get my first badge. Team is as follows

Charmander: 12
    Spearow: 12
    Pidgey: 12
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I entered the Silph Co. building in order to stop Team Rocket's invasion. Once inside, I wandered around until I met some Team Rocket grunts who wanted to battle. I also managed to enter different rooms and I even saw some people locked inside. I battled more Team Rocket grunts for experience, and then I set off to locate the Card Key that would allow me to access other parts of the building. I had to heal my Pokemon halfway through the search because my Pokemon were injured, but I managed to evolve my Goldeen into Seaking after battling some Team Rocket grunts on the seventh floor. I eventually found the Card Key, and I began to unlock doors around the building. I eventually reached the third floor and I teleported using the warp panel there. I battled against my rival when I arrived, and then a employee gave me a gift Lapras. I saved the game before going to the eleventh floor.

- Blastoise level 42
    - Gyarados level 39
    - Vaporeon level 38
    - Seaking level 34
    - Lapras level 25

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast