Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

Flygon started off against Shelgon and beat the shell Pokemon with 2 Dragon Claws and a Crunch. I switched to Swampert and used Ice Beam against his Altaria and it didn't faint. At this point I knew I was in trouble with all Drake's Pokemon. Fortunately another Ice Beam beat Altaria. His first Flygon was defeated with Ice Beam and Surf from Swampert and the second was defeated by a single Dragon Claw from Flygon. Salamence managed to beat Swampert so I used another Dragon Claw and brought it to the yellow but it also used Dragon Claw and knocked out Flygon. I tried out Claydol but it was defeated by Crunch. Golem came out and finished it off with a Rock Throw.

Camerupt started off the final battle with Eruption which knocked out Skarmory. His second Pokemon was Aggron but Swampert won with Surf. Groudon went out against his Cradily. I used Earthquake and then got confused by Confuse Ray but still won with another Earthquake. Swampert was back out against Armaldo and I just spammed Surf until it fainted. He sent out Claydol and set up Reflect/Light Screen while I continued to spam Surf. It eventually knocked out Swampert with Earthquake so I went to Flygon. The stupid thing was annoyingly difficult because of that combo and the fact that Steven kept healing it….3 times!!! After who knows how many Crunches and Dragon Claws it finally fainted. His last Pokemon was Metagross so I sent Golem out…but it fainted to a Meteor Mash. Then it used Hyper Beam against Camerupt and knocked it out. I went to Groudon and used Earthquake…….CRITICAL HIT OHKO!!! Player defeated Champion Steven!

Final Team
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Doing a sapphire fire type monotype, my combusken beat roxanne without being hit
    3DS Friend Code 4270-0407-8371

Friend Safari:Kirlia, Floette(Blue) and Jigglypuff

Quote Originally Posted by ricedonut View Post
    Gex, level 31
    The Steve, level 31
    Marijuana, level 30
    ThornyTITS, level 26
    Lileep, level 21 (Nickname suggestions would be appreciated)
    Aren't you gonna use Shiftry? Anyways, Lileep could be named Helianthus. Helianthus is Latin for sunflower.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

I started my first monotype ever today and... It's awesome, it's way more challenging and cool than a normal playthrough. I started a water monotype on LeafGreen. I'm curently at Vermillion city. Brock was really easy to beat and Misty wasn't a problem, I'm not sure that Surge will be the same though. So thats my current team for now :

Lv.28 Wartortle

Lv.17 Magikarp

I'm also thinking of making a normal or fire monotype on FireRed and probably a grass monotype on either emerald or saphire.
    Last edited by XAssGodX; 11th July 2012 at 4:19 AM.
    Current Challenges :
    Leaf Green - Water Monotype

Surge will completely destroy you.. there is no way you will beat him unless you overlevel by like.. 15lvls so you outspeed and overpower him.

I'm not at Surge yet, i'm now starting S.S Anne with this team :

Lv.30 Wartortle
    Lv.20 Gyarados

Can Gyarados learn fly ?
    Current Challenges :

Finished S.S Anne, caught a Meowth as HM slave, now I'm going to the 3rd gym, time to face Lt. Surge !
    My curent team :
    Lv.31 Wartortle
    Lv.25 Gyarados

Edit : I beat him,

Beat Voltorb using 2 times Dragon rage with Gyarados
    Dragon rage on Pikachu
    Dragon rage on Raichu, then it killed my Gyarados with Shock Wave
    Raichu Shock Wave on Wartortle
    Wartortle kill Raichu with Mega punch
    Last edited by XAssGodX; 12th July 2012 at 1:27 AM.
    Current Challenges :

After reading through this thread, I decided to start my own monotype.

Seeing as the vast majority of people think bug types are useless, I wanted to make a Bug type monotype (someone else is doing one too, but oh well) on Fire Red. I didn't want to double post due to the fact this thread doesn't seem too active, so I waited until I was at a point where I needed some feedback/advice. As there's only 5 bugs (until after the E4) I knew what my final team was from the very start.

I chose Squirtle as my starter, as I thought the Bulbasaur line would be the easiest to take on with my Bugs. I went straight to Viridian Forest and caught myself a Weedle and a Caterpie. I then ditched Squirtle and started training these two up - Brock would be tough, but I had a plan. I trained them both up to the point where Butterfree learned Sleep Powder, and defeated Brock with a combination of Sleep Powder and Confusion. The first badge was mine.

I entered Mt Moon and picked up the second member of my team, Paras. I trained him up to the level of Butterfree and Beedrill and taught Paras the Bullet Seed TM. This made navigation throughout Mt Moon pretty easy and soon I reached Cerulean City. The guy who named his rival Justin after Justin Beiber gave me a bit of a laugh, so after decimating my very own Justin and taking on Nugget Bridge, I arrived at Bill's house, helped turn the poor guy back into a person and he gave me the S.S. Anne ticket. Misty was pretty easy, I used the old Sleep Powder + Confusion tactic and Paras' Bullet Seed came in handy too. I beat the Rocket, got Dig and headed down the Underground Path to Vermilion.

After doing a bit of training, I boarded the S.S. Anne, making sure I picked up every item and beat every trainer. I took on Justin again, got Cut and took on Surge. I got my hands a little dirty rummaging around in bins for switches, and eventually got to Surge. My pokemon were about 6-7 levels higher than his at this stage, I guess the grinding before Brock and fighting every trainer helped out a lot. It was pretty easy and I picked up the Thunderbadge before heading through Diglett's Cave to pick up the Flash HM from one of Oak's aides (I swear he has more aides sitting in random places than actually helping out at the lab) before cutting down the tree to the east of Cerulean and heading towards the Rock Tunnel.

Being overleveled and with some type advantages, Rock Tunnel posed no threat and soon I was in Lavender Town, where I beat my rival before heading to Celadon City via the Underground Path. I saw they had a Scyther available for 5,500 coins, so with the 50 coins I picked up from generous people, I got to work. I (eventually, and without buying more coins) reached the 5,500 and got my Scyther! I trained him up in the Rocket base underneath the Game Corner and soon he was on par with the rest of my team. I went back to Lavender and beat Pokemon Tower, getting me the Poke Flute, which I used to awake a Snorlax and head down to some grass to catch a Venonat, who I trained to evolve into Venomoth.

Silph Co. fell as easily as the Game Corner, and then I headed back to Celadon to beat Erika’s gym. It was pretty simple and I collected my fourth badge without a lot of trouble. I headed down Cycling Road to Fuchsia City, and used the trainers on Cycling Road and Route 12/13 for some training before taking on Koga. It was odd that the majority of the grunts had Psychic type pokemon, as Koga himself did not have a single one, but I promptly dispatched the grunts and Koga before heading back to Saffron, where I beat Sabrina with similarly little trouble. I went through Diglett’s Cave and back to Pallet Town where I surfed to Cinnibar.

I trekked through Pokemon Mansion to get the Key, then took on Blaine. This was the gym I was most worried about, but a combination of Venomoth and Butterfree confusing and putting his pokemon to sleep enabled me to emerge victorious. Bill arrived to take me to the Sevii Islands, where I saved a girl from a Hypno. Unfortunately, Six Island was not available at this point – I would have to wait before I could get my hands on a Heracross.

I headed back to Viridian, where I took on Giovanni’s gym. Butterfree’s and Venomoth’s Psybeam took care of the Poison types, Beedrill’s Brick Break took care of the Rock/Ground types like Rhyhorn, while Scyther was on hand to clear up anyone who didn’t fit into either parameter. I headed west out of Viridian towards Victory Road, where my rival again thought he could beat me. He was proved wrong once more, and I headed through Victory Road to Indigo Plateau. My current team, as I prepare for the Pokemon League challenge:

Venomoth level 54
    Psychic
    Poison Powder
    Sleep Powder
    Supersonic

Parasect level 54
    Giga Drain
    Slash
    Spore
    Stun Spore

Scyther level 54
    Wing Attack
    Slash
    Agility
    Swords Dance

Butterfree level 51
    Psybeam
    Silver Wind
    Sleep Powder
    Supersonic

Beedrill level 51
    Brick Break
    Twineedle
    Agility
    Endeavor

I’m thinking of using my Psychic TM on Butterfree, and maybe giving Beedrill another offensive move. Similarly, as I don’t really use Venomoth’s Poison Powder, I could swap it for a good STAB move.

Sorry it's so long.

wow it's been a while...
    Anyways, still doing my Emerald dark monotype run, the Princes of Hell

Belphagor, the lazy one. Now lvl 41
    Moves:
    Fake Out
    Cut
    Shadowball
    Faint Attack
    .:. Still proving the best of the team, able to Fake Out and then hit pretty hard with Shadowball and previously night shade.

Leviathan, the creep from the deep
    Moves:
    Surf
    Crunch
    Slash
    Protect
    .:. got the most powerful dark type attack right now, so kinda my go to guy to take things out fast.

Mammon, hoarder of the desert
    Moves:
    Leech Seed
    Faint Attack
    Absorb
    Growth
    .:. meh, idk. He's good to go up against water types, so the last gym shouldnt be a problem.

Asmodeus, lustful disaster
    Moves:
    Quick Attack
    Bite
    Swords Dance
    Taunt
    .:. With Quick Attack he's my revenge killer, and if I get a swords dance up he can do a little more with Quick Attack...

Beelzebub, prince of hunger and gluttony
    Moves:
    Surf
    Knock Off
    Protect
    Aerial Ace
    .:. Too bad physical and special moves were not introduced in 3rd gen, or I'd be more excited for Waterfall... at least it can flinch :P Still waiting on Crunch or something better than Knock Off

Lucifer, the one of pride
    Moves:
    Bite
    Sand Attack
    Howl
    Strength
    .:. Dead weight... death fodder

Now then. progress....
    Just sent Rayquaza flying, heading back to Sootopolis now to watch the battle play out and then beat Juan. Mammon should be able to take a few of them out, but Belphagor and others will have to help a lot, namely against that Sealo and the Kingdra. Been switching out Lucifer for some of my HM slaves as I cruise around the ocean routes. Much more useful anyways....
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Started a XD Normal Mono. Curently in Chiper's Lab, about to face Lovrina, and hopfuly capture a tird member for my team. Incredalbly hard, but Tediursas Pickup help. Almost lost when Researcher Enushi's Whynut used Counter on Tediursa knoking him out. Almost lost again when facing Naps, but Tedie got a luck crit and KOed Ryhorn. Preety shure I'll die to Loverina though .
    EDIT: Lost to Lovrina first tiime (Naps killed Eevee and left Tedi with 1 HP), beat her the second time around, Captured Delcaty, now I have 3 members . But like always Eevee died and I only won because I captured Delcatty, otherwise Delcaty would have beten Tedi (Eevee is male, so that sucks, but Tedi is female). After she stoped blabbing about the project, she ran off with the resercher and, for some starnge reason (like a lot of games) he droped somthing. I headed back to the lab and went off to purifie Delcaty. Afterwords I went back to Ciper's Lab to beat those Power Ranger wanna bes. After doing some grinding on MT. Battel, I headed to the purifacation chamber, ignored all the words and doing the pointless quests. Afterwords I went to the ONBS, battaling the trainers on the way, only to get interupted by Trudly and Folly, that was when I remembered why I played this game more than a few times....(to be contined). Current Team:
    Lvl. 25 (i chose the sun shard, so now every time he Lvl up he tries to evolve... that gets anoying)
    Takle
    Quick Attack
    Tail Wip
    Bite

Lvl. 25 (I got lucky on this one, Adamant Nature )
    Faint Attack
    Furry Swipes
    Return
    Refresh

Lvl 25 [Is it just me, or is her Emerald Sprit creepy] (This thing is Timid, yay)
    Secret Power
    Sweet Kiss
    Attract
    Shock Wave
    Last edited by 5221A; 10th September 2012 at 8:36 PM.

Restarted Ruby version for a Normal monotype run. Even with three Pokemon, the Rustboro gym was relatively challenging. After grinding the team up to level 18, I used a combination of Yawn and stat reducing moves to defeat Roxanne's Rock type Pokemon. Since the team was leveled up so much already, the Dewford gym wasn't as tough to beat, but there was still some more grinding and stat reducing involved.

Current Ruby Version Team:

Lin - Lv. 20/Male/Docile
    -Tackle
    -Sand-attack
    -Tail Whip
    -Headbutt

Dozer - Lv. 21/Male/Sassy
    -Scratch
    -Yawn
    -Encore
    -Slack Off

Vent - Lv. 20/Male/Bold
    -Pound
    -Uproar
    -Astonish
    -Howl

Started out doing a grass monotype on ruby, destroyed Roxanne and Brawly wasn't much of a challenge either. The team so far:

Shroomish lvl 21
    Grovyle lvl 18
    Nuzleaf lvl 18

Planning on getting a Vileplume, Cacturne and Tropius to bring team numbers up to 6

what would be a good challenge to do in ruby version?

besides grass and water type.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveicebeam View Post
    what would be a good challenge to do in ruby version?

besides grass and water type.
    maybe Ground.You can have Swampert,Camerupt,Claydol,Sandslash,Golem,Whiscash ,Flygon,Donphan,Rhydon,Nincada(who would use it???) and Groudon(If you use legendaries).
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    maybe Ground.You can have Swampert,Camerupt,Claydol,Sandslash,Golem,Whiscash ,Flygon,Donphan,Rhydon,Nincada(who would use it???) and Groudon(If you use legendaries).
    thanks for the suggestion, i think i will do a ground monotype game. i will start soon and post updates.

Okay, updating my two 3rd gen monotype challenges from the old thread:

Leaf Green: Flying, Trainer name: Avia
    Special Restrictions: No catching multiples for specific natures, first pokemon of each species is only one allowed to be used. Pokemon that evolve into the type I'm using are allowed, and must be evolved to the stage that has that type ASAP (prior evolutions may be held back for moves).

Current Location: Seafoam Islands

Current Badge Count: 6

Current Team:

M, Lonely - Drakky - Lv 37
    Twister
    Thunder Wave
    Agility
    Dragon Rage

F, Bold - Leviathan - Lv 37
    Bite
    Surf
    Leer
    Twister

M, Calm - Char - Lv 37
    Flamethrower
    Metal Claw
    Dig (TM, no longer allowed for other pokemon)
    Wing Attack

M, Timid - LeVar - Lv 37
    Psybeam
    Gust
    Supersonic
    Stun Spore

M, Serious - Birdy - Lv 37
    Wing Attack
    Quick Attack
    Fly (HM now barred from others)
    Featherdance

F, Hardy - CLEFABLE - Lv 11 (HM Slave)
    Flash
    Strength
    (Encore, Pound)

========
    ========

Ruby: Ground, Trainer name: Terra
    Special Restrictions: No catching multiples for specific natures, first pokemon of each species is only one allowed to be used. Pokemon that evolve into the type I'm using are allowed, and must be evolved to the stage that has that type ASAP (prior evolutions may be held back for moves).

In addition, the clock battery on the cartridge I'm playing on has died, so I have limited berry access, and no timed event access.

Current Location: Trick House

Current Badge Count: 5

Current Team:

F, Impish - TRAPINCH - Lv 24
    Bite
    Sand-Attack
    Faint Attack

Hasty - BALTOY - Lv 23
    Mud-Slap
    Psybeam
    Rock Tomb
    Selfdestruct

M, Hardy - NUMEL - Lv 27
    Ember
    Tackle
    Magnitude
    Focus Energy

M, Naive - Hard Rock - Lv 31
    Rock Throw
    Tackle
    Magnitude
    Selfdestruct

M, Bold - Jazz - Lv 32
    Surf
    Tackle
    Mud Shot
    Take Down

M, Docile - NUZLEAF - Lv 16 (HM Slave)
    Strength
    Flash
    Cut
    Rock Smash
    Last edited by Darryl; 14th October 2012 at 6:51 AM.

Wow, it's been a while since I kept up with my Monotype challenge. I got back on LeafGreen version and I continued to travel towards the Seafoam Islands since I was on my way to Cinnabar Island. I arrived at the islands and I entered the caverns. I decided to take the opportunity to train my Pokemon as well as capture a new Water-type. I encountered a few Seel while there, but I didn't think I needed one, so I continued to wander through the cave. At last I found something good: a Slowbro. Weakening it was tough though, and I wasted many Ultra Balls trying to capture it. I finally succeeded and then I proceeded to push some boulders around to change the water currents inside the cave. I managed to exit the cave eventually, and I Surfed toward Cinnabar Island. I battled some trainers along the way, and then I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center when I arrived.

- Blastoise level 45
    - Gyarados level 43
    - Vaporeon level 42
    - Seaking level 39
    - Lapras level 35
    - Slowbro level 33

After failing in my two attempts of monotype challenges in Pearl (Psychic) and Black (Dark), I decided to try with a Generation III game, because it is been a lot of time since I played them and I will most likely not get bored before finishing it. I was unsure if I would do a Rock monotype challenge or a Flying one, but I decided to go with the birds. I will try a Rock-Type one in Emerald after, since there are better Pokémon of this type in the said game. I am playing Pokémon Leaf Green, by the way. Sooo...

- I started the game
    - Picked up Charmander
    - Beat Green
    - Caught a Pidgey
    - Stored Charmander
    - Spent more than an hour leveling it up from level 3 to 16
    - ...just to remember that it evolves on level 18.
    - Tried to beat Brock, didn't work out.
    - Went to catch a Caterpie, did it, spent more time leveling it up to level 10 and evolved it to Butterfree.
    - It learned Confusion. ^^
    - Caught a level 3 Spearow.
    - Beat Green again.
    - Tried to beat Brock once again. Lost again. D:
    - Tried one more time, but with a different strategy: Before beating Geodude, I used Harden to maximize my defenses.
    - Geodude is history. Used Confusion on Onix and it used Bind instead of Rock Tomb (yay!!~). More three Confusion and it went down.
    - Got the Boulderbadge.

Now I am going to evolve Pidgey and go to Cerulean after. Next Pokémon I will be catching: Magikarp.
    My team so far:

Pidgey lvl. 16
    Moveset: Tackle, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Gust.

Butterfree lvl. 11
    Moveset: Tackle, String Shot, Harden, Confusion.

Spearow lvl. 3
    Moveset: Peck, Growl.

It is update time :3

- I bought a Magikarp, level 5.
    - Boxed the Spearow.
    - Went to the Rock Tunnel, battled all the trainers in there
    - I used the "strategy" of putting Magikarp in the first slot and switching it for other Pokémon in every battle, in order to level it up faster
    - Didn't help much, I wasted HOURS leveling that **** up -_-
    - It is level 18 now, at least.
    - I found some TMs on the way, my Pokémon can't use most of them, though.
    - Arrived in Cerulean City, battled Gary again and easily defeated him.
    - Defeated all the trainers in the north part of the city and went to Bill's place.
    - Went to Cerulean Gym, tried to beat Misty... and failed miserably.
    - Decided to train a bit more and went to Route 11, after Vermilion.
    - Defeated some trainers, Magikarp finally evolved to Gyarados
    - Went once again to Cerulean Gym and finally defeated Misty, thanks to Gyarados' Bite.
    - Got the Cascadebadge.

Team so far:

Pidgey lvl. 23
    Moveset: Tackle, Whirlwind, Quick Attack, Gust.

Butterfree lvl. 21
    Moveset: Tackle, Supersonic, Sleep Powder, Confusion.

Gyarados lvl. 20
    Moveset: Secret Power, Tackle, Bite, Water Pulse.

Next buddy I will catch is most likely the Zapdos at Power Plant. I would like to catch a Scyther, but it is unavailable in Leaf Green :|

Not much happened since my last update, but here we go:

- Went to SS. Anne and battled every single trainer in there, including that Green moron, who keeps thinking he is stronger, although he lost all the battles as of now.
    - Got the HM01, Cut.
    - Went to catch a HM slave to use it and caught a Bellsprout for that reason.
    - I went back to Cerulean to battle some trainers east from there, since I have the HM to cut the threes now.
    - Leveled up some of my Pokémon
    - Caught a new Spearow, level 13 and evolved it.
    - Caught a Zubat, level 15 and put it on the Daycare.
    - Went to Vermilion once again in order to battle Lt. Surge.
    - That Gym Puzzle doesn't cease to piss me off, by the way.
    - The battle started, I ordered Butterfree to use Sleep Powder, Supersonic and Confusion on his Voltorb and she did it, winning the battle.
    - His Pikachu entered the battle and defeated my butterfly with a Shock Wave. Gyarados went on rampage to revenge his fallen comrade...
    - ...and defeated Pikachu with a single Water Pulse.
    - Surge's last and signature Pokémon, Raichu, took both Gyarados and Fearow down with easiness, leaving me only with Pidgeotto.
    - Instead of attacking, I used my only revive to bring Gyarados back and I also used a Super Potion on him.
    - Pidgeotto fainted due to a Shock Wave attack and Gyarados took Raichu out, again, with a Water Pulse.
    - Got the Thunderbadge and the Shock Wave TM.
    - Went to take the HM05 (Flash) and taught it to Bellsprout.
    - Passed through that awful Rock Tunnel, battled lots of trainers, Geodude and Zubat.
    - Arrived at Lavender Town, healed my team and save the game. That is all for now.

Team so far:

Nami, the Pidgeotto - lvl. 29

Miki, the Butterfree - lvl. 26
    Moveset: Tackle, Supersonic, Sleep Powder, Confusion.

Xendu, the Gyarados - lvl. 28
    Moveset: Secret Power, Dragon Rage, Bite, Water Pulse.

Lisa Lisa, the Fearow - lvl. 20
    Moveset: Peck, Pursuit, Leer, Fury Attack.

At the Daycare:

Homura, the Zubat - lvl. 15~1x?

Next stop: Celadon City, where my Pidgeotto will probably evolve after soloing the 4th Gym.

Part four.

- After healing my team, I went to Celadon City and leveled up my Pidgeotto from level 29 to 34 in the route between the two places.
    - It was time for another Gym Battle. I beat all the trainers in Erika's Gym and Pidgeotto evolved to Pidgeot before facing the leader.
    - Pidgeot OHKO'd every Pokémon from Erika's Team and I got the Rainbowbadge.
    - She gave me the Giga Drain TM and I taught it for my Butterfree.
    - I took the HM03, Fly and the Coin Case, before leaving the city.
    - I taught Fly to my Fearow and I went back to Cerulean, in order to tack my Zubat from the Daycare. She was at level 21.
    - In Lavender again, I went to the tower, because I forgot what I had to do after beating Erika.
    - For my surprise, Green appeared and challenged me to a battle. It was easy, since his strongest Pokémon wasn't even in the level 30 and my Pidgeot was at level 38.
    - Zubat evolved to Golbat after the battle and learned Wing Attack.
    - I defeated all the trainers in the tower and Golbat is now at level 29.
    - I remembered where I could find the Sylph Scope and since I couldn't do much without the item, I decided to go to the Rocket Hideout.
    - My Golbat solo'd almost every Grunt in there and fainted a bit before the battle against Giovanni, due to a Koffing's Explosion.
    - Time to face the Team Rocket Boss... And it was absurdly easy, Gyarados took care of Onix and Rhyhorn while Pidgeot defeated Kanghaskan.
    - Giovanni gave me the Scope, I saved the game and called it a day.

Now I am wondering if I should catch 70 Pokémon in order to get an upgrade for my Pokédex... I need it to evolve Golbat to Crobat. :<
    Next stops: Lavender Town and Fuchsia City.

Team so far:

Nami, the Pidgeot - lvl. 39

Homura, the Golbat - lvl. 30
    Moveset: Bite, Astonish, Wing Attack, Supersonic.

Miki, the Butterfree - lvl. 26
    Moveset: Giga Drain, Supersonic, Sleep Powder, Confusion.

Xendu, the Gyarados - lvl. 29
    Moveset: Secret Power, Dragon Rage, Bite, Water Pulse.

Lisa Lisa, the Fearow - lvl. 20
    Moveset: Peck, Pursuit, Fly, Fury Attack.

HM Slave, the Bellsprout - lvl. ?
    Moveset: Cut, Flash, ?, ?

After arriving in Cinnabar Island, I headed over to the lab and I talked to some of the people inside. I was able to revive my fossil, then I went to the local Poke Mart and I bought some items there. I then decided to train for the Cinnabar Island Gym challenge, so I went to the Pokemon Mansion that was right there on the island. I battled some wild Pokemon on the first floor, then I climbed the stairs and I found some other rooms. I used the Mewtwo statues switches to change the doors around the mansion, and I found some new areas. I collected items, then I went down and located some trainers (mostly Burglars). I battled my way around the floor until I located the Secret Key that would unlock the Cinnabar Island Gym. I stayed inside the mansion anyway, just to train my Pokemon some more. I headed out 30 minutes later and I healed my Pokemon before saving the game.

- Blastoise level 46
    - Gyarados level 44
    - Vaporeon level 43
    - Seaking level 40
    - Lapras level 38
    - Slowbro level 36

Part five.

- After getting the scope, I went again to the tower, battled some Gastly, the deceased Marowak and some Team Rocket grunts.
    - The old man gave me the Pokeflute, so I went to Route 12 in order to wake Snorlax up.
    - I did it and I also caught the monster, since I plan to use it in my next challenge.
    - I battled some of the trainers, avoiding most of them, on Route 12~15... I plan to battle them all after to level my future Aerodactyl.
    - I arrived at Fuchsia City and went directly to the Safari Zone.
    - I caught a level 27 Doduo at there.
    - And I also got the HM03, Surf.
    - Before going to the Power Plant, I decided to challenge the Gym already. It wasn't that hard, thanks to Butterfree's Psybeam.
    - I got the Soulbadge.
    - After that, I taught Surf to Gyarados and went ASAP to the Power Plant, in order to capture Zapdos.
    - After a long time trying to, I did it.
    - I boxed Doduo and substituted it for Zapdos in my team.
    - I saved the game and called it a day.

Team so far:

Miki, the Butterfree - lvl. 35
    Moveset: Giga Drain, Gust, Sleep Powder, Psybeam.

Thunder, the Zapdos - lvl. 50
    Moveset: Fly, Shock Wave, Double Team, Thunder Wave.

Nami, the Pidgeot - lvl. 40
    Moveset: Featherdance, Whirlwind, Aerial Ace, Gust.

Xendu, the Gyarados - lvl. 35
    Moveset: Secret Power, Dragon Rage, Bite, Surf.

Homura, the Golbat - lvl. 30
    Moveset: Bite, Astonish, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray.

HM Slave, the Bellsprout - lvl. 13
    Moveset: Cut, Flash, Wrap, Vine Whip.

I really want to do a monotype in leafgreen. Any suggestions?
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    I really want to do a monotype in leafgreen. Any suggestions?
    Water or Flying, if you want more versatility/Bug or Rock if want a really challenging monotype run.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast