Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I received some Poke Balls from May after I got the Pokedex from Professor Birch and I spoke to my mother and received the Running Shoes as well which would make traveling around Hoenn a lot faster. I headed north and wandered through Route 101 again and battled more wild Pokemon, then after healing my Mudkip in Oldale Town again, I went to Route 103 and searched the tall grass for a wild Wingull. I caught one after looking around for five minutes and I worked on leveling it up as well. I went back to Oldale Town and then west into Route 102. I battled against a Youngster and some other trainers and I caught a wild Lotad for my team as well. I headed further west towards Petalburg City and saved upon arrival.

- Mudkip Lv. 9
    - Wingull Lv. 7
    - Lotad Lv. 6

I didnt have internet access to reply but i have now done a psychic challenge and gotten the following pokemon

starmie 47

jynx(the trade one) 45

Mr.Mime 45

kadabra 49

I just beat koga and i am off to cinnabar island

I visited the Petalburg City Pokemon Center upon arrival there and then I headed out to purchase items at the Poke Mart and then I visited the Petalburg City Gym after visiting various other houses in town. I spoke to my dad inside and we were soon joined by a kid named Wally who was supposed to capture his first Pokemon. My dad lent a Zigzagoon to him and I was put in charge of helping him capture a Pokemon. I tagged along with him to Route 103 and he encountered a wild Ralts and successfully captured it. I headed back to Petalburg City after that, then I went west out to Route 104. I battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass and battled some trainers as well. I collected berries too, then I saved the game.

- Mudkip Lv. 10
    - Wingull Lv. 8
    - Lotad Lv. 8

I recently continued with my Normalmonotype playthrough in FireRed. I started off at the point where I got Noppes the Meowth, which is just after Misty, with a team ranging from 20-22. At the end of the day, I have beaten Erica with a team from all 35.
    First of all, I decided to ditch my Fearow, as it isn't really mt Pokemon. I got the Farfetch'd instead, and it fits beautifully in my team. Lt Surge was almost a sweep from Luna the Clefairy, and Erica was easily beaten with a combo of all my Pokemon.
    Next up, I need to catch the Snorlax for my team:

Current team:

Joey lv 35
    Luna lv 35
    Noppes lv 35
    CH'DING lv 35

Permanently Boxed

Kenya lv22

EDIT: I did a lot since last time. I revamped my movesets, caught a Kangaskhan named Roo and a Snorlax named FattyPatty, and everybody is level 42 right now, and I have just beaten Koga and cuaght Zapdos and I am on my way to Articuno

Team:

Joey lv 42
    Luna lv 42
    Noppes lv 42
    CH'DING lv 42
    FattyPatty lv 42
    Roo lv42

I hope to be finished next time, although I might not be. The last time, I will put up the movesets, natures etc
    Last edited by Shiny Swalot; 23rd March 2014 at 2:51 PM.
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

After battling on Route 104, I returned to Petalburg City and healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and I bought some more items at the Poke Mart as well before heading out to Route 104. I headed north and I entered the Petalburg Woods. I battled some wild Shroomish, Slakoth, Silcoon, and Cascoon as I moved around the forest, then I eventually met a Devon Corporation employee who was being bothered by a Team Aqua grunt. I battled against the Team Aqua grunt and beat his Poochyena with Mudkip, then I obtained a Great Ball from the Devon Corp. employee and I continued to wander around. I left the Petalburg Woods after beating wild Pokemon and I arrived outside of the flower shop on Route 104.

- Mudkip Lv. 12
    - Wingull Lv. 10
    - Lotad Lv. 10

Poison monotype! In Firered!

Planned team:

Venusaur
    Venomoth
    Arbok
    Nidoking
    Golbat
    Vileplume

Wish me luck guys! ^^
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

Upon arrival at the northern part of Route 104, I received the Bullet Seed TM from a guy and then I headed into the nearby flower shop. Once inside, I obtained the Wailmer Pail key item from the flower shop's manager and I went outside to collect some berries. I planted some berries in the soft soil and I walked along Route 104 and battled against a Lady and her Zigzagoon. I also battled against a Lass and her Lotad and Shroomish and then I arrived at a bridge that went over a pond and I battled some Twins. After my Lotad and Wingull beat their Seedot and Lotad, I arrived at the other side of the pond and battled a Fisherman and his Magikarp. I then walked north into Rustboro City and I saved the game there.

- Mudkip Lv. 13
    - Wingull Lv. 11
    - Lotad Lv. 11

Just a quick update. Been training a bit in the Sevii Islands lately, and did some other story stuff. Next up is Giovanni. Can someone please tell me if I am levelled enough?

Also, Luna evolved into a Clefable ^^

Joey lv 50
    Luna lv 50
    Noppes lv 50
    CH'DING lv 50
    FattyPatty lv 50
    Roo lv 50
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

I healed my Pokemon at the Rustboro City Pokemon Center, then I visited the Poke Mart and bought several items inside. I headed out to explore more of the city afterwards and I visited the Cutter's house and got the Cut HM there. I also visited the Pokemon Trainer's School and I spoke to the students and then I obtained a Quick Claw from the teacher. I wandered into more buildings around Rustboro City and I received more items including a Premier Ball from a kid. I then headed back south to Route 104 and the Petalburg Woods in order to train my Pokemon for the upcoming Gym battle against Roxanne. I worked on training Wingull and Lotad specifically since they were a bit under-leveled at the moment.

- Mudkip Lv. 14
    - Wingull Lv. 12
    - Lotad Lv. 12

Hey all, going to start up a fire red file and wanted to join in on the challenge. I want to use a mono type, but not sure wich to go, i like Fire tho
    Last edited by NidokingJ; 15th June 2014 at 10:07 PM.
    Sarkhan

Tortarus Malfegor GlacierExpediaLucifer Optimus

I battled Roxanne at the Rustboro City Gym and I used Wingull against her Geodude. I eventually managed to defeat Roxanne's Geodude with a Water Gun attack and then I had to battle against her Nosepass and I used Mudkip against it. I managed to score a critical hit Water Gun, but Nosepass didn't faint until the second attack. I defeated Roxanne and obtained the Stone Badge from her as well as the Rock Tomb TM. I left the Gym to heal at the Pokemon Center, but then I had to help recover the Wingull that had been kidnapped. I headed for Rusturf Tunnel to stop Team Aqua, and battled some trainers along the way there. I battled a wild Taillow and a wild Nincada and I saved before entering the cave.

- Mudkip Lv. 15
    - Wingull Lv. 14
    - Lotad Lv. 13
    Last edited by Lorde; 30th June 2014 at 10:58 PM.

Default Phase One: Type Choosing

Since the 3rd gen single Pokémon thread seems more than dead, I will use my Ruby game for a monotype.

Not sure what type, so the first person to answer is the type I am gonna go with. I would prefer to not use a starter, even if the type is Grass/Fire/Fighting/Water/Ground. I await your decision!

EDIT: I would prefer a type that is available BEFORE the first gym, please!
    Last edited by Joth; 30th June 2014 at 5:00 PM.
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -
    Friend Code: 0576 - 5970 - 2604

PM before you add me!

poison is a cool type, I am doing one too with Dustox, Vileplume, Crobat, Tentacruel, Weezing and Swalot
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee

I would do Poison, but there are only limited amounts of them in Hoenn, and I don't want to steal your team...

Therefore I shall be doing a Normal type run. I randomly selected a type and that is what I landed on.

THE TEAM:
    Linoone: Weebl
    Zangoose: Zoro
    Slaking: Ceaser
    Girafarig: Two-Face
    Dodrio: Gemini
    Castform: Channel 3 (lawlz hax)

I will post again when I get to Rustborough city!
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -

PM before you add me!

I entered Rusturf Tunnel and I saw a Team Aqua grunt inside. I battled him and once I won that match, I managed to save Pecko. Afterwards, I went to Devon Corp and I received a Letter from the president. I was supposed to take it to Steven Stone on Dewford island, so I healed at the local Pokemon Center and headed south towards Petalburg City. I got to Mr. Briney's house along the way and he said that he'd take me to Dewford Town. We crossed the sea and we got there quickly. I wandered around Dewford Town, and I decided to visit the city hall. I changed the trendy saying and I prepared to head for Granite Cave to give Steven Stone the letter from his father. I saved at the Pokemon Center after healing.

- Marshtomp Lv. 16
    - Wingull Lv. 14
    - Lotad Lv. 13

Default Episode 1: New Beginnings

NOTABLE HAPPENINGS:
    -Chose Treeko, but released it after I caught Weebl the Zigzagoon.
    -Got Weebl to Lv. 5.
    -Helped Wally catch his Pokémon.
    -Caught Cesar the Slakoth, but he was a Timid nature, so I then caught Your Mom, who had a much more satisfactory nature.
    -Chose to use another Linoone as a HM slave later on, unless I can have a non-Normal type HM user? Can someone help me out on that? I am just going by the normal rules.
    -Will use a Swellow at least until I can catch a Doduo, unless his preformance is satisfactory.

I started my adventure and rescued Birch and all that jazz, until May gave me the Pokéballs, then I went and caught myself a Zigzagoon whom I named Weebl. I then released Treeko, and started leveling Weebl up. Later, I went to Petalburg City, and there I visited my Dad's gym and helped a boy named Wally catch his very own Pokémon. My dad told me to head to Rustbourough city, and to challenge it's gym. He told me that when I could show him four gym badges, then he would battle me. To get to Rustborough, I had to travel through Petalburg woods. There I met Cesar and Your Mom the Slakoths, but only Your Mom showed the aptitude to be able to preform well on my team. Weebl, Your Mom, and I kept on trekking on towards Rustbourough, to the Gym, to my destiny. We trained along the way, and met naught but Pokémon and the odd Bug Catcher until we reached the very heart of the forest, where we happened upon a Devon worker. After a few moments, an oddly dressed thug claimed to have been waiting in ambush for the Devon worker. I put him in his place, and the Devon worker gave me a Great Ball in thanks. I soon arrived in the city, where I saved my game.

THE TEAM:
        Spoiler:

BOXED:
        Spoiler:

PROGRESS:
        Spoiler:
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -

PM before you add me!

After leaving the Dewford Town Pokemon Center, I headed out to Granite Cave. I got to the shore near there and I battled a couple of Fisherman trainers. I then went inside Granite Cave where I managed to use Flash to light the way. I encountered a couple wild Pokemon like Aron and Makuhita and I battled them all for more experience. I then trained the rest of the way, using Flash to guide my way through the cave. I eventually got to the end of the cavern and I met Steven Stone there. I gave him the Letter from his father and then he rewarded me with a TM. He left the cave and then I left back to Dewford Town's Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. I then headed for the Dewford Gym and I saved once inside.

- Marshtomp Lv. 18
    - Wingull Lv. 16
    - Lombre Lv. 15

Going to start a Bug Ruby Monotype for my first challenge here!

~ Stone Badge ~
        Spoiler:

~ Knuckle Badge ~
        Spoiler:

~ Dynamo Badge ~
        Spoiler:

~ Heat Badge ~
        Spoiler:

~ Current Team ~
    Argognat - Level 27 - Everstone - Bubblebeam, Thief, Double Team, Water Sport
    Nils - Level 26 - Soft Sand - Dig, Fury Cutter, Double Team, Swords Dance
    Ninian - Level 26 - Silk Scarf - Secret Power, Fury Cutter, Double Team, Screech

~ HM Slaves ~
    Spartacus - Strength
    Django - Cut, Rock Smash

~ Boxed ~
    Wormy - Level 19 - Miracle Seed - Gust, Absorb, Poison Sting, Stun Spore
    Last edited by Dr. Slavic; 3rd July 2014 at 12:15 AM.

Completed Challenges:
    Ruby Bug Monotype

I finally entered the Dewford Gym and I battled the first Gym trainer there and I had a tough time against his Fighting-type Pokemon. I tried using Wingull for the most part, but things still weren't easy. I managed to beat him and moved on to the next Gym trainer, but that battle was tough too. I decided to leave the Dewford Town Gym and heal my team at the local Pokemon Center again. I then went off to Granite Cave to train my team some more. I battled some Zubat and Makuhita while in the cave and I trained for a while. I saved as I left to heal my team at the local Pokemon Center again.

- Marshtomp Lv. 20
    - Wingull Lv. 17
    - Lombre Lv. 16

Ok, my Ruby save file was deleted by my little sis, and poof went my normal mono, so I am starting a Flying mono in Leaf Green!

PLANNED TEAM:
    - Smaug the Charizard
    - Bird Jesus the Pidgeot (Love Twitch Plays Pokemon!)
    - Colossus the Butterfree
    - Cupcake the Gyrados
    - Hammond the Aerodactyl
    - Ryu the Dragonite

---POST #2---

Overview:
    -Started new game
    -Chose Charmander (AKA Smaug.)
    -Lost to Xman (My rival,) do to a critical hit
    -Pidgey (AKA Bird Jesus,) get!
    -Wiped the floor with Xman and his smug-*** Squirtle at Indigo Plateau
    -Caterpie (AKA Colossus,) get!
    -Colossus-->Metapod-->Butterfree
    -Boulderbadge get! (Details below.)
    -Smaug-->Charmeleon
    -Purchased Cupcake the Magikarp
    -Got (But probably won't revive,) the Helix Fossil from Mt. Moon
    -Creamed Xman
    -Tanked Nugget Bridge with Smaug
    -Bird Jesus-->Pidgeotto

Currently training for Cerulean Bridge. Sorry for the delay and WALL OF TEXT, but I was trying to hold off for as long as I could so I could make a new post, but alas...

XMAN BATTLE #1
        Spoiler:

XMAN BATTLE #2
        Spoiler:

Brock
        Spoiler:

So yep, the first day of my adventure draws to a close!

THE TEAM:
        Spoiler:

BOXED:
        Spoiler:

PROGRESS:
        Spoiler:

I'll probably update before I challenge Surge and after the S.S. Anne, but until then, see ya.
    Last edited by Joth; 3rd July 2014 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention that Bird Jesus evolved.
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -

PM before you add me!

I headed back to the Dewford Town Gym and I battled the last Gym trainers in there and then I got to Brawly's location. I challenged him despite my Pokemon still not being trained as much as I had wanted, but the battle went better than I expected. I beat Brawly's Machop with my Marshtomp and then I had to fight against Brawly's Makuhita. That battle was a bit more tedious and I managed to beat Brawly's Makuhita after swapping out to Lombre and finishing it off with my Wingull afterwards. I got the Knuckle Badge and the TM containing Bulk Up from Gym Leader Brawly and I headed to the Pokemon Center once more to heal my injured Pokemon. I finished doing stuff at the PC and I saved before leaving Dewford.

- Marshtomp Lv. 20
    - Wingull Lv. 17
    - Lombre Lv. 17

Second update! Some of the bosses, like Norman and Tate & Liza are really tricky for this run, but surprisingly, I had little trouble against Flannery and Winona.

~ Heat Badge ~

Spoiler:

~ Balance Badge ~

Spoiler:

~ Feather Badge ~

Spoiler:

~ Mind Badge ~

Spoiler:

~ Current Team ~
    Argognat - Level 35 - MysticWater - Bubblebeam, Thief, Double Team, Water Sport
    Nils - Level 35 - Amulet Coin - Slash, Aerial Ace, Double Team, Swords Dance
    Ninian - Level 35 - Silk Scarf - Secret Power, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Toxic
    Aegis - Level 35 - Hard Stone - Rock Tomb, Metal Claw, Water Gun, Protect
    Betsy - Level 34 - King's Rock - Revenge, Brick Break, Seismic Toss, Bulk Up
    Minerva - Level 34 - Brick Break, Horn Attack, Counter, Endure

~ HM Slaves ~
    Spartacus - Surf, Dive
    Stooge - Fly
    Django II - Strength, Rock Smash, Cut

~ Boxed ~
    Wormy - Level 19 - Miracle Seed - Gust, Absorb, Poison Sting, Stun Spore

Completed Challenges:
    Ruby Bug Monotype

After doing all the tasks on Dewford Island, I talked to Mr. Briney and we sailed again. We arrived south of Slateport City and I battled against the trainers on the beach. I obtained some Soda Pops at the beach house and then I left to the local Pokemon Center. I healed at the PC and then I headed outside to explore some more. I stopped by the Pokemon Fan Club next and then the Pokemon Contest hall and Stern's Shipyard as well. After collecting items and information, I headed for the Oceanic Museum where Team Aqua had taken over. I entered and I started battling Team Aqua grunts as I made my way in. I solved the issue there and I managed to give Capt. Stern the Devon Goods and I saved before leaving.

- Marshtomp Lv. 22
    - Wingull Lv. 18
    - Lombre Lv. 18

I'm kinda in a hurry, so I can't go into detail about the Boss fights, but I doubt anybody is reading my posts anyhow, because I am a nobody.

Overview:
    -Cupcake-->Gyarados
    -Cascadebadge get! (On second try, I was unprepared.)
    -Got Bike Voucher, Cut and Farfetch'd in Vermillion
    -Went through Digglet's Cave and got Flash, Old Amber, and went through Mt. Moon to teach Smaug Mega Kick
    -Thunderbadge get! (Also on second try. But it is a Flying mono, so I'm not surprised.)

Currently on my way to Rock Tunnel.

THE TEAM:
        Spoiler:

BOXED:
        Spoiler:

PROGRESS:
        Spoiler:
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -

PM before you add me!

I healed my Pokemon at the Slateport City PC and then I headed up north since I had gotten everything in Slateport City taken care of. I battled wild Electrike and Plusle on the route between Slateport City and Mauville City and I decided to add that to my team. I headed north and I battled against several trainers. I leveled up my Pokemon that way and then I stopped by the Trick House. I talked to the guy there and then I headed east since I had to walk all the way to Mauville City next. I battled some trainers there and then I met up with my rival. We had a quick rival battle there and then I got to Mauville City about 10 minutes later after having trained in the tall grass. I saved before going to the Pokemon Center.

- Marshtomp Lv. 24
    - Wingull Lv. 21
    - Lombre Lv. 20

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast