Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Once I beat Gabby and Ty for the second time I began heading north while beating a bunch of Bug Catchers and ninjas and such. Eventually I reached the Weather Institute which was inhabited by Team Magma but I easily took care of them. With that done I beat May and got Fly, which I taught to Vibrava. I entered Fortree City and finally evolved Graveler into Golem. I couldn't enter the gym so I went east and got a Devon Scope from Steven before returning and entering the gym. Golem took out all the trainers and then I challenged Winona. Golem beat Swellow with Rock Throw, Claydol defeated Pelipper with a combination of Psybeam and Hyper Beam, Camerupt got Skarmory with Ember, and then Swampert won the battle against Altaria with Ice Beam.

Once I had my badge I headed east again and continued all the way until I reached Lilycove City where I took a break.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I've done everything I can on the Sevii Islands. Now I'm off to train my team for the Rematches with the Elite Four!

Current Team:
    Dodrio Lv55
    ~ Fly
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Drill Peck
    ~ Tri Attack
    Ability: Early Bird
    Nature: Impish
    Crobat Lv57
    ~ Confuse Ray
    ~ Fly
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Shadow Ball
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Lonely
    Scyther Lv61
    ~ Slash
    ~ Wing Attack
    ~ Silver Wind
    ~ Swords Dance
    Ability: Swarm
    Nature: Adamant
    Aerodactyl Lv58
    ~ Fly
    ~ Double-Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Rock Slide
    Ability: Rock Head
    Zapdos Lv55
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Secret Power
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Drill Peck
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Docile
    Xatu Lv53
    ~ Giga Drain
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Faint Attack
    ~ Confuse Ray
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Bold
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

After defeating May in front of the Dept Store I went to Mt Pyre and confronted Team Magma there. I was too late however and Maxie got away with the Orb. I chased them to Slateport but I was once again too late and saw them steal a submarine. I went back to Mt Pyre and explored the inner part of the mountain and battled a few trainers on the way. Then I went to the hideout near Lilycove and once again was too late to stop Maxie. With nothing else to do I headed to Mossdeep.

Once I arrived I got Dive from Steven and then I headed to the gym. I easily defeated the Psychic type trainers and solved the gym puzzle before challenging Tate and Liza. I went with Swampert and Vibrava to start off. Swampert ended up fainting to Solarbeam while Vibrava fell to a Psychic. Solarbeam also took out Golem and Claydol while Psychic defeated Camerupt. I lost.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

I startede a Poison monotype on XD the other day.

My progress so far:
    I beat Gorigan in Cipher Key Lair and saved right after.

Spoiler:- TEAM AT THIS POINT:
        Spoiler:- Challenges:

Userbar made by Geijutsu-shin in Trickster44's Art Shop

So you liked how I did a monotype challenge of Pokemon XD so you've decided to do one yourself? Very nice. Good luck then.
    I've been looking into Pokemon Colosseum but there's barely enough for a full team. Only a couple types are able to have a full team. And I may have to use one of the Legendary Pokemon just to fill up that team...

EDIT: Just checked the list. It seems that Normal, Water and Flying are the only types you can fill a team before the final gauntlet at the end.
    Normal: Noctowl, Furret, Dunsparce, Stantler, Aipom and Granbull
    Water: Croconaw, Quagsire, Remoraid, Mantine, Qwilfish and Suicune
    Flying: Noctowl, Skiploom, Yanma, Mantine, Swablu, Ledian, Gligar, Murkrow, Delibird and Skarmory

It seems Flying types are definitely the most effective type in this game. Both Water and Flying give you 5 Pokemon before the first Admin battle (Although Remoraid is only on Lv20...). I'll probably try catching all the Shadow Pokemon and truly complete the game since it gets harder after Evice...Maybe.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 2nd June 2012 at 12:23 PM.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    So you liked how I did a monotype challenge of Pokemon XD so you've decided to do one yourself?
    Yeah, I really liked your idea of it, I must say, it is kind of challenging.

I think doing a monotype on XD would be fun. I might do it someday, if I did it would probably be Fire.

Anyway, I trained Vibrava and Swampert a level each and then used a few Rare Candies to evolve Vibrava into Flygon. I took on Tate and Liza again and managed to win in two turns thanks to Crunch and Surf. Now that I can use Dive I headed to the undersea cavern and battled some Team Magma goons before taking on Maxie in front of Groudon. Golem took out his Mightyena, Swampert beat Camerupt, and then Claydol defeated Crobat. Suddenly the Blue Orb started glowing and Groudon was unleashed. I went to Sootopolis City and went to the Cave of Origin and battled Groudon. I just used the Master Ball on it and then returned to the Pokemon Center. I can't believe no one thanked me for saving the world.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

So I have started my first monotype challenge, it is on Fire Red with the Poison Type, I started with Bulbasaur and planning on my final team being

My progress so far:
    I beat the game as I beat Greevil. I'm Done

Spoiler:- TEAM AT THIS POINT:

Awesome! Congrats ilovedeino. Did you have fun?
    I should finish up some of my challenges (done nothing since the last update). On top of the Flying Monotype in FireRed which is almost done so I should do that first, I also got to get back to my Bug Monotype in HeartGold and my Grass Monotype in Platinum. I reckon I should finish those first before starting up on a Pokemon Colosseum Monotype challenge.

...or at least just the Flying Monotype. Haven't made a lot of progress on the other two. I kinda want to start on Colosseum soon.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Awesome! Congrats ilovedeino. Did you have fun?
    I should finish up some of my challenges (done nothing since the last update). On top of the Flying Monotype in FireRed which is almost done so I should do that first, I also got to get back to my Bug Monotype in HeartGold and my Grass Monotype in Platinum. I reckon I should finish those first before starting up on a Pokemon Colosseum Monotype challenge.

...or at least just the Flying Monotype. Haven't made a lot of progress on the other two. I kinda want to start on Colosseum soon.
    Yeah, it was fun, I think it's better than the main games because you don't constantly run into wild pokemon.

And I'm done! Fire Red Flying Monotype Challenge is complete!

Final Team:
    Dodrio Lv65
    Crobat Lv65
    Scyther Lv66
    Aerodactyl Lv65
    Zapdos Lv66
    Xatu Lv66

Now to work on Pokemon Colosseum! Most likely another Flying Monotype in that. Should be interesting...What I'm going to do is go through the entire game. Not just finish at Evice, but go through even the Deep Colosseum and so on. I won't be trading any Pokemon from my GBA games but I can trade the Pokemon I obtain in Colosseum to teach some TMs that aren't available in Colosseum if I need to.

Just got to Mt. Battle. I'm about to go on and beat these guys here.

Current Team:
    Noctowl Lv33
    ~ Steel Wing
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Fly
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Jumpluff Lv35
    ~ Synthesis
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Cotton Spore
    ~ Mega Drain
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Mantine Lv36
    ~ Wing Attack
    ~ Supersonic
    ~ Bubblebeam
    ~ Take Down
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Calm
    Altaria Lv35
    ~ Dragon Breath
    ~ Sing
    ~ Safeguard
    ~ Fly
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Quirky

I am so not liking how Mantine got Swift Swim instead of Water Absorb...Oh well...

EDIT: Made a couple changes. Purified Swablu and evolved it. Mantine is now Lv36 (Was Lv34) and Yanma is removed from the party. Got a couple more trainers to beat at Mt. Battle to finish this part...I've been snagging each Shadow Pokemon at this point. Definitely don't want to waste time trying to get Entei...Yeah I don't want to do that right now. LOL
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 8th June 2012 at 3:37 PM.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

So after restarting my Leaf Green game to send the three starters to my HeartGold game, I decided I was going to a mono-type challenge. The first one since I did it back in the Red/Blue/Yellow days when I did a Water challenge. Ultimately I decided to do a poison type challenge.

As I started up my game, I decided to use the girl character and name her after my friend Katy. I made my way to the PC after I woke up, and withdrew the potion from the PC. After that, I went downstairs and headed north to leave the city when Professor Oak stopped me. He dragged me to his lab where he gave me a chance to pick a Pokemon. I decided that Bulbasaur was the right one for me and named her Sprout. As I left, my rival wanted to battle me with his Charmander but Sprout prevailed. I made my way north to Viridian City into the PokeMart where the attendant asked me if I was from Pallet Town and asked me to deliver a package to the professor. I reluctantly agreed since the old man blocked my path to the north, and return to Pallet Town giving the professor his package.

After running that errand, I went past where the old man had been before and he had moved allowing me to go freely into Viridian Forest. Once there, I caught a Weedle and named him Bugsy. I also caught a Pidgey to use as a HM Fly slave for later on. I trained both Sprout and Bugsy to level ten which saw Bugsy evolve into a Kakuna and then a Beedrill a few levels later. After I got them toughened up, I headed to Pewter City gym where Brock's Geodude and Onix both fell to a single Vine Whip from Sprout and I earned my first badge. As I exited Pewter City, one of Oak's aides stopped and me and gave me a pair of running shoes.

Bugsy the Beedrill (F, Calm) - Level 11
    ~Poison Sting
    ~String Shot
    ~Harden
    ~Fury Attack

Sprout the Bulbasaur (F, Modest) - Level 13
    ~Tackle
    ~Growl
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Vine Whip
    Last edited by Golden_Arcanine; 10th June 2012 at 6:53 AM.
    My Wi-Fi is not working, when it's up I'll let you know when I can trade again.

I just turned on my Wii right now and I'm about to do quite a bit of training. That last battle with Venus was quite tough although I kept a steady control of the battle with Jumpluff's Sleep Powder. I'm definitely going to need quite a bit of training now.

Current Team:
    Noctowl Lv37
    ~ Steel Wing
    ~ Hypnosis
    ~ Hidden Power (Electric)
    ~ Fly
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Jumpluff Lv38
    ~ Synthesis
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Hidden Power (Ghost)
    ~ Mega Drain
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Mantine Lv39
    ~ Wing Attack
    ~ Blizzard
    ~ Bubblebeam
    ~ Hidden Power (Dragon)
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Calm
    Altaria Lv40
    ~ Dragon Breath
    ~ Hidden Power (Bug)
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Fly
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Quirky
    Gligar Lv43
    ~ Shadow Rush
    ~ Sand-Attack
    ~ ???
    ~ ???
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Lax

Unlucky with the abilities again. Wanted Hyper Cutter on Gligar, it's at least usable although I could use it against Tyranitar but that's about it. Not liking the luck I got with Hidden Power either. HP Fighting on Mantine? Really? Oh well...

EDIT: Apparently I got it wrong with Mantine's Hidden Power type. It's not Fighting as a Magnemite just resisted it. Guess I'll have to look it up then.
    Guess while I'm here, I might as well alter the levels of Mantine and Altaria. Also Gligar's Nature is revealed too.

EDIT 2: How did I get Fighting before? Mantine's Hidden Power type is Dragon. That's weird...very weird. I used it on Vibrava which was Super Effective and then on Phanpy which was neutral so it's definitely Dragon. Well at least it's a Special Move. Not that it makes a difference since there's not many Dragons in the first place. Plus I have Blizzard. I guess it's usable on say...Kingdra but that's it.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 10th June 2012 at 11:23 AM.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

With my heroic world saving escapades out of the way, it was finally time for the 8th gym. I purposely defeated all the trainers because I wanted the extra experience. I left to heal and then returned to the gym, solved the ice puzzle, and then challenged Wallace. He started with Luvdisc and I went with Swampert. 2 Mud Shot's later and Luvdisc was down. He sent out Sealeo next so I went to Golem. Rock Throw didn't do as much as I would have liked and Sealeo ending up knocking out Golem with Water Pulse. I went to Camerupt and won with Rock Slide. He went to Whiscash next which was easily defeated by Claydol. His fourth pokemon was Seaking. I stupidly went to Camerupt and got beaten by Water Pulse. Swampert came back out and won with Mud Shot. His final Pokemon was Milotic, and it was a doozy. It beat Swampert with a critical hit Ice Beam, took out Flygon with Ice Beam and Claydol was defeated by 2 Water Pulses. I was stuck with the one Pokemon I didn't want to use. Groudon was sent out and won the battle with an Earthquake.

Wallace congratulated me and gave me my final badge. Instead of going to the Pokemon League I knew I had to train a lot so I went to the Trick House and then to Mossdeep where I plan to make the long trek to Pacifidlog Town.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

After gaining my Boulder Badge, it was time to leave Pewter City and after making it through a gauntlet of trainers I made it some grass where I caught a Nidoran F naming it Crush and a Nidoran M calling it Chomp. I decided to train it up a bit before I headed into Mt. Moon for my next challenge. After training my Pokemon up a bit, I headed into Mt. Moon where I ran into a wild Zubat that I caught and named it Screech. There were a few trainers but they were no match for my Pokemon, and I made it my way downstairs where I ran into a few Team Rocket grunts that got worked. I beat some maniac and took the Helix Fossil for my own. I left Mt. Moon and headed into Cerulean City to heal up.

After that, I headed north and my rival came out of nowhere to battle me. Crush (now a Nidorina) worked Pidgeotto pretty easily, Screech took out Abra, Sprout knocked out Rattata, and Chomp (now a Nidorino) had trouble but eventually took out his Charmander. I made my way north through the Nugget Bridge earning a Nugget after beating all the trainers. At the end, I used a Moon Stone on Crush to have her evolve into a Nidoqueen and she learned Body Slam. I went East to save Bill from his problem, and then I headed back to Cerulean City to make my final preparations for my battle with Misty.

Screech the Golbat (M, Gentle) - Level 22
    ~Supersonic
    ~Astonish
    ~Wing Attack
    ~Bite

Chomp the Nidorino (M, Lonely) - Level 22
    ~Poison Sting
    ~Peck
    ~Horn Attack
    ~Double Kick

Crush the Nidoqueen (F, Gentle) - Level 22
    ~Poison Sting
    ~Body Slam
    ~Bite
    ~Double Kick

Sprout the Ivysaur (F, Modest) - Level 22
    ~Tackle
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Razor Leaf

As I prepared to make my final preparations for Misty, I needed to train my Pokemon up a little bit further. I was ready to take on Misty shortly thereafter. First up was her Staryu, which a quick Razor Leaf from Sprout took it down pretty easily with an OHKO. Next came up to her Starmie, and I lead off with Screech and a Bite didn't seem to do the trick before he ended up fainting to a Starmie Water Pulse. I then brought in Sprout to finish it off. And then I won the Cascade Badge to earn my second badge. After defeating Misty, I headed through the house that got broken into and went out back to find a Team Rocket grunt. I made quick work of him, and he gave me back the Dig TM. I went inside the house that was broken into, but they wouldn't take their TM back.

After that, I headed south to Vermillion City and decided to check out the party on the S.S. Anne and a few trainers wanted to test me, but they were no match. I was about to head to the Captain's quarters when my rival jumped out of nowhere. Crush took care of Pidgeotto with a couple of Body Slam, Screech used a couple of Bite to knock out Kadabra, Sprout used a couple of Razor Leaf to defeat Rattata, and Chomp took out Charmander with a few Horn Attack. After beating him, I went to the Captain and rubbed his back and he gave me HM 01. I exited the S.S. Anne after picking up all the items on the floor and it sailed away. After getting my Pokemon healed up, I headed into the gym to take on Lt. Surge. A few trainers that got in my way and then Lt. Surge was there for me to battle. Voltob was up and Sprout made quick work of his Voltorb with a Razor Leaf or two. Next up was his Pickachu and I sent out Chomp, and a few Horn Attack saw Pikachu fall. Finally, Raichu was his last Pokemon and Crush took him out with a few Body Slam. I had earned my third badge and was ready to make my trek through the Rock Tunnel.

Screech the Golbat (M, Gentle) - Level 27
    ~Astonish
    ~Supersonic
    ~Wing Attack
    ~Bite

Chomp the Nidorino (M, Lonely) - Level 27
    ~Poison Sting
    ~Peck
    ~Horn Attack
    ~Double Kick

Crush the Nidoqueen (F, Gentle) - Level 27
    ~Poison Sting
    ~Body Slam
    ~Bite
    ~Double Kick

Sprout the Ivysaur (F, Modest) - Level 27
    ~Tackle
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Razor Leaf

Like I said I would, I went from Mossdeep to Pacifidlog and battled every single trainer along the way. I tried going through the rapids west of Pacifidlog a few times to battle trainers and get the items, but I failed miserably most of the time. With that out of the way I finally went to Ever Grande City and entered Victory Road. I purposely took my time so I could make sure that I battled everyone to get as much experience as I could. The whole trip didn't last the long and after beating Wally I arrived at the Pokemon League. I returned to Victory Road and trained everyone to Lv50 and then I stocked up on supplies before heading into the first room of the Elite 4.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

The trip through Rock Tunnel was time consuming and for all my efforts I arrived in Lavender Town only to find out there was no Gym. Pissed, I headed West and went through a few trainers. I couldn't go into the next city, so I was forced to go through an Underground Path and before long I ended up in Celadon City. I had heard a rumor that Team Rocket had a hideout here, but I headed to the Casino anyways. When I got there, I saw a grunt standing by a poster and I went up to confront him. I whooped him and he let slip that there was a secret switch behind the poster. I pressed it, who wouldn't? I went in there and took out all the grunts from the small base and before long I was facing Giovanni. Before that happened, I found a Moon Stone to evolve Chomp into a Nidoking and Sprout evolved into Venasaur after one of the battles with a grunt. It really didn't take long as Chomp took care of Kangaskhan and Sprout used Razor Leaf on Rhyhorn and Onix to OHKO them. After I kicked Team Rocket out of Celadon City, I headed for the Gym. There, Erika was really no match for Screech and Chomp and before long I earned myself the Rainbow Badge. I got a Silph Scope from Giovanni after he left, so I decided maybe there was more to do in Lavender Town than I originally thought.

I went to the Pokemon Tower after finding out Mr. Fuji was up there since I needed to get the PokeFlute from him. I started up the first floor when I ran into my rival. My strong Pokemon were no match for his underleveld ones. I raced up a few more levels and before long I was at the top of the tower with only a few Rocket grunts in my way to Mr. Fuji. I defeated them one by one, and reached Mr. Fuji only for him to tell me that he came here of his own free will. We left the tower to go back to his place, and he gave me the PokeFlute for my troubles. I headed south to wake the sleeping Pokemon, and after I got Snorlax to move I went a bit further south to catch a Venonant, whom I named Shadow.

Screech the Golbat (M, Gentle) - Level 36
    ~Air Cutter
    ~Confuse Ray
    ~Wing Attack
    ~Bite

Chomp the Nidoking (M, Lonely) - Level 36
    ~Poison Sting
    ~Peck
    ~Horn Attack
    ~Double Kick

Crush the Nidoqueen (F, Gentle) - Level 36
    ~Poison Sting
    ~Body Slam
    ~Bite
    ~Double Kick

Sprout the Venasaur (F, Modest) - Level 36
    ~Tackle
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Razor Leaf

Shadow the Venonat (M, Gentle) - Level 26
    ~Supersonic
    ~Leech Life
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Confusion

After getting my Venonat, I continued my way through Silence Bridge battling all the trainers there and in the process my Venonat evolved into a Venomoth. After I had worked through the all the trainers, I decided to fly back to Celadon City and head down Cycling Road. There was a Snorlax blocking my path, but I quickly caught him and headed down Cycling Road defeating all the trainers in my way. I entered Fuschia City with every intention of earning another gym badge, this time from Koga. I defeated his trainers and then healed up before the big battle. His two Koffing's went down without much fight, but his Muk was a tough cookie to defeat. Eventually, Sprout was able to knock him out with a combination of Leech Seed and Razor Leaf to subdue him. Finally, his Weezing was the last Pokemon I was to face and Chomp had very little issues with him. At last, I had earned myself the Soul Badge. As a reward, I headed to the Safari Zone catching a Dratini after using 21 safari balls on various Dratini's. I managed to get to the end of the maze picking up HM 03 (Surf) and the Warden's Teeth which I gave back to him when he gave me HM 04 (Strength). I was ready to get my sixth and final member of my team, Tentacool.

Screech the Golbat (M, Gentle) - Level 40
    ~Air Cutter
    ~Confuse Ray
    ~Wing Attack
    ~Bite

Chomp the Nidoking (M, Lonely) - Level 40
    ~Strength
    ~Peck
    ~Horn Attack
    ~Double Kick

Crush the Nidoqueen (F, Gentle) - Level 40
    ~Poison Sting
    ~Body Slam
    ~Bite
    ~Double Kick

Shadow the Venomoth (M, Gentle) - Level 40
    ~Stun Spore
    ~Leech Life
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Psybeam

Sprout the Venasaur (F, Modest) - Level 40
    ~Tackle
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Razor Leaf
    Last edited by Golden_Arcanine; 16th June 2012 at 1:28 AM.

Groudon was out first against Sidney's Mightyena and won with a few Earthquakes. He sent in Sharpedo so I sent in Flygon and beat it with 2 Dragon Claws. Camerupt went out against his Cacturne and beat it with Eruption while Groudon beat his Shiftry with Fire Blast. Golem was left to deal with his Absol and it won with 2 Earthquakes. I healed up and moved on.

The second opponent was Phoebe and she started with a Dusclops. I used Flygon against it and managed an easy win thanks to Crunch lowering its Sp Def. I used Swampert against her second Dusclops and had a lot of trouble. Swampert kept hitting itself in confusion but thanks to a Full Restore I was able to take it out with Earthquake (Probably the most commonly used move, although that shouldn't be any surprise). Flygon then came back out and beat both Banettes with Crunch and survived the encounters with 4 HP. Golem went out against her Sableye and used 4 Earthquakes to win the battle because Phoebe couldn't except defeat and kept healing.

Camerupt began the third battle with an Eruption against Glacia's Glalie but it had used Light Screen which allowed it to live and gave her a chance to heal it so it took two Rock Slide's to bring it down. Claydol went out against her first Sealeo and had a stall battle against it but barely pulled off the victory. She went to her second Sealeo which managed to beat my Claydol with Surf. Claydol had left it weak enough so that Groudon could come in and win with Earthquake. Camerupt came back to fight her second Glalie and won thanks to Rock Slide and Earthquake. I tried out Golem against her Walrein but it proved futile as it beat me with Surf. I went with Groudon to weaken its Water attacks and beat it with an Earthquake, Slash, and another Earthquake.

Current Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planning to do a Bug-type Challenge on Pokémon LeafGreen in the far future.

Planned team:

Heracross
    Pinsir
    Parasect
    Venomoth
    Yanma
    Butterfree

I will also use Beedrill for a while.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

First order of business was to find myself a Tentacool naming it U Jelly?, and after a while I found a suitable one that would work for my team. I decided to do a bit of training in Rock Tunnel for a while before he was leveled up sufficiently to battle the stronger Pokemon who would give back more experience points. I headed to Saffron City to the Silph Co. since I had hear Team Rocket had taken over. I went level by level clearing out the Rocket Grunts before reaching the Presidents' quarters and found Giovanni there. Tentacool evolved into Tentacruel in the proccess, and took care of Rhyhorn and Nidoqueen with little issues while Shadow took care of Nidorino and Sprout took down Kangkaskahn. After expelling the Rockets out of Silph Co., I headed up to the gym to take on Sabrina. Screech took care of Kadabra and Mr. Mime pretty easily with a few Bites, and the combination of U Jelly? Alakzam was a whole different story. In the end, Stun Spore from Shadow and Strength by Chomp ended up doing him in. With that, I earned my sixth badge and flew to Pallet Town to head to Cinnabar Island. I swam down and before long I reached the shores of Cinnabar Island.

Screech the Golbat (M, Gentle) - Level 41
    ~Air Cutter
    ~Confuse Ray
    ~Wing Attack
    ~Bite

Chomp the Nidoking (M, Lonely) - Level 41
    ~Strength
    ~Peck
    ~Horn Attack
    ~Double Kick

Crush the Nidoqueen (F, Gentle) - Level 41
    ~Poison Sting
    ~Body Slam
    ~Bite
    ~Double Kick

Shadow the Venomoth (M, Gentle) - Level 41
    ~Stun Spore
    ~Leech Life
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Psybeam

U Jelly? the Tentacruel (F, Sassy) - Level 35
    ~Surf
    ~Bubblebeam
    ~Acid
    ~Supersonic

Sprout the Venasaur (F, Modest) - Level 41
    ~Tackle
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Razor Leaf

After arriving in Cinnabar Island, I went up to the gym only to find out it was locked. I talked to some of the locals there and they told me to go check out the Burned House. I went through there and ran into a few trainers but at the bottom floor I found a key that I believed would open the Gym. I went up to the Gym and the key opened it up. I had to battle through a few trainers before I ran into Blaine. Growlithe and Ponyta went down quite quickly by U Jelly using Surf. Chomp took care of Ninetails pretty easily, but then I brought back U Jelly to use Surf against Arcanine and before long I ended up earning myself a Volcano Badge. After trying to exit the gym, I ran into Bill and went off to a chain of islands in the process I returned a girl to her father. After that, I headed off to get my final gym badge in Virdian City.

After battling through the trainers, I was surprised with who the Gym Leader was. It was Giovanni. Again, U Jelly did most of the work with Surf took care of the two Rhyhorn and the Nidoqueen. Shadow took down Nidoking with a few Psybeam, and Sprout OHKO Dugtrio with a Razor Leaf. I earned my final badge, and now I was ready to go to the Elite 4. After I headed West, I ran into my rival. The combination of Crush and Screech took care of Pidgeot, and the combination of Shadow and Chomp took care of Alakazam. Screech took care of Exeggcute, Sprout took down Gyarados, and U Jelly took down Charizard and Rhyhorn. Now I was ready to head to Victory Road.

Screech the Golbat (M, Gentle) - Level 44
    ~Air Cutter
    ~Confuse Ray
    ~Wing Attack
    ~Bite

Chomp the Nidoking (M, Lonely) - Level 45
    ~Strength
    ~Megahorn
    ~Horn Attack
    ~Double Kick

Crush the Nidoqueen (F, Gentle) - Level 42
    ~Poison Sting
    ~Body Slam
    ~Bite
    ~Double Kick

Shadow the Venomoth (M, Gentle) - Level 43
    ~Stun Spore
    ~Leech Life
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Psybeam

U Jelly the Tentacruel (F, Sassy) - Level 43
    ~Surf
    ~Bubblebeam
    ~Acid
    ~Supersonic

Sprout the Venasaur (F, Modest) - Level 50
    ~Tackle
    ~Poison Powder
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Razor Leaf

^ props for using venomoth, but try giving it giga drain, psychic and sleep powder for best results

I started a Grass Monotype challenge on Ruby recently
    (I didn't want to do it in emerald because I have a Latios with 31 special attack IVs that I use for the battle frontier, and I also have a gold Spirits Symbol, and I decided to do it on Ruby rather than Sapphire to make it more challenging)
    Here is a summary of Gym Battles/Important Things that have happened so far

-Got a Treecko as my starter, named it Gex. Had a decent nature on the first one, so I decided to not reset
    -After some time, finally caught a Shroomish with a good nature, named it The Steve
    -Beat Roxanne fairly easily as you'd expect with grass types
    -Brawly was a bit tougher, but The Steve got me through it pretty well with Stun Spore
    -After about 40 MINUTES (I'm not kidding) of looking for an Oddish, which seemed to have a 1% appearance rate for me, and getting terrible natures on the ones I found, I Finally found a decently natured one. I named it Marijuana
    -Battled May on the way to Mauville City. She was really hard to beat with her Combusken that kept using Ember and getting an OHKO/2HKO on everything on my team, but eventually The Steve (Now a breloom) won it with Mach Punch
    -Battled Wattson, his Magneton went down very easily to Mach Punch, after Sleep Powder from Marijuana (Now a Gloom). Breloom is my favourite Pokemon on this team.
    -The next gym leader is Flannery, and that Torkoal gave me huge amounts of trouble. The first attempt doing it, I beat the Slugma pretty easily, although they KO'd Breloom and managed to set up a Sunny Day. I tried to get Gex to use Screech on the Torkoal, forgetting it had White Smoke which prevented me from lowering its stats. Gex got OHKO'd by Overheat, but this was good because now its Special Attack was down from using Overheat, and unlike in Emerald, it doesn't have a White Herb.

Marijuana took Overheat pretty well, but I healed it until the Torkoal lowered its Special Attack all the way with Overheat. After its special attack was almost in the negatives from Overheat, the Torkoal decided to start using Body slam. Body slam hit Marijuana for about 1/3 of its HP. I had only 2 moves to use against the Torkoal, Absorb and Acid. Acid seemed to do more damage, so I kept using sleep powder and hitting it with Acid, which took off about 1/25 of its HP each time. Too bad I couldnt lower its defence because of White Smoke.

After a lot of Acid thrown at the Torkoal, and Flannery healing it with Hyper Potions, I eventually Ran out of healing items. I got the Torkoal to a very low amount of HP, with just 2 Acids to go until it was dead, but then it decided to use Attract. With just one Acid to go, but only one Body slam until Marijuana was dead, I got Marijuana to use Acid again. But then my horrible luck kicked in and decided to have Marijuana be immobilized by love. Torkoal then finished it with Body Slam.

-After throwing my GBA out of the window and then retrieving it, then buying some revives and potions, I went up against Flannery again. This time The Steve Swept the Slugmas with no trouble, and it was just the torkoal left. I got Marijuana to use Sleep powder on it, and then got The Steve to just use headbutt on it. Flannery randomly decided not to use a Hyper potion, so I won.

-Next I got some goggles from May and went into the Desert. There, I caught my new team member, a Cacnea. I named it ThornyTITS in reference to Haydunn's Cacturne, because I couldnt think of a better name. I also got the Root fossil, which I resurrected in the Devon Building and got a Lileep, which is the final member of my team. I couldnt think of a nickname for it, so it is just Lileep for now. I wanted to give it Rock tomb, but for some stupid reason it couldn't learn it.

-I was depressed at Lileep's extremely shallow movepool, so I decided to see what hidden powers everyone had. After killing a lot of wild Pokemon, I learnt what types everyone had, and most of them were really good. Gex got hidden power Fire, which is really cool, The Steve got hidden power Dragon (which I decided not to keep because Dragon is a special type and Breloom is good with physical moves), Cacnea got Hidden Power Rock, Lileep got Hidden power Grass, and Finally, Marijuana got hidden power Electric, which was pretty... *puts on sunglasses* Shocking

Spoiler:- team:

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast