Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

@_Snivy
    You could catch the Red Gyarados for your team then, make sure you'd have a Net Ball to catch it better with. I'm also doing a Nozlocke, but it is a Nuzlocke only, not going to talk about it though, that's what the other thread is for.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

You can also follow the status of my adventure on my new blog! It's in my signature.

@Tarro57
        Spoiler:- Tarro57:

After a lot of training in the Union Cave, Jagger is finally ready to officially join our team! He's really eager to have his first trainer battle and he's going to get it on Route 38 while we head to Olivine City. Gym battle, here we come!

After defeating the first two trainers on Route 38, we realized that Jagger isn't strong enough. We went back to training. Our plan is to evolve Jagger. Then, it will surely be strong! We also bumped into Raikou again!

Right after seeing Entei, Jagger defeated a Pidgey and evolved into a Poliwhirl!

It's now time to move on to the next Route!

Team

Name: Mickey
    Character: Modest
    Level: 34

Name: Queen
    Level: 27

Name: Jagger
    Character: Rash
    Level: 27

Last edited by _Snivy; 24th October 2011 at 12:52 AM.
    Do you like animes such as Fairy Tail, SKET Dance, etc?
    Do you enjoy digital art, and art competitions?
    Do you love an engaging community where everyone is close to each other?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should REALLY join...

I flew back to Pastoria and headed west along the boggy route. Here I fought a whole bunch of trainers, allowing my Girafarig to gain more experience. I explored the area a lot too, finding several items on the ground. Eventually, I reached the mansion, where I obtained the Soothe Bell.

I then reached Hearthome again, where I healed my team. After that, I headed towards Solaceon and then to the route above it. I used the Secret Potion on the Psyducks, and they went away. I continued north and battled some ninjas in the grass. Now, I'm on the foggy route.

Team:

You can also follow the status of my adventure on my new blog! It's in my signature.

We've defeated everything in our way! All my Pokemons also learned Surf. We've went through the lighthouse and now we have to travel the ocean to save that Ampharos. We're on our way!

We've found a new friend, Izy! He's really competitive. He's fast and has great endurance. A real champion!

Team

Level: 34

Level: 29

Name: Jagger
    Character: Rash
    Level: 29

Name: Izy
    Character: Jolly
    Level: 24

Last edited by _Snivy; 24th October 2011 at 4:55 AM.

In Orebrough City, I first collected all the items given out. Then I proceded to the Mine for some training, mainly Bidoof. Didn't quite get him to evolving point, however, so I thought I'd train some more using the trainers in the gym, before battling Roark. STILL not evolved! I headed north to Route 207 to fight the wild Pokémon. Bidoof finally evolved! Yay! I then went to challenge Roark. Bibarel easily wiped both Geodude and Onix out with Water Gun, only took one hit each! Cranidos was more difficult, with Water Gun only taking it into the orange. Of course, Roark healed, but it wasn't eough and with a second and final Water Gun, Cranidos was down, and Roark was defeated! I recieved the Coal Badge and the TM for Stealth Rock. Next I went to Orebrough Gate for some Starly training, and item collecting. Back in Jubilife, me and Lucas defeated Team Plasm easily. After I defeated them, I saved and ended for now.

Current Team:

Lv 12

Lv 16
    been gone for like two years but I'm back and better than ever

I have the badges for Kanto already done up Snivy so it's alright. Thanks anyways.

Speaking of badges, I've got all 8 Johto Badges now. That battle with Clair was interesting. I didn't think I'd win on the first go since I didn't train a lot for this battle.

I took out Gyarados easily with Jolteon's Thunder. Then on the 1st Dragonair, Lanturn beats it with Ice Beam but it took more damage than I thought with Dragon Pulse. Then against Kingdra, I sent out Magneton. Kingdra used Hydro Pump and Magneton barely survived and then used Thunder Wave. Kingdra kept missing Hydro Pump and Magneton 3HKOed Kingdra with Thunderbolt. Finally on her last Dragonair, I sent out Electabuzz. I used Ice Punch and Dragonair uses Thunder Wave. I then used Ice Punch again and it uses Dragon Pulse. Clair uses Hyper Potion and Electabuzz uses Ice Punch again. Dragonair uses Dragon Pulse again, Electabuzz barely hangs on and uses Ice Punch again and freezes Dragonair. Clair uses Full Restore and I use Ice Punch again and it freezes it again! 2 times in a row! Dragonair is still frozen and Electabuzz is fully paralyzed. Dragonair frozen still and I hit Ice Punch again and Dragonair's Shed Skin defrosts it. I used Hyper Potion and Dragonair uses Slam and Static Activates, paralyzing it! Electabuzz finishes it off with Ice Punch!

Then I go off to Dragon's Den and complete the Quiz and get the Rising Badge. I then start to exit Dragon's Den and Clair stops me and gives me TM59 Dragon Pulse.

I exit the cave and Prof Elm calls me asking to swing by his lab so Pikachu flies me to New Bark Town. I enter the Lab and Prof Elm gives me the Master Ball! He then tells me the Kimono Girls are waiting for me in Ecruteak City. I'll do that later.

Current Team:
    Ampharos Lv32
    Pikachu Lv32
    Electabuzz Lv32
    Magneton Lv38
    Lanturn Lv37
    Jolteon Lv32
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    We'll get Mega Flygon/Milotic when Roy gets his job back in SSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your Ridley on smash claims, now with fairy type add on for 20% extra coolness factor.

Continuing from earlier, I first went to Jubilife TV to enter the lottery, which, amazingly, I won on! I'll save that PP up for later! After that, I proceded to Route 204 and Ravaged Path, collecting items and training Starly. After an easy battle with Aroma Lady Taylor, Starly evolved! With my new Staravia, the rest of the trainers were easy. In Floroama, I healed my Poké's, got the TM for Pluck, then went onto Route 205 where I was asked to save a little girl's father. I battled the Grunt in front of the windworks with Staravia, who took him out quickly and easily. After defeating him, I returned to Floroama and continued to the Meadow, where I battled two more grunts. After recieving some honey, I slathered the Meadow and Windwork tree's with the stuff, and turned off my DS to wait and see if either will give me an Aipom, or, even better, a Munchlax! Fingers crossed!

Current Team:

Lv 16

Lv 16
    Last edited by Sucker_Punch; 24th October 2011 at 3:47 PM.

After a long swim through the Whirl Islands, we've finally arrived at Cianwood City! It was exhausting. The number of fights we went through was high. But it was also beneficial, because I now think that we're ready for the gym!

I've also got some plans for who our next friend will be. (Hint: I need the Strength HM!)

The gym didn't go so well. In the first trainer battle, I've lost an important part of our team, Izy. A critical hit Jump Kick finished him without any chance of surviving. I now realize that we need a lot more training if we want to stand a chance.

R.I.P.
    Izy
    24-27

I went to challenge the gym leader anyway. I though I was going to defeat him only by using Mickey. That was a bad idea, Jagger gave his life as well. I have to be honest, I really loved Jagger... That was a ridiculous decision from me to put him on. It only was also stupid to challenge the gym leader when all of the four attacks Mickey has are not very effective against his Poliwrath. I regret this battle even though I have won the badge.

R.I.P.
    Jagger
    10-30

I've decided that enough is enough, I won't lose any more lives. I went to New Bark Town to fish a new Pokemon for the team. I wasn't expecting much, maybe a Magikarp or a Tentacool. First swing, Chinchou! I didn't want to hurt her, she would play a vital role in my team. I threw my last Lure Ball and she was mine!

Now, I'm going to train Lyra to prepare her for the next gym battle where she will be the star!

Team

Level: 37

Level: 30

Name: Lyra
    Character: Careful
    Level: 20

Spoiler:- Dead:

Quote Originally Posted by _Snivy View Post
    The gym didn't go so well. In the first trainer battle, I've lost an important part of our team, Izy. A critical hit Jump Kick finished him without any chance of surviving. I now realize that we need a lot more training if we want to stand a chance.

R.I.P.
    Izy
    24-27

I went to challenge the gym leader anyway. I though I was going to defeat him only by using Mickey. That was a bad idea, Jagger gave his life as well. I have to be honest, I really loved Jagger... That was a ridiculous decision from me to put him on. It only was also stupid to challenge the gym leader when all of the four attacks Mickey has are not very effective against his Poliwrath. I regret this battle even though I have won the badge.

R.I.P.
    Jagger
    10-30

I've decided that enough is enough, I won't lose any more lives.
    Is it sad that this really depressed me? ;-;

ANYWAY. Short update, I returned briefly to my game to check out the honey tree's. The first one gave me a disapointing Wurmple, so I defeated it. But the second gave me an Serious, female Aipom! I was exstatic! That was all for today though, next step, Valley Windworks!

Current Team:

Lv 16

Lv 16

Lv 14

@AffroBull

I know, I'm so sad. Especially Jagger, I really liked him! I guess that's the challenge, I have to respect the rules haha!

This is why I hate Nuzlocke challenges, I can't think of the thought of my Pokemon dying >.<

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

I want to do a nuzlocke, cause it's the only challenge I haven't done yet, but I'm too scared of loosing my main Pokémon

Resuming my Normal Monotype, I entered Valley Windworks, and easily battled through team Galactic with Staravia and Bibarel. Afterwards, I went back outside for some last pre-Mars training of Aipom. When I got to the Galactic commander, Aipom was up first, and she took out Zubat, despite being badly poisoned! Next, she sent out Purugly, and I switched to Staravia. I first used an X-Attack, because I knew she would use Fake Out and I didn't want to waste a turn. It was going really well, and Staravia managed to get Purugly into 5% health! But thanks to a Critical Hit Scratch, the cat took out the bird! Bibarel quickly finished it off with a Rock Smash to it's ugly face.
    After healing up back at the PC, I headed up Route 205, battling all the trainers with Aipom to train him up. Once I got to Eterna Forest, I teamed up with Cheryl to explore it. I caught another new member whilst here, my female Adamant Buneary! Once out of the forest, I went to the tall grass to catch a Buizel for the trade in Eterna, only to find they aren't found here in Platinum! So it's back to Route 205 SOUTH to catch one!

Current Team:

Lv 12

Lv 18

Lv 20

Lv 20

I'm off to some break from my Mono-type. I have other projects to do. But I will be back soon!

Ok. I'd like to start a HeartGold Monotype challenge. Can anyone recommend some good types? Im thinking Normal, Flying or Grass. Any others?
    HeartGold FC: 2537 6643 9385
    PSN: nzk10

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories which are greatly wonderfully ridiculous, the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah there's this big giant universe and it's expanding and it's all gonna collapse on itself and we're all here, just, just 'cuz.' "

You should try Normal! Good luck buddy.

You should try Normal! Good luck buddy.
    Ok. Is it ok if I use Pokéwalker Pokémon, like Kangaskhan?

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories which are greatly wonderfully ridiculous, the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah there's this big giant universe and it's expanding and it's all gonna collapse on itself and we're all here, just, just 'cuz.' "

Quote Originally Posted by nzk10 View Post
    Ok. Is it ok if I use Pokéwalker Pokémon, like Kangaskhan?
    Sure it is! Don't forget, the challenge is very flexible. You make your own adjustments from the base rules.

Sure it is! Don't forget, the challenge is very flexible. You make your own adjustments from the base rules.
    K! Ive decided on the team I want to have when I reach Falkner.
    Kangaskhan (Only until I can get Miltank), Hoothoot, Rattata.

@nzk10

Try not to plan everything out too much. Go with the flow. You'll see, you'll have much more fun than knowing what will happen already.

Fine. Normal Monotype, BEGIN!!!
    At this point, I'm in Cherrygrove City with only my Lv. 5 , on my way to Mr. Pokémon's house on an errand for Prof. Elm. I head into the Pokémon Center to heal. I do so, then head back out to Route 29 to get my Chikorita to Lv 7. Done Leveling, I head back and heal at Cherrygrove's Pokémon Center. I am about to take my first steps onto Route 30, when an old man runs up to me and loads the Map Card onto my Pokégear, wishes me luck on my journey, and walks away. Now, my team:

Lv. 7
    My game clock is 0:22, and I'll continue this tomorrow!! Good Night, Fellow Serebiites! (Yes, I just made up that word)

@nzk10

I wish you luck! Go catch that first Rattata! Haha! ^_^

Starting a Montype on SS. What type are you recommending me using?
    In possession of a wand made of Dogwood. 13 inches long with a dragon heart-string core. Very supple. Sorted into Gryffindor

Heartgold FC: 3224 8200 8836
    White FC: 1592 4903 1670

Spoiler:- Pokedexs:

Spoiler:- Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon35 View Post
    Starting a Montype on SS. What type are you recommending me using?
    How about poison? You can get ghastly, bellsprout and zubat before the 1st gym, and then you can get tentacruel for surf. You can even use beedrill since you're using SS.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    How about poison? You can get ghastly, bellsprout and zubat before the 1st gym, and then you can get tentacruel for surf. You can even use beedrill since you're using SS.
    Good point. Crobat can be used as a flyer too. I don't think I'd use beedrill though, I think there are better ones to use.
    In possession of a wand made of Dogwood. 13 inches long with a dragon heart-string core. Very supple. Sorted into Gryffindor

Heartgold FC: 3224 8200 8836
    White FC: 1592 4903 1670

Spoiler:- Pokedexs:

Spoiler:- Claims:

I can vouch for Poison, it's a very interesting type since you'll be immune to poison status-something less to worry about.

You're also not limited to just using poison as a status move- for example Vileplume/Victreebel can also Sleep and Paralyze foes. They also doesn't have a Ground weakness which is good.

The team I used was Koffing, Vileplume, Tentacruel, Crobat, Arbok and Nidorino. Unfortunately I lost the save file so I couldn't finish but I enjoyed it- in particular the Nidos have a good movepool like Ice Beam, Surf, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, etc.

Koffing also makes a good physical wall and can use Fire Blast/Thunder for coverage. Tentacruel works well with it as a special wall for your team. Arbok was fun but pretty weak but I found Glare to be useful and you can teach it Rock Tomb to defeat Bugsy's Scyther pretty easy.

only problem is there are no Poison/Dark types before the Elite Four so you don't have an immunity to Psychic types, which could be a problem for Will/Sabrina

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast