Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Monotype Challenge Thread!

That settles it. Poison type it is.
    In possession of a wand made of Dogwood. 13 inches long with a dragon heart-string core. Very supple. Sorted into Gryffindor

Heartgold FC: 3224 8200 8836
    White FC: 1592 4903 1670

Spoiler:- Pokedexs:

Spoiler:- Claims:

Ok. Here is my team from last night
    Lv. 7.
    I leave Cherrygrove City and go north onto Route 30. I walk east of the first patch of grass to find a Potion! I then go into a house just up ahead and talk to a bald man. He's apparently very happy, so he gives me an Apricorn Box! Then I leave, and steal a green Apricorn from his tree, and continue north, grabbing an Antidote, fighting some wild Pokémon, and stealing a pink Apricorn from Mr. Pokémon's tree, and I enter Mr Pokémon's house! Mr Pokémon (who was talking with Prof. Oak) gives me the Mystery Egg and heals my Chikorita, and Oak gives me the Pokédex! I exchange numbers with him and leave, when suddenly Prof. Elm calls me and tells me to return immediately. Something about a disaster, I dunno. I head back to Cherrygrove City, and as I'm about to enter Route 29, that totally non-suspicions Red-haired person who was by Elm's lab before stops me, says my pitifully weak Chikorita is too good for me (as if!) and challenges me to a battle with his Cyndaquil.
    HeartGold FC: 2537 6643 9385
    PSN: nzk10

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories which are greatly wonderfully ridiculous, the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah there's this big giant universe and it's expanding and it's all gonna collapse on itself and we're all here, just, just 'cuz.' "

(Sorry about double-posting, but my PS3 limits the size of each of my posts)
    Apparently, his name is Passerby Boy. A bit odd, but I accept his challenge! A few Tackles later (What do you mean, "Ok for someone weak"? I beat you!) his Cyndaquil's corpse lies before me, and he has the nerve to ask me if I'm happy that I won (hell yeah!)! In punishment, I order Chikorita to maul him, at which point he gives me $500 to stop. I accept (what can I say, I'm too nice) and he asks me if I want to know who he is (No) and then tells me he's going to become the world's greatest Pokémon Trainer! Sorry, that position is taken! I then steal his Trainer Card, so I now know his name (which I already knew from the text box that appeared in the air earlier, Passerby Boy!). I give it back, and he runs away. I then save at the spot.

Game Clock: 0:38
    Team: Lv 8
    I'll continue this later today. Bye!

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories which are greatly wonderfully ridiculous, the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah there's this big giant universe and it's expanding and it's all gonna collapse on itself and we're all here, just, just 'cuz.' "

So I am restarting Pearl (now that I can transfer my pokémon to White) and was thinking of doing a monotype run. Are there any type suggestions? I was thinking of ground simply because I have never used Torterra, but I have by no means decided on that as my type. If you can think of a different type you would like to see, just say so. I am open to (reasonable) suggestions.

Please suggest pokémon for me to use on my team. As long as I can get one or two pretty early, I should be good. I do not NEED my starter (and will probably not use it in some cases) so do not let that stop you.
    NOTE: I am open to some minimal restrictions, but this is the first non-Nuzlocke challenge I have ever done, so if you wish to restrict, please be on the more reasonable side.
        Spoiler:- Trained 'mons in White:

Spoiler:- Current challenges:

^ I'm the same as this but in Diamond. I was thinking of maybe doing a Monotype on it but I always seem to get bored halfway through. Worth a try though. I was thinking of doing a Ground Mono as like bbbrrritcold said I have never used Torterra and I like the idea of using Pokemon like Mamoswine which I rarely use.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

bbbrrritcold, just forcing yourself to use one type is restriction enough I think. Ground gives you a few good choices such as Garchomp and Hippowdon with the latter's sandstorm not affecting any of your team.
    In possession of a wand made of Dogwood. 13 inches long with a dragon heart-string core. Very supple. Sorted into Gryffindor

@bbbrrritcold

Ground sounds fun! You could also try Normal or Grass.
    Do you like animes such as Fairy Tail, SKET Dance, etc?
    Do you enjoy digital art, and art competitions?
    Do you love an engaging community where everyone is close to each other?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should REALLY join...

Game Clock: 0:38
    Team: Lv 8

I then head back to Elm's lab, stopping on the way to grab a Green Apricorn. I enter the city, viewing those ominous words floating on my screen. I then take a deep breath and tentatively enter. A police officer!
    "Who are you? We are investigating the case of the missing Pokémon here... Rule number 1! "Whoever did it will come back to the site!"
    (Umm... I guess all that coffee and donuts made him a little hyper...)
    "It was Passerby Boy!!"
    I just ran out as fast as I could. I thought police officers had some kind of physical training.. I give Elm the Pokémon Egg and tell him about Oak giving me the Pokédex. He then says stuff, and I leave. I head onto Route 29 and Lyra teaches me how to catch Pokémon (Thanks a lot), and gives me 5 Pokéballs! I then go Rattata-hunting and finally catch one! I then rest my Pokémon in Cherrygrove Pokémon Center, and save.

Game Clock: 0:58
    Team: Lv. 4

I'll continue when i have Kangaskhan available to me via Pokéwalker.

I used Defog, then made my way towards Celestic Town. There were many trainers on the route, so I fought them all and managed to get *most* of my team to level 33-35. Eventually, I reached the town and headed into the Pokemon Centre.

After healing, I headed west to the route leading to Mt. Coronet. I went and fought all the trainers on this route because I wanted to level a couple more Pokemon up. My Staravia levelled up to 34 and evolved into Staraptor! It also learned the move Close Combat.

Then, I headed back to Celestic. I went to the ruins, where I met a Team Galactic Grunt. He battled me, and I defeated his weak team very easily. I then went into the ruins and saw the painting. I also obtained the HM for Surf.

When I left the ruins, I saw Cyrus, who talked for a bit before leaving. I healed at the Pokemon Centre and saved my game.

Team:

I headed down Cycling Road and battled the trainers, then I battled the trainers close to Mt Coronet before Dawn gave me a VS Seeker and a Dowsing MCHN. I then headed to the Wayward Cave. First I went in the hidden entrance and grabbed the Earthquake TM and then I went in the main entrance, found Lyra, and trained my Steel team there for awhile. I went through Mt Coronet and battled the trainers near Hearthome before arriving in Hearthome City.

I managed to stop a runaway Buneary before heading to the Contest Hall and meeting Fantina there. She left for the gym so I followed her there. I defeated all of her gym trainers and I felt like my team wasn't prepared enough as I found the gym trainers to be troublesome. I threw caution to the wind though and I challenged Fantina. Prinplup took out her Duskull with 2 Bubblebeam's and then she switched to Mismagius. I used Onix but she knocked it out with Magical Leaf. Wormadam came next and did a little damage but was knocked out as well. I went with Prinplup but like Onix and Wormadam it fainted. Probopass came out and finally defeated her stupid Mismagius! Bronzor swiftly took out her Haunter with a few Extrasensory's and I won!! I got the badge, healed, and headed east.

My rival stopped me before I could make more progress and challenged me to a battle. Onix beat his Staravia and his Ponyta with a few Rock Throw's. Buizel fell to a couple Extrasensory's and then his Grotle fainted thanks to Wormadam's Bug Bite. He ran off so I healed in Hearthome and decided to take a stroll in Amity Square before taking a break. Team is Lv26-28.

Current Team
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

You can also follow the status of my adventure on my blog! It's in my signature.

After a long rest at Olivine City, we're back in training! We trained against Tentacools most of the time. We also got to fight a few Tentacruels once in a while. We've still got a long way into training before we'll be strong enough to face the city's gym.

Lyra also evolved, I'm very proud of her! She'll help me a lot during the gym battle!

After thinking about it, Mickey is more than enough to face the gym leader. He used a single surf for each of her Pokemons. It was a piece of cake. I also had a call from a friend saying that the Safari Zone is open! I'm now particularly interested in the Safari itself but the road leading there is a quite interesting one, I'll go check it out!

I've defeated most of the trainers on the way to the Safari Zone. I now have to get back on tracks and continue on Route 42. I went there and a hiker gave me Strength HM. I've heard of that a rare Pokemon lived in the Slowpoke well so I'm going to use Strength to go through the big boulders and deeper into the well, maybe I could find it.

I didn't hear right, the rare Pokemon was actually in the Union Cave. And I've caught her! Her name is Serena. She doesn't really like to fight, but she will fight for me. I named her Serena after my girlfriend. <3 Because it's a really beautiful Pokemon and my girlfriend doesn't like violence either.

We now need to train Serena hard, she'll be a great addition to the team! Also, I've found a King's Rock. I equipped Queen with it. Who know's what could happen, maybe she'll evolve soon!

We trained for quite a while in Mt. Mortar, it's a pretty good place to train Serena because it has many Geodudes, which are weak to Lapras. I'd like to give Mickey a break for the next gym, he has done a lot of important battles until now. It's time for others to show what they got. I'm going to pass the night in Mahogany Town and tomorrow, I'm heading to the Lake of Rage. I heard strange things have happened over there!

We woke up the next morning with a lot of energy! We're back on track on the route to the Lake of Rage!

Right after I stepped in the lake, a Gyarados came to attack me. It was on a big rampage! I had to stop him somehow, but I couldn't. I decided to catch him. Blue is now the heaviest member of our a team and will be a very strong one soon!

While training, something incredible happened! Queen evolved into a Slowking! It was incredible! I'm proud of her.

Team

Name: Mickey
    Character: Modest
    Level: 39

Name: Queen
    Level: 32

Name: Lyra
    Character: Careful
    Level: 33

Name: Serena
    Character: Adamant
    Level: 27

Name: Blue
    Character: Calm
    Level: 15

Spoiler:- Dead:

@_Snivy
    Um, but in order to evolve Slowpoke to a Slowking, you must link trade, and why didn't you catch the Red Gyarados?
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

@Tarro57

I did link trade but had to give it a spice haha! And I didn't get to him yet. I went on the west side of the lake first. I'll catch him as well just to keep him because he's shiny. But I prefer Blue!

So...upon the request of my girlfriend, I am going to do a poison monotype run. That gives me 7 fully evolved pokémon from which to choose (without trading excluding trade evolutions). And I do not know which one I will not pick...

Anyway, I just finished the final steps of moving everything Pearl to White. Then I will start a new game, grab a non-chimchar starter, and go with it until I catch either a Budew or a Zubat. And then I can have fun from there.

@bbbrrritcold

Good luck buddy! I don't really know any of the 4th gen Pokemons so I can't really give you an advice. I hope you'll have fun!

@_snivy
    Thanks. Good luck on your run. I am doing a Nuzlocke of SS, but have hit a point of tough grinding, so I am taking a break.

I just started my run. Seeing as I am going for poison, my name is Cyanide (and my rival is Vaccine). I went to the lake and got my starter, Turtwig, who will be with me until I hit 203 for a Budew (or until night falls for a Zubat, but I hope that is not my first...). I am currently cruising across 202.

I am thinking of doing a poison monotype run-through of soulsilver until the champion and then i might go further, i don't know. I thinking of using these pokemon in my team. I have though about the different type combos to still give me a slight advantage without breaking the monotype rescriction
    This is what i plan on using. This will change as i complete further parts of the game.
    Main team
    /////
    Last edited by Lucarimew2; 30th October 2011 at 6:52 PM.
    I am an experienced Artist, Breeder and Cloner (I don't use PokeCheck)
    Contact me if you want any pokemon breeding, cloning or want to request some art.
    Here is a list of my breeding and cloning services:
        Spoiler:- Services:

Please be specific in what you would like and contact me via a PM. I will give you my freind code when we have an agreement on the trade.
    Please be aware trading me a hacked pokemon is a scam and you will be denied any further trades
    (I will only trade pokemon that i am sure of being 100% legit)

@Lucarimew2

I kind of like how your Pokemons' types are spread out into many types. Water, Grass, Bug, Ghost, etc.

I wish you best of luck buddy!

Lucarimew2, I think a Venonat would be better than a Weedle. It can learn stronger bug type moves to help against psychic types.

You can also follow the status of my adventure on my blog! It's in my signature.

After a good night sleep, we headed to the Lake of Rage's East side. We've caught a Shiny Gyarados and we met Lance. He requested our help to defeat Team Rocket. We went in their HQ and we're now battling them to death! It's a good training for Blue and Serena!

Team

Name: Mickey
    Level: 39

Name: Queen

Name: Lyra
    Character: Careful

Name: Serena
    Character: Adamant
    Level: 29

Name: Blue
    Character: Calm
    Level: 18

Spoiler:- Dead:

Right I've decided I will do a Ground Mono on Diamond (when I can be bothered to start it) and I think I have most of my team sorted.

It will be Hippowdon, Torterra, Swampert (I'll find someone to trade it to me), Gliscor?, Mamoswine and any other suggestions?

Maybe rhyperior or golem?

Rhyperior is pretty nice. Probably better than Golem.
    You could also go for Garchomp or one of the Nidos. Garchomp is for more power while the Nido you choose will give you a wide move pool. Claydol might not be bad either.
    The big problem I foresee, if any, is a largely physical team. In terms of attacking, your current team has, at best, three physical and two mixed. Really though, some of your pokémon still lack that bite.
    Of course, that Ice weakness is another problem...

Anyway, I got to Jubilife and went to route 204 to catch a Budew. I trained it a bit and waited to catch a Zubat. I trained the Zubat before bringing it to the trainer's school to destroy the Abra's. After some testing, I found that Zubat got Hidden Power Psychic, which makes him easier to train and allows me to have at least one move I can use in my rival fight.
    I beat my rival after a lot of hidden powers and then proceeded through 203, battling the trainers to train my mons. I am about to enter the Oreburgh Gate.

Team:
    - Niave - lvl 10
    - Quiet - lvl 10
    Last edited by bbbrrritcold; 30th October 2011 at 11:56 PM.

I would also say rhyperior as it goes along with your current set up and it can learn a One-Hit KO move.
    Anyway after starting my poison monotype i have arrived at Violet city where i can catch my , and to use.
    Current progress
    caught lv4 outside violet city.
    I am doing this as a challenge but also because poison type is one of my least favourite types. i am also doing this so i can build a good poison pokemon for my strategic battling team.
    Last edited by Lucarimew2; 30th October 2011 at 7:52 PM.
    I am an experienced Artist, Breeder and Cloner (I don't use PokeCheck)
    Contact me if you want any pokemon breeding, cloning or want to request some art.
    Here is a list of my breeding and cloning services:
        Spoiler:- Services:

Please be specific in what you would like and contact me via a PM. I will give you my freind code when we have an agreement on the trade.
    Please be aware trading me a hacked pokemon is a scam and you will be denied any further trades
    (I will only trade pokemon that i am sure of being 100% legit)

But I won't be trading. So I think I will take Garchomp and I don't really care about Ice as there's only 1 real Challenge which is Candice.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast