Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

So I went to Saffron City's gym and beated the trainers there alongside Sabrina which she gave a lot of trouble to beat since my pokemon were all under lvl 50 at the time. After that, I healed at the pokemon center and saved the game again and I headed to Celadon City to face Erikia. At first thought, I would think this would be easy because of type advantage but a second thought appeared when she end up using status ailments including Leech Seed which was a pain to fight against her. Despite that, I won against her, earning myself another badge. After another badge obtained, I headed towards Cerulean City and saved there. I went north of nugget bridge and beated all of the trainers there until I realised Misty doesn't appear at the Cape until you defeat the Team Rocket member who stole the machine part. So I went east of Cerulean City to get to the power plant. After speaking with a couple of people there, I went back to Cerulean City and went into the gym which was the Team Rocket member. I followed him to the nugget bridge and beated him. After he told me where the part is, I took it to the power plant and gave it back which got me a TM Charge Beam. I headed back to Cerulean City and beated Misty which she gave me the toughest time ever so I headed to Celadon City and headed to Cycling Road and I beated all of the trainers there and got to Fuschia City. I saved there and my team so far is:

Dragonair Lvl47
    Crobat Lvl45
    Pidgeot Lvl45
    Gyarados Lvl45
    Skarmory Lvl46
    Scyther Lvl45
        Spoiler:- Monotype Challenges:

Spoiler:- Nuzlocke Challenges:

As I was exploring the tall grass at Route 208, I ran into a wild Bibarel. I thought it would make an excellent addition to my team, so I went ahead and captured it. I then proceeded to train there for about 45 minutes until all of my Pokemon were reasonably leveled up. I then set off to Hearthome City again to heal my Pokemon, and once that was done, I set off for the next route and I made my way towards Solaceon Town. I battled several trainers along the way, and I trained against more wild Pokemon. I got to the Hallowed Tower, and then I wandered northward towards Lost Tower. I got there and I battled against some of the trainers. I saved halfway up the tower since my Pokemon were injured.

- Prinplup level 27
    - Gyarados level 23
    - Psyduck level 22
    - Shellos level 21
    - Buizel level 22
    - Bibarel level 21

Since I have been enjoying my Monotype Poison run in FireRed, I decided to do one in Platinum. I originally was going to do a Fighting run, but I figured that would be too common. So I decided to use a type no one in this thread has used yet...Ghost.

I did all the beginning stuff that doesn't need to be mentioned. After receiving PokeBalls, I captured 2 random Pokemon and traded them to Diamond for a couple of eggs. I know the rules say not to trade, but I figure it is my game and I can play it my way (Plus the 2 eggs are both Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex that are unobtainable or ridiculous to get). After running around for a LONG time, the eggs hatched into Misdreavus and Spiritomb! I have slowly begun to train both of them.

Current Team
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I continued to climb up Lost Tower while training my Pokemon. I eventually reached the summit, and I was given some items while I was there. I then returned to the bottom of the tower, and I battled some more trainers along the route that connected Hearthome City and Solaceon Town. I eventually reached the latter location, and I healed at the local Pokemon Center. I then picked some berries and I visited the Poke Mart since I needed to stock up on items again. I then explored the rest of the sleepy little town, and then I went to grind some more near Lost Tower. I eventually got my Pokemon's levels to where I wanted them to be, and I saved before heading northeast towards Veilstone City.

- Prinplup level 28
    - Gyarados level 24
    - Psyduck level 24
    - Shellos level 22
    - Buizel level 23
    - Bibarel level 23

After growing both of my team members to level 8 I felt they were ready to face their first trainer battle. So I headed onto Route 202 and defeated every trainer (The fact their Pokemon only knew Normal type moves is not important). I arrived in Jubilife and met Looker, then I went to the School and met up with my rival. I received the Poketch from a man after talking to three clowns as well. I walked onto Route 3 and defeated my rival easily, along with the rest of the trainers. I soon arrived in Oreburgh, and after a quick trip to the mines I was finally able to compete in my first gym battle! I beat both trainers inside and saved in front of Roark.

Current Team

i like your monotypes drummerdude

Quote Originally Posted by Doxik View Post
    i like your monotypes drummerdude
    Well thank you! I am enjoying them too!

I started the battle with Roark using Misdreavus. Despite a poor movepool on my part Misdreavus prevailed against Geodude. I switched to Spiritomb when he sent in Cranidos and I pulled off an close victory there too. Onix was left, and through a combination of both of my Pokemon Onix fell. First Badge get!

I exited the gym and made my way back to Jubilife. I encountered Team Galactic there for the first time and managed to beat them with Dawn's help. I headed up Route 4 while defeating each trainer and I soon arrived in Floroma Town. I went east and met a girl who mentioned something about a Power Plant so I headed there to find another Galactic Grunt. Once he was defeated, I headed to a field of flowers and defeated two more grunts. I got a key and went back to the Power Plant where I encountered Mars. She proved difficult for me (Her lousy Zubat knocked out Misdreavus) but Spiritomb pulled out a win for me. I reunited a girl with her father and then headed for the Eterna Forest.

Once inside the forest I found a wild Gastly and captured it as my third team member. I spent a little while training Gastly with Cheryl's help. Once Gastly was a high enough level I proceeded through the forest. I took a break when I got close to the exit.

Current Team

Edit: Rank up!!!

I headed north from Solaceon Town once I had finished doing stuff there, and I started to battle the trainers along the tall grass there. I eventually made my way to the area that was blocked by some Psyduck, but I visited the cafe instead. I battled some more trainers there, and then once they were beaten, I headed east towards Veilstone City. Battling the trainers along that route was much easier since it was raining, meaning that my Water-type Pokemon received a power boost. I continued to battle my way around the trainers and their Fighting-type Pokemon, but then I returned to Solaceon Town to heal a bit. I then left Shellos at the Day Care Center since I figured it would level up there a bit more, and I went back to the rainy route.

- Prinplup level 29
    - Gyarados level 26
    - Psyduck level 25
    - Buizel level 24
    - Bibarel level 24

@ The 4TH KIRA

Your stories are really great, you should write a story about a young boy and his friends that start but how one wants to become the champion with only water types. That would be good, keep training btw and maybe the 8th gym leader will fall to you
    Black code: 3611 3351 1490 √-1

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2ln93l5.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2rwubuh.gif[/IMG]

I exited the forest and entered Eterna City. I bumped into my rival and he wanted me to see a statue of a dragon Pokemon and when we arrived we found that weird man again. I headed to the Pokemon Center afterwards but was stopped by a woman named Cynthia who gave me the HM01. I healed my team and headed straight for the gym. I managed to defeat the trainers with ease and then I stood in front of the gym leader, Gardenia. I started with Gastly and she started with Turtwig. After a lot of Night Shade's Turtwig fell and I switched to Spiritomb to fight her Cherrim. It was a close battle but Spiritomb won it for me. Lastly was Misdreavus vs Roserade. Luckily Misdreavus knew Psybeam so I finished Roserade off quickly. I won my second badge! I soon exited the gym and headed back to Eterna Forest.

I arrived outside the Old Chateau and found Gardenia (wuss) and soon entered the old mansion. I explored for a little while before finding a tv that had an omnious feel to it. I soon discovered a Pokemon was inside the television named Rotom. I managed to capture the Rotom and added it to my team. I exited the mansion and trained my Rotom against the fishers and the trainers west of Eterna City. Once it was raised a few levels, I decided to take on Team Galactic.

I entered their hideout of sorts and began making my way to the top, defeating every Galactic grunt along the way. I soon arrived in front of Jupiter. I was nervous for the battle because my team was weak to her Skuntank. Misdreavus started the battle and quickly disposed of Zubat. I continued with Misdreavus while she sent out Skuntank. I prepared for the worst as Skuntank swept Misdreavus, Gastly, and Rotom. Spiritomb was not damaged much by her dark type attacks and after a few potions and faint attacks...Spiritomb won! Talk about a close call. I exited the building, got a bicycle, and took a well deserved break.

Current Team

@drummer~
    maybe after ghost monotype u do a grass or fire monotype
    i will be very happy

I battled the last trainers at the rainy route between Solaceon Town and Veilstone City, but I spent some more time there just training my weaker Pokemon. When I finally arrived in Veilstone City, I headed for the local Pokemon Center, and I healed my Pokemon there. I then wandered around town a little bit, but there were still many places that I couldn't access until after I beat Maylene. I went to the local Gym, and I started battling the Gym trainers inside. I won't lie: Battling against them was harder than I thought. Bibarel itself, being part Normal-type, was having a lot of trouble, so I mostly used Gyarados, Psyduck and Buizel. I healed once more, and then I returned to battle the last Gym trainers inside the Veilstone City Gym. I got to Maylene's spot, and I saved before challenging her.

- Prinplup level 30
    - Gyarados level 28
    - Psyduck level 27
    - Buizel level 26
    - Bibarel level 26

Quote Originally Posted by Doxik View Post
    @drummer~
    maybe after ghost monotype u do a grass or fire monotype
    i will be very happy
    I've already decided what types my next couple of monotypes will be and those aren't the types, sorry. One is a common type in the monotype threads and one is not.

I cycled down Cycling Road and defeated the trainers with Gastly in hopes of evolving it. I skipped Wayward Cave for now because I want to abuse it for training later. I started to beat the trainers near Mt Coronet when Gastly evolved! I encountered Dawn again and she gave me some new toys. When I entered Mt Coronet I came across Cyrus again. I exited the mountain and defeated the trainers on Route 208 before heading into Hearthome City.

I healed my team as soon as I could and headed to the Contest Hall to talk to Fantina about our gym battle (I bet she's scared). She accepted and I was soon beating her gym trainers. I soon stared Fantina down as our battle began. Haunter pulled out a win against Duskull, Misdreavus defeated Haunter, and Spiritomb beat Mismagius. Easy win for my ghost types. I departed with a new badge and headed to Route 209....

...or I would have if my rival hadn't stopped me for a battle. I seriously always forget about this battle. I still destroyed him, but it was a minor annoyance. I searched the grass for a Duskull and captured it. Then it was off to Wayward Cave for some training of Duskull and the rest of my team. Blah blah blah training with Lyra blah blah. I soon returned to Hearthome where I stopped for the night.

Current Team

Maylene sure was a tough Gym Leader. She sent out her Meditate first, and I thought that my Floatzel would be enough to deal with it. Sadly, I was wrong. Instead, I had to use Psyduck's Confusion attack to defeat Maylene's Meditate. Once Meditate was down, she sent out her Machoke, which was a lot harder to defeat than Meditate. I had to use Prinplup's Peck attack several times in order to beat Machoke. Once it was down, I had to face the hardest Pokemon yet: Lucario. Even Prinplup's Bubblebeam attack wasn't very effective, so I had to use Gyarados. I was able to stall for a while with that, but I used Prinplup once more to finish off Lucario. I won the Cobble Badge from Maylene, as well as the TM containing the move Drain Punch. I left the Gym and I headed for the local Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon.

- Prinplup level 31
    - Gyarados level 28
    - Psyduck level 28
    - Floatzel level 27
    - Bibarel level 26

Once I got to Fuschia City, I went to the gym and beated all of the trainers there including the gym leader which gave me my 5th kanto badge. After beating this gym, I decided to head to Lavender Town to get myself an upgrade of my pokegear and went to Vermilion City so I can beat the Snorlax that was blocking the entrance of Diglett's Cave. I went through Diglett's Cave and got to Pewter City. After realising I can't beat him yet, I went through the Viridian Forest and beated trainers there and headed to Viridian City. I saved and healed there and went straight to Pallet Town. I surfed south of Pallet City to get to Cinnibar Island and found Blue there which he told me I'm not ready to fight him yet. So I saved there and my team is:

Dragonair Lvl50
    Crobat Lvl50
    Pidgeot Lvl50
    Gyarados Lvl50
    Skarmory Lvl50
    Scyther Lvl50
        Spoiler:- Monotype Challenges:

Spoiler:- Nuzlocke Challenges:

After defeating Maylene and healing my Pokemon in Veilstone City, I headed towards the Team Galactic Warehouse. Dawn was there because some Team Galactic grunts had taken something from her, and we had to team up to get it back. I helped mop the floor with Team Galactic, and then the grunts fled. With them out of the way, I was able to collect the HM containing the move Fly. I then set out to the Department Store to purchase some items. After that, I headed south to towards the route there, since I had to make my way towards Pastoria City next in order to win the Fen Badge from Crasher Wake. I battled some trainers along the route, and then I spent about 30 minutes grinding to get my Pokemon's levels up. I eventually reached the entrance to Lake Valor, but it was blocked, so I had to continue onwards.

- Prinplup level 32
    - Gyarados level 29
    - Psyduck level 28
    - Floatzel level 28
    - Bibarel level 28

I defeated the trainers on Route 209 and soon arrived in Solaceon. I visited the ruins and found HM05 which I used in the Lost Tower to get to the top. Later I went north and spammed the trainer with the Happiny for easy experience. After running through the rain route and defeating everyone I soon arrived in Veilstone. I headed straight for the gym and quickly beat the four fighters. I stood before Maylene ready for my 4th gym battle. I started with Haunter who took out Meditite with a single Shadow Ball. She switched to Machoke so I switched to Spiritomb who slowly pulled out a win. Lucario was her last Pokemon and sent Rotom into the battle. I was surprised how easily Rotom won....oh well. I got my badge and that is all that matters. I exited the gym to find Dawn who had had her Pokedex stolen. Together we beat those scoundrels who stole it and I got the HM02 inside a warehouse. Then it was off to Pastoria, but not before a break.

Current Team
    Last edited by Drummerdude; 13th August 2011 at 9:09 PM.

I arrived at the resort between Lake Valor and Pastoria City, and I spent some time battling the trainers at the restaurant there. I managed to gain tons of experience from those battles, and I set off towards the beach south of the resort afterwards. I encountered some more trainers there, then I made my way west towards Pastoria City until I arrived at the gate. Once inside the city, I came across my rival, and he requested yet another rival battle. I had some trouble against his Starly at first, but then I beat it with Gyarados and I moved on to battling his Buizel and Ponyta. I defeated his Grotle with Prinplup's Peck attack, and then I headed for the local Pokemon Center once that was done. After healing, I made my way to the Great Marsh and I saved before wandering around.

- Prinplup level 33
    - Gyarados level 30
    - Psyduck level 29
    - Floatzel level 29
    - Bibarel level 29

I entered the route below Veilstone and started battling the trainers and wild Pokemon for experience. After defeating one of the trainers something amazing happened........Duskull evolved!! And learned a semidecent move! Anyway, I eventually arrived at the Resort Area and battled the trainers in the restaurant for experience. When I was finished I headed onto the beach where Misdreavus defeated the tubers and fishermen so it would hopefully learn Shadow Ball and be able to pull it's weight(Curse you Adamant nature!). It did eventually learn it and then I headed into Pastoria City.

The first thing I did was go to Route 212 and grab the Dawn Stone from the marshy area for a certain team member, then I went and healed my team. I headed for the gym with Rotom ready to roll but I once again forgot about my rival battle. My team still won, but this is getting ridiculous. I decided to take a break before entering the gym.

Current Team

Once I had arrived at the Great Marsh, I started looking around for Water-type Pokemon that I might be interested in capturing. I encountered a wild Marill in one of the marshes, but I wasn't interested in that. After combing most of the Great Marsh and only encountering basic Pokemon, I finally ran into a wild Quagsire, which was exactly what I wanted to capture. I tossed two Safari Balls at it, and I succeeded in capturing it. I then left the Great Marsh and I visited the Pokemon Center. I then explored the rest of the town since I had neglected to do that when I first arrived. I visited the local Poke Mart and I bought some items there. I then visited the houses and collected a berry in one of them. I completed some other tasks around town, then I saved inside the Pastoria City Gym.

- Prinplup level 33
    - Gyarados level 30
    - Psyduck level 29
    - Floatzel level 29
    - Bibarel level 29
    - Quagsire level 28

I entered the Pastoria gym and defeated all the gym trainers with Rotom and Dusclops. I faced off against Crasher Wake. Rotom defeated Gyarados but fell to Floatzel. Turns out my other ghost pokemon could not defeat Floatzel either. I lost. I trained a little bit and rechallenged Crasher Wake. Rotom again defeated Gyarados and pulled off a close win against Floatzel. Dusclops defeated Quagsire and I won my fifth badge!

I exited the gym and did the event with the Galactic Grunt who blew up a bomb in the Great Marsh. Cynthia showed up and gave me something to treat the Psyduck that had a headache. I went back to Pastoria and headed west to train my team. I soon arrived at the Backlot Mansion and explored in there for a little while. When I exited the mansion I decided to use the Dusk Stone to evolve Misdreavus into Mismagius! I ran towards Solaceon and headed north where I cured the Psyduck. Cynthia gave me some Charm thing to gie to her grandmother so I was on my way towards Celestic Town.

I slowly trudged my way through the fog and defeated all the trainers along the way. After a long while I arrived in Celestic and headed straight for the Galactic member in the center of town. I dispatched of him and went inside to look at the cave drawings. Cyrus showed up and challenged me to a battle. Mismagius took out Sneasel, Rotom wiped Murkrow out, and Dusclops took care of Golbat. When he left Cynthia's grandmother gave me Surf and I took a much needed rest.

Current Team

^ Adamant nature for a Mismagius? Ouch...

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

I had to go to the Safari Zone to catch me a surfer and my first Pokemon was a Quagsire. I caught it and then went to Jubilife and surfed west to Canalave City. When I arrived I was immediately challenged by my rival. It was a quick battle because my team was at a higher level than his. I went to Iron Island after the battle and got the HM04 from Riley. I headed back to Canalave and entered the gym. After battling the first trainer I realized my team sucks against Steel types so I headed back to Pastoria and taught Dusclops Fire Punch.

I went back to the gym and made my through thanks to Dusclops. After battling all the trainers it came time to battle Byron. I started off with Dusclops who made quick work of Magneton, then Spiritomb struggled against Steelix but still defeated it. Lastly was Bastiodon who defeated Rotom but fell thanks to Haunter. The Mine Badge was mine!

I exited the gym and was whisked away to a library where Professor Rowan said some stuff. After an explosion I went to Lake Valor and defeated Team Galactic and Saturn. Then I was off to Lake Verity where I defeated Team Galactic and Mars. I went back to Celestic and headed towards route 16 where I captured a Snorunt! I ran back to Celestic and then flew to Iron Island and I have begun to train Snorunt along with the rest of my team.

Current Team

I didn't think that I'd have so much trouble at the Pastoria City Gym, but that was the case when I started to battle the trainers there this morning. My Water-type Pokemon just weren't able to do much damage to the Water-type Pokemon that belonged to the various Gym trainers within the Gym. Once I had beaten them all (mostly by sheer luck), I challenged Crasher Wake. His Gyarados was a total nightmare. I used my own Gyarados, then Floatzel, then Prinplup. All of that just to beat Gyarados. I then countered Crasher Wake's Quagsire with my Bibarel, which was a lot easier than expected, but Crasher's Floatzel was a tough opponent. I used Psyduck against it, but I had to swap out to Prinplup to deliver the finishing move. I got the Fen Badge and the Brine TM, and I saved.

- Prinplup level 34
    - Gyarados level 31
    - Psyduck level 30
    - Floatzel level 30
    - Bibarel level 30
    - Quagsire level 30

I realized that training Snorunt was getting difficult so I decided to use the Dawn Stone to evolve it into Froslass! I then trained everyone in my team to level 44 before leaving Iron Island. I headed back to Celestic and went back through Mt Coronet and soon arrived back on the snowy routes. I started to beat every trainer, but then I got sick of it so I just went as quickly as I could to Snowpoint City. I eventually arrived in the snowy city and headed for the gym.

The trainers were more difficult than I thought they would be. Since Sneasel used Dark attacks and Snorunts/Glalies knew Crunch I had to heal my team after almost every battle. Eventually though I had beat everyone and I soon solved the snowball puzzle also so it was time for a gym battle with Candice. She started with Sneasel and I used Dusclops. Thanks to Fire Punch Sneasel eventually fainted but it left Dusclops in the red. I switched to Haunter when she used Froslass but it knocked out Haunter in a single Shadow Ball. Spiritomb was next and it pulled out a win thanks to Faint Attack. She used Abomasnow and I kept Spiritomb in to give Dusclops a turn to heal. I switched to Dusclops and took it out after a few Fire Punch's. I used Mismagius against Piloswine and a few Shadow Ball's later it was down and out. I now have 7 badges! I exited the gym and took a break.

Current Team

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast