Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Default 6th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

6th Gen Scramble Challenge Thread!

Games in this gen: X&Y

What is a "Scramble Challenge"?

The Scramble Challenge involves playing through the storyline and beating the game seeing the credits) with a team of six Pokemon which are assigned to you by other people on this forum. You may also be given certain guidelines, limitations, and restrictions concerning the Pokemon, usually by the person who suggested the Pokemon themselves. However, you may also create limitations for yourself.

The goal of the Scramble Challenge is to be able to complete the game without using the most powerful Pokemon, or your own favorites. It encourages you to think outside the box and make the most of what you are given.

Example Posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Some Challenger
    Looking for more Pokemon for a Pokemon Black play-through. My team is:
    - Delphox, must know Mystic Fire
    - Pikachu, must solo a gym before evolving
    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy
    @ Challenger, take a Vivillion. It cannot learn Psybeam.

Scramble Challenge Rules:

• Please read the Challenge Forum rules before posting.
    • Always mention your planned team (based on others' responses) when you ask for more team members, so others know what has already been suggested.
    • You may create your own set of (minor) restrictions concerning gameplay - just be sure to mention those as well. If you have a lot of/and or major restrictions though consider using the 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot!' threads instead.
    • Just because of the fact that not everyone is on the same level experience-wise, you may reject team suggestions. However, please don't abuse this. If you feel that you need a really easy challenge, say so.
    • Typically, no Legendaries and no duplicates are allowed. Apparently, trading in any form (except for evolution) is discouraged, as well as post-Nat. Dex Pokémon, but if you wish to use a traded Pokemon you may,
    • Note that it's your game, and you can change the difficulty, limitations, and pretty much anything else, to suit your playing style. For example, if you want to breed in one game and send things over.
    • Please limit your suggestions to one per team (if it's rejected, you may suggest again), so that everyone can contribute. If the challenger's team goes two or more pages without a suggestion, you may suggest a maximum of an extra one, but no more.
    • Purposely giving challengers blatantly terrible choices (Weedle that may not evolve at all, etc.) is against the spirit of the game and will not be tolerated.
    • Make sure all your suggestions are directed clearly. Using "@" is encouraged.
    • Enjoy! It's a game, after all!

Scramble Challenge Rules originally by Monochromatic from a previous thread with minor changes.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Hmm... Guess I'll be the 1st person to request one of these.

I'd like a scramble team for my Y play through when I eventually do it. No restrictions please. I want new Pokemon (or at the very least mega evolvers)
    Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Helliolisk, Hawlucha and Clawiter are off limits. I'm using Greninja and Talonflame for sure. Please try not to repeat types too.

-Greninja
    -Talonflame
    -
    -
    -
    -

Thanks in advance!
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Charoshi, take a Meowstic.
    Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

-Greninja
    -Talonflame
    -Meowstic
    -
    -
    -

Decent choice. Probably use the female version for the in-game run!
    SoulSilver BQ

No restrictions? No fun Anyway: Use Vivillion
    Kalos Champions
    Blue the Greninja, the true ninja
    Amber the Charizard, the transcending Mega Evolution
    Buddy the Vileplume, destroyer of Arceus and Mewtwos
    King the Tyrantrum, the tyrant of the fossils
    Hiro the Lucario, the sweeper of noobs

Charoshi, get a Dragalge.

Charoshi, take a Gogoat.

No restrictions and giving yourself two Pokemon from the start? You are no fun good sir, no fun at all.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Normally I'm down on some good restrictions... but this is for my first playthrough of pokemon y, so I really just needed help finishing my team xD Sorry guys

-Greninja
    -Talonflame
    -Meowstic
    -Vivillion
    -Dragalge
    -Gogoat

2 flying types... but I'll take it. I'll start going sometime soon. Thanks guys.. and sorry about such lame rules i just needed help team building xD
    SoulSilver BQ

Okay... no redoing types. No heavy restrictions. Nicknames too. One Kalos Starter, one Kanto Starter. Yeah! Let's get this show on the road!
    I'm awesome

Raven... take a Charmander. It may not mega evolve until it has at least reached level 50.
    SoulSilver BQ

Räven, take a Croagunk. It can't use physical moves, only status and special. To evolve, it has to solo the Fairy type gym leader. (I hope these restrictions aren't too heavy, based on its moveset I think it should be ok)
    Last edited by Petza; 27th October 2013 at 3:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    Okay... no redoing types. No heavy restrictions. Nicknames too. One Kalos Starter, one Kanto Starter. Yeah! Let's get this show on the road!
    Take a Chinchou.

In order to Evolve, it must solo Ramos and all of Laverre City Gym's Trainers (excluding Valerie).

After Evolving, it must solo Wulfric, Malva's Talonflame, and Siebold's Barbaracle.

It must be nicknamed Shine.

Raven, take a luvdisc. it must solo 1 trainer in ramos' gym.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

well, with all the other pokes, that leaves you tu using chesnaught, but that is not possible because of croagunk...

eh error
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

Alright then, Raven, take a Quilladin. Name it Fatty. It may never evolve from its Quilladin state. However, it may hold Eviolite. I think the evo restriction is enough, so no other restrictions.

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Maybe we should just redo this... It got really messed up. Btw, the restriction about never evolving Quilladin is too heavy. So no redoing types, one Kanto starter, one Kalos starter, no MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR restrictions, you know the drill.

Räven, take a Solosis. It can evolve into Duosion freely but must defeat three Carbink before evolving into Reuniclus.
    This is the future we made for ourselves
    But is it really the dream we wanted to live in?

The present has to be treated as precious
    Or we will regret it when it has become the past...

Yeah that did kinda get screwy a little bit...

Raven... Keep the Charmander (er Charizard I guess for typing reasons) I gave you. Same restrictions. No Mega Evolution till at least level 50.
    SoulSilver BQ

Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    Maybe we should just redo this... It got really messed up. Btw, the restriction about never evolving Quilladin is too heavy. So no redoing types, one Kanto starter, one Kalos starter, no MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR restrictions, you know the drill.
    Just retake the Cinchou, with that, you could still ake a lot of Pokémon that aren't Fire, Flying, Psychic, Electric, or Water.

Alright now, take a Chestnaught. It may only know Power-Up-Punch as Fighting STAB.

Just finished my X Nuzlocke playthrough, and I want to start a new game right away.
    So I'll take this challenge thing. Make the challenges as weird or interesting as you would like.

Just a few things:
    -All fully evolved
    -Nothing that involves trading
    -No Pokemon that suck. You know which ones I mean.
    -No Greninja, Pidgeot, Florges, Pyroar, Sneasel, or Clawitzer (Those were on my Nuzlocke team)
    Sprites by Arkeis, banner by Light Venusaur

Friends stick together, no matter what.

Räven - Get yourself a Whismur. It can only evolve into Loudred after defeating three trainers in the Battle Chateau by itself, and it can evolve into Exploud after defeating a trainer in each of the last four gyms by itself. Good luck!

Berries -- Escape Rope -- A Friday

images were taken from three specific pages of Serebii.net

Quote Originally Posted by burninator59 View Post
    Just finished my X Nuzlocke playthrough, and I want to start a new game right away.
    So I'll take this challenge thing. Make the challenges as weird or interesting as you would like.

Just a few things:
    -All fully evolved
    -Nothing that involves trading
    -No Pokemon that suck. You know which ones I mean.
    -No Greninja, Pidgeot, Florges, Pyroar, Sneasel, or Clawitzer (Those were on my Nuzlocke team)
    Alright, take a Fennekin.

In order to Evolve, it must get OHKO'd by 50 Surskit or Masquerain.

In order to Evolve again, it must solo Valerie.

It must also solo Siebold's Clauncher and Barbaracle, Drasna's Dragalge, and Malva's Talonflame.

It must know the following Moves when available at all times: Mystical Fire, Psychic, Shadow Ball, and one Move of your choice that must change after every Major Battle (Rival, Gym Leader, Elite Four, Champion, Team Flare, etc.)

burninator take a Nidoking. It may evolve whenever you want, but it must solo the gym leader you fight after it is evolved.
    SoulSilver BQ

burninator59 - Get yourself an Amaura. It can only evolve into Aurorus after it soloes Serena/Calem twice. Good luck!

Berries -- Escape Rope -- A Friday

images were taken from three specific pages of Serebii.net

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast