Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

I left the Rustboro City Gym after I won the Stone Badge from Roxanne there, and I quickly healed my Pokemon at the Rustboro City Pokemon Center. I bought some more items at the local Poke Mart there in town, and then I headed off north to the Devon Corporation area. I encountered a worker from there as I headed north, and I was assigned to rescue the stolen Wingull from Rusturf Tunnel. I headed there while battling the wild Pokemon along the way. After I battled some trainers around the entrance to the tunnel, I got inside and battled the Team Aqua grunt who had stolen the Wingull. After that, I returned to the Devon Corporation building and I got the Letter for Steven. I saved the game before leaving south to Petalburg City.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 18
    - Lotad level 13
    - Shroomish level 13

I went through to go to victory road but I realised I didn't have strength and rocksmash. So I quickly went back to go there before ending back at victory road. I put Rampage in the box because I thought he would be the least helpful in the challenge to make the elite 4. I made it all the way through with unfortunately Lazula dying . It was pretty tough seeing as I didn't have much move variety like I did with my poison monotype challenge.

I finally got the the first member of the elite 4. I always thought she was going to be the toughest. Target quickly made work of her Dewgong and Lazula helped target take out the rest of her pokemon. Bruno was no chance but he did manage to take out Lazula because of a brick break. Snooze took down the Onix's while Vacan took down the fighting Pokemon. Agatha was also a bit tricky. Blastoise helped for the ghost pokemon and Lazula took down Goldbat and Arbok. Lance was no problem. I was able to get my Rampage to dragon dance on his Gyarados 6 times and I took that down. Snooze took down Aerodactyl and Lazula took down the dragons.

Next was the champion. He was not even hard at all, except his Arcainine took down all my pokemon! Lucky I brought 40 revives with me so I finally managed to take him down. Target was the won that took it down.

So now I am CHAMPION! . I finally beat the water type mono challenge. It was way more difficult than the poison type challenge but wasn;t that hard. Next challenge I will probably use Normal or flying.

Anyways, Until next time.

Pools the Blastoise: 58
    Target the Powliwrath:53
    Rampage the Gyarados:50
    Vacan the Slowbro:52
    Lazula the Lapras: 53
    Snooze the Seadra:53
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I headed all the way south from Rustboro City after I took care of everything there. I stopped by the Petalburg Woods to train my Pokemon some more, and then I left to Petalburg City to heal. I did stuff at the Pokemon Center, and then I set off for Mr. Briney's cottage. We talked there and he agreed to take me to Dewford Island, where I had to challenge the Gym and give Steven his letter. We sailed for Dewford Island, and I headed for Granite Cave once we arrived there. I got the HM for Flash, and I made my way deep into the cave while battling tons of wild Pokemon. Lotad leveled up while it was battled a wild Makuhita, and it evolved into Lombre. I saved halfway through Granite Cave, since I got lost.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 19
    - Lombre level 15
    - Shroomish level 14

Going to start a water monotype challenge on Firered.

Started with a Squirtle (obviously) and trained to level 13 before picking up Oak's parcel. I saved here.
    Last edited by FlairGuy77; 2nd July 2011 at 10:53 PM.

I found a map of Granite Cave, and I managed to get to Steven's location within the cave. I gave him the letter from his father, and he gave me a TM for all my efforts. I left the cave, battling more Pokemon along the way, and I then healed at the Pokemon Center as I arrived in Dewford Town once more. Since Dewford Town didn't have a Poke Mart, I had to deal with the lack of items as I entered the Dewford Town Gym. I battled the first trainers within the Gym, and then I healed my Pokemon once again since they were a little injured from that first battle. I continued onwards in the Gym, battling the remaining Gym trainers as I proceeded towards Brawly. I healed my Pokemon once more before challenging him, and I saved at the Gym.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 20
    - Lombre level 17
    - Shroomish level 16

Okay gonna do this on emerald not sure what to use though
    im thinking Ground or Normal
    Edit just defeated brawly
    team
    Level 18
    Level 18
    Level 18
    Level 18
    Last edited by Dragotyner; 10th July 2011 at 9:32 PM.

I'm doing a grass monotype challenge in Sapphire. Here's my planned team:

- Sceptile
    - Ludicolo
    - Breloom
    - Cacturne
    - Cradily
    - Tropius

I know Tropius isn't very good, but I need something to fly on.

^ Click this for good times ^

I got to Brawly's location within the Dewford Town Gym, and I challenged him to a Pokemon battle. He sent out his Machop first, and I used Lombre since it was a bit more enduring. I had a rough time against Brawly's Machop though, even with Lombre on my side. I had to use Shroomish to finish it off, and then I swapped to Grovyle in order to counter Brawly's Makuhita. Surprisingly, its Fighting-type attacks did a lot of damage to Grovyle, and I had to heal it with Potion. I finally manage to score a good hit, and Makuhita fainted. I got the Knuckle Badge from Brawly as well as the TM containing the move Bulk Up. I left the Gym and I saved after healing my Pokemon.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 21
    - Lombre level 18
    - Shroomish level 17

Doing a Flying mono on my Leafgreen I suppose,

Caterpie level 5.
    Pidgey level 11.
    Charmander level 14

Before the 1st gym now. Gonna train a bit more.

Future team:

Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 16th July 2011 at 8:25 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Started my Mono Flying Type Challenge today on FireRed. Just got to Mt. Moon. Brock was pretty easy somehow. Lt. Surge might be hard but i can still do it. This is my team so far:

My future team:
    Last edited by pokemario24; 15th July 2011 at 8:24 PM.
    Wild Vanillite appeared!
    Go! Lickitung!
    Lickitung used Lick!
    Lickitung: Yummy Ice Cream!
    Vanillite: HOW DARE U TAKE A LICK OUT OF ME!
    Vanillite used Blizzard!
    Lickitung fainted!

White FC: 2236 9830 4301

I left Dewford Island once all of my Pokemon were healed after that tough Gym battle that I had against Brawly. I talked to Mr. Briney and he agreed to take me all the way to Slateport City. We sailed for a little while, and I arrived at the beach route right underneath Slateport City. I battled some trainers along the way, and then I stopped at the beach house to get some Soda Pop. There were more trainers within that house, so I also trained against them. I then headed north to Slateport, and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I then explored the city a little more. I went to the Pokemon Fan Club and then to the Contest Hall. I visited the market there, but I couldn't purchase much. I saved in front of the Oceanic Museum.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 22
    - Lombre level 19
    - Shroomish level 18

-Trained a bit.
    -Defeated Brock.
    -Got running boots.
    -Defeated all trainers on the way to Mt. Moon.
    -There my Metapod and Charmander evolved into Butterfree and Charmeleon ^.^
    -I decided to add the Magikarp later to my team, because training 4 pokemons at this stage is kind of hard.
    -Saved infront of Mt. Moon.

Team:

Butterfree Level 13
    -Tackle
    -String Shot
    -Poison Powder
    -Confusion

Pidgey Level 14
    -Tackle
    -Sand Attack
    -Gust
    -Quick Attack

Charmeleon Level 16
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Ember
    -Metal Claw
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 18th July 2011 at 11:49 AM.

I went into the Oceanic Museum in Slateport City, and I had to make my way through it while battling several Team Aqua grunts in the process. I eventually got everything resolved there, and I headed back to the Pokemon Center for one final healing session before I left town. I made my way north to the route between Mauville City and Slateport City. I battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass, but I couldn't capture any since they weren't Grass-types. I battled some trainers, and then I stepped into the Trick House. I left after investigating, and then I made my way towards Mauville City. I encountered my rival along the way, and after defeating them, I got to the northern entrance of Cycling Road. I walked some more and I saved as I arrived in Mauville City.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 24
    - Lombre level 20
    - Shroomish level 19

Hi i started a grass monotype in emerald a while and started with treecko,then i catched seedot(1% chance),lotad and shroomish.
    Then i headed to rustboro town and easilly defeated the gym completed team aqua's event,then i went to dewford town and i am training them to the battle against brawly.
    Team:

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/s4awzd.jpg[/IMG]
    credit to mew_
    Check my shop out for some great events
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=528410
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

A lot happened:
    -Went through the mt moon
    -Arrived at Cerulean
    -Decided to start training Magikarp aswell
    -Pidgey > Pidgeotto
    -Defeated rival
    -Went to Bill
    -Trained a bit for misty
    -Magikarp > Gyarados
    -Defeated Misty
    -Defeated Rocket
    -Arrived at vermillion city
    -Went to the ss. anna

Team:

Gyarados Level 22
    -Splash
    -Tackle
    -Bite
    -Water Pulse

Butterfree Level 21
    -Tackle
    -Stun Spore
    -Sleep Powder
    -Confusion

Pidgeotto Level 22
    -Whirlwind
    -Sand Attack
    -Gust
    -Quick Attack

Charmeleon Level 25
    -Scratch
    -Smokescreen
    -Ember
    -Metal Claw
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 3rd August 2011 at 11:32 AM.

I healed at the Mauville City Pokemon Center when I arrived there, and then I went shopping for items at the local Poke Mart. After that, I went around exploring the city a little bit, although I didn't find much. I headed to the Mauville City Gym, and I encountered Wally and his father. I battled against Wally there in front of the Gym, and then I entered it once he and his father had left. I battled some of the Gym trainers, although I admit that I ran into some problems since I only had three Pokemon, and despite them being resistent to Electric-type moves, I couldn't really land any good hits. I had to leave after defeated three of the Gym trainers, and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center again. I trained by Cycling Road a bit more, and after 20 minutes of grinding, I headed back to the Gym.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 25
    - Lombre level 22
    - Shroomish level 21

-Got Hm01
    -Defeated the 3rd gym
    -Got Hm05
    -Entered Rock tunnel
    -Arrived at lavender town
    -defeated rival
    -Arrived at Celadon city
    -Defeated Erika
    -Defeated rocket hideout - giovani
    -saved in pokemon tower
    -Defeated team rocket in the pokemon tower
    -Got a Dratini
    -Trained Dratini a bit

Dratini Level 27
    -Leer
    -Thunder Wave
    -Twister
    -Dragon Rage

Gyarados Level 33
    -Dragon Rage
    -Tackle
    -Bite
    -Water Pulse

Butterfree Level 31
    -Aerial Ace
    -Stun Spore
    -Sleep Powder
    -Confusion

Pidgeotto Level 33
    -Whirlwind
    -Wing Attack
    -Gust
    -Quick Attack

Charmeleon Level 35
    -Scratch
    -Brick Break
    -Flamethrower
    -Metal Claw
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 3rd August 2011 at 11:34 AM.

I wanna do a monotype challenge on Ruby, psychic type, BUT OTHER MEMBERS CAN PICK 3 OF THE POKEMON!!!

I think I'll go with
    Gardevoir
    Solrock
    Kadabra

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Jacobthepokemonfreak, go with a Natu/Xatu because you'll need a flyer.

Right now, I am doing a Grass monotype in Sapphire (which seems like quite a common one, actually). I'm currently at three badges and am in Fallabor Town right now. My team right now consists of:

Lombre, Lvl 27, Fake Out, Growl, Absorb, Nature Power
    Breloom Lvl 28, Mega Drain, Counter, Mach Punch, Leech Seed
    Grovyle lvl 27, Pursuit, Absorb, Screech, Quick Attack

I plan on adding Tropius (flyer), Cradily and Cacturne to my team when I can get them. I can get the Cradily and Cacturne as soon as I beat Flannery, which I'm not looking forward to.

Current Sapphire Mono-type Grass Team (COMPLETE):

Current Emerald Team:

Current Diamond Team:

Current HeartGold Team:

I returned to the Mauville City Gym, and after beating the last Gym trainer, I challenged Wattson to a battle. He sent out his Magnemite first, and I used Shroomish against it. It was a really tough battle since Shroomish only knew a few Grass-type moves, but I somehow managed to beat Magnemite after a few turns. I then used Lombre against Wattson's Voltorb, and that battle was a bit easier than the previous one. I defeated Voltorb with Absorb, and then only Wattson's Magneton was left. I used Grovyle against it and even though I was hitting it with several different attacks, it still took 5 minutes to take it down. Once that was done, I earned the Dynamo Badge and the TM containing the move Shock Wave from Wattson. I healed at the Pokemon Center and I saved there.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 26
    - Lombre level 23
    - Shroomish level 23

I've decided that I would like to, someday, do a monotype run with every type. I wrote down the all the types and thought about which would be best for me to start with. Then I chose.....Poison. And since the first gen has a ton of Poison types, I decided to use FireRed.

I started with Bulbasaur and did all the beginning stuff. I defeated Brock and began searching for my first member, a Nidoran F. I decided not to use Bulbasaur because I have used it many times before. Once I catch that NidoranF I will continue my journey.

Edit: I did not know NidoranF has a 1% find rate on FireRed. After 3 hours of searching, I finally found a NidoranF and can finally start/continue with my monotype run.
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 13th August 2011 at 1:33 PM.
    HeartGold Wedlocke
        Spoiler:- Current Party:

I left the Mauville City Gym, and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I then wandered off towards Route 117. I battled several trainers along that route, and after picking some wild berries, I headed for the tall grass there. I encountered a wild Roselia as I was searching through the tall grass, and I captured that. I spent some time training Roselia around the route, and then I arrived in Verdanturf Town. I wandered around there for a while, and after shopping at the local Poke Mart and looking around the Contest Hall, I left for Mauville City again. I headed north to the route up there, and after smashing a rock that was blocking the path, I saved the game.

Current team:

- Grovyle level 27
    - Lombre level 24
    - Shroomish level 24
    - Roselia level 18

I went back to the Viridian Forest and trained NidoranF against trainers whom I had skipped over previously. I also defeated the remaining trainers on Route 3 and headed inside Mt Moon. Not long after I entered the cave NidoranF evolved into Nidorina. I defeated every trainer inside Mt Moon and just before exiting I decided to go ahead and use a Moon Stone to evolve Nidorina into Nidoqueen.

After I exited the cave I stumbled into the grass on Route 4 and captured an Ekans. I began to train the Ekans a few levels before I battled my rival who was incredibly easy thanks to Body Slam. I beat the trainers on the Nugget Bridge and went into the grass and captured an Oddish. I have begun training said Oddish and am continuing to train my Ekans.

Current Team
    HeartGold Wedlocke
        Spoiler:- Current Party:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    I wanna do a monotype challenge on Ruby, psychic type, BUT OTHER MEMBERS CAN PICK 3 OF THE POKEMON!!!

I think I'll go with
    Gardevoir
    Solrock
    Kadabra
    I recommend Girafarig.
    Sapphire Fighting Monotype Challenge
    Badges: 6
    Team:
    Li; Mahatma; Jackie; Bruce; Hellga; Banner

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast